Songs like these two

Anything and everything.

Songs like these two

by Juice Box » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:27 am

So yeah, does anyone know any songs similar to these two? What I'm really looking for is the specific sound they make here:

1:18 of this song.

0:04 of this song.

That sweet, super-sexy curve sound they make is absolutely amazing uuuuuugh. I've actually known about these two songs for a long time now, and I loved them so much that, at one point, I made an entire playlist with just the two of them. I've never actually found any other songs like these, though, sadly ;-; .

So, yeah. What's that sound called? And do y'all know any songs similar to it?
User

Re: Songs like these two

by The Kingmaker » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:40 am

0:58 of Can't stop the feeling has that same thing but in vocals, not in guitar. (I know its overplayed but you asked)

0:45 of Time by Jungle has a similar sound.

In some instruments it would be called a gliss(ando) (Trombone mainly), in vocals it would be a portamente, and in guitar and just generality a slide.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Juice Box » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:48 am

The Kingmaker wrote:0:58 of Can't stop the feeling has that same thing but in vocals, not in guitar. (I know its overplayed but you asked)

0:45 of Time by Jungle has a similar sound.

In some instruments it would be called a gliss(ando) (Trombone mainly), in vocals it would be a portamente, and in guitar and just generality a slide.

Haha, I love Can't Stop the Feeling!! Don't really care if it's overplayed, the good vibes are sooooo real :b .

Though, I suppose I was looking for songs that are, you know, of the same genre as the two songs? Chill music but with that slide move with a guitar. I don't know why but I want more songs like them so bad T.T
User

by The Kingmaker » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:36 am

Ah sorry.

Time is pretty chill IMO

Also this is separate, but does anyone know any songs that have really good splitting from headphone to headphone. Not quite Space Oddity level, where you have only harmony in one ear and only melody in the other, more songs that swap from side to side and move around.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Magnus0 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:51 am

Next to me
This song is the only song that really jumps to mind. The very beginning and 1:25 have that curve sound, sort of. It's not really the same genre as those other two songs though.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by dimumurray » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:09 pm

You should check out some of Coldplay's earlier albums, you can find that sound you're looking for on many of their earlier tracks.

Here's a few selections from Coldplay and other artists you may want to checkout.

X & Y - Coldplay
Let it Go - James Bay
The River - The Darcy's
Trouble - Cold Play
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:02 am

KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by FancyGhost » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:37 am

Juice Box wrote:So yeah, does anyone know any songs similar to these two? What I'm really looking for is the specific sound they make here:

1:18 of this song.

0:04 of this song.

That sweet, super-sexy curve sound they make is absolutely amazing uuuuuugh. I've actually known about these two songs for a long time now, and I loved them so much that, at one point, I made an entire playlist with just the two of them. I've never actually found any other songs like these, though, sadly ;-; .

So, yeah. What's that sound called? And do y'all know any songs similar to it?

So you need a song that has a similar melody and has no words?
Stay fanzy...
User