Current State of the World

Anything and everything.

Re: Current State of the World

by shadownight » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:05 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:
The_TaTs wrote:I just try to be a good friend, a good neighbor, a good coworker, a good partner, a good son. I try not to give in to hate, despair or misinformation but instead, I try to learn about those that are different, I keep my sense of wonder very much alive, I watch the news but constantly remind myself that the truth is a complex polifacetic thing.
It's not about just staying positive, and hoping for the better. It's about taking positive actions for those around you, and being a better version of yourself as much as you can.

What would you do if faced with an issue that you know could be impacted by your actions if you put effort into it?

Just Do It!
i will say

User

by Manijure » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:08 am

When I was making this thread, I was pouring words from what I was thinking at the very moment, which was full of bewildered shock and disappointment of what was happening. I mentioned what humanity has been doing wrong and what they should do, but I failed to say what humanity has already been doing well, which is individuals making a change for others they care about. Your words filled the gaps of what I really wanted to say, TaTs, and they have also filled my heart with warmth. If more people are as kind, understanding, and thoughtful as you, the world would be a much merrier place. :)
Last edited by Manijure on Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:11 am

Manijure wrote:When I was making this thread, I was pouring words from what I was thinking at the very moment, which was full of bewildered shock and disappointment of what was happening. I mentioned what humanity has been doing wrong and what thy should do, but I failed to say what humanity has already been doing well, which is individuals making a change for others they care about. Your words filled the gaps of what I really wanted to say, TaTs, and they have also filled my heart with warmth. If more people are as kind, understanding, and thoughtful as you, the world would be a much merrier place. :)

#Tatsforsupremeoverlordoftheuniverse
BBB

by The_TaTs » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:15 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:
The_TaTs wrote:I just try to be a good friend, a good neighbor, a good coworker, a good partner, a good son. I try not to give in to hate, despair or misinformation but instead, I try to learn about those that are different, I keep my sense of wonder very much alive, I watch the news but constantly remind myself that the truth is a complex polifacetic thing.
It's not about just staying positive, and hoping for the better. It's about taking positive actions for those around you, and being a better version of yourself as much as you can.

What would you do if faced with an issue that you know could be impacted by your actions if you put effort into it?

Well... this happens a lot as you start to become an adult. Consecuences become very real. You start to see problems that you didn't even notice before, or, you start to have a much more accurate assesment on how serious some issues are (and I'm only talking about that happens directly around you, not international geopolitics).

And, the more self-aware you are, and more informed about things in general, the harder it gets to be absolutely sure on what can be done to really help on certain situations. It's not even about effort, maybe inaction is the right action.

In my case, it would depend... I don't have infite energy. I can't muster endless effort to do things. 10 hours of my day are used working. 6-7 hours are used to sleep (if I'm lucky)... that leaves me with less than a third of my day to put effort into personal stuff... so, I pick my battles. If my lack of effort is hurting someone that depends on me.. someone that I have a commitment with... then yeah, I put more effort. Or, if my lack of effort is making me stagnant in life, then I also put more effort.

I'm not sure if my answer makes much sense. It was a rather open question there.
User

Previous