Ask the Studio

Forum rules, Introducing yourself, News about Ironhide and more!

Re: Ask the Studio

by PitNata » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:36 am

Would you implement in Iron Marines, that the Aliens (or whatever their name faction is)will be playable? I mean like the Renegade Post in KR:O but that it can be constructed of some sort, or be used as Powerup (like Paradrop, lol, Perhaps Teleporting)?

Will the Iron Marines work on the Ios/Android platforms that have only/less 512 RAM Memory?

When the Iron Marines come out, do you expect that people will turn crazy? like: :yey:
Last edited by PitNata on Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm modding Kingdom Rush. :geek:
User

by FastAndBlast » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:50 am

Have you ever thought of implementing a feature that allowed mods to be created for the game? ;)
I am the mighty Pixel Artist
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
User

by Simmonds91 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:47 pm

You guys gonna stream on twitch again anytime soon?

Edit: funny, theres a stream on in an hour hahaha, what a coincidence!
Glory to Atom/Xenu/Bel-Shamharoth/FlyingSpaghettiMonster/HypnoToad/Yog-Sothoth/Kraff/Umbra/Yu-Yevon/Tak/Elynie/Shuma-Gorath/Unicron/RNGesus/ Tats /Hydra/Azrael/Leviathan-Lord of the Labyrinth
User

Location: The Three Jolly Luck Takeaway Fish Bar, Dagon Street, Ankh-Morpork

by RZRider » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:54 pm

When will u beta test for iron marines?
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by The_TaTs » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:58 pm

FeedDaKingdom wrote:
[+] SPOILER
You know someone that isn't weapon savvy may just consider any gun with a longer than average barrel and a scope to be a sniper rifle, but still maybe because the extra detail in the rechambering animation is just nice
Since the 2 militias carrying Denas seems to be the toughest militias in the Kingdom (both in terms of their ability to carry Denas and to withstand almost 10x the damage of a regular militia) are they the 2 militias featured in the KR comic?
Well.............Mechs are awesome, but inneficient. a tank can carry the same kind of firepower, but is faster, harder to hit, doesn't need to sluggishly turn the entire thing around if something comes from the other side (it can simply rotate the turret), and better protected (because the operator isn't in a plexiglass cabin)
However, as a counterpoint, tanks have the eternal problem of "Tread Broken! We are Stuck!"

In Iron Marines does your fleet that's waiting in orbit have a space battle being fought at the same time?
what's the age of the average common militia?
If all humanoid heroes are put into a zombie apocalypse scenario who would survive the longest?
Why do the heroes' eyes glow??
Where and how did Alric get his perfect haircut?

- No. All battles will be on the planets surface.
- All Iron Marines are volunteers, ages range between 20 -45.
- Bravebark, Durax, Grawl and Ignus... Zombies don't eat wood, crystal, stone nor fire. :P
- To make them look awesome, of course.
- He goes to the same hairdresser as Uchiha Sasuke.

PitNata wrote:Would you implement in Iron Marines, that the Aliens (or whatever their name faction is)will be playable? I mean like the Renegade Post in KR:O but that it can be constructed of some sort, or be used as Powerup (like Paradrop, lol, Perhaps Teleporting)?

Will the Iron Marines work on the Ios/Android platforms that have only/less 512 RAM Memory?

When the Iron Marines come out, do you expect that people will turn crazy? like: :yey:

We would love to make it so Iron Marines has more than one playable faction, but we have to take the memory use into consideration. Iron Marines will take a lot of space on mobile devices, adding more than one playable faction might make the game imposible to install on all but a few devices.

Iron Marines won't be able to run on anything with less than 1GB RAM Memory. It has more detail and animations than Origins.

We definitely hope that people will love it. It's definitely different than anything else on the mobile market right now. So... fingers crossed.

FastAndBlast wrote:Have you ever thought of implementing a feature that allowed mods to be created for the game? ;)

Yes! Many times. And it might end up happening for one of our next games. Specially on PC ports. (Mods on mobile are beyond nightmarish to optimize).

Simmonds91 wrote:You guys gonna stream on twitch again anytime soon?

Edit: funny, theres a stream on in an hour hahaha, what a coincidence!

Hehe. Next stream will be on October 28th. 14.30 (PDT).

RZRider wrote:When will u beta test for iron marines?

If all goes well, we might do a short Beta round for mobile devices before this year ends. Stay tuned.
User

by PitNata » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:27 am

Will not work less than 1GB Ram

Oh well, that does mean that my device isn't going to see it, although need to wait for the PC version to come...

