KR 4 Hero ideas. (MY 1ST POST)

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

KR 4 Hero ideas. (MY 1ST POST)

by BigBadWolf » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:55 pm

Hi everyone this is my first post so it probably won't make 'post of the year.' But I registered so I could get my ideas out there...please, any feed-back would be appreciated. If you think this post needs an edit, please inform me.

I think it would be cool if KR 4 has a angel character...so I made one up. (Please tell me if there is a balance problem.)

:hero:
Ezekiel: Archangel. (unlocks at stage 4) Neck length blond hair, face is pale, heavy blue armor, bright glowing blue eyes, holding a golden bow, and a silver claymore.
Quotes: "In the name of the light!" "Justice!" "Light of Lights!" "Celestial DOOM!"
On death: "SALVATION!"
HP: 400.
DAMAGE: 35-42
ARMOR: HIGH
SPEED: Average.
Ranged: Holy Bow.
Melee: Sword of Justice.

Skills:
Arrow of Light: 1/2/3. He grabs a glowing arrow from his quiver, aims and fires a powerful golden arrow that does 80/130/170 true damage to the most powerful target in range. (cool down: 10 sec.)

Smite-ning: 3/3/3. Ezekiel outstretches his hand, electricity crackles around it for a second then shoots lightning that links up to 3/4/5 enemies, doing 100/130/150 magic damage. (cool down 18 sec.)

Holy Orbs: 1/2/3. Ezekiel hovers in the air as golden light surrounds him and summons 1/2/3 Orbs of light that fly through the air that hit random enemies doing 20/30/40 splash damage (cool down: 12 sec.)

Magic Shields: 1/2/3. Summons 1/2/3 golden shields that orbit Ezekiel protecting him from a total of 100/150/200 magic damage also having a 10/20/30% to set enemies on fire doing 5/10/20 damage over 2/4/6 sec.

HERO SPELL: The Lords Chosen Weapon. 5/5/5. Summons The Holy Hand grenade of Antioch that does 400/800/1200 true splash damage. (cool down: 45 sec)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:skull:
Vail: Shadow Hunter. (unlocks at stage 7) Black robe with hood, very pale face, mask covering her mouth, black spiked armor on both sholders, glowing red eyes, holding a purple spear made of energy.
Quotes: "Darknesss." "Count the shadows." "Eat DARK ENERGY!" "Dusk rising..."
On Death: "I'll...return."
HP: 300.
DAMAGE: 24-32.
ARMOR: Low.
SPEED: Fast.
Melee: Dark energy spear.

Skills:
Shish-kabob: 1/2/3. Throws her spear and hits up to 1/2/3 enemies, doing 50/60/70 damage with a 10% insta-kill chance (cool down: 15 sec.)

Soul pull: 1/2/3. Vail stretches out her hand and Instantly incinerates 1/2/3 enemies in purple light if they are below 100/200/300 HP and gives Vail regen for 3/5/7 sec also giving Vail a damage boost for 10 sec. (cool down: 15 sec.)

Dark energy: 1/2/3. Fires a dark energy blast from her spear that does 100/200/300 splash damage with a 30/40/50% incineration chance. (cool down: 30 sec.)

Shadow-quake: 2/2/2. Stabs her spear into the ground sending a tremor down the path, damaging all enemies in range for 100/150/200 damage (cool down: 35 sec.)

HERO SPELL: Eclipse. 4/5/6. Opens a shadow portal and summons 3/4/5 Black Phantoms with 100/150/200 HP that do 45-56 damage. (cool down: 60 sec.)

:sheep:
Merlin: Court Wizard. (premium hero: $1.99) Long gray beard, tall dark blue wizards hat and robe with stars, holding a staff.
Quotes: “YOU ARE NOT WORTHY!” “Abracadabra.” “Presto!” “A wizard is never late."
On death: “A wizard cannot die.”
HP: 380.
DAMAGE: 34-46 (magic)
ARMOR: Low.
SPEED: Slow.
Ranged: Magic Staff. (magic)
Melee: Staff.

Skills:
Inferno: 1/2/3. Merlin stabs his staff into the ground as orange light surrounds him and it fires 3/4/5 fire balls that set the ground on fire for 3/4/5 sec, doing 50/60/70 fire damage. (cool down: 15 sec.)

Freezer Burn: 1/1/1. Merlin extends his staff and a blue light surrounds him and sends a blizzard down the path slowing enemies with a 20/30/40% chance of freezing for 1/2/3 sec. (cool down: 20 sec.)

Empowerment: 3/3/3. Merlin holds his staff like a machine-gun and charges up and releases 6/8/10 highly charged magic blasts in rapid succession , doing 34-46/46-58/58-70 magic damage. (cool down: 25 sec.)

Melt-Down: 3/3/3. Merlin points his staff and instantly incinerates 1/2/3 enemies no matter what there health or armor. (cool down: 45 sec.)

HERO SPELL: The Round Table. 4/5/6. Summons: Galahad/Lancelot/Arthur with high armor and special melee and ranged weapons with 150/250/350 HP and do 65 damage. (cool down: 60 sec.)

:veznan:
Grimm: Reaper. Premium Hero ($2.99)
HP: 300.
Damage: 35-42.
Armor: Medium.
Speed: Medium.
Ranged: N/A
Melee: Scythe.

Skills:
Reap: 1/1/1. Grimm hits an enemy he heals himself by 5%, 10%, 15% of the damage he deals. (cool down 9 sec.)

Blight-ning: 1/2/3. Shoots green lightning that links up to 3/4/5 enemies, turning them into very weak skeletons that do 4-6/6-8/8-10 Damage with 50/60/70 HP. (cool down 23 sec.)

Icy Grip: 1/2/3. Grimm reaches out summoning 1/2/3 Icy Hands that grab 1/2/3 enemies, slowing them down to 75%, 50%, 25% of their original speed. (cool down: 25 sec.)

Soul Shields: 2/2/2. Grimm instantly kills 1/2/3 enemies if they are below 100/200/300 HP, sucking theirs souls and using them as shields that orbit him protecting him from a total of 50/100/200 Magic Damage, and regen 50/80/100 HP over 10/8/6. (cool down: 30 sec.)

HERO POWER: 5/5/5. The Grave Diggers Wrath: Grimm releases a large green aura around him for 20/30/40 seconds, anything that dies within it will turned into a skeleton with 10-12/14-16/16-10 Damage with 80/100/150 HP. (cool down: 60 sec.)
Last edited by BigBadWolf on Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:35 pm, edited 30 times in total.
I am your nightmares.
I am your fear.
I am the silent laughs you hear.
I am the Big Bad Wolf, and I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow the house down.
User

Re: KR 4 Hero ideas. (MY 1ST POST)

by AerisDraco » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:20 pm

Welcome!

I always say I'm not a good person for reviews, so you should probably wait for other's opinions.

While the concepts for both heroes are cool, some of their skills are a little boring/have been done before, namely the Hero Spells.

Moved to the Fan Fiction Forum.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by BigBadWolf » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:24 pm

Thanks! I'll take that in to accout!
I am your nightmares.
I am your fear.
I am the Big Bad Wolf, and I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow the house down.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:31 pm

Hi, BigBadWolf, I'm Big Bad Bug. ;) If I'm BBB, then you can be BBW. :P

I like the atmosphere that you create from just the thought of your heroes. They have a very defined aesthetic, committing to their role perfectly. The skills are simple but still cool ones that are interesting, so they make sense as powers for the first heroes in the game. It's the premium heroes that tend to be more complex. ;)

I like the format that you use for the heroes. Describing important things with caps lock is clever, though making it in bold or underlined would be better. To do that, click on the B or u icon above the white box for typing. There are plenty of icons, reading "quote, code, list," and so on. The very first icon with a capital letter B will allow you to make bold font. Just type it inside of brackets that it creates. :)

