User Heroes 2

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: User Heroes 2

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:45 pm

I've given Word of Power new effects. You may like them better for being unique amongst other Hero Spells, but this isn't right for the aesthetic of Godan. His hero has a different feel now; one that is less like Gandalf and more like a typical, destructive wizard.
BBB

by tmn loveblue » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:00 pm

I like Gandalf :(
The new one is fine, but I actually enjoy the old one better for the instant burst damage being much more satisfying, though to satisfy Ninja, BBB, you can add a 30% slow effect to the enemies within, and perhaps silencing Godan while the Spell charges - since he is not suppose to cast a spell while channeling another. Particle effect on Godan, too. It is what I originally mean.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:42 pm

I like the old one better, too, and made this one to show Ninja the repercussions of choosing originality over practicality. I'll change it back, shortly, but I don't want to add the slow effect. Most enemies in Origins won't survive such a hard hit, and those who do are often the tough enemies that are already slow anyways. I like the silence for Godan idea, so I'll implement that. ;)
BBB

by Ninja » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:51 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:I like the old one better, too, and made this one to show Ninja the repercussions of choosing originality over practicality. I'll change it back, shortly, but I don't want to add the slow effect. Most enemies in Origins won't survive such a hard hit, and those who do are often the tough enemies that are already slow anyways. I like the silence for Godan idea, so I'll implement that. ;)

Originality doesn't have to have repercussions. How about this: He makes an energy ball on the selected place on the map, which charges for 3 seconds, like the one before. Any enemies that die near it add to its damage by the amount that their max HP is. It detects dead enemies in a long range. After the 3s of charging, it explodes in a huge area (like before), dealing the accumulated damage.
:hero:
User

by tmn loveblue » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:36 pm

That would be good, but let it be an area instead of a ball, so the player can better predict how far the blast reaches. The idea would be to stock up Godan's powers, use the Spell, then send in the hero for him to unleash his devastating skills, decimate lots of weak enemies, only one Golem left, then the Spell detonates and take away half of the Golem's health.
User

by Ninja » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:55 pm

tmn loveblue wrote:That would be good, but let it be an area instead of a ball, so the player can better predict how far the blast reaches. The idea would be to stock up Godan's powers, use the Spell, then send in the hero for him to unleash his devastating skills, decimate lots of weak enemies, only one Golem left, then the Spell detonates and take away half of the Golem's health.

Well, there could just be a large blue circle of crackling energy around where you target to signify how far the blast will reach. ;)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:14 am

Manijure wrote:Took me a while to realize my hero was ready. :P

I must say, I am impressed. Godan's versatile fighting would be an excellent Hero for Origins or KR4 (looking at you, TaTs); being able to deal both magical and physical damage in a moderate scale gives fun new playstyles. His Mana Drain ability is my personal favorite; waiting for ability cooldowns is a pain, and I'm glad there's an ability to help other abilities. And his Hero Spell... eat your heart out, Eridan.

All in all, I like my Hero a lot. Thanks, BBB! :)

You're welcome. ;) And, thank you for the descriptive feedback. :mrgreen:

Ninja wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:I like the old one better, too, and made this one to show Ninja the repercussions of choosing originality over practicality. I'll change it back, shortly, but I don't want to add the slow effect. Most enemies in Origins won't survive such a hard hit, and those who do are often the tough enemies that are already slow anyways. I like the silence for Godan idea, so I'll implement that. ;)

Originality doesn't have to have repercussions. How about this: He makes an energy ball on the selected place on the map, which charges for 3 seconds, like the one before. Any enemies that die near it add to its damage by the amount that their max HP is. It detects dead enemies in a long range. After the 3s of charging, it explodes in a huge area (like before), dealing the accumulated damage.

That has the same problem as the current skill: It isn't befitting of Godan. I have already told you that I agree that original skills are better than unoriginal in general (so you didn't need to bring that up in TMN's thread ;) ) but a practical ability like the massive AOE isn't bad in any way and doesn't need to be changed.

I want to go back to the original argument, because I've already established that originality in general is superior to an unoriginal skill, just as you've been telling me. The pure AOE damage of Word of Power is not dull in my opinion. In fact, I find it more interesting than most other Hero Spells. I like to imagine how cool a humongous wave of magical blue energy slaying dozens of considerably tough enemies all at once can be in-game. Some Hero Spells are pretty neat, like Arrow Volley and Dark Pact, but none have the epic feel that a huge, deadly exposion like this has. In that sense, it is original, and better than most Hero Spells. ;)
BBB

by tmn loveblue » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:13 am

BBB has his point, Ninja. Without any changes, the original WoP is still awesome, like blasting hordes of Satyrs to shreds in an eye's blink. Besides, you and BBB have different styles of hero making. Originality is good, but simple beauty is even harder to create. Thus, you should not attempt to alter BBB's way of making heroes. It's not necessary.
User

by Ninja » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:52 pm

tmn loveblue wrote:BBB has his point, Ninja. Without any changes, the original WoP is still awesome, like blasting hordes of Satyrs to shreds in an eye's blink. Besides, you and BBB have different styles of hero making. Originality is good, but simple beauty is even harder to create. Thus, you should not attempt to alter BBB's way of making heroes. It's not necessary.

I don't deny that it would be awesome to see WoP in-game. It's just not as good as it coulde be, and as a result, lowers the quality of the hero overall. (He's still a good hero, though.) ;)

@BBB: I agree that it would be cool to see, but the concept is a little to simplistic and similar to certain other hero spells for my taste. Let's leave it at that. :)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:58 am

:yey:

Update! I know that Fenrir is next on the list, but he's been inactive for so long that I made Kingmaker's hero first. :D

Big thanks to Kingmaker for having a username that gave me such a great concept to work with. I had a lot of ideas for this, and a lot of fun creating it. I even made a drawing for the hero because I had such a strong image of him in my head. Hopefully this makes the hero more special without making anyone else feel left out. :)
BBB

by The Kingmaker » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:13 am

One of the reasons I chose The Kingmaker as my Username was because it evoked mental images of awesomeness and power and I'm glad that I can see those images written before me here. I even posed with a clenched first when I saw the image, although unfortunately I don't have awesome flaming eyes in real life.

The hero is awesome. Mainly because I'm awesome, and you, bbb are also awesome. It's a unique hero with a powerful play style that has its own advantages and disadvantages
At first the lore was a little derivative with the whole double betrayal, but it was a great twist that it meant he was left with magic in the mask but none to use it himself. Im sure I can think of a metaphor me not being a mod but truly holding the power:
Yes! While you are the mod, I, the Kingmaker harnessed your powers in order to create what I desired.
And this hero really is what I desired. Many thanks Titanic Terrorirsing Termite.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by magicmetal03 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:48 pm

Can I have a metal golem with magical abilities?
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by tmn loveblue » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:24 am

An awesome creation for the Kingmaker, BBB ;)
User

Previous