[ACTUAL] Community TvM

Anything and everything.

[ACTUAL] Community TvM

by Juice Box » Sat May 14, 2016 11:57 am

Oh my gosh. Took me a lot of time to finally send you all your roles. Glad that's over, haha :b .

Anyways, it was incredibly difficult to make the game KR-themed, since a lot of you are Vanilla Townies and most of you have roles not at all related to any hero unit. But whatever:

Welcome to Townies VS Mafia. Here's how you play:
Stuff You Have to Read (Notes and Guidelines):
- During the Day Phase, each player discusses with all other players on one person to lynch for suspicion of being Mafia. Each player may only vote for one person each day. He may abstain if he desires. A player requires 50% of votes in order to be lynched. Once a player has reached 50%, he has been hammered and is automatically lynched. For example, if there are ten active players, anyone who receives 5 votes against him immediately dies.
- During the Night Phase, each player with a power role may send me a Private Message on who they will use their ability on. No one may post anything during the Night Phase. All discussion is prohibited.
- There are a specific number of Mafia in the game. If you are a Townie player, it is your task to eliminate all Mafia. You do not win until they have all been eliminated. You heavily outnumber the Mafia, but do not know who each other are.
- If you are a Mafia player, it is your task to outnumber the Townies. You do not win until you occupy 50% of the population, at which point you trivialize the rest of the game. You are ridiculously outnumbered, but know who each other are. Aside from this, you are capable of performing the Factional Nightkill, which basically means you as a faction may decide on one person each Night to kill.
- No one may send each other private messages regarding the game. All discussion must occur in this thread. Exceptions apply to the Mafia and anyone stated otherwise.
- Once you have died, you are allowed to post as much as you want, though it's heavily discouraged. Just make sure you don't tell anyone anything you know, put suspicion on anyone, or even flat-out contribute to the game. You can fool around and post whatever, but don't mess with the other players. Seriously.
- Anyone who disobeys the rules will immediately be mod-killed (removed from the game).

Stuff You Don't Really Need to Read But Probably Should if You're New or Want to Win (Tips, Notes and Guidelines):
- SinqueProductions is the Town's Governor. As such, everyone knows he is aligned to the Town and may serve as a center for the Town's strategies. For his own protection, he has been assigned a Townie Bodyguard. No one knows the identity of this Bodyguard, but so long as he lives, SinqueProductions will remain Bulletproof (whenever an attempt is made at his life, he will survive).
- It's very difficult for me to see who everyone votes for. So I ask that you do all your votes in this manner:
I wrote:Man, BBB sucks so much that I think he's scum. He probably isn't but we should get rid of him anyway. I mean, I know this is a horrible reason to vote for someone, but he's BBB so it's okay.

VTL: BBB

"VTL" means "Vote to Lynch." Basically, keep all your votes in Bold, and be sure to separate it from your main line of text. The point here is to make your vote stand out, so I can easily see who you're voting for and won't have to scour through your whole post.
- If you are suspicious of someone but don't want to vote for them immediately, you may alert the rest of the Town in this format:
I wrote:Man, I know, right? BBB really probably is Mafia, on the grounds that he is a nublet human being. But I am an amazing pacifist and a follower of Master Champion Champion Master Champion Empress Queen Master Champion Juice Box, and thus don't want to vote for him yet, so here you know whatever.

FOS: BBB

"FOS" means "Finger of Suspicion." Like VTL, keep the Finger of Suspicion in Bold and separate it from your main line of text.
- If you, for whatever reason, want to change your vote, then do it in this manner:
I wrote:Man, you know, I voted for TaTs a few minutes ago, but now I feel bad about it and want to change my vote to BBB.

Un-VTL: TaTs
VTL: BBB

Just yeah. Make sure I see it. Really. Counting votes is harder than you think.

- You are allowed to gambit. Click the spoiler tag to see what a gambit is:
[+] SPOILER
A "gambit" basically means a high-risk high-reward scenario that can bring you and your plans to further fruition. An example would be something known as Fong's Gambit, which consists of a player voting for himself in hopes of Mafia leading on and voting for him, as well, potentially spotting and tracking out other Mafia. Another example is the No-Kill Gambit, where Mafia actually choose not to kill anyone, in hopes of sparking interest between Townie Doctors and Townie Roleblockers/Jailkeepers:
I wrote:Doctor: I claim Doctor! I protected John last night and there was no Nightkill. Assuming the Jailkeeper didn't target the Mafia killer, that must mean John is a Townie!
John: *silently cackles in glee because he is actually the Godfather*

Jailkeeper: I claim Jailkeeper! I stopped Bethany last night and there was no Nightkill. Assuming the Doctor didn't save the Nightkill target, that must mean Bethany is a Mafia!
Bethany: *loudly exclaims outright sorrow because she is actually the Detective*

