Hero: Illusionist Kai

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Hero: Illusionist Kai

by FastAndBlast » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:31 am

Illusionist Kai
The ultimate master of deception is always in more than one place at a time. In the dark alleys of Kingdulthur it is Kai's job to get rid of brigands and mafia and in some cases investigate cases of murder. As one Kai controls his replicas to speak, fight and act like him. :D

Kai has a spear that glows yellow, light silver armor that only covers his torso and not covering his arms. As well as brown leather boots. his features are of a young man with brown hair. :)

Stats

- 100 health (increases with 50 each level)
- None / Light armor lvl 4/ Medium armor lvl 8
- Melee attacker
- 10 - 20 melee damage (max damage increases by 7 with each level)
- Medium attack speed
- Slow speed / Medium speed lvl 6 movement speed
- When Kai is 10% health or below Kai leaves an illusion to fight for him and becomes invisible himself for 3 seconds (stops any overkill damage by transfering it onto the illusion ;) )

Illusions are replicas of Kai and look exactly like him but much... yellower (to see who he actually is ;) )

Abilities

Illusionism: Kai has a chance to create an illusion every attack
Chance: 20% / 40% / 60%
Cost: 3 / 3 / 3
Illusion Damage: 10% / 20% / 40% (of Kai's damage)
Illusion Health: 10% / 20% / 40% (of Kai's health)
Illusion Armor: 10% / 20% / 30%
Illusion Duration: 2 / 3 / 5 seconds

Phantom: Summons a phantom to haunt your enemies. The phantom cannot take damage as well as not being able to block enemies.
Cost: 1 / 2 / 3
Damage: 70% (of Kai's damage)
Duration: 6 / 8 / 12 seconds
Cooldown: 35 / 30 / 25

Rush: Rushes towards an enemy and creates 2 illusions to rush with him. Kai gains 100% extra movement speed and Kai does double damage on strike (cannot be cast while Kai is in combat)
Cost: 2 / 1 / 2
Cooldown: 30 / 25 / 20

Rapid Strikes: Strikes 3 times rapidly doing extra 25 True damage with each strike and has 50% / 75% / 100% of creating an illusion on each strike
Cost: 1 / 2 / 3
Cooldown: 24

Hero Spell: Illusionist's Resign: For every enemy in the target area, create an illusion of themselves which blocks and fights them
Cost: 2 / 3 / 5
Damage: 10% / 20% / 30% (of enemy's damage)
Cooldown: 100 / 80 / 70

if Kai has all his skills ready he would use them in this order:
- Rush
- Rapid Strikes
- Phantom

BTW i used your post as a template Manijure thank you (might have tweaked it a bit ;) )
is he a bit OP? :?:
Or UP? :?:

[+] SPOILER
Legendary sheep - :sheep:

I think he would soooo fun to play with :yey:
Last edited by FastAndBlast on Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
I am the mighty Pixel Artist
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User

Re: Hero: Illusionist Kai

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:23 pm

FastandNullified wrote:Illusions are replicants of Kai and look exactly like him but much... yellowyer (to see who he actually is ;) )

Replicants should be replicas and yellowyer should be yellower. Therefore, this hero is nullified. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
BBB

by FastAndBlast » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:37 am

:?
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:27 am

#dontworryiwillreviewitaftersomequestions ;)

#whatarehislevel10stats ;)

#howareplayersgoingtoknowallofthechangesperupgradeforhisactivatedabilities ;)

#wheredoillusionsspawnwhenKaisummonsthem ;)
BBB

by FastAndBlast » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:52 am

#IllusionsSpawnNextToHimAndEitherFindAnotherTargetToBlockOrFightTheTargetKaiIsFighting

No Hashtags:
Illusions spawn next to Kai and either find another target to block or fight the target Kai is fighting

Level 10 Stats:
Health - 550
Armor - Medium (60%)
Damage - 10 - 80 melee physical damage
Attack Speed - Medium
Movement Speed - Medium
;)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:56 am

So does that mean that he starts at level 1 since you mention that he has 100 HP to start?
BBB

by FastAndBlast » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:09 am

Yes and then he gains 50 hp each level
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:17 pm

If he starts with 100 HP, grows by 50 per level, then he ends at 550 at lvl 10 because there are 9 level ups required.

