Battle of the Riordaners... RULES!!!

Anything and everything.

Battle of the Riordaners... RULES!!!

by Manijure » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:53 pm

You guys have waited long enough, and now the rules have been announced for the Battle of the Riordaners... partially. I'll periodically add additional information from time to time. Read carefully and thoroughly, and keep checking the thread daily so we're all on the same page. :)

Here's how the rules works. There are two teams obviously: the BBB squad and the JB squad. Each member of a team starts off with zero points, and can gain points for his or her team. The team with the most points in the end wins.

Now, remember the character(s) each of you has picked? I originally decided that you are allowed to have more than one character. However, for the sake of the rules, you can only have one. For any who has picked two characters or more, I will randomly pick one of them as your character, and list it at the end of this post. If you would prefer another character choice, PM me, but note, you are not allowed to switch to a character you did not announce before.

As for the importance of the characters you chose... I promised that no character will be above any other character in terms of advantages. Thus, I've decided to use the character names to determine the turn order, by first name. For example, warbot1000 chose Julius Kane, and I chose Kronos. Therefore, warbot1000 has his turn before I do. The turn order is also list below, but is subject to change depending on if anyone wants to switch characters.

There will be a five turn cycles, meaning that everyone will each get five turns.

I haven't decided on what each person needs to do in order to get points, but I've already configured a points system. Being that BBB and I are hopelessly outnumbered, I think it's only fair to allot a certain number of points depending on how many players are on each team, proportionally. At the moment, there's currently two players in BBB's squad, and six in JB's. In this case, anyone in BBB's side who gets a question right gets awarded 6 points while anyone in JB's side would get 2 points. If you think about it, it's win-lose for each side. Each question BBB or I gets right gives us a large amount of points, but each question either of us gets wrong denies us the same number of points. On the other hand, each question someone in JB's squad gets right gives him or her fewer points, but each question they get wrong denies them fewer points. Seems pretty fair.

Starting in the second turn cycle onwards, instead of answering a question, a player can challenge a player on the enemy team via a bet. The player who initiates the challenge determines how many points each bets, although the maximum amount of points cannot exceed any of the two players' current points. Whoever wins claims all of the points in the bet. More details will follow regarding how a challenge works.

I originally planned on having the event start next Monday, but since the next TvM is about to commence, I'll wait until that is finished before FastAndBlast (the moderator) and I initiate the event. Besides, it'll give me more time to finish up the rules and edit any if necessary.

Team BBB
Big Bad Bug: Grover Underwood
Manijure: Kronos

Team JB
Juice Box: Percy Jackson
magicmetal03: Jason Grace
AerisDraco: Fenris Wolf
The Kingmaker: Nico di Angelo
warbot1000: Julius Kane
RZRider: Poseidon

FastAndBlast

Turn Order
AerisDraco
Big Bad Bug
magicmetal03
warbot1000
Manijure
The Kingmaker
Juice Box
RZRider
Last edited by Manijure on Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

Re: Battle of the Riordaners... RULES!!!

by Juice Box » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:59 pm

WHERE IS JASON!?!

WHERE IS THE JASON GRACE!?!?!?!
User

by Manijure » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:05 pm

Juice Box wrote:WHERE IS JASON!?!

WHERE IS THE JASON GRACE!?!?!?!

Didn't see that magicmetal picked Jason. Fixed!
User

by AerisDraco » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:19 pm

Yarrrrrrrrr
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by FastAndBlast » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:33 am

What about bonus questions which are very tricky and allow both sides to answer at the same time: the first time a side gets it right they are awarded double or triple the amount they normally get from a question
I am the mighty Pixel Artist
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User

by magicmetal03 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:34 am

So... Start?
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Manijure » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:47 am

magicmetal03 wrote:So... Start?

Manijure wrote:I originally planned on having the event start next Monday, but since the next TvM is about to commence, I'll wait until that is finished before FastAndBlast (the moderator) and I initiate the event. Besides, it'll give me more time to finish up the rules and edit any if necessary.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:34 pm

We have quite a lot of people with massive pictures in their signatures. RZRider, Juice Box, and Manijure so far.
BBB

by warbot1000 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:09 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:We have quite a lot of people with massive pictures in their signatures. RZRider, Juice Box, and Manijure so far.

