Lord of the Rings: Battle For Middle Earth II

Talk about anything game related!

Re: Lord of the Rings: Battle For Middle Earth II

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:30 pm

I contacted the seller and he said that the disc worked on his computer. He offered me the chance to refund it. I should try a couple more times real quick before returning it, though.
BBB

by phillipriv9 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:59 pm

I FOUND MY COPY OF THE GAME :yey: :yey: :yey:
1 there I put something here
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:44 pm

phillipriv9 wrote:I FOUND MY COPY OF THE GAME :yey: :yey: :yey:

Where was it?
BBB

by phillipriv9 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:40 am

In game storage compartment I forgot to check :lol: :lol: :lol:
Found while I was looking for a different game that I lost.
User

by The Kingmaker » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:53 am

Great! Now you just have to post it to BBB! XD

BBB is eBay the auction.site you use? Because I bet at some point well be both betting for the same copy of the game if it is
:lol:
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:12 pm

I have to buy another copy, but I'm going to keep checking on EBay for another copy of both BFME2 and ROTWK. I'll wait until the price gets higher on one item and then let you have it so I can buy another one. :twisted:
BBB

by wailwail » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:33 pm

You should sue them for giving you a false copy and get 1 million $ instead of buying the game again.

Or you could ask for a refund.. but that's boring
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:31 pm

Facing off against Brutal Goblin AI inside a pre-built fortress is about as hard as it gets, so when they're reduced to one remaining tower and I destroy it using only Rohirrim, I have a good day. This is still in the XBox version, if you couldn't tell by the cursor.
BBB

by phillipriv9 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:02 am

That pretty skillful, as goblins are already hard to deal to with on medium,hard, and brutal let alone in a pre built fort.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:28 am

The key is to prepare for the, to constantly assault you by building a few towers to shoot down the enemies, then rushing pikemen, archers, and siege. Using Gondor is especially hard for this, as those 3 troops require separate buildings for each troop. As such, I have to wait on Trebuchets until later. After awhile, I just decided that Rohirrim spam would be more fun, so I built 2 cavalry structures and got all of the upgrades at the blacksmith, making the units even stronger than before. I could also give them fire arrows, which I never used but bought anyways. :P Watchign them charge through Half Trolls and survive is incredible. :shock:
BBB

by phillipriv9 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:11 am

:shock: They charged through Half-trolls and lived!!!!!!!! :shock:
User

by phillipriv9 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:49 pm

I'm mad now cause I can't play against other people. Can you play against other people with the computer version?
Cause Xbox Live the servers can be destroyed. Also is there way you can over 1000 command points.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:14 pm

phillipriv9 wrote:I'm mad now cause I can't play against other people. Can you play against other people with the computer version?
Cause Xbox Live the servers can be destroyed. Also is there way you can over 1000 command points.

On the PC, there should be a website that hosts online connection for you. I don't know anymore about it, but just listen to RuudDevil's latest video with the Demolisher Crew (Laddy) because he talks about it.

I would like to know, just in th subject of BFME 2 as a whole, what everyone's favourite unit is. Heroes, normal troops, summons, etc. are all possibilities. I suppose neutral things like Gollum count, too, but I doubt that Gollum is anyone's favourite unit.

My personal favourite has got to be the Balrog. It's the strongest spell in the game as far as I know, because with proper management, you can cause even more destruction than Earthquake. The fact that you have to move him around and use his abilities on the right things is both extremely fun for the interactivity but also makes sense that you should work a little more to get an even better outcome from him. Although, it really isn't work in the sense that it's boring, since I happen to really like micro. The only real flaw is that his fire breath has a really poor targeting indicator, to the point where he ends up missing everything possible since the actual targeting point is so far away from the selector. I got used to it, though, so I really don't have anything to dislike about the awesome fiery beast that is the Balrog. :twisted:
BBB

by The Kingmaker » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:36 pm

There's a setting where you can change the cap of command points and starting resources, just muck around where you select factions, its in there somewhere. Also 5K to begin changes the game, immediate Elrond/Aragorn is so fun

My treasured creations:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:08 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:There's a setting where you can change the cap of command points and starting resources, just muck around where you select factions, its in there somewhere. Also 5K to begin changes the game, immediate Elrond/Aragorn is so fun

I'm guessing that Elrond and Aragorn are your favourite heroes to start. ;)

If you're playing as Dwarves, Gloin is so OP for rushing that you can win games using only him. It's especially fun to try rushing heroes in the Shire, since you can spawn your fortresses really close to each other. Dain is also superb since he starts with Leadership and levels up pretty quickly, and once the Royal Guard is summoned in an enemy base, you know it's GG. :twisted:
BBB

by The Kingmaker » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:23 pm

Yeah, elrond and Aragon were just what came to mind, early witch king is cool too.

My treasured creations:
User

by phillipriv9 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:26 pm

Wats the setting to change command points
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:53 pm

Must... Resist... Bumping... Thread...

Oh well, too late. :twisted:

Ruuddevil stopped posting vs videos as often as he used to, so I lost a bit of the energy that I had for the game. But, after playing it some more, it not only was an epic experience as always, it also really got me thinking.

First, the fun stuff: Rushing. I generally like to build up large, powerful armies and wipe the map without having to rebuild any units, but rushing is also extremely fun. When it comes to that type of tactic, Isengard is by far the best. 2 Warg pits that spam cavalry is arguably overpowered because of the Howl ability that only those cavalry get.

I played one of the 4-player maps with one team of the 2 heavy factions, Isengard (me) and the Dwarves (Medium A.I.) against the 2 spammiest factions, Gondor (Hard A.I.) and the Goblins (Medium A.I.). Using only Wargs, I demolished both enemy fortresses without my ally's succour. The Dwarves held off the Goblins decently, but they got into a stalemate against each other because they both kept spamming melee troops that took forever to kill each other. I eventually built a forgeworks and rushed Forged Blades, upgrading 11 Warg Riders all at once before sending them right into the enemy base. Watching the cavalry ride as their galloping resonated throughout the map was pretty majestic, then funny when they ran past a small horde of swordsmen, straight between 2 barracks, and surrounded the fortress. I activated Howl, then Aggressive Stance, and ordered them to attack the fortress, which when from 3,000 HP to 0 in less than 3 seconds. The rest was history.

Though less extreme, Gondor is also fun for rushing Rohirrim. The Elves don't have anything to send in early, which is a shame, because they seem to be the only undisputed UP race in the game. Dwarves have Gloin to rush, or Dain in the unpatched version, who is even more OP, but easily countered. Mordor and the Goblins are both able to rush Trolls, and Mordor can also use Battering Rams early, but both are prone to failing when I try it.

I started thinking about the balance of the game, with one thought leading to another, and eventually I came up with this theory that I constantly go back and forth regarding its validity. I hypothesise that if players are given enough variety and options as any faction (or in fighting games, character) in a game, then the sheer variety of the game will balance itself out, as players keep finding new combinations of tactics to use. Of course, there still needs to be some rationality to it all, so that every choice is somewhat similar in balance and not extreme on one end or the other, but in general, if there is enough variety, creative, strategic players will find a way out of any situation. Let me know what you think. :)
BBB

by The Kingmaker » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:06 pm

In the ROTWK expansion where custom heroes are priced based on their abilities, a men of the west hero with three abilities (ride horse, leadership, starlight (AOE buff and heal for troops) in that order costs around 800 resources. Combine him with Rivendell lancers (whose damage isn't bad and are fast, but weak, making them micro heavy) and you have quite a potent combination. (Apparently, I've not got ROTWK.) you can micro the lancers at this stage and the hero provides huge buffs by level 3 (a half heal, 50% damage and armour and 25% exp bonus)

I really want to get ROTWK purely to play Lothlorien in the Edain Mod :(

My treasured creations:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:46 am

If I made a custom hero, one of them would have a summoning power as well as Leadership to enhance his units' performance after I sneak him into the enemy base and summon an army. :twisted: Alternatively, a Mage hero who obliterates any and all units in his way to clear a safe path for siege. I'm now going to try rushing Saruman and battering rams. :veznan:
BBB

PreviousNext