Leviathan Improv

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Leviathan Improv

by AerisDraco » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:45 pm

This is likely to be a one-off thing. I don't mean to steal Ninja's idea. (For Boss Improv)

Leviathan

Stats
HP: 15000
Damage: 0-0 (Does it really matter?)
Armor/Magic Resist: None
Speed: Slow

Abilities
Tentacle: (Cooldown: ~10 seconds)
Leviathan grapples one shoreline tower, disabling it for 3 seconds. At the end of the time, the tower is dragged into the water, destroying it. Hitting Leviathan with the Shrine of Regnos' ray resets the cooldown. Conversely, it may be used to stop a tower from getting dragged in.

Fear: (Cooldown: ~10 seconds)
Feeds off a tower's or soldiers' anxieties, drawing power from them. Whatever damage they deal to Leviathan's minions heal him by the same amount. If the damage is dealt directly to Leviathan, it does nothing. If the player uses a show of strength, such as Rain of Fire or the Shrine of Regnos (list below), this calms the anxiety, removing the effect. Shown by a purple aura underneath a tower.
[+] SPOILER
-RoF
-Shrine of Regnos
-A hero skill dealing above 300 damage
-Getting an achievement

Enemy Waves
Enemies other than Deviltides and Greenfins are spawned.
Spawned in approx. these amounts:
-4 Deviltides
-3 Redspines
-2 Blacksurges
-1 Bluegale or Bloodshell

Notes
-The fear ability takes from Cthulhu-style powers. Kind of.
-The tentacles now dragging towers into the water makes him much harder to counter, though he does ensnare less at a time.
-Fear can be a very powerful ability, especially if used on a high dps tower like an Archmage or Crossbow Fort.
-The Shrine of Regnos is now even more useful, and kind of builds lore, like Regnos' powers counter Leviathan's to some degree. Though, BTW, the Shrine, if you haven't guessed, isn't affected by Tentacle.
Last edited by AerisDraco on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

Re: Leviathan Improv

by Ninja » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:36 pm

Cool, I like it! If you could tell us when the enemies spawn and how, that would be appreciated. I love how you can counter his abilities; that's an amazing idea! :yey:

One problem though: Even with his abilities, 12000 HP is still too low. His miniscule HP was the main culprit that contributed to him being weaksauce. (And the other was the fact that he stops to disable towers, which you've remedied well in this interpretation of Levi.)
:hero:
User

by AerisDraco » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:33 am

Buffed HP by 3000.

The enemies are spawned like this, approx. every () seconds.
West -> South (Path):
-1 Deviltide (3 seconds)
-1 Redspine (4 seconds)
-1 Bloodshell (10 seconds)

West -> South (Water):
-2 Deviltides (3 seconds)
-1 Redspine (4 seconds)
-1 Blacksurge (7 seconds)

North -> Southeast:
-1 Deviltide (3 seconds)
-1 Redspine (4 seconds)
-1 Blacksurge (7 seconds)
-1 Bluegale (10 seconds)
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:40 am

OK, cool. The water path sounds UP, though. Blacksurges on water are weaksauce.
User

by AerisDraco » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:50 am

Though, in combination with the flood of other, more problematic enemies (Redspine hordes and Bluegales), plus the Leviathan improvement, it'll still be a problem. They'd likely make it to land.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Chimto » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:13 am

Hitting Leviathan with the Shrine of Regnos' ray resets the cooldown. Conversely, it may be used to stop a tower from getting dragged in.

If the player uses a show of strength, such as Rain of Fire or the Shrine of Regnos (list below), this calms the anxiety, removing the effect. Shown by a purple aura underneath a tower.

These two things are going to cause a lot of Guide Dang It moments in the game if implemented.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by The Kingmaker » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:26 am

Well I do really like this improvement, mainly because it means I never have to look at my Leviathan improvements ever again, yours is largely the same but better, with the tentacles not slowing movement and all. My leviathan was more Cthulu than anything else.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by AerisDraco » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:59 am

@Chimto: It does. Perhaps an info tip saying "Try then Shrine" or something. You do seem to like that TV Tropes website a lot, don't you?

@Kingmaker: I originally intended to keep the stop, but forgot, and got positive responses for forgetting it. So good on my forgetfulness?
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:22 pm

AerisDraco wrote:@Chimto: It does. Perhaps an info tip saying "Try then Shrine" or something. You do seem to like that TV Tropes website a lot, don't you?

You just noticed this? :lol:

@Kingmaker: I originally intended to keep the stop, but forgot, and got positive responses for forgetting it. So good on my forgetfulness?

Yes, your forgetfulness was most beneficial to you.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:42 pm

How about players just have to deal high damage to make Leviathan stop attacking towers?

Also, I personally dislike tower destruction, so this boss isn't my cup of tea. Everyone else seems to like it, though, so don't change it.
BBB

by Ninja » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:04 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:How about players just have to deal high damage to make Leviathan stop attacking towers?

Also, I personally dislike tower destruction, so this boss isn't my cup of tea. Everyone else seems to like it, though, so don't change it.

I don't know, I like the fact that Shrine of Regnos counters the tentacle attack. (Of course, it could still be countered by that simply by the damage done with the ray, so I guess that's fine. :) )
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:30 pm

Exactly. ;)

Plus, it would give players more of an opportunity to prevent their towers from being destroyed. I would definitely like it better if there was always a chance for the towers to be saved from Leviathan, and the Shrine of Regnos just doesn't recharge fast enough to counter Tentacle.
Last edited by Big Bad Bug on Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BBB

by Ninja » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:57 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Exactly. ;)

Plus, it would give players moron an opportunity to prevent their towers from being destroyed. I would definitely like it better if there was always a chance for the towers to be saved from Leviathan, and the Shrine of Regnos just doesn't recharge fast enough to counter Tentacle.

Players moron? :?
User

by Ninja » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:05 pm

Wait, if you're using Alric, then Fear will become worthless. Since Flurry recharges so fast and it always deals over 300 damage, it will always dispell the fear effect.
User

by AerisDraco » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:17 pm

I'll edit this post later with more observations.

As for Flurry, unless it actually buffs damage, even with Swordsmanship and with Alric at level 10, it deals just shy of 300 at max damage. About 276 if every strike is at max damage.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:21 pm

AerisDraco wrote:I'll edit this post later with more observations.

As for Flurry, unless it actually buffs damage, even with Swordsmanship and with Alric at level 10, it deals just shy of 300 at max damage. About 276 if every strike is at max damage.

I'm pretty sure that it does buff damage, because I've seen it deal at least 400 damage to a Gorillion with no tower support.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:50 pm

Ninja wrote:

I'm pretty sure that it does buff damage, because I've seen it deal at least 400 damage to a Gorillion with no tower support.

Did the Gorillon take extra damage from Spiked Armor?

Also, "player moron" was meant to be "player more of." ;)
BBB

by Ninja » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:52 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:
Ninja wrote:

Did the Gorillon take extra damage from Spiked Armor?

Also, "player moron" was meant to be "player more of." ;)

IDK, maybe. All I know is that I've seen Flurry deal well over 300 damage. I'll go test to be sure.
User

by AerisDraco » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:39 am

As for the whole tower destruction thing, it could either be kept as is, or make the tentacle an engageable enemy for ranged towers and heroes.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic