Mini Campaign : City Under Siege (WIP)

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Mini Campaign : City Under Siege (WIP)

by FeedDaKingdom » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:46 pm

Story Background : In KR, it says that Hammerhold has fallen during the Twin Rivers level. This MC assumes you were there (in an alternate timeline), or you assume control of another commander, or you teleport to Hammerhold using some kind of magic....who knows........

Mission #1 : Wastes' Fringes
General, our latest patrols into Valardul have indicated a massive buildup of the Dark armies and Demonic forces. No doubt, they are preparing to invade our Kingdom! If this is so, we have to immediately start to make preparations to defend Hammerhold, and inform Linirea and the King of this dreadful news! We cannot let Hammerhold fall, for the Relic must not fall into the hands of darkness.
We have determined that to delay the enemy of the time being, it is best to reinforce our outpost, right in the border between the Azsare Desert and The Wastes. Make haste, you must arrive before the enemy begins their inevitable invasion.....

The map is set in the middle of a canyon, with the top part of the canyon has the ground looking dark, wasteland colors, and the bottom part with the desert colors.
The enemies initially start off a huge road down the middle, huge enough that it splits in the middle, with a couple of strategic points in the middle of the split. It goes to the bottom left of the level to the only exit available.
On the top left side, an elevated road on the canyon that leads to the main path serves as an entrance somewhere around the halfway point of the level, although you can still engage the enemies coming from said path before they converge into the main path.
Finally, the enemies will blow a hole on the right side canyon at the later waves to serve as a third entrance that is somewhat close to the exit.

Waves : 15

Recurring enemies : Dark Knights, Dark Slayers, Shadow Archers, Bandits, Marauders, Brigands, Rocket Rider
New Enemies : Wasteland Warrior

Wasteland Warrior
Well trained and equipped warriors, they can answer to virtually anything you throw at them.

They are around the size of Immortals. They wear a menacingly looking faceplate with an angry eye expression, a hood like shadow archers, they also wear dark brown armor vests that looks similar to Myrmidons. Their weapons are a shotgun for their ranged attack (which they sling on their back when not using it) and a sword with a shape similar to a Gnoll Warleader's (albeit smaller). To reinforce the look, they wrap the mummy style cloth around some parts of their arms and weapons.
HP : 625
Attack Damage (ranged) : 40-50
Attack Damage (melee) : 25-40
Armor : 50%
Magic Resist : 50%
Speed : Moderate
Has a short ranged attack, they will only use it once then move into the target (like Harassers)

Mission 2 : Lopah's Last Stand
Dire News general! Although you have defeated the last contingent of hostile forces, more are marching on, with numbers beyond our comprehension. We have abandoned our outpost on the border, and moved back to the village of Lopah, we have evacuated most of the civilians here, and it seems that some of the desert warrior tribes will fight for us.
Our messengers came through with the message that Linirea is suffering from widespread attacks from the same evil force, and cannot aid us. This leaves us no option but to evacuate the Hammer of Ages, as to not let it fall into our enemy.
We still need to buy more time before that can happen, do not let the enemy through at all costs!

Level Scenery :
Desert Warrior Camp
Pay 125 gold to hire a Desert Warrior. Maximum of 4.
Stats :
HP : 300
Attack Damage : 30-47
Armor : Medium (65%)
Abilites :
Flurry
Attacks an enemy 3 times in rapid succession, Cooldown of 9 seconds.
One of the warriors will be named Alric.

Endless Challenge : City Under Siege
Thanks to your valorous efforts, the Hammer of Ages has been successfully shipped away to the safety of Southport!
However, this is truly the Kingdom's darkest hour, none can come to our aid, all we can do now is hold down Hammerhold for as long as we can.......
Take charge of the remaining troops on the city, and make our enemies tremble, for we shall know no fear!
Last edited by FeedDaKingdom on Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

Re: Mini Campaign : City Under Siege (WIP)

by Ninja » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:36 pm

Obviously, there isn't much content in this thread yet, like you made clear in the thread's title. But, I'm still going to review the idea thus far.

First off, I love the idea of a mini-campaign involving the Dark Army, since there isn't one already, and it's my favorite enemy faction in the KR franchise. I've been harboring ideas for mini campaigns involving the Dark Army for quite a while, and while I'll still make an MC revolving around them in the future, I do hope that this will satisfy me until then. ;)

The enemy is pretty basic, but if this enemy is meant to be spammed, then it's an absolute no-no. If you would give it a strategy section that gives tips to counter the enemy and gives the basic style of gameplay necessary to overcome the challenges that this enemy will introduce to the player, then it would be much easier to review. Also, what is the enemy's ranged attack? Simply stating that it has a ranged attack doesn't help much towards visualizing the enemy, and neither does the lack of an appearance description.

What I want to stress as the most important thing to change right now is your formatting. Better formatting will make your ideas easier to read and more inviting to readers. Try incorporating bold print, italics, large print, and colored print if you want, to make the idea more fun for the reader.
:hero:
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:39 pm

Its meant to be as numerous as Tainted treants, why would you say it shouldnt be spammed?
ok i fixed it
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by Ninja » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:31 pm

FeedDaKingdom wrote:Its meant to be as numerous as Tainted treants, why would you say it shouldnt be spammed?
ok i fixed it

If it's spammed in mid-game-to-late-game, then I guess it's fine. I meant that it shouldn't be spammed if it was intended to be the core enemy of the campaign, like Husks in the Rotten and Fungal Forests. ;)
:hero:
User