So, if he starts with 10-20 damage and the maximum grows by 7, then his damage should be 10-83. ;) By the way, I really like that his maximum damage grows a lot but his minimum stays the same. That's really cool. :D

Does Kai always leave Illusions when at 10% HP? Doesn't this make him invulnerable?

Let's think about Illusions for a little bit. He has a 60% every attack to spawn a unit with 60% of his HP and damage? That's 330 HP and 6~50 damage for 5 seconds! It's pretty good to have a skill that adds 30-250 damage per use, and can occur multiple times while another Illusion is active. ;)

Phantom is more balanced, and well-done. It's pretty creepy to have a phantom attacking enemies but nit being able to get hurt back. Does the Phantom have a fast movement speed?

So, Kai summons 3 additional copies of himself, and all 4 of them deal double damage? 8 x 10-83 = 80-664 damage, every 20 seconds. That's really OP. If the Illusions have 60% of Kai's damage, the 3 of them still add 36-300 damage for a total of 56-466 damage, which is less OP but still very OP.

Rapid Strikes is an interesting way of creating more Illusions, but there's too much that changes. Hero skills either gain more damage/effects or decrease in cooldown, but never both. The cooldown changes so drastically, too, that it becomes OP.

His Hero Spell is perfect. I really like it because it doesn't copy (get it? Copy?!?) Changelings but utilizes the awesome concept of using enemies' high stats against themselves. ;)
BBB

by FastAndBlast » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:45 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:If he starts with 100 HP, grows by 50 per level, then he ends at 550 at lvl 10 because there are 9 level ups required.

So, if he starts with 10-20 damage and the maximum grows by 7, then his damage should be 10-83. ;) By the way, I really like that his maximum damage grows a lot but his minimum stays the same. That's really cool. :D

Does Kai always leave Illusions when at 10% HP? Doesn't this make him invulnerable?

Let's think about Illusions for a little bit. He has a 60% every attack to spawn a unit with 60% of his HP and damage? That's 330 HP and 6~50 damage for 5 seconds! It's pretty good to have a skill that adds 30-250 damage per use, and can occur multiple times while another Illusion is active. ;)

Phantom is more balanced, and well-done. It's pretty creepy to have a phantom attacking enemies but nit being able to get hurt back. Does the Phantom have a fast movement speed?

So, Kai summons 3 additional copies of himself, and all 4 of them deal double damage? 8 x 10-83 = 80-664 damage, every 20 seconds. That's really OP. If the Illusions have 60% of Kai's damage, the 3 of them still add 36-300 damage for a total of 56-466 damage, which is less OP but still very OP.

Rapid Strikes is an interesting way of creating more Illusions, but there's too much that changes. Hero skills either gain more damage/effects or decrease in cooldown, but never both. The cooldown changes so drastically, too, that it becomes OP.

His Hero Spell is perfect. I really like it because it doesn't copy (get it? Copy?!?) Changelings but utilizes the awesome concept of using enemies' high stats against themselves. ;)

I got it wrong, it's 10 - 83 damage ;)

When Kai gets to 10 % hp he becomes invisible (which basicly means enemies ingnore him and he ignores them BUT if there is any area damage/stun/spell Kai will get affected by it)

Phantom has fast movement speed but cannot block enemies or can't take damage from them

I changed it so it's more balanced :)

Changelog
[+] SPOILER
Made illusions that Kai spawns with less health and damage
Tweaked Rush so that it only Kai does double double as well as summoning only 2 illusions ;D
Phantom now always deals 70% damage but at the start only has 6 seconds duration :D

Thanks for the Review! :D
User