TvM: Round 3

Anything and everything.

Which additional factions should we add?

The Cult
28%
The Freemasons
32%
The Self-Aligned
40%

Total votes : 25

TvM: Round 3

by Juice Box » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:30 pm

Sorry, FDK, I think I'll be hosting again lol :b .

Anyways ayyyyyt. It's here, bruuuuuuuuh.

Okay, so, it's not actually starting yet. First, we need to flesh some things out. Like, figure out what'll be in the game and whatnot. So basically, answer these questions:

1. Should we add a Cult again?
2. Should we add the Freemasons?
3. Should we add a Self-Aligned player?

We have eleven players, so adding Cultists and Freemasons won't be a problem, we can make adjustments to that. Personally, I'd prefer if we added both of those factions, to give more interaction between players and encourage teamwork and interesting role combos and whatnot. My problem, though, is with the case of the Self-Aligned player. I understand that it's normally cool to have one, evil enemy that literally everyone needs to look out for, but in all my games with self-aligned players I have literally never seen them win, even though they have all these buffs. Playing as them is notoriously difficult. The problem is really more that they're extremely hard to play as, even if you give them lots of protection and abilities and whatever. Plus, they'll only work if we have a lot of players, and sadly, more players means more people they have to eliminate and longer time needed to survive, and thus the harder for them to win.

But whatever, if y'all want to add a Self-Aligned, then why not lol. Anyways, just vote in the above poll which extra factions you want to add. If a faction gets more than six votes (basically if more than half of you want it) then we can add it :D . You can vote for more than one option in case you want all additional factions to be in the game, so yeah lol.

In case y'all forgot or in case y'all aren't familiar with the five factions, here they are:
[+] SPOILER
Pro-Town: Must survive and eliminate all Anti-Town factions.
- Townies: Uninformed Majority. Combined with Freemasons, occupies majority of the population. Does not know who its allies are. Relies on lynching to win.
- Freemasons: Informed Majority. Combined with Townies, occupies majority of the population. Knows who other Masons are. Relies on lynching and motivation to win.
Anti-Town: Must survive and outnumber all other factions.
- Mafia: Informed Minority. Occupies a minority of the population. Knows who other Mafia are. Relies on assassinations to win.
- Cult: Informed Minority. Occupies a minority of the population. Knows who other Cultists are. Relies on conversions to win.
- Self-Aligned: Has no allies. Must be the last player standing. Does not know who other players are. Relies on unique abilities to win.

And if you forgot the rules, here:
[+] SPOILER
RULES:
I just copypasted them from the last thread so you might not really need to read this:
- During the Day Phase, each player discusses with all other players on one person to lynch for suspicion of being Mafia. Each player may only vote for one person each day. He may abstain if he desires. A player requires 50% of votes in order to be lynched. Once a player has reached 50%, he has been hammered and is automatically lynched. For example, if there are ten active players, anyone who receives 5 votes against him immediately dies.
- During the Night Phase, each player with a power role may send me a Private Message on who they will use their ability on. No one may post anything during the Night Phase. All discussion is prohibited.
- There are a specific number of Mafia in the game, as well as one Cultist who can recruit other Cultists every night. If you are a Townie player, it is your task to eliminate all Anti-Town players. You do not win until they have all been eliminated. You heavily outnumber them both, but do not know who each other are.
- If you are a Mason player, you are technically considered part of the Town and must also eliminate all Anti-Town roles. However, as an added benefit, you will be able to converse with other Masons at night and plan your actions accordingly and as a group.
- If you are a Mafia player, it is your task to outnumber the Townies. You do not win until you occupy 50% of the population, at which point you trivialize the rest of the game. You are ridiculously outnumbered, but know who each other are. Aside from this, you are capable of performing the Factional Nightkill, which basically means you as a faction may decide on one person each Night to kill.
- If you are a Cult player, it is also your task to outnumber the Townies. Like the Mafia, you do not win until you occupy 50% of the population. You start off alone, but have Factional Recruiting at your disposal, where you may choose one person each Night to convert to a Cultist. Conversion only works on Townies, but they keep all their past roles.
- If you are a Self-Aligned player, it is your task to eliminate all other players. You win only when you are alone, no exceptions. You must leave no survivors.
- No one may send each other private messages regarding the game. All discussion must occur in this thread. Exceptions apply to the Mafia, Cult, and anyone stated otherwise.
- Once you have died, you are allowed to post as much as you want, though it's heavily discouraged. Just make sure you don't tell anyone anything you know, put suspicion on anyone, or even flat-out contribute to the game. You can fool around and post whatever, but don't mess with the other players. Seriously.
- Anyone who disobeys the rules will immediately be mod-killed (removed from the game).
- It's very difficult for me to see who everyone votes for. So I ask that you do all your votes in this manner:
I wrote:Man, BBB sucks so much that I think he's scum. He probably isn't but we should get rid of him anyway. I mean, I know this is a horrible reason to vote for someone, but he's BBB so it's okay.

