TMN's Fanfic Heroes

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

TMN's Fanfic Heroes

by tmn loveblue » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:41 am

Before this topic, I've always posted my created KR heroes spontaneously in separated posts across the FanFiction forum. I figure out that that kind of posting make the heroes really scattered and easy to be forgotten. So I make this topic, where I'll be posting all of my heroes from now on, hopefully to attract more viewers and comments and make my work easier to follow.

Cersia
The Outcast

[+] SPOILER
APPEARANCE

Cersia is a female twilight elf in tight silvery armor. She wields her favorite weapon, a personalized rifle in silver-and-blue tone, with a scope. To defend herself in melee, Cersia has claws of tempered steel hidden up her armor's sleeves, and a magical dagger strapped to her waist. Cersia's hair is silver and flows down her armored shoulders. She has blazing, glaring eyes, like her brethren Reg'son, that further increase her dangerous look.

STATS

HP: 400
Armor: 35% (Medium)
Melee Attack: Cut and slash with claws once every 0.75s, dealing 15-35 physical damage.
Ranged Attack: Take aim and shoot her rifle once every 1.75s, dealing 18-75 physical damage.
Movement Speed: Fast.
Re-spawn: 20 seconds.

SKILLS

Innate Passive: Soulflare.

Cersia's ranged attack burns the victim's soul to deal 15 True Damage per second to other enemies nearby. Only one enemy may get the Soulflare mark at any moment, switching target will remove the mark and print it on the new enemy. Cersia's melee attacks on the marked enemy deal +20 damage and pierce 100% armor. Soulflare also interacts with Cersia's other skills, and may last indefinitely. The victim will continuously burn purple and pass lines of flames to other enemies, dealing damage.

If Cersia dies, the Soulflare turns into a Death Mark (colored red instead of purple, and blaze more brightly) for 3 seconds, amplifies all damage the victim takes by 40%. After 3 seconds, the mark detonates, dealing 150 True Damage to the victim. If the victim is slain within that 3s, the mark instantly explodes, dealing 150 area True Damage.

Spirited Bullet. (12 seconds)

Cersia takes 2 seconds to load a special bullet into her rifle. The bullet bears a curse to sever the target's soul on impact, dealing a bonus 30/50/70 True Damage. If the shot kills its target, the next shot also become a Spirited Bullet. The buff can pass on from shot to shot until somebody does not die, then cool-down starts. Forcing Cersia into melee puts Spirited Bullet on cool-down and ends the volley.

Cersia has a dim red glow around her feet when Spirited Bullet is ready, which changes to a distinctive red circle when she is loading the bullet. Changing her position while she is loading will cancel the shot.

Soulflare Bonus: Spirited Bullet deals +20 True Damage and pierce 100% armor.

Siphon. (12 seconds)

Cersia lands a melee attack with her dagger, dealing 55/80/105 bonus True Damage and restoring 30/45/60 health. This healing is doubled when Cersia is under 40% health.

Soulflare Bonus: Refund 3 seconds to cool-down and increase healing by 50%.

Death Trigger.

Killing an enemy readies Cersia's next ranged attack in 1.25/1/0.75 second instead of 1.75s.

Vengeful Fighter.

Cersia gradually gains up to 20/50/80% armor piercing in her next 3 ranged attacks (Spirited Bullet excluded) after 4 seconds of not shooting. Cersia also gains up to 10/30/50% chance to deal triple damage in her next melee attack (Siphon's bonus not counted) after 5 seconds of not entering melee.

Hero Spell: Torch of Souls. (60 seconds)

Gives Soulflare to enemies within an area as big as the Wild Magus's range, and allows the DoT to hurt the victim and stack with each other for 5/10/15/20 seconds.

QUOTES

Selection: "They deserve to suffer!"

"A debt to pay with blood."
"Set them on fire!"
"Vengeance shall not be forgotten."
"Your souls shall be tribute to the Goddess."

Death: "Go down with me"

Uranus
Dusk Bringer

[+] SPOILER
LORE

Long ago, in the ruins of an ancient citadel, dark magic brewed. A group of magi, too proud in their magical prowess, attempting to harness the most mystical force of all, tried to transcend the barrier of life and death. For good or ill purpose, no one know. The experiment, it went wrong. The evil that it summoned was too strong, it broke the wizards, destroying them all but one. This last mage stood, his magic barely resisting the onslaught of evil. In his last breath, he sealed the summoning portal, but darkness had its grip upon him. It would not let go of this final anchor to the mortal plane, so the dark strengthened his life force, saving his soul from fading. It granted him near-immortality, for so long as he stands, the Shadow has a powerful tool to feast upon the world.

So the mage rose a new man, forgotten his past and his personality, though his badly wounded mind retained one though: The shadows inside him is evil, and he must not let them go free, or else they will destroy the world. He vowed that he would use this new, dark power to serve the greater good, to vanquish all evil that comes across him. Uranus he was called, the Holder of Shadows, the Deathly One, a feared force in the ranks of the Elves.

STATS & APPEARANCE

Uranus is a fearsome, dark, buffed figure in clothes that is fluid as if fashioned out of shadows. His eyes and fists burn red, he holds no weapon, for the darkness inside him is more powerful than any weapon.

HP: 550 (5% heal rate)
Armor: 60%
Melee Damage: Punches and swipes with fists charged with dark energy, dealing 28-55 magic damage at an average pace.
Movement Speed: Jogs at an average pace, but he can also turn spectral and glide quickly to distant locations, traveling over terrains.
Re-spawn: 30 seconds

Innate: Malefic Claim

Uranus's basic abilities consume a portion his HP. In addition, whenever one of his basic abilities kills enemies, the current cool-down of all basic abilities are reduced by 50%. Uranus cannot drop below 25 HP due to Malefic Claim.

SKILLS

Skill 1: Life Drain [24 seconds; 30% of current HP]

Suppresses an enemy with a surge of corrupted energies, dealing 20/40/60% of its maximum HP over 2 seconds while healing himself by the damage dealt, capped between 50-300 HP.

Uranus temporary loses control over his inner shadows. They bursts out of him in a furious twister of red energy, engulfing the enemy he is fighting and tethering them for the duration. The ability deals damage every 0.25 second. While suppressed, the victim cannot move or attack, neither can Uranus.

Skill 2: Sanguine Sword [16 seconds; 10% of current HP]

Uranus's next attack deals 80% of his current HP as bonus True Damage.

Uranus conjures a fluid blade out of fresh blood, slicing it through the victim's body.

Skill 3: Black Flux [30/25/20 seconds; 15% of current HP]

Uranus shields himself with dark energy over 3/4/5 seconds, gaining immunity to crowd control effects and 90% resistance to damage. If Black Flux absorbs 100 or more damage, it releases a shockwave that stuns nearby enemies for 3/4/5 seconds after the duration ends.

Uranus pulls his coat over himself and releases a storm of shadows, which circles him for the duration. Crowd controls applied before the ability is cast are removed. If Black Flux absorbs enough damage, an unearthly howl is heard before the storm bursts into a black wave expanding in all direction, applying the stun as it touches enemies.

Skill 4: Harmonic Demise [14 seconds; 25% of missing HP]

Drains power from his soul to deal 150/225/300% of consumed HP as True Damage to a single target.

Harmonic Demise is ranged and cannot be cast while Uranus has over half of his maximum HP. It always target the weakest enemy in range to maximize kill potential. Can be used in melee.

Harmonic Demise's damage is based on how much HP it consumes from Uranus, which means that it deals more damage the less HP Uranus has, up to over 300 damage, enough to kill most regular foes. This skill has great game-changing potentials, because the high kill chance allows Malefic Claim's cool-down reduction to trigger and bring round Uranus's skills again.

Hero Spell: Ruination [40 seconds]

Curses an area with powerful dark magic for 4/6/8/10 seconds, causing each tick of damage dealt to enemies within to chunk out 5% of their maximum HP as True Damage. Each enemy cannot lose more than 10% maximum HP per second.

The affected area is as wide as Eldritch Doom's AoE, and burns with purple fire. Enemies that die within crumble into dust.

Since Ruination's AoE is stationary, the player must utilize crowd controls and troops to keep enemies within the area. Wierdwood is the best tower for this purpose, thanks to Clobber's stun and Fiery Nut's DoT maximizing Ruination's power. Notice that Life Drain also deals DoT, keeps the victim in one place, and even better, deals %HP damage, all of which allows Uranus to chunk a whooping 80% maximum HP from Life Drain's victim.

STRATEGY

Uranus is a single-target nuke, his arsenal of skills specialized in blocking and dealing a lot of damage to one enemy, while his stats allow him to be an exceptional tank. His downsides are long skill recharges, low heal rate and extremely long respawn. Thus, the player must use him in a risky way, bypassing the weakness of a long cool-down through use of Malefic Claim's cool-down reduction, by micromanaging him to slay small enemies whenever Sanguine Sword comes round, and micro him back to large foes when Life Drain comes round.

Life Drain is Uranus's key strength, allows him to recover HP lost from fighting and from Malefic Claim. However, it is very weak when used on low HP foes, so it is key to keep track of its cool-down so as to micro Uranus accordingly. If you miss a Life Drain, try to use Sanguine Sword or Harmonic Demise to regain it.

If Uranus's HP drops below 50%, it is usually not worthwhile to retreat and heal since he heals frustratingly slow. Instead, try using Circle of Life and Life Drain to regain HP. When Uranus's HP drops is also when Harmonic Demise is most powerful, so you should move him near weak enemies to try to get a kill from the skill to trigger Malefic Claim.

When Black Flux triggers, it is usually good idea to stick around even if Uranus is low on health. The damage reduction makes him very hard to kill, and by playing risky while the shield holds, you can usually get enough damage absorbed to trigger the afterwards stun, when he can safely retreat if needed, or stay to land a few blows.

QUOTES

Uranus has two voice, each with separate set of quote and equal chance of speaking. The first voice is a heavy, wounded voice of a man, speaking of pain, loss and grief over a forgotten past. The second voice is an unearthly demonic voice sounds like knives scraping against a board, speaking about demonic stuffs.

Human Voice:

"Existence is torment."
"Don't get...too close. I am dark inside."
"Endless misery, eternal pain."
"Death is the only escape."

Demon Voice:

"Don't be afraid of the dark :twisted: "
"Share this torment!"
"There is no coming back from your demise. :veznan: "
"Not even Death can save you."

Uranus has no death quote. Instead, his whole body floats up and stripped away bit by bit, his eyes glow as he howls in a high-pitched tone, until nothing is left but a patch of shadow on the ground, where he will reform when he re-spawn.

Mera
Embers Disciple

LORE

Growing up within the nomad on the Azsare Desert, Mera did not fit in well with other children of the tribe. Instead of learning how to herd Bantahs and hunt animals for food early, Mera found those jobs tiring and dull. He found only one thing fascinates him: the great campfire that his people light up at night, the dancing flame on torches they carry on their trails. Mera looked at those flames days and nights since the moment he first learnt how to see, within the seeming erratic dances of the fires, Mera found a wild, furiously free rhythm that resonates with the pulses of his soul. As Mera grew he quickly learnt that other people did not share his sense of connection with the fire, a thing that they only consider a mere tool, albeit a dangerous one. Thus he accepted the warnings that his family gave him and did not attempt to come any nearer to fires, but still inside of Mera the strange sense only grew as he kept his eyes on torches and campfires til late at night, long after other people had fallen asleep.