I'd recommend switching the format for displaying stats. Right now, it's:

300 HP
Med ARMOR

and the sort. Everyone else does this like this:

HP: 300
Armor: Medium

It's up to you, but we all do things that way, so it be more organised if the whole forum followed that format. :)

Finally, Suggestions are the place for ideas about improving the game, while Fanfiction is for specific heroes, towers, enemies, levels, spells, and so on. These are heroes, so a thread like this belongs there, for future reference. :D
BBB

by BigBadWolf » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:55 pm

Thank you BBB for taking the time to review this. I will change the setup of the post in the future, as I said, this is my first post and is not perfect. Again thank you for the few kind words in my horrible/trash/noob thread. And thank you for your input.

BBW
I am your nightmares.
I am your fear.
User

by Ook ook » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:51 pm

I like these heroes especially the angel. the abilities are good I personally like the arrow of light, smite-Ning, and soul pull.

By the way welcom to the forums :D
Long live the tats... Oh and pencil!
Ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook ook
User

by The Kingmaker » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:05 pm

i really like the "less is more" take on hero appearance and lore (especially as I often get too deep in life for my heroes :P )

You have a Monty Python quote, so immediate brownie points there. With the names of hero spells, anything really could work (such as "aaaarrrrrgggghhhh" For the HHGoA) perhaps for their cool downs, Smite-ning and arrow of Light could do a little more damage, or could have little lower cool downs. Beyond that perhaps the shields of light having an additional effect when still up could be a little more interesting. Perhaps a heal, or fire damage, or something equally awesome :D

Vail is equally interesting, with some good points, although a couple of things I might nitpick a tad ;)
First, shish-kabob could do with a little more damage and Soul Pull should either replenish Vail by the amount she disintegrates or give her regeneration for a while to help her get past her poor health. If I might be so bold, I don't like having single passives such as Swiftness on my heroes, but I have nothing against those who do. If I were you (which I am not, so do whatever you want) I would replace it with an equal passive, perhaps giving her a small disintegration chance on basic attacks, or making all of her kills boost her damage, or the damage of the creatures she summons. If you prefer the latter, then perhaps a disintegrate chance on the teleport could work also :P

I hope this feedback helps, and welcome to the forums. Few can claim to arrive with two well made heroes right off the bar
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by BigBadWolf » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:32 pm

Thank you I'm so glad y'all are giving me such good feedback! You right. When I looked back over this I noticed that Vail is a tad bit boring skill wise...so when I have the time to, I'll change a LOT.

BBW
I am your nightmares.
I am your fear.
User

by BigBadWolf » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:15 pm

Above this comment, is that a copy of my post??!?!?!?!

If it is, SORRY!!! I didn't mean to place that there!
I am your nightmares.
I am your fear.
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:16 pm

Yes, it is.
You likely just clicked too many times when submitting. The forum's a little laggy that way.
But, since you posted after it, you can't delete it yourself.
Would you like me to?

(And it's fine. Mistakes happen.)
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by BigBadWolf » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:02 pm

Oh, you can do that? Sure! Thanks!

BBW
I am your nightmares.
I am your fear.
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:32 pm

*swishes hands dramatically*
Mod powers, activate!
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ruby_Hex » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:57 pm

This is pretty cool! All I can really say is maybe add a description of what the heroes look like because right NOW all I'm thinking of is Dierdre 2.0 and some guy in a black cloak.

Also.... Welcome to the forums! (Now I get to do it! Haha! >=D)
Last edited by Ruby_Hex on Sat May 14, 2016 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by Ninja » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:48 pm

Welcome to the forums! Also, you may want to attach a signature to your posts, so you don't have to manually write one out. You can do this by entering the User Control Panel (the link to which is in the top left corner of your screen, under the Ironhide logo), and succesively entering the Profile section, in which can be found the place where you can edit your signature. Furthermore, I would suggest that you make use of the 'Introduction Thread' in the 'General Discussion' forum; currently I'm lamenting the fact that I didn't do just that, and I urge you not to make the same mistake as I did. (Big Bad Wolf and Big Bug Bug. Oh no. :cry:)

Both heroes are intriguing lore/concept-wise, but I'm afraid that they lean towards the UP (underpowered) side of things in terms of abilities. Don't worry about that though, as all of the problems have easily implemented solutions. Both have balanced stats, so I shan't comment on them.

