Heroes 2.0

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Re: Heroes 2.0

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:13 am

Zonoro13 wrote:Eldritch Domination is the strongest ability of any in-game or fan hero ever devised, what the fuck were you thinking?

Come on. There are more OP Fanfiction ideas than that.

Even at 100, though, it still seems ridiculously OP. Imagine that as his damage. 100 true damage immediately upon engaging a foe is too much.
BBB

by Ninja » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:25 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Come on. There are more OP Fanfiction ideas than that.

Even at 100, though, it still seems ridiculously OP. Imagine that as his damage. 100 true damage immediately upon engaging a foe is too much.

Keep in mind however that there aren't that many enemies that have only 100 HP, which are the
only enemies he can use this ability. Sure, he can take on hordes of Gnolls, low-tier Satyrs, and
low-HP Harassers, but he could already do that. He just does it better now. ;)
:hero:
User

by Juice Box » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:21 pm

Ninja wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:Come on. There are more OP Fanfiction ideas than that.

Keep in mind however that there aren't that many enemies that have only 100 HP, which are the
only enemies he can use this ability. Sure, he can take on hordes of Gnolls, low-tier Satyrs, and
low-HP Harassers, but he could already do that. He just does it better now. ;)

Err, he never could? His main problem was always that he was great at doing a hit-and-run on most enemies, but was incredibly incapable against even basic crowds.
User

by Ninja » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Juice Box wrote:Err, he never could? His main problem was always that he was great at doing a hit-and-run on most enemies, but was incredibly incapable against even basic crowds.

Forgive me for the error and thank you for pointing it out. I was brainstorming for a hero idea that I had
at the time of that post, and I accidentally mixed it up with Reg'son when I was replying. :oops: Image

Now that that's cleared up: Maybe a nerf so that he can only kill enemies with 60 HP or less at tier 3 of
the skill?
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:48 am

What if it would kill at up to 70 HP if Edlritch Blade was charged and you didn't want to waste the skill on the weaker enemies, so it instantly wiped them out before Reg'son could activate and waste the skill? :)
BBB

by Ninja » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:06 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:What if it would kill at up to 70 HP if Edlritch Blade was charged and you didn't want to waste the skill on the weaker enemies, so it instantly wiped them out before Reg'son could activate and waste the skill? :)

Ooh, good idea. I think I'll do that. :D
User

by Ninja » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:49 pm

EDIT.

I added BBB's suggestion and fixed a small problem that I foresaw about the ability. :)
Last edited by Ninja on Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:44 am

Are you looking for: Foresaw?

This should be better, though still rather powerful. :twisted:
BBB

by Ninja » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:30 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Are you looking for: Foresaw?

I did type that at first and maybe I wasn't seeing straight, but it was highlighted as wrong. :?

Big Bad Bug wrote:This should be better, though still rather powerful. :twisted:

Perfect. :twisted:

EDIT: Guess I wasn't seeing straight, 'cause now it says it's right. :shock:
User

by Ninja » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:15 pm

So BBB, any reviews on Alric 2.0?
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:42 am

Alric's problem was that stat passives killed any semblance of a playstyle for him, and his main gimmick was how ridiculously OP he was, tanking enemies longer than Grawl while dishing out insane damage. You've mostly remedied his passives except for the AOE passive, but he's still OP, and more so now.

Dirty Trick is rather plain, and a complex animation to make. Magically conjuring sand just seems too mystical for him, since he's a melee-only tank. I suppose that it's alright, as there's not much to do with his concept anyways.

Blood Rage was hard to think about in terms of balance. Conceptually, I think that it's cool, but executed poorly. Having to kill 8 enemies can be a gruelling task or an extremely easy one depending on the enemies. Since he gets a flat bonus no matter what he kills to get the power, it's far too easy to move him into a group of clustered enemies, who have been damaged by his Sand Warriors(which I'll get to soon), and use Flurry to take them all out in an AOE, immediately gaining the buff, which is already a really effective bonus. It's OP and frustratingly UP all at once. It needs some sort of balance to keep it from making him unstoppable while also having an impact in all levels.

Sweeping Strikes is also OP. The range is ridiculous, combined with the guarantee of 3 enemies nearby being blocked by Sand Warriors makes it capable of dealing hundreds of damage total per strike to many enemies.

Flurry is good as it is, but it could use a longer cooldown considering the DPS even without Swordsmanship.

The Sand Warriors are extremely powerful. I don't know why you made them even stronger when they were already one of the most life-saving powers in the game. 3 extra blockers that move down the path automatically is OP, but now that they last until death or until they reach exit, the player can have double digits of free troops, killing what little importance barracks in KRF had. The extra slow and damage in an AOE is so excessive as a power for them. They should be left as they are, or maybe nerfed a little, but definitely not made stronger.

Overall, I can't say that I like these changes. The current Alric is arguably just as bad as this version in my opinion.

Man, it's nice to be back in action in Fanfiction. :D
BBB

by Ninja » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:42 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Alric's problem was that stat passives killed any semblance of a playstyle for him, and his main gimmick was how ridiculously OP he was, tanking enemies longer than Grawl while dishing out insane damage. You've mostly remedied his passives except for the AOE passive, but he's still OP, and more so now.

There's nothing wrong with having passives, just not stat passives. I'll try to nerf him some. :)

Big Bad Bug wrote:Dirty Trick is rather plain, and a complex animation to make. Magically conjuring sand just seems too mystical for him, since he's a melee-only tank. I suppose that it's alright, as there's not much to do with his concept anyways.

Actually, the animation it would have is what made the power appealing to me. I thought
it would be funny to see him throwing sand in the enemy's faces. And he doesn't magically
conjure it, he simply picks it up off the ground. ;)

Big Bad Bug wrote:Blood Rage was hard to think about in terms of balance. Conceptually, I think that it's cool, but executed poorly. Having to kill 8 enemies can be a gruelling task or an extremely easy one depending on the enemies. Since he gets a flat bonus no matter what he kills to get the power, it's far too easy to move him into a group of clustered enemies, who have been damaged by his Sand Warriors(which I'll get to soon), and use Flurry to take them all out in an AOE, immediately gaining the buff, which is already a really effective bonus. It's OP and frustratingly UP all at once. It needs some sort of balance to keep it from making him unstoppable while also having an impact in all levels.

I'll make it so that he gets less of a buff for smaller enemies, but a larger one for bigger bads. :)

Big Bad Bug wrote:Sweeping Strikes is also OP. The range is ridiculous, combined with the guarantee of 3 enemies nearby being blocked by Sand Warriors makes it capable of dealing hundreds of damage total per strike to many enemies.

I'll nerf it. :)

Big Bad Bug wrote:Flurry is good as it is, but it could use a longer cooldown considering the DPS even without Swordsmanship.

I'll increase the CD a little. :)

Big Bad Bug wrote:The Sand Warriors are extremely powerful. I don't know why you made them even stronger when they were already one of the most life-saving powers in the game. 3 extra blockers that move down the path automatically is OP, but now that they last until death or until they reach exit, the player can have double digits of free troops, killing what little importance barracks in KRF had. The extra slow and damage in an AOE is so excessive as a power for them. They should be left as they are, or maybe nerfed a little, but definitely not made stronger.

Hm...
I like that passive though, it sounds cool. Maybe I'll nerf their stats in exchange for the giv-
ing them the passive.
User

by Ninja » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:06 am

EDIT.

Alric has been re-balanced according to BBB's analyses. :)
User

by Ninja » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:48 am

OP updated with Ashbite and Xin 2.0. :hero:
User

Previous