Yōkai KR enemies

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

Yōkai KR enemies

by Ruby_Hex » Sun May 28, 2017 12:24 am

Hello to all. Japanese myth and folklore is home to some of the most interesting creatures and monsters, especially to someone who is generally unfamiliar with them, like me. These creatures are typically referred to as "Yōkai", meaning something along the lines of "Ghost", "Phantom" or "Strange apparition". Here, I will be using these creatures to make enemies for the Kingdom Rush series. Please note that, in some cases, I took minor creative liberties. As I am horrible at balancing, I would appreciate any critiques. :ugeek:

Name: Daitengu
Appearance: A tall, red-skinned humanoid with a long nose, black talons, crow wings, long black hair and a black beard. They wield a feather fan. Here is their outfit: https://files.tofugu.com/articles/japan/2016-11-15-tengu/tengu-sword.jpg
Description: Full of pride and full of power, the haughty Daitengu demands respect from all.
HP: 900
Damage: 60 - 70 (They slash with their sword)
Ranged damage: 45 - 60 (They send forth a gust of wind with their fan)
Speed: Slow (when walking), medium (when flying).
Armor Rating: None
Magic Resistance: Low
Lives Taken: 3
Abilities: A Daitengu will fly every six seconds, allowing it to bypass heroes, soldiers and bombard while making it faster. Every time it begins to fly it has a 25% chance to summon a Kotengu.

Name: Kotengu
Appearance: Kotengu somewhat resemble Daitengu but with a crows head, hands, feet and tail. They have a similar outfit, but it is baby blue instead of green. They lack the fan and sword of a Daitengu and instead wield a Shakujo staff. Here is what their outfit, expression and headdress looks like: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Karasu-Tengu-Statue.jpg
Description: Lesser Tengu that follow the fearsome Daitengu out of fear and admiration.
HP: 675
Damage: 40 - 50
Ranged damage: None
Speed: Slow (when walking), fast (when flying)
Armor Rating: Low
Magic Resistance: None
Lives Taken: 2
Abilities: Kotengu can fly.

Name: Oni
Appearance: Oni are muscular creatures that have red skin, three horns, wild black hair, yellow eyes and a wicked grin. Their grin is filled with sharp teeth and a pair of tusks that emerge from the sides of the top jaw and curve outwards. They have loincloths made of tiger hide, stolen Samurai armor on their upper arms and upper legs as well as metal bands around their lower arms and legs. In one hand they wield a spiked, iron kanabō club, and in the other, a large, primitive drumstick. They have sharp fingernails and toenails as well as a ring of drums floating behind their back like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/3st4sj/raijin_the_japanese_god_of_thunder_i_would_be/
Description: Monstrously powerful demonic sorcerers of great brute strength.
HP: 980
Damage: 80 - 90
Speed: Slow, medium when at 25% health or less.
Magic Resistance: Low (when surrounded by lightning aura)
Lives Taken: 4
Abilities: An Oni's armor and magic resistance switches every eight seconds, signified by a lightning aura when it obtains magic resistance, and a drum-like noise caused when they strike one of the drums behind them with their drumstick. If a group of four or more enemies is before it, even when slightly out of melee range, it will strike the ground with its kanabō, causing a small earthquake similar to the one caused by Malik Hammerfury. This earthquake insta-kills all poisoned enemies and does 125 - 175 damage to all others. An Oni can poison enemies by releasing a puff of green smoke from its mouth when in melee-range. It does this while attacking.

Name: Akuma
Appearance: Akuma take the form of iron helmets designed to resemble that of a samurai's helmet. The mask possesses an unnatural grin and eyes concealed by shadow. The top of the helmet is enlarged and has another face carved into it with sharp teeth bared and eyes wide. This helmet floats above a pillar of smoke surrounded by three floating iron shields that spin slowly. When angered, an Akuma will ignite its body, turning itself into an inferno.
Description: Temperamental fire monsters with iron shields and heads.
HP: 500
Damage: 50 - 55
Ranged damage: 40 - 50
Speed: Slow (normal), medium (enraged)
Abilities: They spawn Enenra every 4.5 seconds when they aren't enraged. They become enraged when fighting soldiers such as heroes or barracks and stay this way for three seconds after, gaining extra speed. Their attacks have a chance to set opponents on fire (25%) and they deal double damage in an AoE when they first become enraged by causing a wave of fire. Otherwise, they shoot fire from their mouth. (Is this too much?)

Name: Enenra
Appearance: Smokey wisps that form the shape of people.
Description: Mysterious Enenra are renowned for their resilience to conventional weaponry.
HP: 285
Damage: 38 - 45
Speed: Medium
Armor Rating: High (Think of this as a by-product of their smokey body)
Lives Taken: 1
Abilities: In addition to being summoned by Akuma, Enenra can also arise at a random rate every round from deserted but still smoldering bonfires that appear throughout the level. Enenra deal magic damage.

Name: Lesser Gashadokuro
Appearance: Massive skeletons that crawl on the ground, their legs collapsed beneath their own weight, likely left behind long ago. They have eerie, empty eyes and are slightly larger than Cerberus.
Description: The crumbling upper half of massive skeletons, their legs are now long gone.
HP: 6000
Damage: 80 - 110
Ranged damage: 80 - 90
Speed: Slow
Armor Rating: High
Lives Taken: 20
Abilities: Gashadokuro are mini-bosses, making them immune to the same things that bosses are immune to. When opponent of theirs is at 90 HP or lower, Gashadokuro will finish the opponent off by swallowing them hole, rather than swiping at them with their arm. When they do so, they gain two ranged attacks that they can use against enemies by ejecting bones from their mouths.

Name: Greater Gashadokuro
Appearance: Greater Gashadokuro that possess legs and walk quickly with large strides. They stand erect and are very tall, slight exceeding J.T. in height.
Description: Huge skeletons formed from the bones of slain armies, they are eternally starving.
Abilities: Greater Gashadokuro are mini-bosses but have only five hundred HP. However, they move rather fast and, once their HP is drained, collapse to the ground, forming lesser Gashadokuro. When attacked, soldiers and towers target the legs of a Greater Gashadokuro. Any soldiers near the monster when it collapses takes 150 damage from being crushed by the shattered shards of bone.

Name: Kappa
Appearance: Bipedal, humanoid creatures with green skin, webbed hands and feet, turtle beaks, stringy, black hair, a turtles shell and a tail. Atop their heads is a bowl-like crevice containing water that allows them to live.
Description: Without water in their head, these devious creatures die.
HP: 380
Damage: 30 - 40
Speed: Medium, (when on land), fast (when in water [they would appear in "rising-tides"-type levels.]).
Armor Rating: High (When targeted from behind only)
Abilities: Kappa have healing abilities exceeding that of a trolls and deal double damage when in groups of three or more. However, if they stay out of water for too long, their water begins to dry up. If they stay out of water for six seconds or more, they loose their healing ability.

Name: Akateko
Appearance: Oversized, red hands with black claws. They scuttle on the ground.
Description: Dangling from trees, aggressive Akateko spring to life and attack.
HP: 80
Damage: 30 - 38
Speed: Fast
Abilities: If an Akateko dies with a soldier (that isn't a hero) nearby, they grab onto the soldiers ankle and pull them into the ground, insta-killing them. These creatures would appear in levels with trees and fling themselves from the trees in random amounts at random points along the path.

Name: Basan
Appearance: About the size of a typical soldier, these creatures have the appearance of roosters with fiery feather colours.
Description: Walking infernos, Basan release jets of fire that can raze entire forests.
HP: 220
Ranged damage: 90 - 98
Abilities: A Basan's ranged attack affects up to three soldiers and has a 50% chance to set anything hit by it on fire. They explode on death like a demon.