JB's pic isn't that big... Manijures is massive but I love the design, off topic but where did you find it?

my ideas
http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/vie ... =15&t=4760
I am master of the elements, student of goku and digimon king
My friends an I fight for good beware of warbot the humanrobot!!

If its not JB its not right!
User

by Manijure » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:14 pm

warbot1000 wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:We have quite a lot of people with massive pictures in their signatures. RZRider, Juice Box, and Manijure so far.

JB's pic isn't that big... Manijures is massive but I love the design, off topic but where did you find it?

Someone posted that as a comment in a post in a Pokemon GO Facebook page. And yeah, it's really amazing, just like how Team Instinct is.
User

by Zonoro13 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:33 pm

Manijure wrote:
warbot1000 wrote:

Someone posted that as a comment in a post in a Pokemon GO Facebook page. And yeah, it's really amazing, just like how Team Instinct is.

can you make it smaller?
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by Manijure » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:50 pm

I'll resize it later.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:28 pm

warbot1000 wrote:

It's not the same size, but it's still big. Now that Manijure has resized it, JB and RZR are the only 2 with oversized signatures.
BBB

by Ninja » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:09 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:
warbot1000 wrote:

It's not the same size, but it's still big. Now that Manijure has resized it, JB and RZR are the only 2 with oversized signatures.

RZ removed the pic from his sig several days ago. ;)
:hero:
User

by warbot1000 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:37 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:
warbot1000 wrote:
A mod derailed the topic... Got no one to complain to now... I expected better... Seriously you could have made a thread... #JB for mod

A mod derailed the topic... Got no one to complain to now... I expected better... Seriously you could have made a thread... #JB for mod

whelp rzrider has removed his and since manijure's signature as a whole is the same size as JBs and you don't consider her signature to be oversized anymore
that means there are no more problems :)

my ideas
http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/vie ... =15&t=4760
I am master of the elements, student of goku and digimon king
My friends an I fight for good beware of warbot the humanrobot!!

If its not JB its not right!
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:11 pm

warbot1000 wrote:A mod derailed the topic... Got no one to complain to now... I expected better... Seriously you could have made a thread... #JB for mod

whelp rzrider has removed his and since manijure's signature as a whole is the same size as JBs and you don't consider her signature to be oversized anymore that means there are no more problems :)

What the heck? First, who's really the one who's going off topic:

warbot1000 wrote:JB's pic isn't that big... Manijures is massive but I love the design, off topic but where did you find it?

Second, Ninja already told me that RZRider removed his signature. So, that was both off-topic and pointless anyways. ;)

Third, why do you have to put so many hidden messages in your posts? This is an example of the lack of consideration for others' that followers of the evil JB possess. :P
BBB

by Manijure » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:15 pm

Ok then... now that issue's all said and done, let's go on-topic again.

I'm still working on finishing up the rules (I mean, I'm procrastinating a little because I'm getting into TvM :P ). I'll post again in this thread every time I make an update.
User

by Juice Box » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:24 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:This is an example of the lack of consideration for others' that followers of the evil JB possess.

It is power that they freely enjoy as my loyal followers, fool mortal. It is far better to be evil and powerful than evil and weak (and ugly and bad and big).
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:32 pm

Manijure wrote:Ok then... now that issue's all said and done, let's go on-topic again.

I'm still working on finishing up the rules (I mean, I'm procrastinating a little because I'm getting into TvM :P ). I'll post again in this thread every time I make an update.

Every time you make an update? How many updates are needed?
BBB

by Manijure » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:38 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:
Manijure wrote:Ok then... now that issue's all said and done, let's go on-topic again.

Every time you make an update? How many updates are needed?

I dunno. Hopefully one, but I sometimes update incrementally. Just so I don't look like I'm being lazy. :P
User

Next