Favorite TV Shows

Anything and everything.

Favorite TV Shows

by Manijure » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:52 am

10. Total Drama Island
9. The Fosters
8. The Legend of Korra
7. Avatar: The Last Airbender
6. Regular Show
5. Desperate Housewives
4. Once Upon a Time
3. Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
2. FRIENDS
1. Marvel's Daredevil

I have no shame in #5. Despite all the feminine gossip and stuff in that show, there was a lot of drama and mystery, two things I really love in a TV show. It was very addicting to me back in the day. :P

So what are your favorite tv shows of all time?
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 907
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:27 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: Favorite TV Shows

by Zonoro13 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:30 am

Hmm. Avatar: TLA is easily in my top three, and Korra was good too. I used to love watching Regular Show and Adventure Time. I've seen some good animes, like AoT and SAO. Currently I'm in love with Criminal Minds.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 5172
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 pm
Location: memes

Re: Favorite TV Shows

by Oof_Shunt » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:37 am

10. Flip or Flop (HGTV)
9. Spongebob Squarepants (yea)
8. Breaking Bad (yea)
7. Treehouse Masters (Animal Planet)
6. Drake & Josh (yea)
5. Jeopardy! (yea)
4. Pushing Daisies (ABC)(Lee Pace, Kristin Chenoweth)(whimsical Seussian stuff)
3. Playing House (USA)
2. Blue Planet/Frozen Planet/Planet Earth (yea)
1. Chrisley Knows Best (USA)

But I'll watch anything.
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:58 am

Re: Favorite TV Shows

by blu3 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:10 am

i dont have an order so ill just post 10 that i like the most

- The walking dead
- Breaking bad
- Rick and morty
- Gravity falls
- Spongebob squarepants
- Mad men
- Game of thrones
- Hannibal
- Orange is the new black
- Marvel's daredevil
breadsticks
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:58 pm
Location: Across the street from that place, you know, that place, the one with the sign?

Re: Favorite TV Shows

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:22 am

It's hard to put into perspective now, because a lot of the shows that I really like aren't close to being finished. Some others are long gone but hold up to this day as outstanding. Here's a fickle top 5 list real quick:

5. Rick and Morty
4. Samurai Jack
3. Invader Zim
2. Avatar the Last Airbender
1. The Ricky Gervais Show - Look at the episode Future for the gist of the show. It takes a bit of time warming up, but if you have half an hour to spare, watch the whole thing through. It's the funniest show I've ever seen and the fact that it's all unplanned makes it so much better. I have to describe this one because nobody seems to know about it.
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7816
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: Favorite TV Shows

by Fenrir » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:01 am

5 game of thrones
4 walking dead
3 true blood
2 modern family
1 community
WAZZZZZUP!!!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:59 am
Location: behind you...

Re: Favorite TV Shows

by SairiRM » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:17 am

Game of Thrones
Daredevil
Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead
Community
Grey's Anatomy
Dr. House
Big Bang Theory
True Detective
Gravity Falls
“Some people tell me that we professional players are soccer slaves. Well, if this is slavery, give me a life sentence.”
Sir Bobby Charlton
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1803
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:35 pm
Location: Albania

Re: Favorite TV Shows

by Finwer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:28 am

True Detective (watched just the first 2 episodes of the season 2, but the first one is a masterpiece)
Sherlock (the first Tv show that I ever watched from start to finish)
Daredevil (looks like it' a common favorite here on the forums, maybe cause it's so awesome made)
I think these are all the TV shows I finished by now. Tv shows are like books, each time you finish one you find other 5 cool ones.
I plan seeing Elementary, Breaking Bad , Rick and Morty and lots more.
Oh I watched Adventure Time, Gravity Falls and Steven Universe, but they are more cartoons than TV shows.
Also anyone heard about Mr. Pickles?
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
Image
Image
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:34 am
Location: Silveroak Forest

Re: Favorite TV Shows

by Juice Box » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:49 am

just sitting here

in this corner

not knowing anything tv related

pls dont purge me ;-;
Image
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2119
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:54 am
Location: A magical place where you never get harmed. A magical place, with magical charms.

Re: Favorite TV Shows

by Magnus0 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:16 pm

Juice Box wrote:just sitting here

in this corner

not knowing anything tv related

pls dont purge me ;-;


I don't watch much tv either. Avatar, the last airbender is probably the only tv show I fully watch and actually liked.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 986
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:18 pm
Location: rage valley, where I slay endless waves of orcs

Re: Favorite TV Shows

by Zonoro13 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:24 pm

Oh, I forgot Sherlock in my list! That's easily one of my favorite shows of all time.
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 5172
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 pm
Location: memes

Re: Favorite TV Shows

by Finwer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:51 pm

Zonoro13 wrote:Oh, I forgot Sherlock in my list! That's easily one of my favorite shows of all time.

Also exited for the christmas special episode? :yey:
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
Image
Image
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:34 am
Location: Silveroak Forest

Re: Favorite TV Shows

by Zonoro13 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:55 pm

Finwer wrote:
Zonoro13 wrote:Oh, I forgot Sherlock in my list! That's easily one of my favorite shows of all time.

