Kingdom Rush game idea

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Kingdom Rush game idea

by Kingmeep » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:31 pm

I've been a fan of the Kingdom Rush series for years, I've bought and beaten every game, and I think I have a good idea for the future of the series.

-Idea-
An ancient Greek mythology themed Kingdom Rush. I think this would go well with the series as it provides many enemies and heroes. Also, with Ironhide's past experience with Clash of the Olympians, I think it may be a viable option.

-Greek Gods-
For my idea, this game would provide the biggest option of final tower options in the series. Since it will use the 12 major Greek gods, (Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, Athena, Ares, Hera, Demeter, Apollo, Artemis, Aphrodite, Hephaestus, Hermes, and Dionysus), it could have either 12 final towers for each of the 4 tower groups (Bomb, Mage, Archer, and Barracks), or 3 final towers for each group. ( Personally I would prefer having 12 of each group )

-Towers-

Barracks

The barracks would start out as the militia barracks, producing weak farmers wielding rusted short swords, with nothing but clothing. That would upgrade to the Athenian barracks, hosting soldiers wearing iron armor, with small shields, helmets, and sharp short swords. That would then upgrade into the Spartan barracks,
hosting soldiers in bronze armor and helmets, with a red mowhawk and red cape, and bronze spears, which also gives the barracks a throwing ability.

Mages

The mage towers in this game don't change much, just the tower design and mage appearance.

Archers

The Archer towers would start out as the hunter tower, with poor equipment. Next is the Athenian archers, wielding iron bows and arrows. Then the Spartan archers, wielding heavy bronze long bows.

Bombers

In this the bomb towers would be potion throwers, starting out with just water filled glass bottles. That would then upgrade it to the Athenian Chemists, which would then start throwing an orange-y liquid that slows enemy units. Then, it would upgrade into the Spartan bombers, throwing blood-filled potions that slow units.

The End. I know it's kinda short, mostly because I really don't know what it takes to make a game, so just kinda fill in the blanks with the heroes, final towers, and enemies.
User

Re: Kingdom Rush game idea

by RZRider » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:14 pm

For the bombers, I would actually use hephaestus's kids and they could use bombs, greek fire and stuff like that. For the barracks it coukd be ares's kids. You get the idea( hopefully). I would like permission to maybe in the future actually make this into a new kingdom rush game idea that I would post on here.
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by AerisDraco » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:49 pm

Good ideas, though some numbers would be welcome to back it up.

Also, welcome to the forums!
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by magicmetal03 » Sun May 01, 2016 12:31 am

Welcome to the forums,Kingmeep.

For a KR game,tower upgrades,unique enemies,heroes,bosses,descriptions,environmental abilities(like the Genies you can buy from KRF).

Let me just help you a bit.

Starting hero:Hercules

Health:300(Lv.10)
Damage:20~40
Armor:None
Speed:Average

Abilities

Hulk Smash:Costs:2/2/2;Recharge speed:20/17/15 seconds
Does AOE damage to 3/5/7 enemies,dealing 20/40/60 damage.

Courage:Costs:1/2/3
When an enemy with 500 more health appears,his attack rate gains by 10%/15%/20%.

Rage of Hercules:Costs:2/2/2
Each time he loses 60/50/40 health,he gains 15/30/45 attack damage.

Pain:Costs:1/2/3
When an enemy attacks him,the enemy have 20%/30%/40% to take one fourth of the damage.

Hero Skill:Strength Buff:Costs:3/3/3;Recharge:60 seconds
Hercules gains 50/100/150 attack damage for 10/13/15 seconds.

Athens

350 gold;8 tower placing points;7 waves;1 way the enemy can come out and 1 way you have to save.

Enemies:
Roman Soidlers
Satyrs

Roman Soidlers

Health:60/80/100
Damage:3~5(by slicing enemies with their sword)
Speed:Average
Bounty:7

Satyrs
Health:350/380/400
Damage:6~8(Using their goat hooves)
Speed:Fast
Bounty:15

These are just a suggestions,so you can use them or don't and also edit them to make them less OP.Also,look at some of the posts people made here.They created tons of levels.Get some inspiration from them.
Last edited by magicmetal03 on Sun May 01, 2016 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by RZRider » Sun May 01, 2016 12:35 am

I would actually do roman soldiers instead of greek becuase historically romans and greeks were rivals.
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by AerisDraco » Sun May 01, 2016 1:30 am

Mod Action: Moved to Fan Fiction Forum.

@Kingmeep: There are a few other full game ideas, like my KRA or RaZoR LeAf's KRC. You could use formatting from those.
(Also, BTW, Hades isn't one of the Olympian gods, though he is an important god)
My ideas for the tower names:
Archers
Grecian Bowmen
Athenian Bowmen
Spartan Bowmen
Trickster Bowmen (Hermes)
Solar Archers (Apollo)
Lunar Hunters (Artemis)

Barracks
Grecian Conscripts
Athenian Soldiers
Spartan Phalanx
War Boars (More of a name, though there could be an upgrade to ride boars) (Ares)
Tacticians' Fort (Athena)
Hera thing (Last one I guess)

Mages
Grecian Mage
Grecian Priest
Grecian Oracle
Temple of Zeus
Priestess of Demeter
Tidelord (Poseidon)

Artillery
Potion Brewers
Athenian Chemists
Spartan Blood-painters
Hephaestus' Workshop
Dionysus' Winery (Throws bottles of wine)
Aphrodite thing (I dunno; throws love potions)
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by magicmetal03 » Sun May 01, 2016 1:39 am

RZRider wrote:I would actually do roman soldiers instead of greek becuase historically romans and greeks were rivals.