Arrow of Light is UP due to having an extremely long cooldown for its meager damage, even though it be true. Instakills have that long of a cooldown, and single-target powers of relatively weak capability most certainly should not. I would suggest lowering its cooldown to 10 seconds, or increasing the damage it deals to 150/175/225 True Damage while decreasing the cooldown by 6 seconds; whichever is your preference.

Smite-ning again suffers from AoL's problem, but not to such an extent. Decrease the cooldown by 2 seconds. Also, the damage it deals should be True Damage, because it is lightning after all, and on top of that, miraculous lightning.

Holy Orbs is once again UP, but if it dealt AoE magic damage, and each orb dealt 60/70/80 damage, then that could be remedied with utmost swiftness.

Magic Shields is balanced, but only blocking magic damage is a bit of a strange requirement, as almost no enemies deal that particular type of damage. If they just blocked damage of any type, then it would be better. And I like how you added the chance to set enemies on fire to it, because then it isn't a complete rip-off of Arivan's stone shields, if you know what I mean. ;)

Like Kingmaker said, the Hero Spell gets bonus points for the fun Monty Python reference, though it is somewhat plain. Also, it should definitely deal AoE damage in a large AoE for such a long cooldown.

---

Vail's concept is cool, and I like the intriguingly vague description of 'Shadow Hunter' that she (or he?) has.

The first power is good, and its cooldown befitting.

Soul Pull is interesting, but having it give the hero regeneration rather than just straight-up HP is a little odd. At least its original, though. :)

Swiftness is a stat passive, and I personally dislike that sort of thing, because it wastes so much untapped potential that a more interesting ability that complements the playstyle of the hero could have.

Black Magic is kind of lame; I'll give it to you straight. A basic Teleport ability has been done before again and again, and this one is UP to boot. If you could add a unique passive flipside to the ability, then it could be much better. (Also, the cooldown is very long for a teleport.)

I like the Hero Spell because it focuses more on the damage side of calling reinforcements, which is almost unheard of thus far into the series. Though for such a cooldown, they should have even higher damage, perhaps 45-68 would be appropriate.

Overall they are good heroes, but there is much room for improvement here, and such improvements could make them great. :hero:
User

by BigBadWolf » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:08 am

Oops! I ment to say that HHGoA does splash damage!!! Thanks I will work on all of this!!! I know I have soooo much work to do with all these hero's...
I am your nightmares.
I am your fear.
User

by Ninja » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:24 am

BigBadWolf wrote:Oops! I ment to say that HHGoA does splash damage!!! Thanks I will work on all of this!!! I know I have soooo much work to do with all these heroes...

You're welcome. Also, don't worry about the extra work, it'll be worth it in the end. ;)
User

by BigBadWolf » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:31 am

Thanks for all the help...you guys are awesome...and helpful...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
I am your nightmares.
I am your fear.
User

by Ninja » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:40 am

BigBadWolf wrote:Thanks for all the help...you guys are awesome...and helpful...

And thank you for being so open to criticism. :D

(I like your signature; but you don't need to manually separate it from the rest of your post, the forums automatically do that, if you use the actual setting in the User Control Panel to make it. ;) )
User

by BigBadWolf » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:25 am

Thank again!
I am your nightmares.
I am your fear.
User

by Ninja » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:27 am

BigBadWolf wrote:Thank again!

Good, now you have a proper signature. Though you may want to check out what you entered for your avvie, because it isn't able to be viewed at the moment.
User

Next