If you are going (willing) to add a new playable faction (race or whatever) they will have own story, or they are just will replace the original faction instead?

By the way, if Iron Marines have more size than other games (KR) would that mean that it will have more than 1GB? to me, it will actually weight 1gb, and perhaps between 2gb but not more.
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:53 am

PitNata wrote:Oh well, that does mean that my device isn't going to see it, although need to wait for the PC version to come...

If you are going (willing) to add a new playable faction (race or whatever) they will have own story, or they are just will replace the original faction instead?

By the way, if Iron Marines have more size than other games (KR) would that mean that it will have more than 1GB? to me, it will actually weight 1gb, and perhaps between 2gb but not more.

RAM is different than the amount of space it requires in your phone hard drive. Usually big mobile games takes around 200-300 MB in the hard drive so ill expect IM to be around that, RAM is basically, ummm, well the processing power (sort of) it takes to run, if you have more RAM you can run it smoother and maybe run some other programs behind the game
Every soul is sacred, no one has to die
I just change the pace of inevitability
User

by xstargaming » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:41 pm

FeedDaKingdom wrote:
PitNata wrote:Oh well, that does mean that my device isn't going to see it, although need to wait for the PC version to come...

RAM is different than the amount of space it requires in your phone hard drive. Usually big mobile games takes around 200-300 MB in the hard drive so ill expect IM to be around that, RAM is basically, ummm, well the processing power (sort of) it takes to run, if you have more RAM you can run it smoother and maybe run some other programs behind the game

RAM stands for Random Access Memory; it's essentially volatile memory where programs running on your computer copy temporary variables to keep track of everything that the program is trying to do. :)
User

by PitNata » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:50 am

Sorry, you misunderstood me, i wasn't meant size of RAM (and believe me, i know about this and ROM too) i was meant about size of the game itself, i was curious about it.

Yet i do not have enough RAM to run IM propetly. even if it will run, some places where actually takes a lot of RAM to run, should be lags... While none I observed in KR trilogy games.

So, since the IGS will make future games on the Unity source, it will easier to port it to another platforms, that means PC will be one of them.
User

by FeedDaKingdom » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:29 pm

I meant the KR Militias, they all look so young and eager :(
you guys did a sneaky little update on KRF Mobile :P
[+] SPOILER
Last edited by FeedDaKingdom on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by PitNata » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:41 pm

KR militias

Haha, good one. I think you meant me, perhaps a little :)
User

by The Kingmaker » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:33 am

*Rises from my slumber*

What would you like a Star Wars Anthology film about?

Besides Obi Wan, probably Yoda, or even Poe Dameron once his character is established.

A Donald Glover Lando solo would be great too.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by TheLightBringer » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:18 pm

1) KR is a game which has an end (unfortunately), thus it will never have a very stable community size (people can just finish the whole KR series in a week and never invest much more time or resource on KR than that, unless a new game will be added to the serie), do you guys think of it as a problem?

2) Are you guys planning on implementing multiplayer system into KR? (after all, I don't know how large impact it would have on players - loyal players will stay loyal regardless, and while it could attract new ones or make them stay longer, unless they become 'loyal' to the game I doubt this will be the thing that will make them stay a whole lot of time)

3) Do you guys take notes of ideas from the forums?

4) How do you decide whether an idea is good or not?

5) What would you do if you have an idea which is unnecessary to the game, yet it hypes the community you share it with?

6) How do you feel about the KRF testing?

7) Given one has an idea which he put a LOT of effort into it, but it also very long and detailed, would you guys actually sit down and read it?

8) Would you ever revamp the forums to be more eye-catching/attractive? (especially by the time the community grows)

:hero:
User

by The_TaTs » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:02 pm

PitNata wrote:
Will not work less than 1GB Ram

Oh well, that does mean that my device isn't going to see it, although need to wait for the PC version to come...

If we were going to add another faction, it will have its own units and buildings.

Can't tell the final size for sure, but we do know it will take more memory space than KRO, and will use as much RAM or maybe more.

The Kingmaker wrote:*Rises from my slumber*

What would you like a Star Wars Anthology film about?

Besides Obi Wan, probably Yoda, or even Poe Dameron once his character is established.

A Donald Glover Lando solo would be great too.

I would love to see a movie about the Emperor in his youth, how he was recruited by his Sith Master and when did he plotted to overthrown the republic.
On the other hand... too much information usually kills Fantasy. So maybe I would rather see a movie about Wedge Antilles. :D

TheLightBringer wrote:1) KR is a game which has an end (unfortunately), thus it will never have a very stable community size (people can just finish the whole KR series in a week and never invest much more time or resource on KR than that, unless a new game will be added to the serie), do you guys think of it as a problem?

