Looking for Beta Testers!

Talk about anything game related!

Re: Looking for Beta Testers!

by timewarp » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:26 pm

xstargaming wrote:
timewarp wrote:h1 evri1

First impression of the game :

I have... absolutely no idea... how to play it.

I click "play", choose a slot, and just watch the little black stain fall to his death.

Slowly.

I cant' delete saves btw (nothing happens when I click on the trashcans)

You shouldn't be seeing that unless it can't find the level files. Could you post a screenshot? I'm quite confused as to how this is the case. Have you put the patched version of Shadows with the original files and not separate to the level data?

Okay yeah, I think the problem comes from there. I executed the patched version directly. Where do I put it ?

A yes/no system (the same as in KR) would be appreciated for the save-deleting button. :)
User

by xstargaming » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:56 pm

timewarp wrote:Okay yeah, I think the problem comes from there. I executed the patched version directly. Where do I put it ?

A yes/no system (the same as in KR) would be appreciated for the save-deleting button. :)

In the first message sent to the beta testers, there was a link to a zip file; the patched .exe is meant to replace the .exe in that folder when unzipped. Just extract the downloaded zip file, extract it, and replace the old .exe in there with the new one you downloaded.

I've been considering it for a while; I'll implement it in the next patch. :)
User

by timewarp » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:50 pm

xstargaming wrote:
timewarp wrote:Okay yeah, I think the problem comes from there. I executed the patched version directly. Where do I put it ?

In the first message sent to the beta testers, there was a link to a zip file; the patched .exe is meant to replace the .exe in that folder when unzipped. Just extract the downloaded zip file, extract it, and replace the old .exe in there with the new one you downloaded.

I've been considering it for a while; I'll implement it in the next patch. :)

User

by Mushmellow » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:30 am

Can I still be a beta tester?
User

by xstargaming » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:01 am

Mushmellow wrote:Can I still be a beta tester?

Sure! I'll send you the beta link to let you get started.

This is also a good time to remind everyone that you have one week left to submit feedback. :D
User

by xstargaming » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:54 pm

Hello everyone! As it turns out, there was a major bug in the last patch where some of the resources (in-game images like the fireflies) weren't bundled with the application. I'm not sure how this happened, but it has been fixed. The updated game will be sent to all of you as soon as it's done uploading.

Also, in this patch:

-There is now a delete screen for removing your slot files.
-Tutorial now goes over double jumping and wall jumping.
-Dying with 0 fireflies no longer returns your original amount of fireflies; you are reduced to 1.
-Cutscenes now have better fade-outs for music.

Note: Just to be absolutely sure that no other issues were causing these bugs, instead of just getting the .exe this patch, the zip will contain all of the files. If you want to keep your save slots, copy over the slot[number].ini file and the main.ini file to the new folder. It is recommended that after moving your save slots, you delete the old folder.
User

by xstargaming » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:05 pm

Hello again everyone! Thanks for all of the feedback; I've gotten a ton over the past few days. Right now, the following bugs are going to be fixed in the upcoming patch:

-When selecting "fullscreen" or "v-sync" options on the main menu, sometimes the play menu will appear.
-The tutorial will be updated for clarity and to inform players that they can exit the game and cutscenes via the escape key.
-When returning from a cutscene, you will end in the level where you came from rather than the level before it.
-When getting caught in a wall for any reason, you will now respawn at the level's beginning without penalty.

Also, the game should perform better on most PCs now that I've made some adjustments to performance. The following bugs have been reported, however I'm not certain whether or not they'll be in today's patch:

-Walls could sometimes disappear for no apparent reason. (I really have no idea how this is happening but it seems to be a rare occurrence.)
-Cutscenes are not playing properly in fullscreen.

If you have anything you want to report to be fixed in today's patch, let me know before 5 p.m. EST. Thank you again! :D
User

by AerisDraco » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:55 pm

What will the game be published on?
As in, will it be published, for instance, on Steam?
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by xstargaming » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:57 pm

AerisDraco wrote:What will the game be published on?
As in, will it be published, for instance, on Steam?