VTL: BBB

"VTL" means "Vote to Lynch." Basically, keep all your votes in Bold, and be sure to separate it from your main line of text. The point here is to make your vote stand out, so I can easily see who you're voting for and won't have to scour through your whole post.
- If you are suspicious of someone but don't want to vote for them immediately, you may alert the rest of the Town in this format:
I wrote:Man, I know, right? BBB really probably is Mafia, on the grounds that he is a nublet human being. But I am an amazing pacifist and a follower of Master Champion Champion Master Champion Empress Queen Master Champion Juice Box, and thus don't want to vote for him yet, so here you know whatever.

FOS: BBB

"FOS" means "Finger of Suspicion." Like VTL, keep the Finger of Suspicion in Bold and separate it from your main line of text.
- If you, for whatever reason, want to change your vote, then do it in this manner:
I wrote:Man, you know, I voted for TaTs a few minutes ago, but now I feel bad about it and want to change my vote to BBB.

Un-VTL: TaTs
VTL: BBB

Just yeah. Make sure I see it. Really. Counting votes is harder than you think.

- You are allowed to gambit. A "gambit" basically means a high-risk high-reward scenario that can bring you and your plans to further fruition. An example would be something known as Fong's Gambit, which consists of a player voting for himself in hopes of Mafia leading on and voting for him, as well, potentially spotting and tracking out other Mafia. Another example is the No-Kill Gambit, where Mafia actually choose not to kill anyone, in hopes of sparking interest between Townie Doctors and Townie Jailkeepers:
I wrote:Doctor: I claim Doctor! I protected John last night and there was no Nightkill. Assuming the Jailkeeper didn't target the Mafia killer, that must mean John is a Townie!
John: *silently cackles in glee because he is actually the Godfather*

Jailkeeper: I claim Jailkeeper! I stopped Bethany last night and there was no Nightkill. Assuming the Doctor didn't save the Nightkill target, that must mean Bethany is a Mafia!
Bethany: *loudly exclaims outright sorrow because she is actually the Detective*

There are also things like the Slayer's Gambit, which pertains to a Townie actually acting like he's Mafia in hopes that the actual Mafia will jump into the Bandwagon and vote for him immediately, hopefully fleshing out targets. There's also bussing, where you are Mafia and actually help get one of your members lynched, in hopes of assuring your own status as a Townie. There are tons of other gambits, but do note that even though these things are high-reward, they can also potentially get you killed. Getting killed sucks, obviously, so be careful.
- Lol there's a gambit named after BBB which is also known as possibly being the worst gambit, because lol BBB your gambit sucks.
- You are allowed to say your role. Do note that roleclaiming can put you in considerable risk and bring you to potential danger, so think about that before proceeding. If you desire, you may attempt a Softclaim, which basically means you hint at your role without explicitly stating it.
- You are allowed to lie, bluff and deceive other players. This means if you want to claim that you are a Vanilla Townie when you are in fact not, then you may do so. If you want to say that you are a Detective and have reason to believe a specific player is Mafia, when in fact you are the Mafia Godfather, then you may do so. Just don't cheat.

Anyways, once we answer the above three questions, we can go directly to giving everyone roles.

Just like last time, you can't tell me what specific list of roles you want. You have to give me a list of role types you want, and then I'll use random number generator to give you a role classified under that type. First come first serve. If all slots in that type are taken, I'll take what's second in your list. This is to prevent people ganging up at the very start of the game, so sorry, but none of you have guaranteed Assassin .-.

So for example, a list can look like this:
1. Government
2. Assassination
3. Conversion
69. Sabotage

If you, for example, gave me that list, then I'll give you government role priority. But if all the government slots have been taken, then I'll have no choice but to give you an assassination role. And if that's taken, then conversion's next, etc etc, until you reach a role type with a free slot. Gots? :b

A list of role types and their respective roles (get ready, 'cause this is a long one):
[+] SPOILER
Government: Possesses a form of leadership over their respective faction. Shows up as different type on Investigator reports.
- Governor: Role and identity is revealed at the very start of the game, but is assigned a bodyguard who can protect him from all assassinations and conversions. Votes count thrice when cast. Reveals as “Lynching” on Investigator reports.
- Godfather: Has the final say on who the Mafia will assassinate each night and who will perform the assassination. Reveals as “Pro-Town” on Detective reports. Reveals as “Assassination” on Investigator reports. Mafia-Only.
- Patriarch: Has the final say on who the Cult will convert each night and who will perform the conversion. Has one-shot Bulletproof. Reveals as “Conversion” on Investigator reports. Cult-Only.
- Master Freemason: Has the final say on who the Freemasons will motivate and who will perform the motivation. Shows up as "Motivation" on Investigator reports. Mason-Only.

Informative: Gathers information regarding other players’ roles, alignment and interactions.
- Detective: Choose a person every night to reveal his alignment.
- Investigator: Choose a person every night to reveal his role type.
- Coroner: Choose a person every night. If that person is assassinated the same night, reveal his role and faction, and receive a list of all people that person visited, as well as all people that visited that person.
- Journalist: Choose a person every night to receive a list of everyone he interacted with that night.
- Informant: Choose a person every night to reveal to him the identities of all Freemasons. Freemason-Only.

Conversation: Possesses a form of conversation with one or more players that can bypass conventional methods.
- Broadcaster: Choose three people every day. At night, those people will be allowed to send one letter to each other. Sending a letter is optional. They will be able to reply to each letter once, and will have until the end of the next day to reply. Replying to a letter is also optional. You will have access to the letters.
- Postman: Write a letter then choose a person at night. That person will be sent your letter. The person may reply once, and will have until the end of the next day to reply.
- Announcer: Write a letter at night. The next day, that letter will be publicly revealed to everyone in the Town.
- Medium: Write a letter then choose a deceased player during day. That deceased player will be sent your letter. The person may reply once, and will have until the end of the next night to reply. If the receiver was an Anti-Town, he will not receive the letter.

Protective: Protects other players from assassinations, conversions and lynchings.
- Doctor: Choose a person every night to protect him from assassinations.
- Psychologist: Choose a person every night to protect him from conversions.
- Bodyguard: Permanently assigned a single person to protect from all conversions and assassinations.
- Judge: Choose a person every night to protect him from lynching the next day. Mafia-Only.

Lynching: Effectiveness is based on the daily lynch.
- Governor: Role and identity is revealed at the very start of the game, but is assigned a bodyguard who can protect him from all assassinations and conversions. Votes count thrice when cast. Reveals as “Lynching” on Investigator reports.
- Lawyer: Choose a person every night to make all votes against him count twice the next day.
- Brawler: Choose a person every day. All votes will be revoked, and you and that person will be the only targets for lynch, with votes against your opponent counting twice. If ending in draw, your opponent will be lynched.

