User Heroes 2

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: User Heroes 2

by AerisDraco » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:54 pm

He said that he would if he ever got to that point.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by RZRider » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:55 pm

Well technically this is my second hero but I didn't want to revive the old user heroes thread.
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by AerisDraco » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:54 pm

Oh. He probably just forgot to put it on the list.
(BBB, get on it!)
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:22 pm

RZRider wrote:Well technically this is my second hero but I didn't want to revive the old user heroes thread.

Oh, I thought it was your third hero because you said it was, somewhere in this thread.

@Aeris: I know he said that, but he hasn't yet finished some people's first heroes. ;)
:hero:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:32 am

Ninja wrote:What does it mean in Mana Drain's description where it says that "it can't be recharged". Why would it say the cooldown, then? :?

Mana Drain can't be recharged by its own spell-replenishing effect, to prevent players from looping spell recharges and eventually restoring every ability.

I won't accept any tertiary requests until everybody who requests gets their primary hero. So, if you've already had 2 heroes, wait until Lord of All Evil gets his hero before asking. :)

What do you guys think of the hero?
BBB

by Ninja » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:25 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:
Ninja wrote:What does it mean in Mana Drain's description where it says that "it can't be recharged". Why would it say the cooldown, then? :?

Mana Drain can't be recharged by its own spell-replenishing effect, to prevent players from looping spell recharges and eventually restoring every ability.

I won't accept any tertiary requests until everybody who requests gets their primary hero. So, if you've already had 2 heroes, wait until Lord of All Evil gets his hero before asking. :)

What do you guys think of the hero?

Godan is pretty awesome and balanced, and I like the massive destruction that can be caused with any one of his abilities. Word of Power is pretty plain and possibly OP, though.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:37 am

I'm glad that you like it. I hope Manijure does, too. :D

My intention for Word of Power was to create a spell that was pure, immense damage, that focused more on being awesome to see in-game than anything else. The main creativity comes in the graphics from the huge explosion, causing enemies killed by it to explode into blue bursts. :star:
BBB

by Ninja » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:47 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:My intention for Word of Power was to create a spell that was pure, immense damage, that focused more on being awesome to see in-game than anything else. The main creativity comes in the graphics from the huge explosion, causing enemies killed by it to explode into blue bursts. :star:

That's pretty cool, but still. Good graphics do not redeem unoriginality. ;)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:32 am

What other hero spell power is a massive magic damage AOE? The ability serves a good function, compliments the hero's playstyle and theme, and it looks cool, so it's fine. :)
BBB

by tmn loveblue » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:45 pm

I just read the newest hero you make, Godan. I like him a lot. It appears to me that he is inspired by Gandalf, though I'm not sure. He is very, very OP in terms of damage, with AoE and single target, magical and physical being strong alike. It looks like his only weakness is very, very long cooldowns on his skills. While this may make him a version of Faustus, Mana Drain changes it all with the cooldown reduction effect, which will be maximized with the abundance of Twilight Harassers in many levels. He is not OP in general, though. Let's say, Mana Drain hits 5 Twilight Harassers (or Scourgers, or Evokers), the cooldown reduction will reach 15 seconds, which is not nearly enough to make any of his abilities active if they have recently been used, but just enough to reactivate them as soon as anyone wonder where they have gone. Another, but not so visible weakness is him being the first unit to actually "pin himself down" and be unable to move (beside Kutsao with his dodge, but it is not officially stated), so Godan is vulnerable to being burst down and become an arrow-filled porcupine while showing off shouting "...no cheap tricks!". This, and the fact that his Spell charges up in 3 seconds, make soldiers a necessity for Godan to fight, although he is not at all fragile with 480 HP and much melee damage.

So, to sum up, not only that Godan looks cool, he is very powerful as well, along with having a demanding playstyle, requiring much attention to his skills, his position, and the enemies' positions, so as to maximize his powers and avoid wasting his madly strong spells and risk long cooldowns. Godan is awesome overall.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:12 am

tmn loveblue wrote:I just read the newest hero you make, Godan. I like him a lot. It appears to me that he is inspired by Gandalf, though I'm not sure. He is very, very OP in terms of damage, with AoE and single target, magical and physical being strong alike. It looks like his only weakness is very, very long cooldowns on his skills. While this may make him a version of Faustus, Mana Drain changes it all with the cooldown reduction effect, which will be maximized with the abundance of Twilight Harassers in many levels. He is not OP in general, though. Let's say, Mana Drain hits 5 Twilight Harassers (or Scourgers, or Evokers), the cooldown reduction will reach 15 seconds, which is not nearly enough to make any of his abilities active if they have recently been used, but just enough to reactivate them as soon as anyone wonder where they have gone. Another, but not so visible weakness is him being the first unit to actually "pin himself down" and be unable to move (beside Kutsao with his dodge, but it is not officially stated), so Godan is vulnerable to being burst down and become an arrow-filled porcupine while showing off shouting "...no cheap tricks!". This, and the fact that his Spell charges up in 3 seconds, make soldiers a necessity for Godan to fight, although he is not at all fragile with 480 HP and much melee damage.