Name: Water Bake-Kujira
Appearance: Eerie whale skeletons with wide, dead eyes still lingering in their wretched sockets. They are surrounded by a putrid glow, have harpoons stuck in their bones and temporarily darken the waters that they pass through. Around their massive bodies are several unhealthy-looking fish and seabirds.
Description: The blessing of seeing a whale arise from the sea can be warped into a horrible curse when the souls of dead whales linger in the mortal world.
HP: 600
Damage: None
Speed: medium
Magic Resistance: Medium
Abilities: Heroes and soldiers that are near it while it floats through the sea have a 50% chance to become poisoned and spread the poison to any other heroes or soldiers that they come in contact with in any way. Unlike normal, this poison kills soldiers instantly after five to ten seconds and does not cause a green aura. After a Water Bake-Kujira dies in the water, its body becomes consumed by the waves and it reappears on the land in a burst of water as a Land Bake-Kujira. This is similar to another skeletal enemy, the Gashadokuro.

Name: Land Bake-Kujira
Appearance: Eerie whale skeletons with wide, dead eyes still lingering in their wretched sockets. They are surrounded by a putrid glow, have harpoons stuck in their bones and temporarily darken the ground that they crawl along.
Description: The blessing of seeing a whale arise from the sea can be warped into a horrible curse when the souls of dead whales linger in the mortal world.
HP: 400
Damage: 62 - 78
Abilities: If three or more soldiers (including heroes) are before a Bake-Kujira, rather than attacking them individually, they are sucked into the beasts gaping maw, insta-killed. They affect all nearby enemies with their poison when they die.

(The following are not completed... yet...)

Name: Fūri
Appearance:
Description:
HP:
Damage:
Ranged damage:
Speed:
Armor Rating:
Magic Resistance:
Lives Taken:
Abilities:

Name: Heikegani
Appearance: Large, brown-black crabs with a scowling, scrunched-up Oni face resembling the mask of a Samurai. They have large claws and transform into a normal crab that scuttles away upon death, the warriors soul finally released.
Description: Warrior souls trapped with crabs, they have nearly impenetrable armor.
HP: 820
Damage: Instakill
Lives Taken: Four
Abilities: Heikegani instakill all soldiers, and the more they devour, the faster they move. Fortunately, the more towers that strike them, the slower they will move, and if you are careful, you can keep Heikegani away from your soldiers just long enough to kill them.

Name: Hō-ō
Appearance:
Description:
HP:
Damage:
Ranged damage:
Speed:
Armor Rating:
Magic Resistance:
Lives Taken:
Abilities:

Name: Isonade
Appearance:
Description:
HP:
Damage:
Ranged damage:
Speed:
Armor Rating:
Magic Resistance:
Lives Taken:
Abilities:

Name: Jorōgumo
Appearance:
Description:
HP:
Damage:
Ranged damage:
Speed:
Armor Rating:
Magic Resistance:
Lives Taken:
Abilities:

Name: Jubokko
Appearance:
Description:
HP:
Damage:
Ranged damage:
Speed:
Armor Rating:
Magic Resistance:
Lives Taken:
Abilities:

Name: Kiyohime
Appearance:
Description:
HP:
Damage:
Ranged damage:
Speed:
Armor Rating:
Magic Resistance:
Lives Taken:
Abilities:

Now for the hero! :yey:

Name:
Title: The Kitsune
Appearance:
Backstory:
Quotes:
Cost:
HP:
Armor:
Speed:
Damage:
Abilities:
Hero spell:
Other stuff:

Lastly, here is a sneak-peak(?) at what the other enemies will be like!
Bake-kujira - ghostly whale skeletons
Fūri - monkey-like creature
Heikegani - Oni-faced crabs
Hō-ō - Phoenix
Isonade - Barb-tailed fish monster
Jorōgumo - Spider-woman
Jubokko - Vampiric tree
Kiyohime - Serpent monster
Last edited by Ruby_Hex on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:49 am, edited 6 times in total.
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

Re: Yōkai KR enemies

by nova_n » Mon May 29, 2017 5:10 am

Hey ruby, you have gret ideas. but this place is kinda dead so no one would see it. go to our discord. it is called razorleaf is siper effective. cya there
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon May 29, 2017 6:00 am

nova_n wrote:Hey ruby, you have gret ideas. but this place is kinda dead so no one would see it. go to our discord. it is called razorleaf is siper effective. cya there

If you all left discord, it wouldn't be dead. Catch 22.
Yes it's me

by Manijure » Mon May 29, 2017 2:40 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
nova_n wrote:Hey ruby, you have gret ideas. but this place is kinda dead so no one would see it. go to our discord. it is called razorleaf is siper effective. cya there

My stance is still the same.
"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."
User

by Ninja » Mon May 29, 2017 3:39 pm

@NovaN: The Discord doesn't have the optimal layout for posting Fan Fiction ideas. Please stop trying to entice more forumers to take all their ideas and conversations to Discord. Image
Last edited by Ninja on Mon May 29, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:hero:
User

by magicmetal03 » Mon May 29, 2017 5:30 pm

Ninja wrote:@NovaN: The Discord doesn't the optimal layout for posting Fan Fiction ideas. Please stop trying to entice more forumers to take all their ideas and conversations to Discord. Image

^

The forum is indeed still better and easier to do these stuff.

Anyways, I do like the Japanese KR enemies. I can't balance them for ny life, but I like them. They're unique.
P-Pencil

Mostly ded.
User

by Ruby_Hex » Mon May 29, 2017 11:56 pm

Yea, I figured I might as well, though. Out of the remaining people here, does anyone have any input? I NEED YOUR REVIEWING SKILLS, BBB! Anywho, thanks, by the way, for the compliment!
Last edited by Ruby_Hex on Tue May 30, 2017 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by Ruby_Hex » Mon May 29, 2017 11:58 pm

Anyways, I do like the Japanese KR enemies. I can't balance them for ny life, but I like them. They're unique.[/quote]
(Double post) Thank you!
User

by Ruby_Hex » Tue May 30, 2017 12:00 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:

(Triple post) Haha! The ball is now in your court, er... everyone who left the forums!
User

by Ninja » Tue May 30, 2017 4:20 am

I do have input, but I'm going to sleep now, so I'll talk tomorrow. Also, it's easier to critique the balancing of enemies when they are in a campaign. If I don't know the context in which the enemies are meant to be performing in, then I can't judge how they would perform (well or badly) extremely accurately.
:hero:
User

by Ruby_Hex » Tue May 30, 2017 11:00 pm

Ninja wrote:I do have input, but I'm going to sleep now, so I'll talk tomorrow. Also, it's easier to critique the balancing of enemies when they are in a campaign. If I don't know the context in which the enemies are meant to be performing in, then I can't judge how they would perform (well or badly) extremely accurately.

I see your point, but I have no context in mind for them... I might add in one later, though.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed May 31, 2017 7:27 pm

Ruby_Hex wrote:Name: Daitengu
Appearance: A tall, red-skinned humanoid with a long nose, black talons, crow wings, long black hair and a black beard. They wield a feather fan. Here is their outfit: https://files.tofugu.com/articles/japan/2016-11-15-tengu/tengu-sword.jpg
Description: Full of pride and full of power, the haughty Daitengu demands respect from all.
Abilities: A Daitengu will fly every six seconds, allowing it to bypass heroes, soldiers and bombard while making it faster. Every time it begins to fly it has a 25% chance to summon a Kotengu. Upon death, in a stubborn attempt to remain in the living world, the arrogant Daitengu soul will cause a miniature storm of violent wind that stuns all soldiers and heroes caught in it for 5 seconds.

OK, first off, I think you've chosen a great subject to base an enemy group on. Japanese folklore and mythology is vast and unique so there should be no end of clever interpretations here.

