No votes
Entry 9
10%

Total votes : 20

Re: Hero Design Contest Voting

by Ruby_Hex » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:56 pm

Ninja wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:
Ninja wrote:Hate for Entry 9? There's like only one comment that could be considered hate towards it.

Yours and Ruby Hex's posts are both demeaning to Entry 9, and FDK's could imply negativity. ;)

That isn't hate. I said it was funny, but that's all. I'm not hating on it; I actually think it's a very good entry. The humor is masterful. My only problem with it is that it appears that the creator of Entry 9 only put effort in to create a funny hero, rather than an interestingly lore-backgrounded hero with a cool playstyle. Heroes aren't meant to be big jokes, no matter how funny the jokes are.

I agree with a lot of what Ninja said about the entry and I didn't mean to hate against it. It is, like Ninja said, a very funny idea, and possibly many people like it for more than just the humor. I also can't deny that I felt at least a little envious. I apologize. However, as I said before, I guess I was kinda' worried that people would overlook factors simply because of it's humor, but I now see that I may have been the one who was overlooking factors. :oops:
BUT... I still don't see how my comment is "demeaning." I tried to make it sound as un-aggressive and neutral as possible, while still getting my point across. :?
Hope this clears everything up! :)
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:24 pm

Excuse my wording. This is what happens when I don't re-read my posts before I make them. :P

There's no hate and no demeaning anywhere, I just meant to sum up all of negativity, which isn't that severe anyways. ;)
BBB

by Ruby_Hex » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:36 pm

Ah, okay. Thanks!
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by The Kingmaker » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:25 pm

I've voted now

Next time, having the title of the hero/MC/whatever where appropriate next to the entry number in the poll would be ideal for reference.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by tmn loveblue » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:38 am

I would have voted for Entry 9, but the humor goes a bit too far and some parts of it sounds blankly insulting to me. Although, the Hero Spell is very nice, OP but have cool concept, BBB's fright infliction skill is unique, and the overall design is good in terms of how so much joke could be put into it.

The Big Bad Wolf is a good entry, too, but his HP is too low and Devour heals too little, which stopped me from voting for it. It's a shame since Alfred is very well designed, his personality, backstory, quotes, skills, everything is so nicely made, but his stats is just too low.

So I voted for the Shadow Stalker, who has powerful base damage, powerful skills, a good invisibility with a short cool-down that makes him more awesome, and a distinct play-style that resembles an assassin a lot. I imagine he requires much micro to move him in and out of combat according to whether Void Haze is up, since he is fragile without it, and micro around the map to stalk and take out high priority targets or chunk out their HP. His extremely efficient fighting method couples with great burst damage makes a deadly combo. Overall, I like him a lot.
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:15 am

Anyone noticed the Shadow Stalker's name is Zeratul shuffled?
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by Ninja » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:32 am

I'm not going to vote until the last minute, on account of that I want to be the definitive tiebreaker of any possible ties in the voting. :twisted:
:hero:
User

by Juice Box » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:31 am

Shifting my vote from Entry 9 to Entry 3. Ninth entry is definitely amusing and all, and I appreciate that someone made a hero involved with me, but Entry 3 is just darn cool :b . Zeratul ftw!!
User

by Ninja » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:36 pm

Ooh, a tie! :twisted:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:12 pm

Ninja wrote:Ooh, a tie! :twisted:

A tie that occurred after JB shifted her vote from 9 to 3. My aforementioned theory still stands. ;)
BBB

by Ruby_Hex » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:02 pm

I changed my vote to number three. ;)
User

by magicmetal03 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:15 pm

Well, 3 is going to win.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Ninja » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:04 am

magicmetal03 wrote:Well, 3 is going to win.

I haven't voted yet. :twisted:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:02 am

I chose to vote for Entry 4 for the appearance of the hero and skills all looking extremely cool. Not every upgrade is completely original, but they all use ideas that serve a useful purpose and contribute greatly to the theme and aesthetics of Nina. Plus, I really like lightning heroes. :hero:
BBB

by FastAndBlast » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:51 am

You didn't put my entry :(
I am the mighty Pixel Artist
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User

by Ninja » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:51 pm

FastAndBlast wrote:You didn't put my entry :(

Did you send it in within the allotted time?
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:31 pm

Entry 8 has been updated as FastAndBlast's entry. I'm sorry that the identity has been spoiled. Next time, PM me that the entry isn't present to keep it secret. ;)
BBB

by FeedDaKingdom » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:20 pm

The New #8
story is a little too long, but overall interesting
Gonna be a pain to level up
Justice : how much damage? a 40 second cooldown for a basic AoE?
Taking Sides : If this triggers on a powerful enemy like an Avenger or a Golem it can be pretty much OP as its basically having 3 more heroes at your disposal. So i guess it warrants that 40 seconds cooldown, but it should be better if the enemy controlled has a duration tied into it and to compensate have a shorter cooldown on the ability.
The speed increase is kinda meh and the magic immunity only helps against heretics and evokers (both of them doesnt deal that much damage to heroes), although this does make him handy for levels with inaccessable areas like Arcane Quarters.
Godlike can be a bit underwhelming for a 70 second cooldown, since you need about a dozen enemies in the AoE to match the damage of Lilith's HS (which is the standard i use for a big AoE) while Lilith's HS has 10 seconds shorter cooldown.
The main problem i have here is that this hero is entirely based on luck. While i dont have many problem with heroes such as Kahz that is based on luck, but that is because when you are unlucky, he at least doesnt do anything bad (and still has other stuff not based around luck to supplement it), but if you are lucky he deals a lot of damage.
This hero, if you are unlucky, he starts killing your troops with everything he got, and if you are lucky then he acts like a regular hero. This only triggers when he attacks, but his attack damage is really good, and his abilities are not very, so you are forced to take this chance. His ability power needs to be increased substantially to warrant his chance of turning against you.
User

by tmn loveblue » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:11 am

For the new entry 8:

Generally, Uriel is balanced, the long recharges on her skills made up by heavy base True Damage. However, this makes her boring, since she auto-attacks all the time without doing anything interesting. Wings of Liberty is strong but is wasted when use to move over terrain, cause it triggers the cool-down, disables the active magic immunity, as well as makes Uriel unable to fly back. Taking Sides has varying strength depending on what kind of enemy changes side. If it is Golems, then great, but if it is 5 Boomshrooms, then good luck with the 40s recharge. Second Chance could have been strong if it does not have a 40s recharge as well. That amount of time for a simple heal is extremely UP. Same for the Hero Spell, 70s is a long time while the effect lasts only 8 seconds, perhaps just enough for her to kill a few enemies. And due to the abundance of Harassers, they will keep blinking out of her range and lay waste upon her with arrows, since she only have low armor. The dark-side-switch, while fits with the lore, is totally unnecessary, and with that damage, she will wreck troops, and you must play without a hero until you deplete her HP.

The worst case scenario is that she changes side right after you use her Hero Spell...
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:50 pm

Okay....let me re-review #4 because i think i have some misunderstanding
first, her main problems are vulnerability to ranged attacks, and the threat of death means losing a lot of her power. If she dies, she will lose most cyclone charges (because you dont attack if you are dead), and probably clouds (because....well......you dont stay in the same spot if you die??)
Second problem is her Rising Winds, not really as big as the first problem, its really because of the effect of pushing enemies back a random amount, but having after that dealing AoE, because, well its random.
Now, i actually think she is pretty fine tuned. Because with a total of 10 clouds during cyclone, that Lightning flashes gets about 144-350 attack per shot, granted, only for 1 shot because of cyclone duration, however if you get lucky with the Thunder Rolls stuns, She could be rapid firing lightning bolts. Moonson and Rising winds then turns her into the ultimate stall machine. But then the cyclone cooldown kicks in, and her power becomes somewhere around Arivan.
Overall, i think she would become a very versatile glass cannon. Capable of stalling and doing a lot of damage, but requires A HECK of a micro, because if she dies, even once, and boom, all that power gone.
User

PreviousNext