My book cover

Anything and everything.

My book cover

by RZRider » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:21 pm

Any critiques? Any ideas how to make it better. Is the cover fine just the way it is?
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

Re: My book cover

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:12 pm

The image is too big, it's cutting off on the edges. It's also too plain, the entire page needs more to peak the interest of the reader. A black page with a simple icon on isn't much of a draw. The font is far to plain (is it Ariel?) and the additional icon in place of the letter just looks out of place. The text placement should be closer together and more central. It's the title of the book that people will look for, do it should be more prominent, with the image to back it up.

I'd suggest an image of something like a nuclear winter, destroyed city, etc. as the background image with the icon imposed over it with a glow that softens the icon a bit. Change up the font, there are loads of free ones on dafont.com and put the words on top of each other rather than beside.
Yes it's me

Re: My book cover

by RZRider » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:08 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:The image is too big, it's cutting off on the edges. It's also too plain, the entire page needs more to peak the interest of the reader. A black page with a simple icon on isn't much of a draw. The font is far to plain (is it Ariel?) and the additional icon in place of the letter just looks out of place. The text placement should be closer together and more central. It's the title of the book that people will look for, do it should be more prominent, with the image to back it up.

I'd suggest an image of something like a nuclear winter, destroyed city, etc. as the background image with the icon imposed over it with a glow that softens the icon a bit. Change up the font, there are loads of free ones on dafont.com and put the words on top of each other rather than beside.

Okay, thanks.
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!