So, to sum up, not only that Godan looks cool, he is very powerful as well, along with having a demanding playstyle, requiring much attention to his skills, his position, and the enemies' positions, so as to maximize his powers and avoid wasting his madly strong spells and risk long cooldowns. Godan is awesome overall.

Thanks! :mrgreen:

I took into account how he was OP and reduced his health and damage. I just realised that his melee DPS outclasses Bruce, which should not be the case for a mage hero. I also added a few visual effect descriptions for his skills to hopefully make them more appealing. :)
BBB

by Ninja » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:17 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:What other hero spell power is a massive magic damage AOE? The ability serves a good function, compliments the hero's playstyle and theme, and it looks cool, so it's fine. :)

Arivan's has wide range, and is massive magic damage. But that isn't the point. The point is that there are several giant AoE hero spells, and another isn't really needed because 1) it's unoriginal, and 2) it further nullifies the importance of choosing different heroes in Origins.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:15 pm

I like to feel that every hero should be original, but not necessarily every ability should be original. Godan himself should be cool and unique enough to stand out as an individual hero, rather than be ignored because there is another hero that outclasses him(like Bravebark and Bruce, or Reg'son and Lynn). Plus, if every single hero skill was original, it would make it harder to come up with skills for any hero as well as get in the way of practicality.

Also, Arivan's HS slowly moves forward, while Word of Power covers a larger range and is instantaneous as soon as the magic is released. ;)
BBB

by Ninja » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:24 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:I like to feel that every hero should be original, but not necessarily every ability should be original. Godan himself should be cool and unique enough to stand out as an individual hero, rather than be ignored because there is another hero that outclasses him(like Bravebark and Bruce, or Reg'son and Lynn). Plus, if every single hero skill was original, it would make it harder to come up with skills for any hero as well as get in the way of practicality.

What's the point of unoriginal abilities? Your answer is that it's easier to make them, and that it's impractical to use all original abilities. So what if it's easier to make them? All original abilities make a better hero overall. As for impracticality, that I can understand to an extent, but this FanFic anyways, and it's never going to be implemented, impractical or not. ;)

Big Bad Bug wrote:Also, Arivan's HS slowly moves forward, while Word of Power covers a larger range and is instantaneous as soon as the magic is released. ;)

OK, but still. Wide AoE HS's are not a new thing. There are many more I could list, which you no doubt already know of.
User

by The Kingmaker » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:00 pm

IMO, while an AoE HS isn't original or new, it works with this character's playstyle and fit's this character's style - which is mainly what this is, Word Of Power is a huge AoE spell in BFME2 and the Edain Mod, the largest and best of its kind. BBB adapted it and put it into our format.

Essentially if he made it an all original spell for this character, it would have taken far longer to him to make, not be as effective and not fit this character's style or intentions.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:10 pm

Ninja wrote:What's the point of unoriginal abilities? Your answer is that it's easier to make them, and that it's impractical to use all original abilities. So what if it's easier to make them? All original abilities make a better hero overall. As for impracticality, that I can understand to an extent, but this FanFic anyways, and it's never going to be implemented, impractical or not. ;)

No, it's possible for abilities to be impractical because of how hard we'd have to strain to make the abilities unique. Heroes are meant to be fun, and having practical abilities is a core necessity to preventing them from being frustrating for how imbalanced that they are. Originality can be a very useful factor to keeping heroes fun because they don't make it seem as though another hero is the same, but for every skill to be original is superfluous. Godan should already be a fun and unique hero as he is, and the idea that every skill should be original is taking things way too far.

I tried hard to make the hero as good as possible, spending lots of time thinking about skills that would look cool to see being used against enemies, have very useful effects against them, and contribute to an overall playstyle. I would make another original power if I could, but I have to save some other ideas for future user heroes, including yours. ;) I assumed that Word of Power would be a passing skill because it fits his theme nicely and serves a good purpose on top of his other abilities. I truly don't think it's a problem and there isn't anything that I can do about it, either.

