Pocket Mortys

Talk about anything game related!

Pocket Mortys

by Manijure » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:26 pm

Anyone playing Pocket Mortys (for mobile)?
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

Re: Pocket Mortys

by AerisDraco » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:32 pm

Yup.
Still not far in it though.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by The Kingmaker » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:45 pm

I've seen many people play it and enjoy it, and I would play the living shit out of a real mobile Pokemon game, so I may get this as it's the closest I'll ever get (besides Pokemon go which looks like it will convince kids to run across streets and get run over in chase of Mewtwo or something
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by AerisDraco » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:26 pm

Yup, Nintendo's missing a market.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Manijure » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:18 am

I have beaten two Council of Rick members, collected 11 badges, and am grinding my Mortys to face off against the third council Rick (whom I lost badly to once). My Mortys are more or less balanced in level and type:

To those who don't know, Pocket Mortys is a mobile game directly based off the show Rick and Morty, in a very Pokemon fashion. You play as alcoholic scientist Rick, who assembles a team of Mortys to defeat all the members of the Council of Ricks to get your portal gun back. Mortys are essentially Pokemon, albeit human (some of them). There are only three Morty types: Rock, Paper, and Scissors; you can imagine the type advantages over one another (although they don't resist types like in Pokemon). Only one Morty has no type, the regular Morty who you start with on your quest. Unlike Pokemon, there is no overworld, but a main hub to heal your Mortys, buy items, go to the day care center (where you can COMBINE two Mortys of the same type to create a new Morty), combine different parts and utilities, and go in a portal to explore different dimensions, fight trainers, and collect badges (in order to challenge the Council of Ricks). All and all, it's hardly expansive as Pokemon, but a fun thing to do when you're doing nothing else. :P
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:19 am

I downloaded it and played it some, and I can safely assume that I'm enjoying it more than most people. Having never played a single turn-based game in my life, the new genre is a lot more interesting for me. I can imagine that someone who is familiar with Final Fantasy, Earthbound, Pokémon, and such is going to find it far more limiting, but for me, it's an introduction into the genre with an awesome setting and characters. :D
BBB

by Simmonds91 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:37 pm

Im a massive fan of the show this game is based off so of course i downloaded it as soon as it released heheh.

Currently training up to fight against the third council member and also trying to level my lv6 egg morty into The One True Morty (think of it as the magicarp/gyardos of the pocket mortysverse)
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by AerisDraco » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:03 pm

I just got the One True Morty.
It kinda sucks, possibly because of its low level.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic