A basic fire magician/wizard without a backstory. Deal with it

Stats (Level 10)
Health: 300
Attacks: N/A
Healing: 8%/s
Respawn: 15 Seconds
Movement: Slow

Skills:
His active skills are activatable and replace reinforcements and rain of fire/lightning strike.

Empowering Fire (Heroic Slot) 6/5/4 Second Cooldown
Improve your next active ability
Fireball strike explodes for 200/240/280 additional area damage with the circumference of the standard path size.
Small Sun stuns opponents in the area.
Fiery Teleport damage cooldown is reset.

Fireball Strike (Reinforcements Slot) 6/6/5 Second Cooldown
Ezmiran deals 250/300/350 damage to a single target

Small Sun (Rain of Fire/Lightning Bolt Slot) 22/20/18
Ezmiran creates a small sun that lasts 5/7/9 seconds, deals 20/30/40 damage per second to nearby enemies, slows them by 25%, and they cannot attack.

Fiery Teleport (Long Range Movement)
When Ezmiran moves long distances, he teleports dealing 20/30/40 damage around him at his start and end positions. Damage occurs every 8 seconds.

Scorching Path Passive
Wherever Ezmiran stands or moves the ground below gets scorched for 5/6/7 seconds. Enemies who pass through scorched ground take 10/15/20 damage a second for 1.5 seconds. Every second they are on scorched ground, the duration is increased by 1.5 seconds.

To anyone who sees this, I would appreciate opinions and balance suggestions.
Last edited by Sinque Productions on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:59 am, edited 7 times in total.
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User

Re: Hero: Ezmiran the Fire Magician

by PitNata » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:02 pm

Sinque Productions wrote:
Ezmiran the Magician

A basic fire magician/wizard without a backstory. Deal with it

Stats (Level 10)
Health: 300
Attacks: N/A
Healing: 8%/s
Respawn: 15 Seconds
Movement: Slow

Skills:
His active skills are activatable and replace reinforcements and rain of fire/lightning strike.

Empowering Fire (Heroic Slot) 5/4/3 Second Cooldown
Fireball strike explodes for 280/320/360 additional area damage with the circumference of the standard path size.

Fireball Strike (Reinforcements Slot) 5/5/4 Second Cooldown
Ezmiran deals 350/400/450 damage to a single target

Small Sun (Rain of Fire/Lightning Bolt Slot) 16/14/12
Ezmiran creates a small sun that lasts 5/7/10 seconds, deals 20/30/40 damage per second to nearby enemies, slows them by 25%, and they cannot attack.

Fiery Teleport (Long Range Movement)
When Ezmiran moves long distances, he teleports dealing 20/30/40 damage around him at his start and end positions. Damage occurs every 8 seconds.

Scorching Path Passive
Wherever Ezmiran stands or moves the ground below gets scorched for 5/6/7 seconds. Enemies who pass through scorched ground take 10/15/20 damage a second for 1.5 seconds. Every second they are on scorched ground, the duration is increased by 1.5 seconds.

To anyone who sees this, I would appreciate opinions and balance suggestions.

A very interesting concept you have, as you made a character which is his own spells are giving him offensive capabilities (and without them, just a meat cannon)

Ezmiran is quite needed in micromanagment, as you have to get attention of moving him and using his own abilities to the limit. Which is something like if you're played Mirage.

Empowering Fire (Heroic Slot) 5/4/3 Second Cooldown
Fireball strike explodes for 280/320/360 additional area damage with the circumference of the standard path size.

I like this Hero Spell. The allowance to improve your abilities, making them stronger is good. It's also allows you to reduce Fiery Teleport Cooldown to 3 seconds if maxed, which
now becomes a very nice crowd control move.
Somewhat Small Sun's Slow & No Attack ability are becoming useless, since Stun ability does this both, Perhaps you could change it for something better.
Fireball Strike is quite powerful if used in conjuction Empowering Fire. Within 20 seconds, you can unleash 4050 damage (Total Dmg on Center) on the selected target, which could kill
any unit, even golems. It is quite OP, so i would suggest increased cooldown a bit.

Scorching Path Passive

It seems like weaker Scourching Earth of the RoF. I could set traps with this. 200 dmg total on 10.5 seconds duration (Which i think works also when you're not standing on it) No cooldown, and it combines with Fiery Teleport. It gives a real feeling you are setting the world on fire.
I'm modding Kingdom Rush. :geek:
User

by Sinque Productions » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback :)

I made some changes.
User

by The Kingmaker » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:11 pm

Wow! That is a very unique hero.

Interesting enough, I've made a cluster of mage heroes recently, and a fire mage with his hero spell being a different kind of buff is next on my list. I may change my plans.

First thought: Can I not use reinforcements, or Thunder when using this hero? If so, he needs to make up for that huge loss. If yes, how do I use them?

Fireball strike could do with a longer cooldown or lower damage, the former if its empowered buff remains the same. Silver Bullet deals 320 damage every 12 seconds. 400 damage every 5 seconds with a possible 320 AoE is rather ridiculous, I'm afraid. Something the other side of 15 seconds would be more appropriate. The buff could instead increase damage, with overkill damage being AoE, instead of a flat AoE.

Small Sun deals 400 AoE damage, slows, and is back 2 seconds after it is gone. Again, less damage, higher cooldown, or both would balance the cool concept.

The teleport deals damage... every 8 seconds? I assume he can teleport anytime, but only deals damage every 8 seconds. Personally 4-5 seconds would be better.

And Scorched Earth lasts until the enemy is killed? Enemies increase its duration? It base duration is too high to be increased further relative to its cooldown, less damage or duration, or removing the increase is the way here.

Again, this is an amazing concept, pretty well realised, however there are some balancing issues to address to reach its full potential.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Sinque Productions » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:55 am

There aren't reinforcements or rain of fire when using this hero, his powerful abilities are meant to make up for it.

Scorched Path doesn't last forever. It last while enemies are on it. The longer an enemy is on it, the longer the duration.

I changed some things for better balance.
User