I think the Daitengu has just a few too many skills. A melee attack, a ranged attack, bonus flight, summoning and a death attack. That's a lot. I'd get rid of the ranged attack and the death attack. Maybe change the flight to flying over units (like Gulaemon), and have the summoned enemies appear as a result of it dying.

Appearance: Kotengu somewhat resemble Daitengu but with a crows head, hands, feet and tail. They have a similar outfit, but it is baby blue instead of green. They lack the fan and sword of a Daitengu and instead wield a Shakujo staff. Here is what their outfit, expression and headdress looks like: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Karasu-Tengu-Statue.jpg
Description: Lesser Tengu that follow the fearsome Daitengu out of fear and admiration.
Abilities: Same as a Daitengu except they can't summon Kotengu and they move faster when flying.

I really can't help you with the balancing of stats and things, but this looks like an acceptable 'offpsring' of the last one.

Appearance: Oni are muscular creatures that have red skin, three horns, wild black hair, yellow eyes and a wicked grin. Their grin is filled with sharp teeth and a pair of tusks that emerge from the sides of the top jaw and curve outwards. They have loincloths made of tiger hide, stolen Samurai armor on their upper arms and upper legs as well as metal bands around their lower arms and legs. In one hand they wield a spiked, iron kanabō club, and in the other, a large, primitive drumstick. They have sharp fingernails and toenails as well as a ring of drums floating behind their back like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/3st4sj/raijin_the_japanese_god_of_thunder_i_would_be/
Abilities: An Oni's armor and magic resistance switches every eight seconds, signified by a lightning aura when it obtains magic resistance, and a drum-like noise caused when they strike one of the drums behind them with their drumstick. If a group of four or more enemies is before it, even when slightly out of melee range, it will strike the ground with its kanabō, causing a small earthquake similar to the one caused by Malik Hammerfury. This earthquake insta-kills all poisoned enemies and does 125 - 175 damage to all others. An Oni can poison enemies by releasing a puff of green smoke from its mouth when in melee-range. It does this while attacking.

OK. I LOVE the armour swapping ability. That's realy clever, but I think something a bit more obvious is needed to signify its change. Relying on sound isn't effective if you play with the sound muted. A colour change would be better; Red for physical armour, and then glowing blue for the lightning and Magic resistance.

Appearance: Akuma take the form of iron helmets designed to resemble that of a samurai's helmet. The mask possesses an unnatural grin and eyes concealed by shadow. The top of the helmet is enlarged and has another face carved into it with sharp teeth bared and eyes wide. This helmet floats above a pillar of smoke surrounded by three floating iron shields that spin slowly. When angered, an Akuma will ignite its body, turning itself into an inferno.
Armor Rating: Low (to barracks), high (to archers), medium (to anything else)
Abilities: Akuma have varying armor ratings depending on what they are being attacked by. They spawn Enenra every 4.5 seconds when they aren't enraged. They become enraged when fighting soldiers such as heroes or barracks and stay this way for three seconds after, gaining extra speed. Their attacks have a chance to set opponents on fire (25%) and they deal double damage in an AoE when they first become enraged by causing a wave of fire. Otherwise, they shoot fire from their mouth. (Is this too much?)

Nice design, I can picture this and it looks bizarre and scary at the same time. The three different resistances is a bit confusing, I'd remove that personally since, as you say, you have a little too much again. But I like the enraged skill, and having them light on fire as a result of being enraged is a nice touch. Maybe with the floating shields, they could have a degree of invulnerability to attacks for a certain amount of damage, much like Arivan's boulders protect him for a while.

Appearance: Massive skeletons that crawl on the ground, their legs collapsed beneath their own weight, likely left behind long ago. They have eerie, empty eyes and are slightly larger than Cerberus.
Description: The crumbling upper half of massive skeletons, their legs are now long gone.
Abilities: Gashadokuro are mini-bosses, making them immune to the same things that bosses are immune to. When opponent of theirs is at 90 HP or lower, Gashadokuro will finish the opponent off by swallowing them hole, rather than swiping at them with their arm. When they do so, they gain two ranged attacks that they can use against enemies by ejecting bones from their mouths.