2) Are you guys planning on implementing multiplayer system into KR? (after all, I don't know how large impact it would have on players - loyal players will stay loyal regardless, and while it could attract new ones or make them stay longer, unless they become 'loyal' to the game I doubt this will be the thing that will make them stay a whole lot of time)

3) Do you guys take notes of ideas from the forums?

4) How do you decide whether an idea is good or not?

5) What would you do if you have an idea which is unnecessary to the game, yet it hypes the community you share it with?

6) How do you feel about the KRF testing?

7) Given one has an idea which he put a LOT of effort into it, but it also very long and detailed, would you guys actually sit down and read it?

8) Would you ever revamp the forums to be more eye-catching/attractive? (especially by the time the community grows)

:hero:

1) We think of it as a inevitable part of making these types of games. This might change if we eventually allow mods in some of our future games.

2) We would love to implement some sort of multiplayer feature, but it's a huge risk. The market is changing super fast and there are so many big studios making multiplayer games for mobile devices and spending tens of millions of dollars in marketing campaigns. We don't have that kind of money.
Also, online multiplayer games require dedicated servers, 24hrs technical support to keep it running and 24hrs customer support to keep players happy. We would also need to keep releasing updates for years, to keep players interested. We would have to go from a 30 person studio, to a 80 person studio.

3) We take more feedback and opinions on what we are doing right and wrong. We also measure your interest in different stuff. (We know that you guys would never forgive us if we make a new update for Origins and is not about Dragon Throne).

4) We duel with giant foam swords. The winner is right about whether an idea is good or bad.

5) We ponder the costs vs the benefits.

6) I'm super happy. People is taking it seriously and doesn't go around spoiling stuff to the rest. :)

7) Sometimes we might. The biggest problem is that coming up for ideas without being deeply involved with our development process creates an inevitable distance between what's feasible and what isn't. Then there's also the fact that most ideas don't take into consideration the cost... remember, we pay salaries... so every visual feature, every line of code, every balance tweak... it costs money. At the end of the month, we have to pay up, no matter what. So when we give the green light for something, and allocate tasks to our team mates, it's going to have a very tangible economical cost.

8) We want to. We are looking at some options and will try to make a migration eventually. :D
User

by shakinthembones » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:00 pm

Just wondering how I find the new towers, I can't get tesla, sorcelery, or barbarian halls. Thanks. It says new towers unlocked but I have no idea where to find them
User

by Minuet » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:25 pm

shakinthembones wrote:Just wondering how I find the new towers, I can't get tesla, sorcelery, or barbarian halls. Thanks. It says new towers unlocked but I have no idea where to find them

You upgrade artillery/mages/barracks up to level three then when you go to upgrade to level four you should have two options.
Back To The Shadows of Hell ~ Be Quick Or Be Dead ~ Let's Get Shooting ~ Natha Daged Dhaer ~ Clear Your Mind ~ Crimson Skies
User

by TheLightBringer » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:31 pm

The_TaTs wrote:7) Sometimes we might. The biggest problem is that coming up for ideas without being deeply involved with our development process creates an inevitable distance between what's feasible and what isn't. Then there's also the fact that most ideas don't take into consideration the cost... remember, we pay salaries... so every visual feature, every line of code, every balance tweak... it costs money. At the end of the month, we have to pay up, no matter what. So when we give the green light for something, and allocate tasks to our team mates, it's going to have a very tangible economical cost.

How about suing this guy who claims to be the developer of "Middle Age Kingdom" and getting enough money to accept any good idea that the community comes up with? :D
[+] SPOILER

*in case imgur deleted the image -
https://apkpure.com/middle-age-kingdom/ ... ih.msdicts
http://www.androidappsgame.com/middle-age-kingdom
http://m.allfreeapk.com/middle-age-kingdom,3157716/

Now more seriously, you guys could get a fortune that would allow you to get to that 80 people studio from the 20 people studio, just from presecuting such cases (we see too many of them).. or is it actually that simple?
User

by GeminiSparkSP » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:33 am

I saw the Halloween update tweet.

So, Lucrezia confirmed?
Sigh, no more signature jokes.
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:24 am

Since the Tesla X104 exists, who was Tesla?
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by FeedDaKingdom » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:45 am

What's the fluffiest thing on the studio?
What's Alric's favorite food?
What's Mirage's favorite food?
What's Magnus's favorite food?
What's Reg'son's favorite food?
What's Lynn's favorite food?
User

PreviousNext