SUGGESTION and bug report

For the King!

SUGGESTION and bug report

by danei » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:22 am

Ok after 2 weeks playing this awesome game, I finally get all achievements done, however there is a bug regarding achievements' description:
The description of left column get eaten...
My version is 1.043

Well and some suggestion:
1) Barbarian is almost useless. They die fast even behind 2 earth elements and a group of paladins. I got my "are you not entertained" achievement by putting 3 earth elements and 2 groups of paladins in front of 1 group of fully upgraded barbarians and keeping towers a distance from them, and after about 10 minutes killing wolves and skeletons did I get the achievement.
So plz consider giving barbarians more damage and make nets useful (the range of nets makes it hardly do anything). And the upgrade price for throwing axes is also very expensive, or barbarians will be totally useless if they can't throw axes.
2) Tesla is almost useless compared to big bertha. Heavy single point damage? no, effective area damage? no, any special effect? no...That's why. I'll not build it unless for achievement.
Maybe giving them better damage and longer range will make it more interesting. Ignoring armor and magic resist will also be fun.
3) Archer towers are only useful when they're in lv4 and lv5 when artillery is quite useful at lv2 and lv3.
4) Iron challenge of lv3 and lv4 are too hard, because archer towers' damage output is so weak, thus time for spell of Rain of Fire need to be extremely precise.
So plz do something to improve archer towers.
User

Re: SUGGESTION and bug report

by danei » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:31 am

Oh I forget to mention, Vez'nan is too weak compared to other bosses. He died first time at the 1st corner and second time before the 2nd corner, even J.T walked further than him.
Double the hp of Vez'nan and it will be more challenging.
User

by lito88 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:49 pm

danei

Great Suggestions!, about this strange bug!! can you tell me which Flash version, OS and Browser are you using? We will try to fix that on the next release.
Ironhide Developer

by danei » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:12 pm

lito88 wrote:danei
Great Suggestions!, about this strange bug!! can you tell me which Flash version, OS and Browser are you using? We will try to fix that on the next release.

OK
Browser: Opera 12, Build 1042. And I also tried ie9 and chrome 13. Oh I guess you use flash's local storage to save progress? I played on opera and the progress is shared in other browsers.
Flash ver: 10.3.183.5

I guess it's due to flash update recently (I use a tool called Alternative Flash Player Auto-Updater to check flash update everyday), because when I started playing it the description is fine, it happened after I got my last achievement "are you not entertained" and before that there was an update for flash.
User

by lito88 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Ok, great, we will try to fix it on the next release. Thanks for the info!
And yes, we use shared objects.
Ironhide Developer

by Julian » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:13 pm

First, I encountered the very same bug as Danei. I have another OS than he does and use another browser, so I guess it's either a fault in the game's code or in flash :)

About your suggestions:
1)
I do not fully agree with you here. Barbarians, although overall weaker than paladins, come in handy quite some times and I got the 'are you not entertained?'-achievement without even protecting my barbarians. Upgrading or changing their hunting nets ability would be great though, currently those don't seem to make any big difference and barbarians already have throwing axes to counter aerial enemies.
2) Make teslas do magic damage and it will be fine ^^
3) I do not agree. A level 4 ranged tower costs 570 gold, a level 3 artillery tower costs 565. And besides that, not all towers have to be of equal strenght when they're of the same level. The tower choice depends on the situation.
4) Again I do not agree. Everything is easy with the right tactic, and trying to find that specific tactic is part of the fun :)
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by Palon » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:47 pm

Julian wrote:First, I encountered the very same bug as Danei. I have another OS than he does and use another browser, so I guess it's either a fault in the game's code or in flash :)

About your suggestions:
1)
I do not fully agree with you here. Barbarians, although overall weaker than paladins, come in handy quite some times and I got the 'are you not entertained?'-achievement without even protecting my barbarians. Upgrading or changing their hunting nets ability would be great though, currently those don't seem to make any big difference and barbarians already have throwing axes to counter aerial enemies.
2) Make teslas do magic damage and it will be fine ^^
3) I do not agree. A level 4 ranged tower costs 570 gold, a level 3 artillery tower costs 565. And besides that, not all towers have to be of equal strenght when they're of the same level. The tower choice depends on the situation.
4) Again I do not agree. Everything is easy with the right tactic, and trying to find that specific tactic is part of the fun :)

1) +1 to that - IMO barbarians are good enough, they just serve a diferent purpose than paladins - DD vs Tank thats it
2) magic damage might give a boost but still i think it would be not enough - bertha not only has more dmg but also better range and the infinite range missle, thats the main advanage i personally favour.
3) also +1 to that - i personally like the archer towers simply becouse they are cheaper and - wrath of the forest rulz btw.
4) ALSO +1 to that - once u figure it out, its easy :) Imo one of the best thing that Ironhide did in KR is BALANCE and im quite sure they know this.