There are also things like the Slayer's Gambit, which pertains to a Townie actually acting like he's Mafia in hopes that the actual Mafia will jump into the Bandwagon and vote for him immediately, hopefully fleshing out targets. There's also bussing, where you are Mafia and actually help get one of your members lynched, in hopes of assuring your own status as a Townie. There are tons of other gambits, but do note that even though these things are high-reward, they can also potentially get you killed. Getting killed sucks, obviously, so be careful.[/quote]

- Lol there's a gambit named after BBB which is also known as possibly being the worst gambit, because lol BBB your gambit sucks.
- You are allowed to say your role. Do note that roleclaiming can put you in considerable risk and bring you to potential danger, so think about that before proceeding. If you desire, you may attempt a Softclaim, which basically means you hint at your role without explicitly stating it.
- You are allowed to lie, bluff and deceive other players. This means if you want to claim that you are a Vanilla Townie when you are in fact not, then you may do so. If you want to say that you are a Detective and have reason to believe a specific player is Mafia, when in fact you are the Mafia Godfather, then you may do so. Just don't cheat.
- I cannot give you a list of roles present in the game. You will have to find that out on your own. I can guarantee you, however, that the following roles are present:
[+] SPOILER
***Godfather: has the final say on who the Mafia will kill each night and who will perform the kill. Shows up as Innocent when investigated by a Cop.
***Detective: choose a person to check his faction every night. One-shot bulletproof (the first time an attempt is made at your life, survive).
***Governor: role and identity is revealed from the very start of the game, but one Townie is assigned as your Bodyguard. As long as that Townie lives, remain Bulletproof (whenever an attempt is made at your life, survive).
***Bodyguard: so long as you survive, the Governor will remain Bulletproof (whenever an attempt is made at his life, he will survive).
***Vanilla: no special abilities, but may still discuss and vote as normal during day.

If you are curious, here is a list of all possible roles that may appear in this game:
[+] SPOILER
Possible Mafia Roles:
***Godfather: has the final say on who the Mafia will kill each night and who will perform the kill. Shows up as Innocent when investigated by a Cop.
***Lawyer: choose a person at night. If that person is chosen for lynch the next day, he will be saved.
***Assassin: choose a person to kill every night.
***Goon: no special abilities, but can perform the factional night kill and may still discuss and vote as normal during day.
***Jailkeeper/Roleblocker: choose a person at night. If that person performs a power role the same night, he will be blocked.
***Janitor: choose a person each night. If that person is killed on the same night, his role, faction and whereabouts will not be revealed the next day.
***Framer: choose a person each night. If that person is investigated by a Detective, he will show up as Mafia.
Possible Townie Roles:
***Detective: choose a person to check his faction every night. One-shot bulletproof (the first time an attempt is made at your life, survive).
***Doctor: choose a person at night. If that person is targeted for kill the same night, he will be saved. The target will not be informed of this.
***Vigilante: choose a person to kill every night.
***Lawyer V2: choose a person at night. The next day, that person will need only half the required votes to be hammered for a lynch. The target will not be informed of this.
***Bodyguard: so long as you survive, the Governor will remain Bulletproof (whenever an attempt is made at his life, he will survive).
***Governor: role and identity is revealed from the very start of the game, but one Townie is assigned as your Bodyguard. As long as that Townie lives, remain Bulletproof (whenever an attempt is made at your life, survive).
***Jailkeeper/Roleblocker: choose a person each night. If that person performs a power role the same night, he will be blocked.
***Paranoid Gun Owner/War Veteran: Has a three-shot On-Alert (the first three times anyone visits you at night, kill the visitor/s).
***Vanilla: no special abilities, but may still discuss and vote as normal during day.
Possible Third-Party Factions:
***Serial Killer: has no allegiance with anyone. One-shot gun (the first time an attempt is made at your life, kill the assailant). May kill one person each night.
***Arsonist: has no allegiance with anyone. One-shot gun (the first time an attempt is made at your life, kill the assailant). May douse one person each night. The following nights, he can choose to douse more people or to burn all doused players.
***Freemason: a small group of Townies who know who each other are and know they are all innocent, and may speak to each other at night.
***Cult: has no allegiance with anyone except other Cultists. Choose a person to recruit each night. The next day, that person will defect and now be part of the Cult. Cultists may speak to each other during night, like Masons and Mafia. If the Cult attempts to recruit a Mafia, Mason or Serial Killer, recruitment will fail. If the Cult recruits a Townie with a power role, the power role is kept and will be usable by the Cult.

List of Players:
- Warbot1000 (Alive)
- FeedDaKingdom (Dead) (Overeager Vanilla Townie)
- Kingmaker (Dead) (Townie Detective)
- RZRider (Dead) (Overeager Mafia Jailkeeper)
- Magicmetal13 (Alive)
- Ninja (Dead) (Townie Doctor)
- AerisDraco (Dead) (Mafia Godfather)
- Magnus0 (Dead) (Overeager Townie Lawyer)
- SinqueProductions (Alive) (Townie Governor)
- Anorak (Dead) (Townie Bodyguard)

Current Phase: GAME OVER. TOWNIE WIN!!

