Prom

Anything and everything.

Prom

by warbot1000 » Fri May 13, 2016 6:49 pm

I'm about to do my GCSEs and at the end of them there is a prom. Since I haven't done any of this kind of thing before I just wanted to know:
What happens at a prom?
What should you wear to prom? (I know its formal stuff but have no clue what is right to wear in these situations because I usually just wear my Indian formal clothes.)
Have you guys ever been to a prom and how was it?

my ideas
http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/vie ... =15&t=4760
I am master of the elements, student of goku and digimon king
My friends an I fight for good beware of warbot the humanrobot!!

If its not JB its not right!
User

Re: Prom

by The Kingmaker » Fri May 13, 2016 7:51 pm

I go to an all boys school so no prom for me.

I'd be one of the introverts sitting at the side anyway
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri May 13, 2016 10:37 pm

Dress very well for prom, preferably in a rented tux rather than a purchased one. ;) Prom should be really amazing, though I have yet to go to one personally. I've gone to homecoming at my school and it was disappointing, but if you trust your school to have a great prom then it probably will be great. :)
BBB

by Sinque Productions » Sat May 14, 2016 3:55 am

I would just suggest to be cheap. In the matter of life, getting a limo or pricey clothing, etc. really won't change your life except destroying your wallet and then your life (unless your parents are paying for it). So maybe rent a tux.

I can't tell you what happens as I have never been to one. When I do, you can bet I will convince whoever is running it to allow me to bring my dog in a stroller dressed up as a princess or Vez'nan.
;)
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User

by warbot1000 » Sat May 14, 2016 4:41 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Dress very well for prom, preferably in a rented tux rather than a purchased one. ;) Prom should be really amazing, though I have yet to go to one personally. I've gone to homecoming at my school and it was disappointing, but if you trust your school to have a great prom then it probably will be great. :)

I kind of hope that the school makes it great but if not my year if any will find a way. We have become infamous in our school as the hardest people to teach but also as students who don't need to be taught much :). For example our schools GCSE grades for Maths, English and the 3 sciences is 1 B (above national average by about 10) every 4 years with all other grades being A or A* which is pretty insane.

Odds are that if its boring at some point a group odds will start.* This will lead to something dumb but interesting happening which will lead to a great prom.
Sinque Productions wrote:I would just suggest to be cheap. In the matter of life, getting a limo or pricey clothing, etc. really won't change your life except destroying your wallet and then your life (unless your parents are paying for it). So maybe rent a tux.
I can't tell you what happens as I have never been to one. When I do, you can bet I will convince whoever is running it to allow me to bring my dog in a stroller dressed up as a princess or Vez'nan.
;)

It would be great if you did but you don't know where it is xD. I have forgotten but I have a letter with the address, do you?

With the suit thing is there a special kind of suit that I should rent/buy. Also I forgot to mention this earlier but I think most of the people going are just wearing the suits they have bought for sixth form next year.

*Odds is a game at our school where you say a dare like statement to someone. Then you challenge them to odds. They pick a number (e.g.10) and then two people go 3...2...1... and then say a random number from between 1 and the chosen number. If they say the same number the person who picked the number has to do the task or shave off an eyebrow. If the numbers were no the same then you repeat but the person who picked the number last round is not at risk of having to do dare this round. Group odds is the same thing but with a group of people and the odds repeat until someone has to do the dare. There are a few more variations of this game which I will explain if someone wants me to.

my ideas

User

by Sinque Productions » Sat May 14, 2016 4:58 am

warbot1000 wrote:
It would be great if you did but you don't know where it is xD. I have forgotten but I have a letter with the address, do you?

:?: Don't know where the prom is!?
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User

by warbot1000 » Sat May 14, 2016 5:01 am

Sinque Productions wrote:
warbot1000 wrote:

:?: Don't know where the prom is!?

It's not at my school its at some obscure hall in a small village about 20 miles away xD.
Also I know where it is now I looked at the letter.

my ideas

User

by Juice Box » Sat May 14, 2016 9:38 am

Oooooooh!! Lots of great memories during my prom! I don't mean to be all grandma-y to y'all with the whole backstories and whatnot, but it was when I had my first kiss with my boyfriend, after maybe two years of wondering "does he like me or not?" So naturally it was like one of the most bestest days <3333333 .

