Rejection

Anything and everything.

Rejection

by RZRider » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:28 pm

So, recently I asked my crush out. She has been my crush for 2 years, and best friend for 3. I really liked her, but she rejected me. I am having trouble moving on. I am going to ask for help, but first let me tell you our story.

We first met in 4th grade...and we instantly hated eachother. I once threw a carrot at her. We HATED eachother. The next year, we were in the same class again. And we still hated eachother...but then our science teacher put us together in a project. We started to make conversation, and we INSTANTLY became best friends. And by then I had got a crush on her. We have been through a lot together, and we really like eachother...I just liked her in a different way. So, yesterday, I decided I had enough, and started to text her. My exact words were"Hey Kaylin. I have to tell you something.It is really important I get this out. I like you. A LOT. I don't know if it is love or what, but when I am with you I smile for no reason. When I am with you, I have purpose. I have never felt like that before. So I want to ask you this...Will you go out with me?" She politely said". I'm sorry, this is really sweet, but I just want to be friends.

When I go back to school I am positive I will be bullied. I HAVE to move on. What do I do? Also, was the text any good?
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

Re: Rejection

by Ruby_Hex » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:29 am

Here is my advice... (I haven't really been in a scenario quite like this, so keep that in mind...)
If you're worried about people bullying you, I would suggest laughing them off. Typically, people want to get a reaction and if you just act like it's no big deal and and sometimes even laugh at yourself they'll probably stop 'cause they wouldn't be getting anything out of it. Also, I have confidence that you wouldn't be bullied, but I don't know much about the situation so I can't say this for certain. Lastly, (in my opinion) I would ask the person up-front if they wanted to date rather than send them a text. That way you're actually in the same room as the person and can SEE them which I would think could help significantly. If what you want to do is ask someone out, I would think that you should do so in person. That way it would be less awkward when you meet with the person again. I'm staring to feel like and advice column now...Anyhoo, good luck!
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane