Kingdoms of Gtadion

Talk about anything game related!

Kingdoms of Gtadion

by Kowaghuz » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:56 am

(I've also had a game idea, long before BBB's RoB and my concept has the bare bones and skin already put in place. There's a lot to explain so I'll go with the origins first. I'm also going to change the name later on because it's crap atm - the world's name is supposed to be Gtadion)
ORIGINS

With the lands in ruin and with all five Great Nations and all but one of the Lesser Nations crushed under the malevolent heel of the demonic infestations from the far south-east, Unellas's glory was coming to an end. The last lesser nation - The Barbarians of Grikriun - thought peace would finally come along; But they were wrong. When the second wave of demonic hordes came along, one by one did their rudimentary settlements fall until only a handful of villages remained. By the end of the year the continent of Unellas was barren of any sentience as the final Grikriunians sailed to settle for new - safer - lands.

If the continent of Unellas was hostile and unwelcoming, the one they reached - Elope - was ruled by Dwarves and Elves locked in an eternal competition for consuming resources or protection of thereof. Both superpowers tried to surpass one another in gaining the favor of the Grikriunians and before they knew it centuries of history refined the Grikriunians from shattered nations competing for power to the entire Empire of Grianreich which finally rivaled the dwarves and elves - and could hold against their armies were it not for the long-standing peace that they eventually brought to Elope.

Now, the rulers of the dilligent dwarves, the royalist elves and the unbroken men start to gather as inhabitants of all nations report chaos in villages, towns and cities alike. For before Unellas was filled with the cultured nations it was famed for - both dwarves and elves put to sleep a force of nature nobody would have expected to awake today.

But still, it does, and it has not even begun it's waking yawn.

Tl;dr - Someone probably already did this story and I'm gonna get sued.

MAP

RACE-NATIONS

Grianreich - Empire of Humans

SYMBOL

The Grianian coat of arms represents The Black Messenger of the Elopian Church's deity, who appeared to the first Grianian Emperor(No name yet) in a dream to convert his yet small nation to the then-irrelevent monotheistic cult. Later on the same messenger scolded the emperor for engaging in bloody wars to convert other Grikriunian to his faith and eventually creating the cornerstone of Grianreich as it is today.

Above The Dark Messenger lays the Imperial Crown, to the left is the Imperial Scepter and to the right is the Eye - Symbol of the Elopian Church.

HISTORY

Nah fam I'm not doing this yet.

GOVERNMENT

The Grianians are ruled first and foremost by The Emperor - he is the one who gives all orders and he is the one who has the veto when it comes to what should be done in war; However, his actions are limited by the Grianian constitution and by the possible unanimous opposition to any of his decisions by his high-ranked subordinates.

Second in power comes the Church-Head(I don't want/don't know how to detail the church right now. Originally I wanted some sort of monotheistic religion being followed by dwarves, humans, elves alike with the option of the player converting to "traditional" religions of each respective race. A lotta more polytheistic religions in the "expansion packs" too.) and the Guildmasters. The Guildmasters are the leaders of the ten most important manufacturing guilds at the time(Usually appointed by either The Emperor. If The Emperor does not want to appoint an important guild in the Guild-council his vote can be cancelled by the unanimity of The Church-Head and all his eight economic advisors.)

The last in a relevant seat of power are the mayors of all the cities with over a hundred thousand in population. These "Grand Mayors" are allowed to vote if they want a legislation passed or appealed, and if the majority vote is in favor of a decision it will be sent higher up to The Emperor, Church-Head(Who has three votes), Guildmasters and possibly the eight economic advisors if the legislation discussed is purely economic. The Grand Mayors are also expected to provide decently-equipped armies in times of war consisting of all men between ages 16 and 45.

CURRENT LEADER
I'm not yet sure about his personality(I haven't thought up much about any of the leaders, actually), just that I want him to be Charlemagne gunpowder edition:

CULTURE

Grianian culture focuses on three important aspects - Respect The Emperor, Love your family and be honest in work and trade. The Grianians themselves are hardy people who work hard to enjoy fairs and festivals at the Ending-Day of each week - being urban people, they pride themselves in their pretty, black-roofed and neat cities. Religion plays a moderate role in the life of every Grianian - going to the temple before engaging in the Ending-Day of each week(Usually supervised by a priest helpless to stop any sinner.)

WOMAN-WARRIORS

Grianian women are expected to care for children and do the chores - so any adventuring woman will have to face a lot of prejudice in this world. However, women are also expected to be treated chivalrously by men and in general they face less harsh circumstances in society.

CUISINE

Grianians undergo a meat-heavy diet, mostly beef, ussualy accompanied by warm bread and their endless varieties of beer(The Beer Brewers' guild is one of the leading top.), and thus Grianian farms usually consist of wheat fields and cow pens. Just like the dwarves, they have plenty of salt deposits which they use on their own meat and export to the elves for fair sums.
(There will be a quest where you help a pretzel-maker get his food popular, most likely.)

TECHNOLOGY

Grianians currently dispose of clockwork, gunpowder and pulleys - which are starting to render magic-building obsolete and many mages turn from construction to exploration under these circumstances.

Kagak-En-Akam - Kingdom of Dwarves

SYMBOL

The Sigil of King Akam is ussualy associated with Kagak-En-Akam - symbolizing the legendary king whose deeds live on through stories in all of Elope. Behind him are crossed an axe and hammer - symbolizing the weapons the sturdy dwarf used to wield.

HISTORY

Nope tbh.

GOVERNMENT

The Dwarves are ruled by four secular leaders - three elected by their diligence and one being the descendant of the legendary king Akam, who sealed the forgotten evil along with the elven Gladequeen(Provided the heir has at least 75% of the former king's "Gross Product", which is calculated in very complex manners and is a pretty word for "Contributions to the Kingdom"); But also by two spiritual leaders - the dwarven archbishop of the Grianian church and The Patriach of the Old Dwarven Faith - both monotheistic religions. The dwarves also have a constitution more rigid than that of the Grianians.

Second in power come nobles, either heirs of other nobles or self-made. Inheritance is provided unless the heir has a Gross Product lower than 60% than that of his most contributory parent. Declared nobles are appointed by the already existing ones if they apply for one or more of the criteria:

1. Has a degree in any science.
2. Is a successful business owner.
3. Acts of bravery in battle or at home.

Finally come business owners, who are expected to give decent conditions and a living wage to the workers they employ. Just like Grianian mayors they can send legislations higher up to have their requests accepted or denied.

CURRENT LEADER
Instead of going with the old and wise dwarf king I was thinking about a clueless young leader who would make the player character help him get his gross product high enough to stay in power.

CULTURE

The Dwarves prize diligence and selflessness. Religiously, the dwarves are split equally between the Old Faith and the Elopian Church(And this is why I'll let players choose their religion once they create their character - unlike humans who are born Elopian and have to convert to other religions), and fashion differs between the two faiths. The middle-class and upper-class dwarves of the Old Faith wear black-brimmed hats along with usually black robes; Meanwhile Elopian dwarves wear Top-hats - legend says an Elopian dwarf got into a fight with an Old Faith dwarf and the Elopian created the top-hat to make fun of the Old-Faither - suits and pants; Canes are not as present.

WOMAN-WARRIORS

Dwarven men and women are seen as equals - although bearded women are seen as shameful and insane - and no dwarf would object at a female member of their race going out to make a name by saving the kingdom. However, dwarves expect their men and women to go through hardships equally - something revolting to a woman-prizing society like the Grianians.

CUISINE

Depending on religion, the diet of the dwarf changes. Those who follow the Old Dwarven Faith are not allowed to eat flying birds - this includes chickens - or fishes, as they were deemed "unclean" by prophets of their religion. Beef, pork and goat-meat have to be prepared in a special way and have to be sprinkled with any amount of salt to scare away any kind of animalism and civilization-shunning the meat might contain - in this age of science most dwarves recognize this as metaphorical. The dwarves under the Elopian Church(Ain't got a name yet) enjoy laxer food restrictions and thus enjoy a more varied array of foods. Drinking is allowed by both faiths but is little more than a secondary hobby to most dwarves.

TECHNOLOGY

The dwarves enjoy a technologically sophisticated life - with steampower revolutionizing their manufacturing day after day from the day it was discovered ten years ago. This has also caused the citizens' gross products to skyrocket and quite a few who should have lost their titles due to sloth are now enjoying a life better than their ancestors.

The Republic of Elvenwood-Elves

SYMBOL

The Elven Coat of Arms was designed by the highest members of the original pro-civilization movement which took over. To the left is an ancient elven symbol, meaning "sacrifice", and to the right is another symbol meaning "virtue".

HISTORY

This is NOT the full thing, but the most recent and important event is that 100 years ago the Gladequeen - The only immortal elf(Normal elves live for about 500 years) - has been assassinated by a group of pro-civilization activists which took power and started brutally reforming elven society.

GOVERNMENT

Despite the fact that the Elvenwood is an openly proclaimed republic, the elected head of the state is called a Lord and has all the privileges of a monarch but for limitations of a constitution laxer than that of the Grianians.

Next in the power pyramid are the elven aristocrats - wrongly named because the only way to become an aristocrat in elven society is to earn it - the children of aristocrats are common citizens, but they do inherit the wealth their aristocrat parent would normally amass. The aristocracy is eligible to vote on who will become the next Lord or Lady of the republic and to veto his/her decisions if the majority deems them inappropriate. The criteria of becoming an aristocrat is similar to the dwarves, with the addition that the citizen must be a city-dwelling elf and that those who contribute greatly to urbanizing the Elvenwood are also eligible for aristocracy.

The last but not least in power are the urban elves themselves - they are able to vote their mind on issues and their majority vote can override the decisions of Lord and aristocrats alike.

While secular, the elven government pushes for the spread of the Elopian church in elven society because it is deemed as a "Republican and civilized religion", in contrast to the original, animistic elven religion which is still strong among the populace.

CURRENT LEADER
He's the guy who assassinated the Gladequeen and was voted by the colleagues of his movement into power.

CULTURE

Once primal creatures existing to protect nature, the elves are now at crossroads facing a divide among their ranks - there are the urban elves who seek to become educated and to enjoy the luxury of city-life rivaled by the wild elves who shun the forced cultural transition that the government is undergoing. Concepts like marriage, citizenship and basic machinery are still newly introduced by their standards.

WOMAN-WARRIORS

Both wild and urban elves see men and women as equals - be it the will of nature or the republic's legislation.

CUISINE

Originally, elves of old and wild elves today ate mostly plants, but urban elves - especially the aristocracy enjoy large feasts involving all kinds of meat - especially turkey and pork.

TECHNOLOGY

The republic has currently implemented crossbows, sewage and rudimentary clockwork in elven society. The current Lord plans to introduce gunpowder, advanced pulleys, proper clockwork and a more proper constitution by the time of his death.

Basically, this will be a sort of minimalistic RPG - Your character will move from area to area and the screen would look like this:

But with more of a 2.5D look. The only finished thing in the picture is the player character - I'm going to give them a simplistic ROTMG look.

You character will also have no stat or level caps so you could get to level 500 and thousands of stat points without problems. You're supposed to do so because the entire point of the game later on will to cause ridiculous amounts of damage to demonic, magical, cosmic and other beings - I always found this type of game charming.

Now, this is huge and I've no idea what to elaborate on first.

I'm going to put a list here and the feature most requested will be written in this thread. Pls don't let it die.

Lore A - More detailed overview of the world and the race-nations' culture. - Currently doing this.
Lore B - More detailed overview of the baddies
Lore C - More detailed overview on the Gods/Religions
Lore D - MDOO magic
Lore E - I've got the map finished already but I might tweak it and the names on it are NOT the names in here. Expect confusion. Also, currently what I wrote here is focused on the northern continent which is pretty small in comparison to the others - If this ever becomes a game(I imagine this as a multiplayer one), I'll release huge content updates which will add new races, religions and magic types.
Materials, weapon and armor levels - I'll post tiers, materials and I'll try to draw each tier for each race (Be warned that each race has 5 distinct tiers of armor so it'll take some time to draw. On the other hand it's pixel art so you won't have to wait a week.)
Mechanics - Spells, HP, stats, levels, etc.

Note: Please correct any wrong grammar/misused words you see. I've mushed my brains into hell this summer.
Last edited by Kowaghuz on Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:58 pm, edited 17 times in total.
User

Re: Kingdoms of Gtadion

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:25 pm

2 game ideas at once, plus Razor's Chronicles? This will get hard to keep track of, quickly. ;)

So far, I can't say if I like it or not. There is so little here so far that to create an opinion of it would be a waste, as this could go anywhere.

I would like to know more about the races and specifically the world. I'm curious about who has the most power, what are some important names for the races, and what are the general viewpoints of the civilisations. :)
BBB

by Kowaghuz » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:30 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:2 game ideas at once, plus Razor's Chronicles? This will get hard to keep track of, quickly. ;)

So far, I can't say if I like it or not. There is so little here so far that to create an opinion of it would be a waste, as this could go anywhere.

I would like to know more about the races and specifically the world. I'm curious about who has the most power, what are some important names for the races, and what are the general viewpoints of the civilisations. :)

I'll get to it - altough I think I can only write the current political situation and systems.
User

by warbot1000 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:21 pm

looks good.
If you want I could help out just call me if you need help :)

my ideas
http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/vie ... =15&t=4760
I am master of the elements, student of goku and digimon king
My friends an I fight for good beware of warbot the humanrobot!!

If its not JB its not right!
User

by Kowaghuz » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:36 am

I finished the races!

R8 plz!
User

by The Kingmaker » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:51 am

Like them all, although a slight expansion on the different religions, how they interact etc would be cool, as would how they all interact with one another, are the humans especially Xenophobic?

Republican French Elves, eh? I'm gonna have to choose, do I hate the french more than I love the elves?
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Kowaghuz » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:55 am

The Kingmaker wrote:Like them all, although a slight expansion on the different religions, how they interact etc would be cool, as would how they all interact with one another, are the humans especially Xenophobic?

Republican French Elves, eh? I'm gonna have to choose, do I hate the french more than I love the elves?

I'm actually afraid I've made a serious description about what was supposed to be a "funny"/"lighthearted"/"Non-serious" game. The world itself is actually supposed to be the average fantasy setting(With twists, obvs.)

If I already had the skills to make the game, I'd probably be able to highlight the "funny" part easier.

Anyways, I'm going to do what you said and do the diplomacy of these races. After that do I detail the history of the world or the mechanics I listed at the end of the first post?
User

by The Kingmaker » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:56 am

Ok yeah, no that's fine.

Are these the only three races, or are their weird things people in the unknown (or just wolves, loads of wolves, and bears)

My treasured creations:
User

by Kowaghuz » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:01 am

The Kingmaker wrote:Ok yeah, no that's fine.

Are these the only three races, or are their weird things people in the unknown (or just wolves, loads of wolves, and bears)

I've planned:

- Lizardmen in the south-americanesque continent in the south
- XPOOKY XCARY UNELLESIAN XKELETONS(No, seriously, this faction will be ****ing epic one we get to it. Seriously - real ****in' cool. It will be the first expansion the game has - but first I've got to detail everything there is to detail atm.)
- Egyptian orcs(I might change their culture)
- Crash-landed aliens
- British hobbits nobody knew about despite their island being so near due to a magical rock barrier.

And there will probably be more. Each "expansion" will include only one race, and at least one religion and magic to boot - and obviously new areas. And dungeons. And story chapters. Patienceplz.
Last edited by Kowaghuz on Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

by The Kingmaker » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:03 am

Kewl.

Egyptian orcs is a great idea. Nothing in Russia or the Far East? (Type places)

XD British Hobbits fits so well

My treasured creations:
User

by Kowaghuz » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:04 am

The Kingmaker wrote:Kewl.

Egyptian orcs is a great idea. Nothing in Russia or the Far East? (Type places)

XD British Hobbits fits so well

I want to make this a one-race one-culture thing, so I'll see what I can work with. I'm not using subdivisions like high, wood, or dark elves either.

[+] SPOILER
Dwarves are supposed to be jewish but this would compromise me if I ever released this game and confessed it.
User

by Kowaghuz » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:51 am

Sry2dubpost, but what next? Kingmaker said I should detail religion - so I'm probably going to do that.

Pls be involved.
User

by The Kingmaker » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:58 am

I wasnt demanding anything, but as you have all this lovely detail, my google searches can only go so far when talking about semi-fictional religions, so at any point in the future.

My treasured creations:
User

by Kowaghuz » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:11 pm

Okay, so I finally decided that I'm in the mood to not let this die.

So, what next: Religions, History or adding Pixelated icons that would represent each race?(The game is supposed to be pixel-y, after all.)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:33 pm

Pics or get out.
BBB

by Kowaghuz » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:42 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Pics or get out.

Posting here to add them individually to each nation.
User

by Ninja » Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:51 pm

Kowaghuz wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:Pics or get out.

Posting here to add them individually to each nation.

Those are cool! :D
:hero:
User

by Kowaghuz » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:37 pm

So, now I want two things settled:

The game will have cutscenes. These will range from at least two per expansion/storyline (Introduction and ending), from one to each plot point finished.

Now, these will be pixellated, but I want to know how pixellated. This could be 8-bit, 16-bit, all the way to something akin to pic related:

Since I will obviously have to get a team for this(I can't nor will probably ever learn to code) - it's only a matter of how cheap we'll have to get. We could technically have multiple screens making a slideshow instead of an animated cutscene but that'd kind of kill the humor I failed to make noticed in this thread.

This picture is how I would have my take on 8-bit:

Smaller pixels for more distant things.

Second thing; The icons are finished now. What do I detail upon?

-History of the race-nations
-Personality and possible portraits of the current leaders
-Religions
User

by The Kingmaker » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:13 pm

Whichever seems easiest, my initial thought was history but that's a real bitch, if you are going to do the important places (where the histories of two or more races converge - perhaps biased by the winners) and then make up bullshit that seems good in context for the rest.

My treasured creations:
User

by Kowaghuz » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:59 pm

Upd8 - altough the map is a tiny bit too big and cuts out eastwards

Sorry for being inactive for so long, altough I can't post as rigorously as I did anymore,
User

Next