Kochoz, roaming merchant

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Kochoz, roaming merchant

by Magnus0 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:48 pm

Kochoz
- Roaming Merchant

Appearance and backstory
Kochoz is a repudiated demon with a bad case of gold fever. He is cursed and damned by his former demon allies, who diminished him in size and might. They kicked him out of hell itself because he was too pitiful to be of worth there. They booted his little imp pet Imple too, even though he didn't do anything wrong. But hey, that's the demon world for yah. Frankly, Kohcoz is a much better speaker than he is a fighter, so he reached to being a merchant to get some money to sustain himself. Rigging people of their money fits Kochoz naturally, him being a demon and all. Kochoz was still quite the whimp when it comes to physical strengt though, so he decided to do some battle training so he was able to protect himself. He quickly became quite skilled at combat, and the armor and weaponry of the creatures he defeated provided him with a steady stream of merchandise. This specialization in selling battle gear eventually made Kochoz very successful in this age of war. But, of course, he wanted more. More gold

Despite his appearance, Kochoz is not an idiot. He immediately noticed that fighting the well-equipped twilight army, that started to become more well-known and dominant, could get him rich. Gold is all Kochoz cares about, but obviously it's reckless to fight a whole army on your own. He joins the elvish army in the hope that he would be able to rob twilight elves for is own good, unnoticed. His plan works out... mostly. Really, the elves saw Kochoz's tricks from miles away. A foolish elf is still more intelligent than the smartest demon after all. The elves knew that Kochoz kept most of the extra money he made from selling battle gear for himself, but since he was such a useful ally in battle, they didn't say a thing. Everything worked out fine, Kochoz could feed his gold hunger by fighting the twilight army, and the elves had a powerful demon ally to help them in battle.

Kochoz is really looks more like a goat standing on two legs than a traditional demon, but he is still slightly larger and bulkier than the average human. His legs are hoof-like. Black, woolly hair covers them, up to his waist. A ring of hair forms around his wrists too. The rest of his body has a dark, gritty red color. Due to his training, Kochoz's chest and arms are muscular. Kochoz's eyes are bright green, a striking contrast with his red and black color scheme. Kochoz also has two horns on his head and a goatee. His weapon of choice is a morning star on a chain. Kochoz doesn't wear clothing, but he does have a large backpack-like sack on his back, which serves as a portable depot for gold and battle gear. Whenever the sack is full, Imple comes to take the sack back to their secret hideout.

basically, think of a much more intimidating version of this:
[+] SPOILER
http://forums.vainglorygame.com/index.php?attachments/14330/

Stats
Health: 666 (I mean, duh)
Health regen: 66
Armor: none
Magical resistance: medium
Damage: 33-66
attack speed: slow
Respawn: 14s
Movement speed: average (roughly the same as Prince Denas)

Innate: Enemies that die near Kochoz yield 25% more gold, but only 1/5th of that adds up to your total gold. He keeps the rest for himself. Whenever Kochoz has accumulated a total of 400 gold with his passive, he rips off one of his horns and blows it, calling Imple for help. He puts his horn back on his head while imple flies to him from out of the screen. Imple takes the sack with gold with him and flies out of the screen again, after which the gold is gone. However, whenever Kochoz dies before he has accumulated 400 gold, the gold scatters around him in clickable gold pieces worth 50 gold each. So whenever he dies, the total gold he has collected is divided by 50, which determines the amount of gold pieces that appear around him (leftover gold that cannot be devided by 50 vanishes).

Skills
1. Infernal Barrier (24): Kochoz shield up to 3 nearby allies with a health barrier worth 20%/40%/60% of their health for 5 seconds. The barrier uses the same armor as the shielded unit. If the barrier fully depletes, it explodes, dealing 25-50/45-70/65-90 area fire damage to all nearby units, both allies and enemies, and dealing double the damage against Kochoz himself.

2. Stomach Buster (16s): Kochoz slams an enemy right in the guts with his morning star, which stuns it for 2/3/4 seconds and permanently cripples it by decreasing damage and movement speed by 10%/20%/30%. If a crippled enemy gets hit by this ability a second time, it will suffocate to death.

3. Scrap Shop (30): Kochoz pulls a stall out of his ass and starts a local scrap shop. The first 3/4/5 enemies that come near are interested in buying some battle gear from Kochoz and will form a horizontal queue in front of the stall. They pay him 50 gold (Kochoz's passive applies here). In return, he trows either a shield or a sword at the enemy. The shield deals 20/45/60 damage, but increases armor by one level. The sword deals 30/60/90 damage, but increases physical damage by 20. Enemies not involved in the trade have to walk around the stall. Non-humanoid enemies are immune to this ability.

4. Tenacity (passive): Kochoz gains 1-1/2-2/3-3 bonus damage for every enemy nearby.

Hero Spell. Lava Dome (60s): Imple comes from out of the screen and blasts off with an oversized fireball. Upon touching the ground, the fireball bursts in a massive explosion that slowly expands in size. At the climax of the explosion, the energy of the explosion turns into lava and slowly drips down to the ground and on the enemies that happen to be a caught in the initial explosion. The explosion deals 200/300/400/500 fire damage and melts of all physical armor

Quotes
- BATTLE GEAR! BATTLE GEAR! BUY THE BEST WEAPONRY HERE!
- Isn't my morning star simply... breath-taking?
- It's all about the money
- A shield? A nice chestplate? what about a vacuum cleaner? You want it, I got it. Only here, at Kochoz's Scrap Shop. (etc. etc. and... etc.)
- (Death) You will pay!
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

Re: Kochoz, roaming merchant

by timewarp » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:55 pm

Magnus0 wrote:Kochoz slams an enemy right in the guts with his morning star

does that mean what I think it means

Magnus0 wrote:Scrap Shop (30): Kochoz pulls a stall out of his ass and starts a local scrap shop

nevermind
User

by Magnus0 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:39 pm

timewarp wrote:
Magnus0 wrote:Kochoz slams an enemy right in the guts with his morning star

does that mean what I think it means

Magnus0 wrote:Scrap Shop (30): Kochoz pulls a stall out of his ass and starts a local scrap shop

nevermind

What do you think it means then? Because I don't see it.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by Magnus0 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:10 pm

so yeah.

bump
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User