Evil. Love it.

Appearance: Greater Gashadokuro that possess legs and walk quickly with large strides. They stand erect and are very tall, slight exceeding J.T. in height.
Description: Huge skeletons formed from the bones of slain armies, they are eternally starving.
Abilities: Greater Gashadokuro are mini-bosses but have only five hundred HP. However, they move rather fast and, once their HP is drained, collapse to the ground, forming lesser Gashadokuro. When attacked, soldiers and towers target the legs of a Greater Gashadokuro. Any soldiers near the monster when it collapses takes 150 damage from being crushed by the shattered shards of bone.

It's a bit confusing, does killing it then turn it into a significantly more powerful mini-boss?

Appearance: Bipedal, humanoid creatures with green skin, webbed hands and feet, turtle beaks, stringy, black hair, a turtles shell and a tail. Atop their heads is a bowl-like crevice containing water that allows them to live.
Speed: Medium, (when on land), fast (when in water [they would appear in "rising-tides"-type levels.]).
Abilities: Kappa have healing abilities on par with a trolls and deal double damage when in groups of three or more. However, if they stay out of water for too long, their water begins to dry up. If they stay out of water for six seconds or more, they loose their healing ability and begin to take 40 damage every second.

The being out of water bit makes sense from a lore point of view, but unless a level had a lot of waterways for it to dive in and out of, it loosing HP would put it at a major disadvantage. All it would need is s strong enough barrack to hold it in place and it would eventually kill itself.

Abilities: If an Akateko dies with a soldier (that isn't a hero) nearby, they grab onto the soldiers ankle and pull them into the ground, insta-killing them. These creatures would appear in levels with trees and fling themselves from the trees in random amounts at random points along the path.

Oh! What!? No.. jees.. nightmare material. A Wallmaster and a Parasyte in one. Horrible. Kill it with fire!

Basan - giant, fire-chicken
Enenra - smoke monster
Bake-kujira - ghostly whale skeleton
Hō-ō - Phoenix
Jorōgumo - Spider-woman
Jubokko - Vampiric tree

I'm looking forward to Jorōgumo and especially the Jubokko, I'm excited to see your interpretation of a vampire tree.

Can I suggest a Rokurokubi and a Nukekubi as potential yokai for you to consider? Maybe even combining the two into a pre and post damage form?
Yes it's me

by Ruby_Hex » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:08 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Ruby_Hex wrote:Name: Daitengu
Abilities: A Daitengu will fly every six seconds, allowing it to bypass heroes, soldiers and bombard while making it faster. Every time it begins to fly it has a 25% chance to summon a Kotengu. Upon death, in a stubborn attempt to remain in the living world, the arrogant Daitengu soul will cause a miniature storm of violent wind that stuns all soldiers and heroes caught in it for 5 seconds.

OK, first off, I think you've chosen a great subject to base an enemy group on. Japanese folklore and mythology is vast and unique so there should be no end of clever interpretations here.

I think the Daitengu has just a few too many skills. A melee attack, a ranged attack, bonus flight, summoning and a death attack. That's a lot. I'd get rid of the ranged attack and the death attack. Maybe change the flight to flying over units (like Gulaemon), and have the summoned enemies appear as a result of it dying.

Abilities: Same as a Daitengu except they can't summon Kotengu and they move faster when flying.

I really can't help you with the balancing of stats and things, but this looks like an acceptable 'offpsring' of the last one.

OK. I LOVE the armour swapping ability. That's realy clever, but I think something a bit more obvious is needed to signify its change. Relying on sound isn't effective if you play with the sound muted. A colour change would be better; Red for physical armour, and then glowing blue for the lightning and Magic resistance.

