Kingdom Rush Origins: The Novelization

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Re: Kingdom Rush Origins: The Novelization

by RZRider » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:08 pm

It's cool. I am glad gandalf is dead
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by AerisDraco » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:29 pm

Good work.

Though I think we know Gandalf doesn't die that easily.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by RZRider » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:33 pm

Yeah. But he is dead.
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by Manijure » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:36 pm

RZRider wrote:Yeah. But he is dead.

;) ;) ;)
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:37 pm

He's come back from the dead before (spoilers), so there's no reason why he can't again.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:35 pm

Manijure wrote:As several of the burners lobbed fiery projectiles towards his position. A whistling sound pierced the air…

A comma should be placed after the word "position", and obviously, the second sentence should be attached by it to the first. :)

This is another enjoyable sequence, Manijure. Thanks for the good read. I like the rapidity with which you progress through the events of the battle, all the while smoothly incorporating new characters into the story.
:hero:
User

by Manijure » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:36 pm

Ninja wrote:
Manijure wrote:As several of the burners lobbed fiery projectiles towards his position. A whistling sound pierced the air…

A comma should be placed after the word "position", and obviously, the second sentence should be attached by it to the first. :)

This is another enjoyable sequence, Manijure. Thanks for the good read. I like the rapidity with which you progress through the events of the battle, all the while smoothly incorporating new characters into the story.

Glad I can rely on you for those little grammar fixes. Keep it up! :)
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:34 am

Now here comes the important question.

Will there be shipping?

Also, please post this to fanfiction.net.
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:04 pm

So much Gandalf. Do you want to make him a forum meme? :P

I like the details of the action. It's all very similar to an actual KR battle, but with some extra variations to make it seem a little cooler, such as Eridan kicking a boulder like the legend that he is. :D If you could include more moments where something extra special that wouldn't happen in-game occur in the story, I'd greatly appreciate it. ;)

As for nitpicks (since there are no important, major problems I have) I wish there was more stuff about the other towers. We got detail on the Druid, which made me expect details on the archers, mages, barracks, and reinforcements as well. Maybe in the next level? :D

It's telling of how good this is when my only wishes for this story are for more content. :hero:
BBB

by Manijure » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:10 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:So much Gandalf. Do you want to make him a forum meme? :P

I like the details of the action. It's all very similar to an actual KR battle, but with some extra variations to make it seem a little cooler, such as Eridan kicking a boulder like the legend that he is. :D If you could include more moments where something extra special that wouldn't happen in-game occur in the story, I'd greatly appreciate it. ;)

As for nitpicks (since there are no important, major problems I have) I wish there was more stuff about the other towers. We got detail on the Druid, which made me expect details on the archers, mages, barracks, and reinforcements as well. Maybe in the next level? :D

It's telling of how good this is when my only wishes for this story are for more content. :hero:

Don't worry, I have stories planned for the archers, mages, barracks, and reinforcements. I just wanted to focus on the Druid only so I could emphasize more about his character.
User

by Manijure » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:51 pm

Added more story following the conclusion of the Grey Ravens skirmish, but not too much. More will come soon, don't worry. :)
User

by RZRider » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:01 pm

Why eridan!!! The BO is important. Don't forget!!!! Why does this always happen in books?
User

by Manijure » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:04 pm

RZRider wrote:Why eridan!!! The BO is important. Don't forget!!!! Why does this always happen in books?

I have no idea what you are referring to.
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:27 pm

[+] SPOILER
Eridan clearly has seen this kind of purple aura emanating from some other enemies, not for a while after he is relocated away from battles with the twilight armies. He tries to remember what it is.......at the same time, the gnoll, who is stuck on 1 HP, tries to grab a discarded blade some distance from him.
Eridan now remembers, but right at the same time the gnoll grabs the blade and tries to stab him self.....

"GET OUT OF THERE IT'S GOING TO BLOW!!!!"

*blasting curse*
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:57 pm

I like the subtle inclusion of Finwer in the story. Everyone just treats him like another Elf, another good guy. :lol:
BBB

by The Kingmaker » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:59 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:I like the subtle inclusion of Finwer in the story. Everyone just treats him like another Elf, another good guy. :lol:

That's really just who Finwer is on this forum, he just turns up and comments and everyone agrees and misses him.

He's like Jack Black in that he doesn't need any context. Like I could be abducted by Aliens and if Jack Black was there eating Pringles I'd just accept it.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:01 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:I like the subtle inclusion of Finwer in the story. Everyone just treats him like another Elf, another good guy. :lol:

That's really just who Finwer is on this forum, he just turns up and comments and everyone agrees and misses him.

He's like Jack Black in that he doesn't need any context. Like I could be abducted by Aliens and if Jack Black was there eating Pringles I'd just accept it.

Now I want a gif of Sha'tra abducting you with Jack Black eating Pringles in the background.
BBB

by RZRider » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:48 pm

Manijure wrote:
RZRider wrote:Why eridan!!! The BO is important. Don't forget!!!! Why does this always happen in books?

The stuff coming from that one gnoll. The one that he described as body odor. Aka bo
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:50 pm

RZRider wrote:
Manijure wrote:

The stuff coming from that one gnoll. The one that he described as body odor. Aka bo

So you're upset that Eridan ignored the Gnoll's weird trait because it might come back and ruin things for him later?
BBB

by Ninja » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:25 pm

I bet the glow was the Blasting Curse of a Twilight Avenger. And that also would explain why the gnolls looked worried. I mean, since they failed their mission, the Twilight Army would have no more use for them, right? So they could have a Harasser snipe the gnoll from afar, blowing up it, its companions, and some of the elves all at once.
:hero:
User

PreviousNext