Ninja wrote:As for impracticality, that I can understand to an extent, but this FanFic anyways, and it's never going to be implemented, impractical or not. ;)

Come on, don't pull that nonsense. Why do you make fanfics and read others' if they're not going to be implemented? It's fun to imagine having these awesome things in-game, and making them more reasonable as parts of the game helps us imagine them being in KR. It's also entertaining to see how well-designed heroes would be in the scenario that they did exist in the series.

Ninja wrote:OK, but still. Wide AoE HS's are not a new thing. There are many more I could list, which you no doubt already know of.

I do know of every HS in Origins, and you should know them well enough to know how different they all are from Word of Power. ;)
BBB

by Ninja » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:27 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:No, it's possible for abilities to be impractical because of how hard we'd have to strain to make the abilities unique. Heroes are meant to be fun, and having practical abilities is a core necessity to preventing them from being frustrating for how imbalanced that they are. Originality can be a very useful factor to keeping heroes fun because they don't make it seem as though another hero is the same, but for every skill to be original is superfluous. Godan should already be a fun and unique hero as he is, and the idea that every skill should be original is taking things way too far.

I tried hard to make the hero as good as possible, spending lots of time thinking about skills that would look cool to see being used against enemies, have very useful effects against them, and contribute to an overall playstyle. I would make another original power if I could, but I have to save some other ideas for future user heroes, including yours. ;) I assumed that Word of Power would be a passing skill because it fits his theme nicely and serves a good purpose on top of his other abilities. I truly don't think it's a problem and there isn't anything that I can do about it, either.

Come on, don't pull that nonsense. Why do you make fanfics and read others' if they're not going to be implemented? It's fun to imagine having these awesome things in-game, and making them more reasonable as parts of the game helps us imagine them being in KR. It's also entertaining to see how well-designed heroes would be in the scenario that they did exist in the series.

I do know of every HS in Origins, and you should know them well enough to know how different they all are from Word of Power. ;)

1) I don't deny that Godan is fun and unique already, but the unoriginality of WoP detracts from that uniqueness by being sub-par in comparison to the rest of the hero. I'm not saying to omit WoP altogether; it just needs some alteration to be on the level of coolness that his other abilities are on.

2) Oh, well I didn't think about it that way. Abilities that fit a theme just come to me when I make heroes, so I wouldn't know how that is. :?

3) I make fanfics because its fun to imagine them in-game, like you. However, the knowledge that they won't be implemented allows for a certain amount of looseness when making them, and for more originality.

Even if they were going to implemented into the game, I would still strive to make each power as original as possible, and then let IH edit them to their liking. Just so long as my hero made it into the game, I wouldn't care how heavily edited it was.

4) I wasn't implying that you don't, which your tone seems to imply that you think I was. I was simply stating that you know of every HS, and with that knowledge, you should be able to see how similar WoP is to hero spells such as Arrow Storm, Dragon Rage, and others. ;)
User

by Manijure » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:25 am

Took me a while to realize my hero was ready. :P

I must say, I am impressed. Godan's versatile fighting would be an excellent Hero for Origins or KR4 (looking at you, TaTs); being able to deal both magical and physical damage in a moderate scale gives fun new playstyles. His Mana Drain ability is my personal favorite; waiting for ability cooldowns is a pain, and I'm glad there's an ability to help other abilities. And his Hero Spell... eat your heart out, Eridan.

All in all, I like my Hero a lot. Thanks, BBB! :)
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by tmn loveblue » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:15 pm

WoP got that 3s charge up, which is a nice difference compare to other Hero Spells, all of which cast instantly. And it got this huge damage, and a not-so-big range (for a Bandersnatch, that's it) that require some degree of planning to keep enemies within. Unlike WoP, Arrow Storm is a spammable, relatively weak AoE attack that is really easy to use, and Dragon Rage is another easy to use AoE that deal magic DoT instead of straight-in-the-face damage. They are sort of different to me. Though, BBB, you can add just a bit of slow to WoP, maybe 20-30%.
User

by Ninja » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:50 pm

tmn loveblue wrote:WoP got that 3s charge up, which is a nice difference compare to other Hero Spells, all of which cast instantly. And it got this huge damage, and a not-so-big range (for a Bandersnatch, that's it) that require some degree of planning to keep enemies within. Unlike WoP, Arrow Storm is a spammable, relatively weak AoE attack that is really easy to use, and Dragon Rage is another easy to use AoE that deal magic DoT instead of straight-in-the-face damage. They are sort of different to me. Though, BBB, you can add just a bit of slow to WoP, maybe 20-30%.

I'm not saying that it's identical to those powers, just very similar, which detracts from the hero's awesomeness.
User

PreviousNext