Armor Rating: Low (to barracks), high (to archers), medium (to anything else)
Abilities: Akuma have varying armor ratings depending on what they are being attacked by. They spawn Enenra every 4.5 seconds when they aren't enraged. They become enraged when fighting soldiers such as heroes or barracks and stay this way for three seconds after, gaining extra speed. Their attacks have a chance to set opponents on fire (25%) and they deal double damage in an AoE when they first become enraged by causing a wave of fire. Otherwise, they shoot fire from their mouth. (Is this too much?)

Nice design, I can picture this and it looks bizarre and scary at the same time. The three different resistances is a bit confusing, I'd remove that personally since, as you say, you have a little too much again. But I like the enraged skill, and having them light on fire as a result of being enraged is a nice touch. Maybe with the floating shields, they could have a degree of invulnerability to attacks for a certain amount of damage, much like Arivan's boulders protect him for a while.

Evil. Love it.

It's a bit confusing, does killing it then turn it into a significantly more powerful mini-boss?

Abilities: Kappa have healing abilities on par with a trolls and deal double damage when in groups of three or more. However, if they stay out of water for too long, their water begins to dry up. If they stay out of water for six seconds or more, they loose their healing ability and begin to take 40 damage every second.

The being out of water bit makes sense from a lore point of view, but unless a level had a lot of waterways for it to dive in and out of, it loosing HP would put it at a major disadvantage. All it would need is s strong enough barrack to hold it in place and it would eventually kill itself.

Oh! What!? No.. jees.. nightmare material. A Wallmaster and a Parasyte in one. Horrible. Kill it with fire!

Basan - giant, fire-chicken
Enenra - smoke monster
Bake-kujira - ghostly whale skeleton
Hō-ō - Phoenix
Jorōgumo - Spider-woman
Jubokko - Vampiric tree

I'm looking forward to Jorōgumo and especially the Jubokko, I'm excited to see your interpretation of a vampire tree.

Can I suggest a Rokurokubi and a Nukekubi as potential yokai for you to consider? Maybe even combining the two into a pre and post damage form?

Thank you! I will look into your suggestions! Also, the idea of the Greater Gashadokuro was that it is a extra form of the Lesser Gashadokuro that prolongs its life and makes it a bit more interesting, though I see where you're coming from. I will eventually get to doing Rokurokubi and a Nukekubi.
User

by Ruby_Hex » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:20 pm

I added the Basan, Enenra and cleaned up some of the already-existing enemies.
User

by Ruby_Hex » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:40 am

Added the Bake-Kujira.
User

by Flamechar33 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:13 pm

I recently thought of doing a KR based around Japan sometime after I finish my current project, but I just found this and you definitely have more knowledge on Japanese mythology than I do. I will probably wait before doing my ideas, but I can't wait to see what tower and story ideas you have for this.
Time to get a new signature, and to replace my avatar.
User

by Ruby_Hex » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:43 am

Flamechar33 wrote:I recently thought of doing a KR based around Japan sometime after I finish my current project, but I just found this and you definitely have more knowledge on Japanese mythology than I do. I will probably wait before doing my ideas, but I can't wait to see what tower and story ideas you have for this.

Thank you! I'm no expert, I just know some of the basics.
User

by Ruby_Hex » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:47 am

I quickly added the Heikegani because I was bored, if anyone cares. Might get back to this thread... Maybe.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:13 pm

Ruby_Hex wrote:I quickly added the Heikegani because I was bored, if anyone cares. Might get back to this thread... Maybe.

I can imagine the Heikegani on a level where the Iron Challenge has Barracks and maybe one other tower, forcing you to use soldiers which would then result in it gaining additional speed. I like that skill, I may have to steal it (lol; I mean borrow ;))
Yes it's me

by Ruby_Hex » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:35 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Ruby_Hex wrote:I quickly added the Heikegani because I was bored, if anyone cares. Might get back to this thread... Maybe.

I can imagine the Heikegani on a level where the Iron Challenge has Barracks and maybe one other tower, forcing you to use soldiers which would then result in it gaining additional speed. I like that skill, I may have to steal it (lol; I mean borrow ;))

Cool. Thanks!
User