Is there an encyclopaedia?

A new Sci-Fi adventure! Mechas included.

Is there an encyclopaedia?

by DumplingIsNice » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:27 pm

Played the game immediately, the art and unit designs are charming, but sometimes people like me misses the notification when you first encounter a unit, building or enemy but still wanted to read the flavour text properly. So, like in Kingdom rush, I go to the encyclopaedia... Is it in the game somewhere? I can't find it or is it going to be added later?
User

Re: Is there an encyclopaedia?

by Sir Toddalot » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:32 pm

AerisDraco wrote:
As a beta tester, I can confirm there is no encyclopedia. Rip.

“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”

-The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss
User

by AerisDraco » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:39 pm

Also, as follow-up, Botch has confirmed there will be no in-game encyclopedia.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by The Kingmaker » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:14 pm

Which is questionable but he's explained his reasoning several times.

His reasoning being that he wants people to use their favourite things and make their favourites on their own and not get caught up on numbers - I have real intrinsic disagreements with it but I see his point of view. Aeris has a post with all the enemies in it, I'll ask him if he could make a 'dump' thread to be stickied with information of hero stats and enemies and towers and whatever.

Hopefully we'll be able to torture some actual numbers out of Pencil. :twisted:
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Sir Toddalot » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:08 am

I really hope they change their minds and put one in. I don't really care about numbers as much but I want to be able to see the info on the enemies and their abilities without having to replay the levels they first appear on. Same with your troops. :?
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”

-The Name of the Wind, Patrick Rothfuss
User

by Ninja » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:13 am

The Kingmaker wrote:Which is questionable but he's explained his reasoning several times.

His reasoning being that he wants people to use their favourite things and make their favourites on their own and not get caught up on numbers - I have real intrinsic disagreements with it but I see his point of view. Aeris has a post with all the enemies in it, I'll ask him if he could make a 'dump' thread to be stickied with information of hero stats and enemies and towers and whatever.

Did they even consider the fact that we'll want to make a wiki for IM? It's going to be really hard to obtain all those numbers by hand ...
:hero:
User

by Sinque Productions » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:28 am

The Kingmaker wrote:Which is questionable but he's explained his reasoning several times.

Here's an idea; there is an encyclopedia, but without specific stats (e.g. 65-80 damage). It will show say a description of the stat (e.g. high damage) instead. This will allow players to have clarification on troops to make better strategies (how good is this units damage again?).
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User

by DumplingIsNice » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:10 am

Sinque Productions wrote:

Here's an idea; there is an encyclopedia, but without specific stats (e.g. 65-80 damage). It will show say a description of the stat (e.g. high damage) instead. This will allow players to have clarification on troops to make better strategies (how good is this units damage again?).

Exactually! I forgot that fire damage ignores armour had an extremely hard time fighting those giant robot guys. But mostly, I just want to re-read flavour texts and learn names of the enemies.

One aspect that I found intriguing in KingdomRush was the names givin to individual barrack units when you select them (As shown at the bottom of the screen). And the same goes for the enemies (But with their actual name) which is a quick reminder of what those enemies are. I guess it was too much for the controls of Iron Marine.
User

by Ruby_Hex » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:31 pm

Sir Toddalot wrote:I really hope they change their minds and put one in. I don't really care about numbers as much but I want to be able to see the info on the enemies and their abilities without having to replay the levels they first appear on. Same with your troops. :?

This.
(Haven't played the game, yet, by the way.)
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by Ruby_Hex » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:31 pm

Ninja wrote: Did they even consider the fact that we'll want to make a wiki for IM? It's going to be really hard to obtain all those numbers by hand ...

Also this.
User

Location: Upon the bridge of Khazad-dhûm, puting up my final stand against the great Balrog Durin's Bane

by drb00t » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:38 pm

such a shame...also inconsistent with some of the wording of upgrades...some say "doubles" some say "30%" and others are vague...i really wish the numbers were in the game like the rush series...do my stats increase if i upgrade a heroes skill 1 point? makes the experience feel murky
User

by drb00t » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:41 pm

i just assumed it would have one since their other games have them and you can tell there was great care in crafting them. i hope they change their mind. we should start a change.org petition lol
User