Kingdom Rush Heroes-Viper Snakeblade

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Kingdom Rush Heroes-Viper Snakeblade

by valcedon » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:59 pm

Viper Snakeblade
Tainted Ninja

Lore
Viper is a trained and deadly ninja who came from unknown regions far beyond the borders of Lineria. He was banished from his secret order for being too reckless and tainted by evil. He used to be a trained and skilled ninja. One of the most powerful in the order. Infact the MOST powerful. But on one of his missions he had to retrieve the Snakeblade, a weapon tainted by poison and evil. This was going to put his skills to the test. But he failed, the weapon corrupted him and made him an uncontrollable killing force! He almost eradicated the whole order before he was stopped. After he was stopped, the grand master of the order exiled him into the depths of the Rotten Forest. There he trained and trained until he was able to control the dark powers of the blade and co-exist with it. The weapon didn't corrupt him after all. He continued to fight evil with an evil blade ever since...

Stats
Health:480
Health regen:50
Armour:medium
Magic resistance:none
Damage:20-35
Attack speed:fast
Respawn:15 seconds
Movement:fast

Skills
Shuriken throw
-Throws a shuriken that ricochets off 3/4/5 enemies and dealing 26/32/38 damage which can pierce low/medium/high armor

Snake Fury
-Attacks 4/5/6 enemies, slicing them and with his blade and dealing 50/60/70 true damage

Tainted weapon
-Increases Vipers damage by 5/7/10 points and also adds 8/10/12 poison damage

Serpent counter
-Gives Viper 20%/40%/60% chance to dodge attacks and 10%/20%/40% chance to counter, returning 30%/50%/100% of damage taken

Hero spell
The snakeblade
Viper spins around like a tornado of poison, slowly moving forward for 8/10/15 seconds, damaging all enemies around him and dealing 100/160/280 poison damage
Quotes
"More venom!"
"I'm poison to evil!"
"With great power, comes great responsibility"
"Nothing shocks me, I'm a ninja!

and that's my hero hope you like him and post any suggestions down below! :D
:veznan: valcedon :veznan:
User

Re: Kingdom Rush Heroes-Viper Snakeblade

by PitNata » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:18 am

Maybe Shurikens could deal True Damage, instead of piercing?
I'm modding Kingdom Rush. :geek:
User

by SealDarklight » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:21 am

Cool art dude. And also isnt there two abilities that hit few foes? Other than that pretty nice hero you made and your profile
User

by Magnus0 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:28 am

I think Ninja will be pleasedby this.

The skills are nothing that hasn't been done already, but they're nice and simple. I find the art especially cool, it's really well done.
I HAVE CHORTLES!
User

by valcedon » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:27 am

Maybe Shurikens could deal True Damage, instead of piercing?

Yeah that would probably be better
User

by valcedon » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:29 am

Magnus0 wrote:I think Ninja will be pleasedby this.

The skills are nothing that hasn't been done already, but they're nice and simple. I find the art especially cool, it's really well done.

Thanks a lot, yeah since this was my first topic I tried to keep it simple and not too complicated. ☺
User

by Ninja » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:56 am

That art is absolutely amazing! It's certainly better than most KR fanart I've seen. :D

Also, I'll try to review this soon, but you might want to take that promise with a grain of salt, because schoolwork is kind of intense at the moment. :)
:hero:
User

by valcedon » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:04 am

Ninja wrote:That art is absolutely amazing! It's certainly better than most KR fanart I've seen. :D

Thanks so much I have plenty of other fan art on the way! :D
User

by Ninja » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:55 am

Alright, I am going to systematically begin reviewing your ideas at a hopefully acceptable pace. :)

Firstly, I'll ask that you add cooldowns (CD) to your ideas in the future. It makes it much easier to tell whether something is balanced or not. For now, however, I shall give you the benefit of the doubt that you balanced them well according to a CD and just forgot to include the CD; and so I'll review the ideas as they are.

The lore for this hero is intriguing but confusing. You said multiple times in the paragraph that he was tainted by evil, but at the end you contradicted those statements. So, which is it; is he tainted or no? I'm tending to lean toward the former, since his title is "Tainted Ninja". Cool backstory, in any case. ;)

Do any of Viper's abilities inflict a status poison effect, or do they just inflict immediate True Damage? Aesthetically speaking, I would prefer the status effect. Balance-wise, however, I can see some difficulty in properly being able to construct his abilities while implementing the concept, so I would understand the decision of not including the status effect.

Snakeblade's statistics are totally balanced, excepting his damage output with the aid of Tainted Weapon. His damage per attack reaches 72-87 with the upgrade, and a goodly portion of that being True Damage to boot. That combined with the fact that he has a Fast attack speed (generally 0.5s) is OP. His DPS inasmuch as his base damage and this upgrade is 144-174, split between normal and True Damage. That's ridiculous: to nerf this, his attack speed should either be decreased to Average attack speed (1s) while lowering his armor to low to compensate for his insane DPS, or you should just decrease his base attack damage numbers and/or the upgrade's damage increasing numbers.