Finally, one midnight when he was 17, Mera stood up, as if in a trance, his gaze flared as if actual flames burnt within. His hands and feet led him scavenged on his people's carts, quickly and silently taking away all the things he could carried to make a keep a fire: flints, matches, hay. He took a torch, slung a bow and a dozen arrows over his shoulders and strayed off into the night, without any others knowing that he has left. Mera walked for weeks through the desert and over tall mountains, hunted with his bow, roasted and ate anything he hunted on the way. Still the endless journey drained him, to the point Mera only moved like a zombie and failed to hunt anything, yet he carried on with an unknown purpose in his mind. Finally Mera arrived at the base of a long, high wall connected with a sky-touching cliff whose surface is layered with sharp rock fangs. There he found a small chamber carved into the stone, its entrance nearly covered by dirt and vines. Almost digging his way in, within Mera saw an altar on which a statue stood, a weird statue of a man whose lower half was replaced by swirling clouds, eyes gazing upwards and hands holding fire to the sky. On the altar wrote: "Come, one who seek the beauty of fires. You shall get the dream you have always dreamed, the power others have only aspired for, as you take on the burden as the next Keeper of the Eternal Flame.". Weak as he was, Mera gathered what remained of his strength to crawl to the altar, and managed to touch it with the fingers of his right hand. Suddenly images overflew his mind, visions of great fires swept across great distances, engulfing the land in flame. The visions overwhelmed his thoughts and feelings in their frail state, burnt his identity into pieces and fractions as his body convulsed on the chamber's floor. After what seemed like ages, Mera burst up with renewed vigor, his body coated in raging fires, which is under his control now. Mera's spirit became integrated with an ancient force, guiding his will to the higher purpose of keeping the land clean of evil by pulverizing them with a stronger might, the might of fires.

APPEARANCE

Mera wears simple, brown clothes, sort of like nomads, with streaks of burnt fabric running along the sides of his arms.

STATS

HP: 540 (12% heal rate)
Armor: None
Attack Damage: Attacks rapidly with bare, flaming hands for 12-54 Physical Damage each hit.
Movement Speed: Average
Re-spawn: 20 seconds.

SKILLS

Passive: Mera's basic attacks has 33% chance to set his target on fire, dealing 10-30 Fire Damage per second for 3 seconds.

1. Ashes to Ashes: [15 seconds]

A destructive infernal strike that deals 70/140/210 Fire Damage to one enemy, doubled against burning targets.

2. Conflagration: [16 seconds]

Causes a furious burst of flames on a burning enemy, dealing 100/200/300 Fire Damage over 5 seconds.

3. Embers: [12/8/4 seconds]

Launches focused fire at a target, setting it on fire. If the target is already burning, Sear burns all nearby enemies and deals 25/50/75 Fire Damage to each.

4. Fire Mastery:

Mera deals 5/10/15 bonus Fire Damage each attack and takes 12/24/36% less damage from burning targets, doubled against the victim of Conflagration.
Last edited by tmn loveblue on Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 27 times in total.
User

Re: TMN's Fanfic Heroes

by tmn loveblue » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:42 am

Save for later.
User

by tmn loveblue » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:42 am

Save for later.
User

by The Kingmaker » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:28 am

I hope I'm good posting now, really looking forward to this :D
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:54 am

:cry: :D
BBB

by tmn loveblue » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:21 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote::cry: :D

What's wrong? You were sad and happy at once :o
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:46 pm

That's my smiley-combo to show tears of joy. ;)
BBB

by tmn loveblue » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:56 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:That's my smiley-combo to show tears of joy. ;)

Oh well :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
User

by tmn loveblue » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:33 pm

I made the first hero, which probably would make Ninja really happy.
User

by Ninja » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:21 pm

tmn loveblue wrote:I made the first hero, which probably would make Ninja really happy.

She is pretty awesome, and I love the Soulflare effect that she has! :D

I think the Soulflare damage should be decreased to 10 TDPS, because balance, but other than that it's pretty epic.

Her first ability was seemingly very similar to Silver Bullet, but that volley thing and the affects that it gains from Soulflare really set it apart. Awesomeness with this ability! :hero:

I must say, this ability is quite OP, even without the Soulflare bonus. And with it, it's undeniably, egregiously OP. I would suggest either increasing the cooldown to 10s or nerfing its damage considerably to remedy this.

I really feel like Death Trigger should have a bonus from Soulflare if it kills a marked target. Maybe something like making her next attack x2/3/4 damage?

Her 4th ability is great; good job. Though I think that it should include ability bonuses. That would create a really awesome playstyle of really just gaining immense power from attacking marked targets.

Her HS seems a bit OP, but I'm not sure how I would fix that. Maybe increase the CD to 70s. IDK.

Overall, she's pretty awesome, and her originality should hopefully prove to BBB that all original abilities can be good. She's a bit OP with her abilities, but her stats are perfect. :D
:hero:
User

by The Kingmaker » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:02 pm

Of course all original abilities can be good, but it can rather neuter the creative process and inhibit the speed at which a hero can be made. At least that's how I see it. If nothing springs to mind when I'm making a hero then I go into what we already know and adapt it to fit the theme I'm using.

My treasured creations:
User

by Ninja » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:10 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:Of course all original abilities can be good, but it can rather neuter the creative process and inhibit the speed at which a hero can be made. At least that's how I see it. If nothing springs to mind when I'm making a hero then I go into what we already know and adapt it to fit the theme I'm using.

Again, I wouldn't know how that feels because abilities just come to me naturally when I make heroes. Speaking of which, I should stop being lazy and type up a few more of my heroes. :P
User

by The Kingmaker » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:40 pm

Ninja wrote:Again, I wouldn't know how that feels because abilities just come to me naturally when I make heroes.

My treasured creations:
User

by Ninja » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:55 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:
Ninja wrote:Again, I wouldn't know how that feels because abilities just come to me naturally when I make heroes.

[+] SPOILER

I'm not saying that I'm better to you; I'm just saying that I'm more obsessed with KR than you. You can take that as an insult or me insulting myself. I don't care either way. ;)
User

by The Kingmaker » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:05 pm

Very well.

My treasured creations:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:14 am

A Twilight Elf with a gun is a crazy, but awesome concept.

What is armor piercing? Is this a type of True Damage, or does it rend armor like Arcane Archers and Dante's skill? I like that there are multiple skills that focus on such an idea, creating unity for the hero. :)

I think that Soulflare is a great idea, but too strong and complicated. I'd prefer if instead of actually harming enemies just by being effected by it, it made them take 20% more damage from Cersia as well as the bonuses of her abilities, to help nullify how overpowered it currently is.

Spirited Bullet is a perfect ability. :D

Siphon is enough to make Cersia invulnerable. It deals almost as much damage as Spirited Bullet but with half the cooldown, and heals her, not to mention the bonus of Soulflare making it so much stronger. I imagine this as an ability with a longer recharge but also more powerful damage and healing, so that it can be used only in emergencies to save her from death. As a bonus to this, if she takes severe damage from ranged attacks in a short burst of time, she can dash at an enemy and use the attack instantly to save her life. :twisted:

Death Trigger is another really cool skill. Would it also effect Spirited Bullet?

Vengeful Fighter seems to make her more like Eridan: to get the most out of her damage output, use her in melee and at range. However, since her other passive is solely focused on ranged attacks, she is more of a ranged fighter than a melee fighter, making this skill seem somewhat like it doesn't belong. Perhaps if this one was just for melee attacks, but stronger and with more effects, she would then be an all-around hero.

Torch of Souls brings up an interesting controversy. Soulflare is an OP bonus, but without it being this strong, Torch of Souls would become UP. Reducing the cooldown won't save this, because my suggestion for Soulflare is too tame for a Hero Spell. What if it gave Soulflare to all enemies in range as well as another debuff that worked well when stacked with Soulflare?

Ultimately, I really like this hero, and with work, Cersia can become so, so amazing. :hero:
BBB

by tmn loveblue » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:43 am

Up! :mrgreen: I recently updated with a new hero, the Dusk Bringer, with another swordman on the way :D Hope you guys like it, and leave me some comments over his flaws, or anything you like.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:00 pm

He is very tanky with his health and armor, though his heal rate and respawn are unforgiving. The HP drain perfectly balances this, because the damage per second gained from each skill makes it more worthwhile to upgrade each skill slot than to let him be a tank. ;)

Life Drain is very OP because it is a near-instant kill with a massive healing boost that makes the innate HP depletion pointless. Perhaps making the skill base the healing off of how much health is taken from an enemy will make it more interesting and not always OP if the percentage is lowered. Alternatively, if the health drained was a flat number instead of a percentage, it could be less game-breaking against big foes, but I prefer the former option. ;)

Based on the name, I imagine Sanguine Sword to be an animation of Uranus forming a red, fluid blade out of magic and performing a downward slash similar to Oni. The damage potential is awesome but not OP because all of his skills and heal rate make it difficult to perform this skill at full power.

Black Flux sounds so cool for a skill name. :veznan: What is immunity to crowd control? AOE damage? I really like how this skill makes him more durable so that the player doesn't have to worry as much about enemies damaging him and has more control over his HP. It isn't a permanent buff so the player can't abuse it and make Uranus become invincible, but it momentarily makes it so that enemy damage is insignificant so that only the HP drain of his abilities can make an impact. If I could change anythign about it, I'd make it last longer than 2 seconds, since it becomes a little pointless when it pasts for so little of a time. Maybe 2/4/6 seconds, maybe just 3/4/5 seconds. It's up to you. :)

I don't understand what Harmonic Demise does. I know that it is a ranged attack usable in melee that drains a quarter of whatever HP Uranus is missing at the moment, but what the skill itself does is confusing. What is "consumed HP?" Whatever it is, this skill is really important. One unique thing about Eridan is that he has melee and ranged skills that force players to use both in order to maximise his efficiency, giving him a unique playstyle that isn't contradictory despite what it seems like on paper. Here, the same can be said about keeping Uranus at low HP and high HP, because low HP allows him to use this skill which is hopefully very powerful, while Sanguine Sword is most effective at full health (but can still be used at low HP in an emergency) and encourages the player to use him at both amounts of health in order to deal the most damage possible. What an excellent combination of skills.

I like that Ruination halves the HP of enemies and can be spammed, but isn't OP because it takes 10 seconds to fully damage enemies, and in that time, they can kill reinforcements and walk away, so it won't always be as powerful unless the player focuses all attention into getting the most out of the power by spending other resources like barracks soldier or reinforcement life.

While I can't say he is a perfect hero, the good stuff is the vast majority of the hero, and what's good is not only good, but fantastic. This is one of the best fanfic heroes I've ever read, using a mechanic that I've always wanted in the KR series and using better than I could've hoped. If you submitted this to the Hero Design Contest, it would've taken over almost all of the votes easily. :hero:
BBB

by tmn loveblue » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:52 am

You may want to check out my recent changes ;) I add some more notes on how he should be used.

You are right, Life Drain is quite OP. I changed it, so it isn't anymore, and still not OP even against big foes, because the healing is now capped, thus the player must utilize his passive to regain more HP. However, it still retains its detrimental effect versus Golems, and even worse with Ruination active :twisted:

Your imagination perfectly fits mine when it comes to Sanguine Sword :lol: The cool-down may looks too long, but Malefic Claim makes it short enough if he slays an enemy with the skill, which is not at all difficult when he has over 50% HP. It also provides an easy mean to lower the cool-down on other skills, especially Life Drain.

Black Flux makes Uranus basically impervious to mostly anything, because it blocks damage and prevents CC like Webspitters' webs, and stuns from sources (looking back, there aren't many CC that is applicable on heroes to prevent). I buffed it a little bit, increasing the duration and the damage reduction, so Uranus could be invincible while it is on :veznan: , allowing risky moves for some seconds, which fits his risks-and-rewards play-style (the playstyle is forced since he heals too darn slow :twisted: and thus has to rely on Life Drain to regain HP).

Harmonic Demise deals damage based on how much HP it consumes from Uranus, which makes it increasingly strong as his HP gets low. It is not as powerful as Sanguine Sword, but since the automatic targeting finds the weakest foe to use the skill on, it can easily get a kill from, say, Sword Spiders or Cutthroats. This skill's main purpose is to trigger Malefic Claim, so he could regain his other skills faster, be stronger and get more Life Drains when his HP drops, ultimately become stronger and avoid dying.
User