Vaati's Tower Ideas

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Vaati's Tower Ideas

by Vaati » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:41 pm

I've been really into Kingdom Rush ever since the original came to Android and iOS, and I've always had different tower ideas in my head, so I've decided to share some of my ideas with this amazing community! I hope you like them!

Note: These ideas are intended for Origins!

Chronomancer (300G)

"It's time to die!"

Alive long before King Denas, these ancient wizards have the ability to manipulate time, and harness it's powers to avoid catastrophe.

These powerful mages are dressed in ornately decorated gold and blue robes. They hold a long wooden staff in one hand, and a stopwatch in the other. They stand atop a thin, but tall clock tower with spinning gears visible on the front.

Damage: 37-51
Speed: Slow, once every 2 seconds
Range: Great (an improvement from lvl 3, but not as good as Extreme.)

Secondary: After being idle for 6s, a golden spinning gear will form above the tower and rocket towards the strongest enemy in range dealing 121-147 damage as True Damage, and teleport the enemy backwards down the path.

Rewind: (25s; 300/250/250 G) Any wounded or dead allies in the range of the tower are reset to full health, and all enemies half of the tower's range are sent back to the beginning of the path, retaining all damage dealt before.
(A golden aura appears around the clock tower, and the hands on the clock spin rapidly.)

"Turn back the clock!"

Time Paradox: (35s; 400/350/350 G) Deals 750/1,000/1,500 damage as True Damage to the strongest enemy on the battlefield, while dealing 200/300/400 damage as True Damage to any enemies near the tears along the path.
(Small tears appear along the path releasing strange purple magic.)

"Paradoxes won't stop us... they'll only stop you."

School of Magic (275G)

"Abracadabra!"

Founded by the great wizard, Thumbledoor, this school advances the skills of the few children that have magical potential, creating great wizards!

A cathedral like tower with many small spires jutting out of the top, all surrounding an extra tall and thick spire. The school has a large gate that opens up to let the students out.

HP: 280
Regen: 24
Melee: 7-12 Thwack enemies with books
Ranged: 18-23
Armor: None
Respawn: 16s
Units: 3

Secondary: Enemies hit by ranged attacks have a 15% chance to be silenced for 4s.

Dark Arts: (16s; 200/150/150 G) Deals 150/200/250 damage as True Damage to the enemy hit, along with dealing 100/150/200 damage as True Damage to the student.
(One of the students fires a black bolt of magic, targeting the nearest enemy.)

"You are fighting that which is unfixed, mutating and indestructible." -Professor Snape

Charm: (18s; 150/100/100 G) Causes up to 2/4/6 enemies to fight against any other enemies until death or for 6/8/10s.
(When enemies are charmed, they turn a shade of purple/pink.)

"Aren't I just charming?"

Spectral Blade: (16; 175/150/150 G) Deals 150/175/200% of the students damage.
(A blue blade appears behind the enemy and stabs through it.)

"Do you believe in ghosts?"

I will be adding more towers as I come up with them! If you have any suggestions, feel free to tell me!
Last edited by Vaati on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"MUWAHAHAHAHA!"
User

Re: Vaati's Tower Ideas

by Magnus0 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:32 pm

The Chronomancer is underpowered. It's damage is way too unreliable to make it worth using. The passive is cool, but 10% is too low of a percentage to make up for the low damage. I think you should increase the chance for the passive to about 50% while lowering the damage and teleport distance, or get rid of the percentage completely. For example, the chrono passive could trigger (references) after every kill or something.

Time paradox is also pretty underwhelming really. It's cooldown is twice as long as most instakill abilities. The fact that it deals area damage kinda makes up for that, but Eldritch doom can do that too. The damage to your allies part is also 'OP'. It can instantly kill two tier three barrack's units, which is really not what you want. Sure, you can revive your soldiers with rewind, but I think you should get rid of it completely. Instead of giving the ability a ridiculously high cooldown, it's better to make it a higher price to balance the ability.

About the school of magic, I think it's balanced better, although I like the concept of the chronomancer more. The respawn is a bit on the long side for how quickly the students die, especially considering Dark arts pretty much kills them anyway. This self destruct damage should be lowered. Also, dark arts should have a seperate cooldown for every student so that you won't lose any damage potential if a student is dead while the ability comes off cooldown.

Charm is really cool. It's cheap, quite low on cooldown and it can have significan't impact. The only thing that could be more balanced is the duration, which should be lowered. Imagine 6 evokers targeting a twilight golem. They can't kill the golem within 12 seconds of course, which means that you pretty much have a 12-second stun for 7 enemies, which is just OP.

Petrify is a bit OP. It's basically a stronger slumber arrow. I think you should make it more destinct from SA by adding other effects or by replacing it alltogether. It also doesn't have any upgrades.

So yeah, I like it. The concepts have been done before, but the abilities are pretty unique. It's not very well-balanced, but it certainly isn't bad for your first try.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

Re: Vaati's Tower Ideas

by Vaati » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:12 pm

Magnus0 wrote:The Chronomancer is underpowered. It's damage is way too unreliable to make it worth using. The passive is cool, but 10% is too low of a percentage to make up for the low damage. I think you should increase the chance for the passive to about 50% while lowering the damage and teleport distance, or get rid of the percentage completely. For example, the chrono passive could trigger (references) after every kill or something.

I have balanced the Chronomancer by increasing it's damage, and made it so the passive only triggers when the tower has been idle for six seconds.

Magnus0 wrote:Time paradox is also pretty underwhelming really. It's cooldown is twice as long as most instakill abilities. The fact that it deals area damage kinda makes up for that, but Eldritch doom can do that too. The damage to your allies part is also 'OP'. It can instantly kill two tier three barrack's units, which is really not what you want. Sure, you can revive your soldiers with rewind, but I think you should get rid of it completely. Instead of giving the ability a ridiculously high cooldown, it's better to make it a higher price to balance the ability.

I've decreased the cooldown to thirty-five seconds, but also increased the price to upgrade. I also made it so it doesn't deal damage to allies.

Magnus0 wrote:About the school of magic, I think it's balanced better, although I like the concept of the chronomancer more. The respawn is a bit on the long side for how quickly the students die, especially considering Dark arts pretty much kills them anyway. This self destruct damage should be lowered. Also, dark arts should have a seperate cooldown for every student so that you won't lose any damage potential if a student is dead while the ability comes off cooldown.

I decreased the respawn time to sixteen seconds, decreased the self destruct damage, and made it so only one of the students performs Dark Arts.

Magnus0 wrote:Charm is really cool. It's cheap, quite low on cooldown and it can have significan't impact. The only thing that could be more balanced is the duration, which should be lowered. Imagine 6 evokers targeting a twilight golem. They can't kill the golem within 12 seconds of course, which means that you pretty much have a 12-second stun for 7 enemies, which is just OP.

I decreased the duration of Charm to make it less overpowered.

Magnus0 wrote:Petrify is a bit OP. It's basically a stronger slumber arrow. I think you should make it more destinct from SA by adding other effects or by replacing it alltogether. It also doesn't have any upgrades.

I completely removed Petrify, and replaced it with a hopefully more balanced spell called Spectral Blade.

Thanks so much for your feedback! It really helped me understand what was too overpowered, and what was too underpowered, and hopefully now I'll be able to make balanced towers!
"MUWAHAHAHAHA!"
User