I actually went to three proms, though haha :b . My school is an all-girl school surrounded by other all-girl and all-boy schools, and all in all we make up around 8 schools. I went to my own prom, and then two other all-boy school proms. What's funny though is the two all-boy schools I went to are actually superduper rival schools--we'll call them Blue and Green--so neither my Blue date nor my Green date were particularly happy I was going with the other (which of course was extremely cute). But for my own prom, I asked Blue out 'cause he was the one I liked a lot for around two years lol.

Personally, I'd say you should try as much as possible to make prom great :b . It'll only happen once in your life and can give you some of your best memories, so try not to be cheap lol ;D . You'll want to feel good about yourself, so make sure you have the best tux possible--as in, exactly your fit! I'm not saying you should go get something tailor-made (though that would be great), but this is your night, and you should feel great and have a great time all-throughout.

Regarding the date, it's usually not a good idea to bring someone who's plain bragging material. I really do wish you would ask someone you're comfortable with, since then you can atleast ensure you'll have fun :b . But then again, if you have someone who's both comfortable and bragging material, then all the better haha ;P .
User

by warbot1000 » Sat May 14, 2016 10:03 am

Juice Box wrote:Oooooooh!! Lots of great memories during my prom! I don't mean to be all grandma-y to y'all with the whole backstories and whatnot, but it was when I had my first kiss with my boyfriend, after maybe two years of wondering "does he like me or not?" So naturally it was like one of the most bestest days <3333333 .

I actually went to three proms, though haha :b . My school is an all-girl school surrounded by other all-girl and all-boy schools, and all in all we make up around 8 schools. I went to my own prom, and then two other all-boy school proms. What's funny though is the two all-boy schools I went to are actually superduper rival schools--we'll call them Blue and Green--so neither my Blue date nor my Green date were particularly happy I was going with the other (which of course was extremely cute). But for my own prom, I asked Blue out 'cause he was the one I liked a lot for around two years lol.

Personally, I'd say you should try as much as possible to make prom great :b . It'll only happen once in your life and can give you some of your best memories, so try not to be cheap lol ;D . You'll want to feel good about yourself, so make sure you have the best tux possible--as in, exactly your fit! I'm not saying you should go get something tailor-made (though that would be great), but this is your night, and you should feel great and have a great time all-throughout.

Regarding the date, it's usually not a good idea to bring someone who's plain bragging material. I really do wish you would ask someone you're comfortable with, since then you can atleast ensure you'll have fun :b . But then again, if you have someone who's both comfortable and bragging material, then all the better haha ;P .

I would love a great tux just need to ask my parents to see how much they would be willing to dish out. Luckily for some people (uneven distribution of boys and girls would lead to some unhappy people) no one has to bring a date with them. OFC the couples will go as couples and that will be cute but for all the others no need.

I feel like you guys should know what person I am at school. I am the helpful kid who can talk with pretty much all the social cliques (not the jocks they just talk about sport and I really couldn't care less about that stuff) and is just there. If I had one way to describe myself in a room with my class it would be the average guy. Its just who I am I guess.

my ideas

User

by xstargaming » Sun May 15, 2016 4:03 pm

As has already been stated: dress well for prom and try to bring a date if you are able; it's simply customary to do so. Personally, though I was in charge of designing my school's prom, I decided to opt out of it in preference of staying at home and programming. If you favor social experiences, then you'll likely enjoy yourself! I've known some to truly love their proms and others to despise them; it really depends on how well the committee does with preparing it. :)
User

by warbot1000 » Sun May 15, 2016 7:51 pm

xstargaming wrote:As has already been stated: dress well for prom and try to bring a date if you are able; it's simply customary to do so. Personally, though I was in charge of designing my school's prom, I decided to opt out of it in preference of staying at home and programming. If you favor social experiences, then you'll likely enjoy yourself! I've known some to truly love their proms and others to despise them; it really depends on how well the committee does with preparing it. :)

I feel like our committee is doing well
they have awards, food, music and everything set up so it should be good :).
I love being part of social experiences and since people are leaving it'll be a final hurrah for them (except for the fact there is a trip to Thorpe park 3 days later)

my ideas

User