Assassination: Assassinates other players, removing them from the game. Mafia’s primary ability.
- Vigilante: Choose a person every night to assassinate.
- Godfather: Has the final say on who the Mafia will assassinate each night and who will perform the assassination. Reveals as “Pro-Town” on Detective reports. Reveals as “Assassination” on Investigator reports. Mafia-Only.
- Assassin: Aside from the Factional Assassination, choose a person every night to assassinate. Mafia-Only.
- Interceptor: Choose a person every night to assassinate a maximum of two people that target that person. Mafia-Only.

Conversion: Converts other players’ alignments from one faction to another. Cult’s primary ability.
- Patriarch: Has the final say on who the Cult will convert each night and who will perform the conversion. If the target is a Mafia or a Mason, conversion will fail. Has one-shot Bulletproof. Reveals as “Conversion” on Investigator reports. Cult-Only.
- Recruiter: Aside from the Factional Conversion, choose a person every night to convert. If the target is a Mafia or a Mason, conversion will fail. Cult-Only.
- Diverter: Choose a person every night to convert all people that target that person. If the target is a Mafia or a Mason, conversion will fail. Cult-Only.

Manipulation: Manipulates other players to gain effectiveness.
- Transporter: Choose two people every night to switch all night actions performed on either.
- High Roller: Choose two people every night. The first person’s night action will be used on the second person.
- Spy: Choose a person every night. If that person dies the same night, assume the role of that player while maintaining your original alignment. Mafia-Only.

Motivation: Increases the effectiveness of other players.
- Master Freemason: Has the final say on who the Masons will motivate and who will perform the motivation. Shows up as “Motivation” on Investigator reports. Mason-Only.
- Associate: Aside from the Factional Motivation, choose a person every day to motivate. Mason-Only.

Sabotage: Decreases the effectiveness of other players.
- Mortician: Choose a person every night. If that person is assassinated the same night, his role and alignment will not be revealed. Mafia-Only.
- Saboteur: Choose a person every night to roleblock. Mafia-Only.
- Framer: Choose two people every night. If either are investigated by a Detective or Investigator, their role types and alignment will appear switched. Mafia-Only.

Self-Aligned: Has no allies. Must survive and eliminate all other factions. Does not know who other players are. Relies on unique abilities to win.
- Serial Killer: Choose a person at night to assassinate. One-Shot Bulletproof.
- Mass Murderer: Choose a person at night to assassinate him and all other players that target him.
- Arsonist: Choose a person at night to douse. The next night, can choose to either douse more players or burn all doused players. Automatically roleblocks Detective and Investigator reports. One-Shot Bulletproof. One-Shot Conversion-Proof.
- Poisoner: Choose a person at night to poison. The next night, that player will die. Automatically roleblocks Detective and Investigator reports. One-Shot Bulletproof. One-Shot Conversion-Proof.

If you'll notice, there's a lot of roles now, and most of them received changes for the sake of the game's balance. A list:
- Masons can no longer convert other players. They already start off as a sizable group and already have the Town's trust, so giving them the ability to convert other players is serious overkill. Instead, they can now "motivate." When a player has been motivated, they will be capable of performing their night action twice for one night.
- Replacing the Masonic Recruiter is the Informant. Basically, even if they can no longer recruit other players into the Freemasons, they will atleast be able to gather allies from the Town through the Informant. The downside is, of course, if the person the Informant targeted is part of either Cult or Mafia.
- Follow the Cop, which is when everyone in the Town relies entirely on the results of Investigative roles, is usually not good for the game. So Detectives no longer have Bulletproof, and I've opted to add the Interceptors and Diverters. To be honest, these two roles, along with the Informant, aren't actually from TvM or Salem directly--they're from this thing called Epicmafia and I just copy-pasted them here because lolz. Anyways, to balance out, there will also be an Investigator who can, y'know, do investigatory stuff.
- No more Trackers, Watchers and Paranoid players because those things are damn underpowered, boring, and irritating.

