The death of the last safehaven

Anything and everything.

The death of the last safehaven

by RZRider » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:01 am

So, most of you realize by now that most people have given up the forums, including me, and went to discord. This forum is a dying breed, and we need to do everything we can to make it more active, including me going on and on about my stupid campaign ideas, as well as other stuff.I hope we can revive this once amazing place, and return it to it's forum-er glory. :)
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

Re: The death of the last safehaven

by magicmetal03 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:01 pm

RZRider wrote:So, most of you realize by now that most people have given up the forums, including me, and went to discord. This forum is a dying breed, and we need to do everything we can to make it more active, including me going on and on about my stupid campaign ideas, as well as other stuff.I hope we can revive this once amazing place, and return it to it's forum-er glory. :)

What is your first plan?
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Magnus0 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:14 pm

What about we start a third round of tvm? That seemed to increase forum activity last time.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by RZRider » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:31 pm

Idk
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by Manijure » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:17 pm

Magnus0 wrote:What about we start a third round of tvm? That seemed to increase forum activity last time.

We had a good round of TvM while everyone was using Discord, except a certain someone was getting lazy in updating the days...

I''m down to being more active in the forums for another TvM round, so long as whoever's managing it is more consistent in the updates.
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by RZRider » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:27 pm

Manijure, in your sig, it should be either" unless I'm on discord" or " except when I'm on discord"
User

by NastyBird339 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:10 pm

Manijure wrote:
Magnus0 wrote:What about we start a third round of tvm? That seemed to increase forum activity last time.

We had a good round of TvM while everyone was using Discord, except a certain someone was getting lazy in updating the days...

I''m down to being more active in the forums for another TvM round, so long as whoever's managing it is more consistent in the updates.

If some can explain what a TvM is to me, I'd be happy to host/manage one since I have almost nothing to do every single day since I never have homework for school.
User

by RZRider » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:12 pm

Cool man
User

by PitNata » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:34 am

Dunno, i would like to make a mods kinda for Iron Marines, using Starcraft: Brood War. Could be really funny.
I'm modding Kingdom Rush. :geek:
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:38 pm

Stop going to discord? The more of you that stop, the less those who are there will enjoy it.
Yes it's me

by Zonoro13 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:47 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:Stop going to discord? The more of you that stop, the less those who are there will enjoy it.

the more people are on there, the better it is. give in razor
https://discord.gg/r9ZYywk
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User

by magicmetal03 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:42 pm

I could host a TvM, only if there is enough players
Last edited by magicmetal03 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by magicmetal03 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:45 pm

NastyBird339 wrote:
Manijure wrote:

If some can explain what a TvM is to me, I'd be happy to host/manage one since I have almost nothing to do every single day since I never have homework for school.

Here's a link to the previous TvM.

https://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26157
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:09 am

Zonoro13 wrote:
RaZoR LeAf wrote:Stop going to discord? The more of you that stop, the less those who are there will enjoy it.

Forums and chat rooms do not offer the same thing. On a forum I can go from posting a fanfic, to discussing politics, to ranting about new Pokemon in a matter of minutes. In a chat room I am stuck with the topic of discussion at that time. I've grown up on chat rooms and forums, and I've been able to maintain both at an equal level.

How do I show off a new campaign on discord? Can I put a 10,000 word fanfic chapter on there to be read? No, because that's what the forums are for, hence why I'll be staying right here.
Yes it's me

by The Propellord » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:44 pm

The reason that this forum is dying is because Ironhide has released no new content in over a year. This forum will become more active when iron marines makes it's debut. Also it could be linked to the poor management of hype and delays for iron marines. People aren't intrested anymore.
*Insert evil laugh here; followed by violent coughing; and then more laughing*
User

by NastyBird339 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:59 pm

Retract the offer to host a TvM(My brain would it be able to handle any of that whatsoever.)
User

by Manijure » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:57 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Zonoro13 wrote:

Forums and chat rooms do not offer the same thing. On a forum I can go from posting a fanfic, to discussing politics, to ranting about new Pokemon in a matter of minutes. In a chat room I am stuck with the topic of discussion at that time. I've grown up on chat rooms and forums, and I've been able to maintain both at an equal level.

How do I show off a new campaign on discord? Can I put a 10,000 word fanfic chapter on there to be read? No, because that's what the forums are for, hence why I'll be staying right here.

Why not both? I use Discord most of the time, but I still check the forums almost daily. The reason why I haven't posted that much recently because I burned everything I have to say here at the moment. But I still read posts, MCs included.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:12 pm

Manijure wrote:Why not both? I use Discord most of the time, but I still check the forums almost daily. The reason why I haven't posted that much recently because I burned everything I have to say here at the moment. But I still read posts, MCs included.

Because I don't need another thing to distract me from getting stuff done.
Yes it's me

by FastAndBlast » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:03 am

I missed a bus while reading this's post

IMO people should come back to the forum, the forum there from the very beginning as it is the sacred place
I am the mighty Pixel Artist
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User

by Manijure » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:17 pm

So in the circles of Discord, Magicmetal mentioned that he will most likely host the next TvM if there is one. That should guarantee more forum activity, especially from me.
User

Next