Also exited for the christmas special episode? :yey:

ye
In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Terry Pratchett

Is this the latest dank meme? -Pencil
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 5172
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:43 pm
Location: memes

Re: Favorite TV Shows

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:59 pm

Finwer wrote:True Detective (watched just the first 2 episodes of the season 2, but the first one is a masterpiece)
Sherlock (the first Tv show that I ever watched from start to finish)
Daredevil (looks like it' a common favorite here on the forums, maybe cause it's so awesome made)
I think these are all the TV shows I finished by now. Tv shows are like books, each time you finish one you find other 5 cool ones.
I plan seeing Elementary, Breaking Bad , Rick and Morty and lots more.
Oh I watched Adventure Time, Gravity Falls and Steven Universe, but they are more cartoons than TV shows.
Also anyone heard about Mr. Pickles?


I've never heard of True Detective.

My teacher made the class watch Sherlock because he ran out of lesson plans 2 weeks before the final exams. It was alright, but somehow I wasn't that intrigued by it.

Daredevil seems like a must-see at this point. It has the backing of most of the respected forum members. :hero:

Rick and Morty will pleasantly surprise you. Thankfully, it isn't just a typical "South Park done right" show (you know how every adult show is trying to copy South Park because it was a hit?) and is instead its own, great thing. I don't watch the first 2 shows.

I like Gravity Falls the best out of those cartoons, but most people seem to prefer Steven Universe. Unfortunately, because I didn't watch it initially due to the terrible advertisements, I can't follow the story unless I find the first episode or buy it. Perhaps SU is better than GF. I do know for sure though that Adventure Time isn't really my thing, as massive as its fan base is.

Oh, yes I have heard of Mr. Pickles. There's worse out there, but there are a lot of show that are better than Mr. Pickles than there are worse shows. *Shivers*
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7816
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: Favorite TV Shows

by Simmonds91 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:12 pm

no particular order, ive no "favourite":

1. How i met your mother
2. Big bang theory
3. American dad
4. Family guy
5. South park
6. Vicar of dibley (dont watch it much these days to be honest, or tv in general, but if i happen to be watching tv and its on i'll watch it :) )
7. Archer (only own series 1-3 though) ... Actually no, there is an order, archer is totes my favourite right now :lol:

There are a ton of british shows id list here (having a mostly american list feels so wrong) but i dont watch them anymore whereas i watch what ive listed whenever i watch tv, which isnt often and when i do i watch movies instead (sky movies package y'see) but still...
Last edited by Simmonds91 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:46 pm
Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

Re: Favorite TV Shows

by Kowaghuz » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:14 pm

G-guys, I...

I don't watch modern TV.

:cry:
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1037
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:52 pm
Location: The Icewind Peak mountain range

Re: Favorite TV Shows

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:20 pm

Kowaghuz wrote:G-guys, I...

I don't watch modern TV.

:cry:


If it's that upsetting, try the link I provided earlier.

I'm not a spam bot, but I'll become one if it means spreading the word of the Ricky Gervais Show.
BBB
User avatar
Moderator
 
Posts: 7816
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 pm
Location: Your worst nightmares

Re: Favorite TV Shows

by Finwer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:36 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:
I've never heard of True Detective.

My teacher made the class watch Sherlock because he ran out of lesson plans 2 weeks before the final exams. It was alright, but somehow I wasn't that intrigued by it.

Daredevil seems like a must-see at this point. It has the backing of most of the respected forum members. :hero:

Rick and Morty will pleasantly surprise you. Thankfully, it isn't just a typical "South Park done right" show (you know how every adult show is trying to copy South Park because it was a hit?) and is instead its own, great thing. I don't watch the first 2 shows.

I like Gravity Falls the best out of those cartoons, but most people seem to prefer Steven Universe. Unfortunately, because I didn't watch it initially due to the terrible advertisements, I can't follow the story unless I find the first episode or buy it. Perhaps SU is better than GF. I do know for sure though that Adventure Time isn't really my thing, as massive as its fan base is.

Oh, yes I have heard of Mr. Pickles. There's worse out there, but there are a lot of show that are better than Mr. Pickles than there are worse shows. *Shivers*

I think you'll like True Detective. It's really dark and morbid and well done.

Sherlock it one of the few tv shows with cops/detectives that isn't that full of dead bodies and others. I think so many liked it so much because of Sherlock's character: a sociopath with curly hair and badass coat, which traded social skills for the detective ones.He also makes a good contrast with his partner: Dr. Watson, an ex war doctor which is far more normal than Sherlock.

Daredevil it's really awesome. As I stated in another topic I don't like most of the popular Marvel movies because they aren't serious enough, but Daredevil trows all that out on the window and gives you a hero that can't beat an army of enemies in a blink of an eye. The show has extremely well done background story and will I guarantee you it will make you go "What???" at least a couple of times. ;)

Steven Universe it's slightly better than Gravity Falls. It has: magic and medieval vibes, cool music and artwork and funny moments, but it knows when it needs to be serious as well.

I think I need to watch Rick and Morty to compensate for the fact I never watched The Simpsons and Futurama. I saw a couple of episodes from both Family Guy and South Park, but not enough of them.
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
Image
Image
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:34 am
Location: Silveroak Forest

Re: Favorite TV Shows

by Simmonds91 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:58 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:
Kowaghuz wrote:G-guys, I...

I don't watch modern TV.

:cry:


If it's that upsetting, try the link I provided earlier.

I'm not a spam bot, but I'll become one if it means spreading the word of the Ricky Gervais Show.


I like ricky gervais.
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:46 pm
Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

Re: Favorite TV Shows

by Oof_Shunt » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:02 pm

Ricky Gervais has this show Extras which is pretty good, they're all on youtube
User avatar
User
 
Posts: 347
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:58 am

Next

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests