Hero Joining Point

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Hero Joining Point

by GeminiSparkSP » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:24 pm

This is just a speculation thread. As the title says, I'm going to talk about at what point in the games the heroes join your forces. Mind you, this is full of headcanon, and may contradict the games.

KR:
Gerald: This one's pretty easy to figure out. He looks very similar to the Holy Order knights, so he must be one, which means he joins alongside the Holy Order at The Citadel.
Alleria: This one follows the game, and so she joins at Silveroak Forest.
Malik: Since you rescued him back in Origins, I'd figure he's already in from the beginning.
Bolin: This one also follows the game, and so he joins at Icewind Pass.
Magnus: He's a purple mage, and one of his skills is called Arcane Storm. It's safe to assume he's an arcane wizard, and so he must've joined alongside his tower counterparts at The Citadel.
Ignus: Again, follows the game. Joins at Forsaken Valley.
Denas: This one also follows the game, but with an interesting explanation. I'd assume he joins the campaign at The Citadel, but only decides to join the fight at The Dark Tower to face his old friend.
Ingvar: This one's a no-brainer. Ingvar looks like a barbarian, and the Barbarian Hall is unlocked at Icewind Pass, which means he's bringing his people along with him.
Elora: This one's a bit vague for me. I'd assume she joins at one of the snow levels. Either she joins at Icewind Pass (going by my headcanon that she is Ingvar's possessed dead lover, and Ingvar joins at Icewind Pass) or Stormcloud Temple (you unlock the Sorcerer Mage there, and one of their abilities is to summon an elemental. It's not hard to assume that if Elora is not Ingvar's dead lover, at least she could be an ice elemental).
Oni: He's a demon samurai out for revenge, presumably against the current ruler of the underworld, Moloch. Thus, he could've joined at the Pit of Fire.
Thor: Another difficult one, but I'd assume it takes a divine intervention to kill a demon lord. Thus, he could've joined alongside Oni at the Pit of Fire.
Hacksaw: This is the wildcard here. I got nothing. He's too out of place. If I really want to push it, he could've joined at Rotten Forest, since his mech is equipped with lumbering utilities.

KRF:
Alric: This one doesn't need much explanation. He joins from the get-go.
Mirage: Again, doesn't need much explanation. She joins at the Dunes of Despair, bringing the Assassins and the crossbows along with her.
Cronan: Going by my headcanon about the Spear Maidens being Cronan's wives, I'd assume he joins at Crimson Valley.
Bruxa: This one follows the mobile game, and so she joins at Snapvine Bridge, bringing the axethrowers along with her.
Blackthorne: This one is an interesting case. I believe he's helping at Buccaneer's Den as a one-time ally, and finally joins at Snapvine Bridge (probably after visiting and being coaxed by Bruxa, who is his old flame in my headcanon). I also believe he helps during the Rising Tides campaign.
Nivus: Another easy one. He probably joins at Nazeru's Gates alongside the Archmages.
Dierdre: This one takes a bit to figure out. She doesn't really match anything in the game. However, a healer is most likely to join from the beginning.
Grawl: He's got blue crystals in his body, and the only levels with the same blue crystals are The Dark Descent and Emberspike Depths. I'd assume he's created at one of those stages.
Sha'Tra: He's an alien, and the first signs of aliens in the game is at Lost Jungle. I'd assume he joins there, if only to hunt down his rival species, the Reapers.
Karkinos: He's both easy and difficult. Easy because he's a Bloodshell and Bloodshells enter the fray at Storm Atoll thus making it possible that he turns against his kind there, and difficult because I don't know where and when he got all cyborg'd thus I don't know if he could've joined at some other point.
Dante: Easy as pie. He joins at Bonesburg.
Boneheart: This takes a bit of creativity. It's obvious he joins at one of the horror levels, but I'd like to assume he joins at Dusk Chateau. In my headcanon, Boneheart is the reanimated bones of a dragon Vasile once slain to test/prove his vampiric powers.
Kutsao: He's a Chinese-themed hero, and nothing in the game has any Chinese theme. However, Chinese merchants are known to travel across the seas to open trading routes. Based on that, I'd assume he joins at Port Tortuga.
Saitam: His wiki profile says he's the guardian of his sanctuary, the Temple of Ethereal Evil. I'd assume the temple only got that name after the Reaper Queen takes over. The temple is unlocked after you beat Temple of Saqra, so I'd assume he joins there too.
Ashbite: I really don't know where to put this one. A fire dragon is as generic as you can get in a fantasy setting. He could've joined at any point.
Kahz: This one is even more difficult. TaTs said that he comes from the badlands across the desert. However, I just can't see him fitting in the game.

KRO:
Eridan: Like Alric, no need for explanation. He joins from the start.
Arivan: Again, no need for explanation. He joins at Redwood Stand.
Catha: Joins at Rockhenge.
Razz: Joins at Neverwonder, which houses the gnome village.
Lilith: A difficult one. I'd imagine she's the guardian of Elynie's Tear, and only sets out to destroy all evil because not only she failed to guard the tear, but also let it be corrupted. Thus, she joins at the Shrine of Elynie.
Reg'Son: It's hard to pinpoint since he's a twilight elf, but judging by his fighting style, I'd assume he's either training or trained by the Bladeslingers, which is unlocked at the Royal Gardens. Thus, he joins there.
Denas: I'd assume he joins after finding out what's going on in the elven nation, which is probably after Alleria flew to Linirea. Thus, he could've joined at Rockhenge.
Vez'Nan: Same with Denas.
Lynn: This one is interesting. TaTs once said she leads the twilight army during the main campaign. The corresponding enemy to her is the Twilight Avenger, which shows up first in The Crystal Lake. Thus, her first appearance could be there. However, after Baj'Nimen went cuckoo after the main campaign, she switches sides to kill him. Thus, she joins at Duskwood Outpost.
Bravebark: He's an Ent. Weirdwoods are also Ents, and they're unlocked at Neverwonder. Thus, he could've joined there.
Wilbur: Easy one. He's the only dwarf in an elf-centric game, and the only dwarf-related stuff is at the Forgotten Treasures campaign. Thus, he joins at Dwaraman Gates.
Durax: His wiki profile says that his homeland is tainted by the ogres, and the first instance of corrupted crystals is at Blood Quarry, so he must've joined there.
Xin: I don't know where to put him. Back in KRF, a Chinese-themed hero somewhat makes sense. Here, not so much.
Bruce: Same case with Xin, except instead of Chinese, he's a werelion.
Faustus: If the Dragon Throne becomes a campaign, then I could easily put him there. Until then, I don't know where to put him.
Phoenix: Again, generic stuff. I don't know where a firebird could fit here.
Last edited by GeminiSparkSP on Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User

Re: Hero Joining Point

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:02 pm

It's like a very miniature lore thread. :D You should add updates with detailed guesses of how exactly each hero joined. ;)
BBB

by tmn loveblue » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:08 pm

It's cool you figure out all that ;) They are all detailed and logical, and well explained :D
User

by The Blademaster » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:58 pm

I never really thought about this, but it is definitely an interesting concept (especially to me, because I love lore and that sort of thing :D ). The most I ever did was associate the first few few heroes in the first KR with the towers they represented, but that's nothing compared to this. What I did isn't even lore-based, really. However, this was very well thought out and all of the descriptions made perfect sense (according to your lore, at least) and it was overall very fun to to read.

Well done. :)
User

by FastAndBlast » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:47 am

Maybe Thor represents the Tesla?
I am the mighty Pixel Artist
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User

by tmn loveblue » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:13 am

FastAndBlast wrote:Maybe Thor represents the Tesla?

No, the Tesla is a Dwarven creation. Thor is a divine being, even though they share some powers, they are not the same.
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:58 pm

The Blademaster wrote:The most I ever did was associate the first few heroes in the first KR with the towers they represented, but that's nothing compared to this.

That's the first thing I did too. It just builds upon itself from there.

tmn loveblue wrote:No, the Tesla is a Dwarven creation. Thor is a divine being, even though they share some powers, they are not the same.

I'm sure they don't have to be mutually exclusive. Dwarves do exist in Norse mythology, and so does Thor. He could've inspired the dwarves to harness the power of electricity one way or another.

Big Bad Bug wrote:It's like a very miniature lore thread. :D You should add updates with detailed guesses of how exactly each hero joined. ;)

I'll see what I can do. No promises, though.

Okay, after some thinking, I'll try to expand the entries that are mostly about "follows the game" except the starting heroes.

KR:
Gerald: More expansion. Lord Blackburn was once a noble knight, so I'd assume Gerald would know about him. Thus, he could've helped during the Blackburn campaign. Besides, it fits the theme of "holy knight vs. dark knight".
Alleria: Not only you unlock the Rangers Hideout in Silveroak Forest, but it also houses the Sylvan Elf Hall. I'd imagine the elf hall is some sort of embassy for the elven nation, and Alleria is present at the moment.
Bolin: A bit more difficult to think about. He joins at Icewind Pass, where you unlock the Big Bertha. I'd assume he developed Big Bertha.
Ignus: Forsaken Valley is the home of the Magma Elementals. It's safe to assume he also hails from there.