Townie Casualties: 5/8
Mafia Casualties: 2/2

Survivors:
SinqueProductions (Townie Governor)
Magicmetal13 (Vanilla Townie)
Warbot1000 (Vanilla Townie)

Good luck, guys! I hope you all have fun! ^-^
Last edited by Juice Box on Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:53 am, edited 14 times in total.
User

Re: [ACTUAL] Community TvM

by Juice Box » Sat May 14, 2016 11:58 am

Day 1 has begun.

Day 1 will last until 48 hours after this post, or until any player has received 5 votes for lynch.

So go nublets start pointing fingers at each other.

Sorry for double-post ;-; .
User

by Ninja » Sat May 14, 2016 2:21 pm

Well, I'll abstain from voting to lynch anyone today, 'cause you know, it's the first day and we don't know anything at all yet. ;)
Last edited by Ninja on Sat May 14, 2016 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:hero:
User

by AerisDraco » Sat May 14, 2016 2:42 pm

VTL: Juice Box

jk

I'll abstain, like Ninja.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by warbot1000 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:05 pm

I'm gonna abstain because killing a random person before they could enjoy the game would be evil, :veznan: level evil.

my ideas
http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/vie ... =15&t=4760
I am master of the elements, student of goku and digimon king
My friends an I fight for good beware of warbot the humanrobot!!

If its not JB its not right!
User

by Magnus0 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:44 pm

I'll abstain too, for the same reason as Warbot. Mindlesly trying to kill somebody right of the bat seems a bit cruel since most participants seem to be new to this game.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by Juice Box » Sat May 14, 2016 4:06 pm

Well, this is interesting, haha :b .

I've honestly never seen any game where most players deliberately choose to abstain on the first day. Usually people just start pointing fingers at each other for the most obscure reasons >~< .

Anyways, two more abstain votes and the Day ends with no one being lynched. After that, night starts, so I'd like to send a reminder to everyone with a power role to not forget to send me their targets, and to not post during Night :D .
User

by The Kingmaker » Sat May 14, 2016 4:16 pm

FOS: Warbot
Because why not.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by magicmetal03 » Sat May 14, 2016 5:38 pm

Abstrain
Nothing happens,so....
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Sinque Productions » Sat May 14, 2016 11:09 pm

FOS: Ninja

He's acting very suspicious, saying he will abstain from voting. Perhaps he is making us believe it is him just for the fun (believe me I do the that). Or maybe he is making it seem like it is him so we won't think it is him.
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User

by Ninja » Sat May 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Lol, literally everyone abstained. :lol:
:hero:
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Sun May 15, 2016 2:28 am

I like to play it safe.

Abstain.
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by Juice Box » Sun May 15, 2016 6:56 am

Arrayt, six Abstain votes means you can't reach a lynch now.

Night 1 has begun.
No one has been lynched. All discussion is now prohibited. No one is allowed to post until the end of the night.

Night shall continue for 24 hours after this post, or until I receive all targets from everyone with a power role.

Have a song.
User

by Sinque Productions » Sun May 15, 2016 3:39 pm

Thank you bodyguard, you are keeping me through this extra long night *cries*
User

by Juice Box » Sun May 15, 2016 3:45 pm

Sinque Productions wrote:Thank you bodyguard, you are keeping me through this extra long night *cries*

I'm not joking when I say I'll modkill anyone who doesn't follow the rules.

One warning. Two more and it's a modkill.
User

by Sinque Productions » Sun May 15, 2016 3:48 pm

How did I break the rules?
User

by Juice Box » Sun May 15, 2016 3:53 pm

During the Night Phase, each player with a power role may send me a Private Message on who they will use their ability on. No one may post anything during the Night Phase. All discussion is prohibited.

Be careful next time.
User

by Juice Box » Mon May 16, 2016 7:00 am

The first night has ended. Day 2 has begun.

Voting can commence as usual again. As before, the first person to reach 5 votes is automatically lynched and eliminated.

I know I shouldn't do this, but since most of you are newbies and don't have much to talk about yet...
[+] SPOILER
An attempt on Kingmaker's life was made last night. He survived.
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Mon May 16, 2016 7:28 am

Hmmmm.........
FOS to Ninja
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by Sinque Productions » Mon May 16, 2016 8:03 am

Unless you can assassinate your own mafia teammate, Kingmaker is a townie.

By the way everyone, I will not have internet for a few days my (until day 5)
Until then,
VTL: Ninja
just this day
Last edited by Sinque Productions on Mon May 16, 2016 2:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User

Next