So, yeah. That's basically it.

Players List:
- TTT (Alive, Unknown Role/Alignment)
- Manijure (Alive, Unknown Role/Alignment)
- Zonoro (Alive, Unknown Role/Alignment)
- FDK (Alive, Unknown Role/Alignment)
- Warbot (Alive, Unknown Role/Alignment)
- Magnus (Alive, Unknown Role/Alignment)
- Magicmetal (Alive, Unknown Role/Alignment)
- Kingmaker (Alive, Unknown Role/Alignment)
- Ninja (Alive, Unknown Role/Alignment)
- FastAndBlast (Alive, Unknown Role/Alignment)
- AerisDraco (Alive, Unknown Role/Alignment)
- Benny (Alive, Unknown Role/Alignment)

So... basically yeah. Don't forget to send me your lists! I can't start the game until everyone has given me their list. If you're not part of the game but want to join, then please, by all means, go ahead and tell me in this thread so I can add you ^-^ .

G'luck!! ^-^
Last edited by Juice Box on Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
User

Re: TvM: Round 3

by Manijure » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:59 pm

This will be fun... Looking forward to it. :)
Last edited by Manijure on Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by AerisDraco » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:34 pm

@Man(ij)ure: Fixed.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by benni369 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:55 pm

I'd like to join. I'll send my list in a little bit.
Juice Box wrote:I HAVE NO FRIENDS BECAUSE YOU ALL SUCK.

Image Awesome stone golem made by FastAndBlast. (Thank you! :D )
User

by FastAndBlast » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:10 am

Role Ideas:
Survivor
Who can put on Resistance Vest and be protected from all conversion as well as night kills?
Can only use vest 2 times

Blackmailer
Chooses 1 person at night, that person cannot speak for the next day

Btw I actually like Watcher and Tracker :(
What about incorporate them into the same role so that you choose one person and see who they visited and who visited them?
That wouldn't be UP
I am the mighty Pixel Artist
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User

by Ninja » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:19 am

FastAndBlast wrote:Blackmailer
Chooses 1 person at night, that person cannot speak for the next day

That is actually awesome. :hero:
:hero:
User

by FastAndBlast » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:44 am

Ninja wrote:

Blackmailer is actually a role from Town of Salem
User

by Ninja » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:31 am

FastAndBlast wrote:
Ninja wrote:

Blackmailer is actually a role from Town of Salem

Still awesome. ;)
:hero:
User

by Juice Box » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:05 am

Blackmailer disencourages activity and makes it easier for Lurkers. It works in Town of Salem because games there are, like, 5 minutes long max. But here, where games last more than a week, not so much. Sorry .-.

And btw, Tracker-Watcher combo is Journalist. It's up there in Informative :b .
User

by FastAndBlast » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:28 am

Can we start now?
User

by Juice Box » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:41 am

FastAndBlast wrote:Can we start now?

Nope, still need the lists of a few more players.
User

by The Kingmaker » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:42 am

Games in ToS are about 20-25 minutes long - just fyi
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Juice Box » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:16 am

People add Masons to your votes!! Town'll be utterly screwed if they have literally three Anti-Town enemies to look out for ;-; .
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:21 am

also JB why u no add me on steam yet ? (im lonely :()
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by Juice Box » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:24 am

Send me your list first, then send me your Steam name again so I can add you :b .
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:07 am

Didnt i already sent it to you?
User

by Juice Box » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:10 am

Nope.
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:19 am

now?
User

by Juice Box » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:25 am

Gots.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:55 pm

Hey JB, you wrote "Benny" instead of "Benni." ;)

Yet another reason why he is on my side. :mrgreen:
BBB

Next