KRF:
Kutsao: A little expansion. I said before about Chinese merchants opening trading routes, but I forgot that Kutsao is a monk, and monks do go on pilgrimages. Maybe he is trying to visit the Temple of Ethereal Evil to purify it. That, or he's guarding a merchant ship.
Ashbite: I'm still unclear on this one. However, I'm very adamant on Ashbite vs. Beresad (dragon battle ftw), so he couldn't have joined after Beresad's Lair. In fact, considering the environment, he couldn't have joined in the cave levels.

KRO:
Arivan: I'm actually changing this one. TaTs once said that he saved Eridan's life at Gryphon Point when facing Hi-Hi Enha just in the nick of time. He wouldn't be late if he had joined before, so he must have joined there, probably during the boss battle.
Catha: I'm also changing this one. The only fairy-type enemy you face is the Gloomies, and they first appear in Grimmsburg. I'd assume Catha is among the uncorrupted, and joins you there.
Razz: Changing this one too. While Neverwonder does house the gnome village, none of the gnomes there do anything much to help you. However, there is a gnome house in The Unseelie Court, and you can recruit the gnomes there to help you. They certainly are brave enough to stand against the queen of the twilight elves, so I'd assume Razz is among those, and joins either during or after the battle.
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User

by tmn loveblue » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:31 am

I think Gerald is sort of a royal guard that leads the army under the player's command. Like an idol, a commander that carry out orders from the General (who is the player).

Alleria was taken to Linirea for safety (KRO event, as I remember), so perhaps she grew up in Linirea mostly and either follows from the start or from the Silveroak Forest stage, where (maybe) she grew up.

Bolin, I am clueless :? He could have helped developing the Big Bertha, but he looks more like a gunslinger than an inventor.

You are probably right about Ignus ;) About Thor, that could be true, but it would better if Thor joined at Stormcloud Peak, a magical place that is high up and circled by storm clouds. He could slam down at some point, decimate a whole horde of foes, and offer his help :mrgreen: Afterwards, seeing his great lightning powers, the Dwarves attempt to harness it and successfully made the Tesla ;)

In KRF, Kutsao and Ashbite are difficult. Kutsao is not related to anything, so my best guess is that he is a monk traveling the world to know more, and he finds evil here, so he tries to help with his martial art techniques.

About Ashbite, he appeared in KRO as a baby dragon, so did Beresad, so they could have flown to Linirea for a while, probably with Elves that come to help during the war against Vez'nan. While Beresad finds a cave full of gold and become obsessed over it, Ashbite for some reason decided to join your forces. I believe they split path early, so Ashbite could have joined anywhere, though I feel more inclined towards the desert levels.
User

by Magnus0 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:59 am

I thought that Durax joined at the crystal lake...
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by tmn loveblue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:28 am

Magnus0 wrote:I thought that Durax joined at the crystal lake...

He could have, and his home is in the Blood Quarry where the orges have corrupted, so he trailed off and found you and the Crystal Lake ;)
User

by Ruby_Hex » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:49 am

Wow, this is really interesting. Great job! I dunno why, but I've always thought that Ignus and Magnus Spellbane where brothers, just based on the similarity of their names, voices and personality's. I figured that Ignus became a fire-elemental through some sacrifice or curse or something. Maybe he wanted to become an archmage like his older/younger brother, but failed, which led him on the path the eventually transformed him into a fire-elemental. Just an idea, maybe you could incorporate it somehow.
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by Kaasmaster » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:48 pm

I think sir geralt lightseeker joined in the very first level or actually before and you the commander sent him as leader with the detachment to southport because as the game described it the southport situation is not somthing a general.would bother to actually go to himself
User

by The Blademaster » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:04 pm

Kaasmaster wrote:I think sir geralt lightseeker joined in the very first level or actually before and you the commander sent him as leader with the detachment to southport because as the game described it the southport situation is not somthing a general.would bother to actually go to himself

However, the Southport level description states that "you" (the General) must take a battalion to Southport to help defend them, so I'm inclined to believe that it was the General who went to Southport, not Gerald.
Actually, Gerald could have gone there, but the General would be there too.

My source: http://kingdomrushtd.wikia.com/wiki/Southport
User

by the grub » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:18 pm

Maybe kutsao was on a pilgrimage to see saitam and when he saw the temple taken over by the Alien Queen he vowed to rid it of evil?
User

by the grub » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:20 pm

Maybe kutsao was on a pilgrimage to see saitam and when he saw the temple taken over by the Alien Queen he vowed to rid it of evil?
User