From another sugestion pool of mine:

a) musketeer towers... well, its cool that they have the range etc, but they are inferior to ranger towers anyway. Imo it might be a good idea to totally rework musketeer towers giving them only like a 30 degree angle of fire that would be controllable by player instead of 360 degree angle - but instead, even more range and more firepower. Thanks to that, more clicking to do in game and more point to the tower itsealf. Snipe shot... inferior to mage towers, scatter shot... inferior to artilerry - and even if You have both upgrades, its simpy too expensive.

b) about the unique map settings like elven warriors, sunray, sasquatch - might be a good idea to reverse the situation and give the enemy a unique weapon that would be destroyable either by:
*meteor
*reinforcements
*building towers nearby
* Your own special weapon that would fire while You pay money (just like recruiting elves for example)
The weapon itsealf could shoot at Your soldiers, disable towers, buff enemies etc.

c) cutscenes, music etc - it will sure give KR more popularity - that is if You can afford it. I for once cliecked on "credits" and thus i can see You guys used 3rd party companies for all the sound effects. Please add a "support" button so that people who really love this game can donate You, so that You can make even more better games and so that You guys are even more motivated to do so.

d) about the skill tree, it might be a good idea to add more skills than there are actually total stars - so that You can't buy ALL, but You have to choose whats best for current map and chalange.

e) many ppl mentioned this before but the last boss is 2 weak.... seriously, he is a wimp - J.T was the strongest boss, but even tough, he was not so scary (all boss fights are very fun anyway :) ). So - the point is, BOSS should freakin kill Your ass, when i see a boss i want to DIE and restart the lvl thinking about "damn... how should i prepare for this incoming mother****er" and than i should DIE again... just for the pure punishment of beeing wrong as for my strategy. Than i should go to sleep becouse its 3am already, than in the morning, when i get up, the first thing before my breakfast will be launching Kingdom Rush becouse i had a vision of how to defeat the damn boss. Than maybe, i will be worthy of scoring the boss frag.

Oh and..

Gunnar wrote: He quoted me and wrote something about easter eggs that looked like a secret lvl etc.

Actually what i ment was rather something more sophisticated than just random click and - oops there You go, a secret lvl - damn !! good for U :D I know i was not percise about this but i just have faith in Ironhide that the 3 dudes over there will make a nice suprise. I just think the interaction lvl that makes You catch the damn fish, kill the damn sheep with clicking and even non-rewarding clicking the windmill on few 1st maps to watch them spin on and off - is COOL. It might just fit when You notice something extra while looking carefully at the world map. The secret should not benefit the main storyline in any way, no stars, no bonus, just pure fun - it might also be nice to make changes on the map after some scenarios so that the secret will not be available from the 1st map.

Oh and... Gunnar - thx for liking my previous sugestions overall :)

Hail to all Kingdom Rush fans !

Hail Ironhide !

Hail Uruguay !

Hail..... its a nice word.... ^_^
User

by danei » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:14 am

1) I do not fully agree with you here. Barbarians, although overall weaker than paladins, come in handy quite some times and I got the 'are you not entertained?'-achievement without even protecting my barbarians.

OK it might be my own problem, I guess I haven't find the right way. So could I ask do you use one group of barbarians at one path or many groups together? and normally what kind of enemies you choose to against, weak but massive ones like wolves and skeletons, or tough but few ones like dark slayers? And could you tell me at which stage did you get the achievement?
3) also +1 to that - i personally like the archer towers simply becouse they are cheaper and - wrath of the forest rulz btw.

Well, I share the same idea that archer towers are useful when they are in lv4 and lv5, but my point is, when they are in lv1 and 2, they do too little damage to kill wolves that if I had a chance, I'd choose artillery plus magic tower rather than archer towers at the start of game.
4) ALSO +1 to that - once u figure it out, its easy Imo one of the best thing that Ironhide did in KR is BALANCE and im quite sure they know this.

Oh could any one of you so kindly give me a demo showing how to do in iron challenge of stage 4 at normal difficulty? I did similar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NgE8JFXEiM , and if I miss the time to release Rain of Fire I would be overwhelmed... the iron challenges after stage 4 are quite too easy for me that I hardly need a second try.
a) musketeer towers...

Well musketeer towers do more dps than arcane wizards in S shape map(of course you need 1 sorcerer mage or 2 to reduce armor of dark slayers) and I've experimented it against J.T. and verified. And they're extremely effective against snow wolves and shamans, which are quite annoying for arcane wizards.
e) many ppl mentioned this before but the last boss is 2 weak.... seriously

Totally agree. Now the 2 bosses are just big guys with little more hp and periodically lock your towers like a 4-year old naughty boy...
User

by Palon » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:06 am

danei wrote:Oh could any one of you so kindly give me a demo showing how to do in iron challenge of stage 4 at normal difficulty? I did similar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NgE8JFXEiM , and if I miss the time to release Rain of Fire I would be overwhelmed... the iron challenges after stage 4 are quite too easy for me that I hardly need a second try.

Well, as i mentioned before.... i am lazy ^_^ so i will not make a demo. But there are many ways to complete this challange. Mine was different. I made 2 choke points with upgraded archer towers - more funds to the right where wolves go. Once wolves build up on the right, meteor. When they build up 2 much for the 2nd time - i just add more towers along the way. I also constantly press the speed up wave button to have more and more reinforcements and speed up meteor. The choke on the right needs to have 3xlvl2 towers that all intersect ranges +2x barracks - once footmen die, upgrade to have fresh soldiers. This would not work without meteor obviously, but its totally different than the vid You posted.
User

by danei » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:49 pm

Well, then you misled me, iron challenge has only 1 super wave...there's no way to speedup waves...
User

by Julian » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Palon wrote:d) about the skill tree, it might be a good idea to add more skills than there are actually total stars - so that You can't buy ALL, but You have to choose whats best for current map and chalange.

I do not agree here, being able to buy all upgrades when you have all stars is a good thing in my opinion, as it makes completing everything feel more rewarding :)

Palon wrote:e) many ppl mentioned this before but the last boss is 2 weak.... seriously, he is a wimp - J.T was the strongest boss, but even tough, he was not so scary (all boss fights are very fun anyway :) ). So - the point is, BOSS should freakin kill Your ass, when i see a boss i want to DIE and restart the lvl thinking about "damn... how should i prepare for this incoming mother****er" and than i should DIE again... just for the pure punishment of beeing wrong as for my strategy. Than i should go to sleep becouse its 3am already, than in the morning, when i get up, the first thing before my breakfast will be launching Kingdom Rush becouse i had a vision of how to defeat the damn boss. Than maybe, i will be worthy of scoring the boss frag.

Agreed, although J.T. was the most simple boss of them all in my humble opinion ^.^ : http://i55.tinypic.com/dphbtg.jpg

danei wrote:OK it might be my own problem, I guess I haven't find the right way. So could I ask do you use one group of barbarians at one path or many groups together? and normally what kind of enemies you choose to against, weak but massive ones like wolves and skeletons, or tough but few ones like dark slayers? And could you tell me at which stage did you get the achievement?

I got the achievement at stage 8 (icewind pass), by building one barbarian mead hall at the center of the three lowest strategic points. I supported them using reinforcements and upgraded their axes and throwing axes as soon as possible. After that I mainly used my money on protecting the higher monster spawn point, so my barbarians only had to deal with the lower monster spawn point. And barbarians work best against weaker enemies :)
I replayed it and this is how I placed everything at the end of the level: http://i54.tinypic.com/e0o507.jpg
The spear throw upgrade makes it a lot easier to counter aerial enemies until you build your arcane wizard towers, so I recommend getting it if you don't have it yet.

danei wrote:Oh could any one of you so kindly give me a demo showing how to do in iron challenge of stage 4 at normal difficulty? I did similar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NgE8JFXEiM , and if I miss the time to release Rain of Fire I would be overwhelmed... the iron challenges after stage 4 are quite too easy for me that I hardly need a second try.

Here's how I did it: the important thing is to build as many level 2 archer towers to cover the right side as possible before sending the wave.
Start like this: http://i51.tinypic.com/2i1jg2f.jpg
Continue doing this counter-clockwise and use your reforcements and rain of fire to attack the goblins.
At the end of the level it should look like this: http://i54.tinypic.com/2qs036a.jpg

Good luck with it :)
Arrogance isn't being positive about yourself, but thinking your opinion is better than someone else's.
User

by danei » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:52 pm

I got the achievement at stage 8 (icewind pass), by building one barbarian mead hall at the center of the three lowest strategic points. I supported them using reinforcements and upgraded their axes and throwing axes as soon as possible. After that I mainly used my money on protecting the higher monster spawn point, so my barbarians only had to deal with the lower monster spawn point. And barbarians work best against weaker enemies :)
I replayed it and this is how I placed everything at the end of the level: http://i54.tinypic.com/e0o507.jpg
The spear throw upgrade makes it a lot easier to counter aerial enemies until you build your arcane wizard towers, so I recommend getting it if you don't have it yet.

Nice! I forgot spiders are weaker than wolves and skeletons, I've try next round.
And yes I've got spear upgrade already.
Thx.
But I still feel a little sorry that barbarians, as some top level units, can only deal with those weakest enemies, while upgraded paladins can stand still in front of most tough ones including dark slayers and yetis.
Here's how I did it: the important thing is to build as many level 2 archer towers to cover the right side as possible before sending the wave.
Start like this: http://i51.tinypic.com/2i1jg2f.jpg
Continue doing this counter-clockwise and use your reforcements and rain of fire to attack the goblins.
At the end of the level it should look like this: http://i54.tinypic.com/2qs036a.jpg

Good luck with it :)

I've never thought that I can leave left path fully empty to goblins...OK I'll try it asap.
You're a damn smart guy!
User

by danei » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:12 am

Julian, I've tried your strategy and the challenge is never as easy as this time.
You're a genius.
User

by Julian » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:22 pm

Great and thanks :)
User