Oh yeah,right.
Well,changed it.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Ninja » Sun May 01, 2016 3:20 pm

Um, guys, I think he was giving a basic suggestion to IH that they could use for a game if they wanted to, and that he meant for them to fill in all the missing information and numbers. If I'm right, then this should still be in Suggestions; though if Kingmeep says that I'm wrong, I won't object.
:hero:
User

by magicmetal03 » Sun May 01, 2016 6:22 pm

3 of the bosses in the game should be Medusa,Cerberus and Kronus.(Main Campaign)
Elite Capaigns:Minotaurs,Typhons,Colchian Dragon,Circe.
Last edited by magicmetal03 on Sun May 01, 2016 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by RZRider » Sun May 01, 2016 6:25 pm

Uh, typhon is alot more powerful then ceberus, dude.
User

by magicmetal03 » Sun May 01, 2016 6:38 pm

RZRider wrote:Uh, typhon is alot more powerful then ceberus, dude.

Ok,fixed it,so new player don't need to do too much strategic plannings,because,well,it is too hard for them.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Juice Box » Mon May 02, 2016 12:32 am

AerisDraco wrote:Mod Action: Moved to Fan Fiction Forum.

@Kingmeep: There are a few other full game ideas, like my KRA or RaZoR LeAf's KRC. You could use formatting from those.
(Also, BTW, Hades isn't one of the Olympian gods, though he is an important god)
My ideas for the tower names:
Archers
Grecian Bowmen
Athenian Bowmen
Spartan Bowmen
Trickster Bowmen (Hermes)
Solar Archers (Apollo)
Lunar Hunters (Artemis)

Barracks
Grecian Conscripts
Athenian Soldiers
Spartan Phalanx
War Boars (More of a name, though there could be an upgrade to ride boars) (Ares)
Tacticians' Fort (Athena)
Hera thing (Last one I guess)

Mages
Grecian Mage
Grecian Priest
Grecian Oracle
Temple of Zeus
Priestess of Demeter
Tidelord (Poseidon)

Artillery
Potion Brewers
Athenian Chemists
Spartan Blood-painters
Hephaestus' Workshop
Dionysus' Winery (Throws bottles of wine)
Aphrodite thing (I dunno; throws love potions)

Why are the Athenians all-around lower in tier than the Spartans? Weren't those guys way smarter, with better weapons and everything?
User

by AerisDraco » Mon May 02, 2016 1:05 am

If I remember correctly, Athenians were regarded as smarter, and IRL had a better navy. Conversely, Sparta was more war-like, and IRL had a better army.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by magicmetal03 » Mon May 02, 2016 1:33 am

AerisDraco wrote:If I remember correctly, Athenians were regarded as smarter, and IRL had a better navy. Conversely, Sparta was more war-like, and IRL had a better army.

Yeah,the Athenians are much smarter.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Juice Box » Mon May 02, 2016 1:46 am

AerisDraco wrote:If I remember correctly, Athenians were regarded as smarter, and IRL had a better navy. Conversely, Sparta was more war-like, and IRL had a better army.

So wouldn't it be better if Athens had stronger archers/artillery? To somehow show their navy power even though KR doesn't have a navy. You know, archers, artillery, navy, taking the enemy down before they even reach our soul, etc.
User

by Tenshi5 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:29 pm

https://kingdomrushtd.wikia.com/wiki/Us ... leComments
Here is my concept for a Heracles hero for Kingdom Rush.
:hero: Yeah :hero:
User

by Flamechar33 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:46 pm

It looks like this has become a “community creates a Greek based KR game” thread. I’m not sure about what Hera’s tower should be (and Hermes is tricky) so I’ll do the Solar Archers and Lunar Hunters (Nothing here is permanent):

Solar Archers

Build Cost: 250
Damage: 25-40
Range: Great
Fire Rate: Medium

Passive: Always Hits
Skills:
Sonic Whistle (300/150/150)
Level 1: Creates a harsh whistle every 6 seconds that stuns all enemies in range for 3 seconds
Level 2: Stun lasts for 5 seconds
Level 3: Whistle now deals 10 true damage and lowers Armor one stage.
Sun’s Rays (350/250/250)
Level 1: Fires a harsh sunbeam that deals 60-75 True damage in a small area every so often.
Level 2: Sunbeam deals 80-95 damage.
Level 3: Sunbeam deals 100-120 Damage

Lunar Hunters

Build Cost: 250
Damage: 45-60
Range: Great
Fire Rate: Medium

Passive: Always Hits
Skills:
Hunter’s Eye (300/200/200)
Level 1: Every 10 seconds, fires an arrow anywhere on the map for 50-70 damage.
Level 2: Shoots two arrows every 9 seconds.
Level 3: Shoots three arrows every 8 seconds.
Moonbeams (250/250/250)
Level 1: Moonbeams deal 50-65 true damage and decreases target’s evasiveness by 5% every so often.
Level 2: Moonbeams deal 70-85 true damage and decrease evasiveness by 7%.
Level 3: Moonbeams deal 90-100 damage and decrease evasiveness by 10%.

It will be good to see what else everyone else will do.
Time to get a new signature, and to replace my avatar.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:16 pm

It looks like this thread died in 2016 and has been revived when it shouldn't have been. I'm all for sharing ideas, but I think if you want to do so, you should do it in a new thread, rather than one that's been inactive for 2 years.
Yes it's me