The game will be published on my website and via Steam Greenlight. :)
User

by Mushmellow » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:34 am

Awesome game, awesome music and epic graphics.
User

by xstargaming » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:59 am

Mushmellow wrote:Awesome game, awesome music and epic graphics.

Thank you very much! :D

----

Also, I've been getting a lot of reports of confusion about the "invisible wall" in the Ancient Hall. This is actually part of the puzzle you have to solve which takes place in the rooms above the room just before the one with the refractor in it. In order to remove the wall, you have to activate the runes in the correct order. What would be beneficial in helping make this more apparent? What would help you to understand what and where the puzzle is?
User

by Mushmellow » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:01 am

xstargaming wrote:
Mushmellow wrote:Awesome game, awesome music and epic graphics.

Thank you very much! :D

----

Also, I've been getting a lot of reports of confusion about the "invisible wall" in the Ancient Hall. This is actually part of the puzzle you have to solve which takes place in the rooms above the room just before the one with the refractor in it. In order to remove the wall, you have to activate the runes in the correct order. What would be beneficial in helping make this more apparent? What would help you to understand what and where the puzzle is?

Would be useful if you can add probably a wall or some text saying "Hint: In order to advance you must solve a puzzle" or something like that.
User

by xstargaming » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:18 pm

Hello everyone! Just a quick reminder: beta testing ends this Saturday (by which time I should also have the trailer done). Thank you everyone for all that you have done so far. Don't forget: if you haven't sent me the name you want in the credits, please do so I can give you the recognition you deserve. :D
User

by xstargaming » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:09 pm

Beta testing has ended!

Thank you to everyone who contributed; to my knowledge all of the major bugs have been found, allowing me to focus on adding in new levels to expand out the world, work on the mobile port of the game, and create the mod engine. If you didn't send me an alternative name, I have accredited you with your Ironhide forum username in the game. And, of course, each of you will be receiving the game for free upon its release. :D

I'm looking forward to getting this on Steam Greenlight in the next couple of weeks and finishing up the game prior to its release this fall. My gratitude once more!
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:12 pm

There is a spot at the starting area where there is a random 45 degree tile on the space above that leads to nowhere, that if you enter it, you will get warped off the map to a void where you just keep falling, an animation even plays, so its consistent
no footstep sounds if you move with WASD
The sacrifice a beacon option remains greyed out so it doesn't make it obvious that you can sacrifice a part.
You can click on any beacon part, even ones you dont actually have.
Cutscene skipping with esc doesn't work, and a lot of times the cutscene replays itself.

Suggestions :
Why don't you just autocollect fireflies if there is no situation in game that benefits you if you have low fireflies?
Can you make it so that memories don't autoplay? or at least don't autoplay a second time because it can get frustrating if you need to backtrack through one.
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by xstargaming » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:17 pm

FeedDaKingdom wrote:There is a spot at the starting area where there is a random 45 degree tile on the space above that leads to nowhere, that if you enter it, you will get warped off the map to a void where you just keep falling, an animation even plays, so its consistent
no footstep sounds if you move with WASD
The sacrifice a beacon option remains greyed out so it doesn't make it obvious that you can sacrifice a part.
You can click on any beacon part, even ones you dont actually have.
Cutscene skipping with esc doesn't work, and a lot of times the cutscene replays itself.

Suggestions :
Why don't you just autocollect fireflies if there is no situation in game that benefits you if you have low fireflies?
Can you make it so that memories don't autoplay? or at least don't autoplay a second time because it can get frustrating if you need to backtrack through one.

These cutscene issues shouldn't be occurring if you have the newest version of the game -- in fact, cutscenes aren't programmed to replay at all so that shouldn't even be possible -- but some of those are new reports. I'll get to fixing them immediately. :)

If you could post a screenshot of the first issue, I would be grateful; I'm not sure what tile you're referring to.
User

Previous