Shuriken Throw is balanced if its CD is in the realm of 8-10s. Besides that, I have nothing more to say on the subject of Shuriken Throw, since it is relatively simplistic.

Personally, I dislike this ability (Snake Fury) since it is so strikingly (no pun intended) similar to Kutsao's Leopard Style. It you would give the ability a makeover that is more related to snakes, then I would probably like it a lot more. (I recommend some sort of unique single target attack, though you may have something better in mind, so just have at it.) As it is, a 15-16s CD would be sufficiently balanced.

I like Serpent Counter (SC), but it would be cooler if you added a poison status effect to it for a bit of aesthetic flair. SC is relatively balanced as is, but the chance to counter should be the same as the chance to dodge. If you decide to implement a poison status effect, however, then it would be balanced with these numbers plus the poison DoT. ;)

Does Viper have to be alive to perform this Hero Spell? If so, then that would be strange, as no other HS works like that for obvious reasons. Ignoring that, the HS is balanced with a CD of 60-70s. It would be more interesting (to me, at least; this doesn't mean that it needs this drastic of a change if you don't want to change it) if it dealt an initial 180 True Damage while inflicting 10 Poison DPS for 10 seconds to each enemy that it came into contact with, though. Cool HS as is, albeit quite similar to Arivan's. :)

I like the quotes that you gave him; they seem to fit his personality.

Overall, I really like Viper Snakeblade's concept as a hero and his powers for the most part. But he can do with improvement, which is true of almost any Fan Fiction idea. From reading your ideas, Valcedon, I can see that you are creative, so I look forward to reading the ideas of yours that I haven't yet had the privilege of viewing. :)
Last edited by Ninja on Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

by valcedon » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:47 am

Thanks for all the positive feedback Ninja and I'll be sure to learn from my mistakes and take the advice you have me :D
User

by Ninja » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:30 pm

valcedon wrote:Thanks for all the positive feedback Ninja and I'll be sure to learn from my mistakes and take the advice you have me :D

Be sure that you do. I'm looking forward to your future concepts. :)

And thank you for receiving my words without looking like this: :x

(I'm thanking you because that's [anger at criticism) happened before multitudinous times, though not necessarily on this forum. Also, could you reply to the questions that I asked? I really want to know that information; those questions weren't rhetorical. :) )
User

by FastAndBlast » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:28 pm

Love the art and the concept but shouldn't a ninja have a smoke bomb? It could explode with deadly poison that viper snakeblade is immune to however it damages allies and enemies? Just a suggestion :)
I am the mighty Pixel Artist
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User

by valcedon » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:39 pm

FastAndBlast wrote:Love the art and the concept but shouldn't a ninja have a smoke bomb? It could explode with deadly poison that viper snakeblade is immune to however it damages allies and enemies? Just a suggestion :)

That's a really cool idea that I didn't think of thanks for sharing it! :D
User

by PitNata » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:33 am

Some ideas for Viper's Skills...

Active Skills

Name:Play with the Snake

Description: Viper Transforms into a Giant Snake, dealing 70 True Damage and has a chance 33%/66%/100% of poisoning enemy, dealing 25/45/65 damage per second
CD: 14s/17s/20s
Lasts(Poison):5 seconds
Total Dmg:195(Lv1)225(Lv2)395(Lv3)
Cost:2p/2p/3p

Name:Snake Race

Description: Increases Viper's Movement and Attack speed by 5%/10%/15% for 4/5/6 seconds
CD: 7s/8s/9s
Total Dmg: Varies (Depending on the Hero Lv/Skill Lv)
Cost:1p/2p/2p

Passive Skill

Name:Tainted Ground

Description: Enemies around Viper will become weaken, making them attack with less damage by 10%/15%/20%, However may cause them to turn into Tainted Spiders by 6% 12% 15% every second
Cost:3p/3p/3p
Note: Small or Medium can turn into Spiders

Enemy: Tainted Spider

Description:Once was peaceful spiders, filling the forbidden caves...Yet became mad.

HP:80(Normal) OR 1.5x/1.2x Tainted Ground (Multiplied for small(1) and medium enemies(2))
Damage:20-30(Normal) OR 1.5x/1.2x Tainted Ground (Multiplied for Small enemies(1) and medium enemies(2))
Armor:Medium(Magic)None(Physic)
Specials:Immune to the Poison, Tainted Ground skill
Comes From:???(KR-WIP,Tainted Ground)

That's all for now. You are free to write opinions, as well as former author :)
I'm modding Kingdom Rush. :geek:
User

by valcedon » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:45 am

Nice ideas, cool! :D
User