Unofficial Encyclopedia

A new Sci-Fi adventure! Mechas included.

Unofficial Encyclopedia

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:52 am

Unofficial Iron Marines Encyclopedia

Yes it's me

Re: Unofficial Encyclopedia

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:16 pm

ENEMIES

SAGAN-1

FELLPLAGUE

Low-rank Fell soldiers that normally attack in large numbers. Their worm-gun might look funny, until it spits a bone spike aimed right at your chest.

Threat: Low
  • Light armor
  • Medium range

VILERUNNER

Normally attacking in packs, these vicious speedsters will cut down anything in their path. They are almost cute, but you better keep an eye on their oversized sharp claws.

• Melee combat
  • No armor

FELLSWARM

The first stage in the complex life cycle of the Fell. These tiny larvae roam in groups looking for something to dissolve and eat. Fellswarm are always hungry and seem to have acquired a taste for marines' legs

Threat: Very Low
  • Short range
  • Attacks only units

SPITTERBUG

These slow maggot-looking creatures attack by spitting at its target causing severe damage from a great distance. They smell awful on the inside too.

Threat: Moderate
  • High damage
  • Armor piercing attack
  • Long range

FELLWING

Some Fell seem to evolve into winged worms, spitting corrosive slime as a ranged attack. A nasty, ugly, and very deadly combination.

• No armor
  • Aerial enemy
  • Fast attack speed

HAMMERGRUB

Massive, slow, armored creatures that focus solely on breaching structures with its mighty tongue. Units in its path will be ignored and trampled, like a bug.

Threat: High
  • Heavy armor
  • Attacks only structures
  • Damages units in their path

ETHERLEECH

Bizarre parasites native to Sagan-1, able of drain etherwatts from our refineries. It fires energy balls to disable Towers before syphoning everything, even Marine's cell phone batteries.

• Steals Etherwatts
  • Disables Towers
  • Aerial enemy

MINDBANE

The foul mutation from Fell experimentation with etherium on humans. They dash to their victims, and unleash a deadly etherium shockwave. With their human nature erased, Mindbanes are like the walking dead.

• No armor
  • Area damage

DIREBOMBER

Using a specially bred worm-cannon, this huge Fell launches dangerous organic projectiles from a great distance. a good reason for any Marine not to leave their helmet behind.

• Area damage
  • Attacks over barriers
  • Very long range

GRIMCRUSHER

Ferocious, and able to withstand most attacks due to their great armor and health. They mimic rock formations to stay hidden until a victim is within reach. In Sagan-1, Marines have learned to mistrust even pet rock collections.

• Heavy armor
  • High melee damage

BLIGHTMOTHER

A huge, aerial bomber, that tosses unhatched eggs to the ground, creating long-lasting pools of corrosive goo. With this grotesque matriarch, it's not surprising that Fells have anger issues.

• Aerial enemy
  • On death, spawns Fellwings

BISHOP

Bulky and powerful this unique creature is an army on its own. Razor talons, long range projectiles, really fast and incredibly tough. Definitely a foe not to trifle with.

Threat: Very High
  • Superb health
  • Deals massive damage
  • Long range & melee combat

FELL TYRANT

This colossal creature is the undisputed Fell ruler. Unmatched regeneration and the ability to launch explosive eggs makes it almost a hopeless challenge. Its unique ability to obliterate an entire base with a single etherium mega-blast is just another brick in the wall.

Threat: Extreme
  • Fast regeneration
  • Mega-blast

ASCENDAAR

JACKBOT

These little robots are all over Ascendaar; meddling or storming us with their lasers. Their attack speed is boosted when other Jackbots are nearby. Other Peripheroids can improve them, turning a nuisance into a formidable opponent.

Threat: Variable
  • Improved by other Peripheroids

NORTRON

If a robot could have a bad temper, that's a Nortron. Hard plates, heavy fists, and a powerful whirlwind attack. It's the full embodiment of access control. Fr a Nortron we are threats to the system. A virus to be eliminated.

Threat: ???
  • Melee Combat
  • Heavy Armor

SYSTEM MONITOR

Monitors search the area for destroyed Assembly Centers to make them operational again. Their long-range explosive missiles can decimate a squad from afar, while repairing a group of fighting Jackbots.

• Repairs Assembly Centers
  • Heals Jackbots

OCULUS

These small aerial sensors are capable of puncturing intruders with their lasers. When one encounters a Peripheroid broken hull, it merges with it creating a new Jackbot.

• Transforms into Jackbots
  • Aerial enemy

TASKMASTER

These heavy structures are capable of producing a steady torrent of Oculus, as they slowly move across the battlefield. A single Taskmaster can turn a junkyard into an army of brand new Jackbots.

• Takes damage as a structure
  • Spawn Oculus

INDUCTOR

Sneaky, electric scouts that crawl underground looking for threats. Once one finds a target, it jumps out of the ground unleashing electric waves around it. It is able to overload a broken Peripheroid hull turning it into a ticking timebomb.

• Area attack
  • Travels below ground

SURGE PROTECTOR

Surge Protectors are huge, powerful and mean. They engage launching strong plasma grenades and projecting strong shields over Jackbots and themselves. Strike it true, and strike it hard.

• Attacks over bariers
  • Heavy armor
  • Casts shields

SPAMMER

Annoying aerial Inductor carriers. Since thier hulls are not very resistant, they retreat when damaged to release Shockers from a distance. Their coming is death from above, confirmed.

• Aerial
  • Retreats when damaged
  • Spawns Inductors

SUPRESSOR

The mechanical equivalent of our snipers. Once they lock in place, their aim never fails to deliver a near-deadly projectile to its target. New mission: learn how to outsmart a bullet.

• Low health
  • Massive damage attack

MR: ROB070

Built by the Ascendii to guide them to true enlightenment, Rob070 has turned into a megalomaniacal and deranged artificial intelligence. Ultra tough plates protect its neutronic brain and hide an unknown ultimate weapon.

Threat: Extreme
  • Spawns Centinels
Yes it's me

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:16 pm

UNITS & TOWERS

RANGER

Alien creatures, hostile environments, uncertain conditions… nothing troubles a ranger squad. They will hold their ground and make bullet fly until victory or death.

Shoot first, shoot again
  • Light armor
  • Medium range
  • Fast rate of fire

COMMAND POINT

Each command point allows you to recruit an additional squad

ETHERIUM ENERGY

Refineries are built on Etherium Deposits to produce Etherwatts, the main energy source for recruiting squads and improving your bases.

SNIPER

Top-of-the-line precision rifles in the hands of the best sharpshooters on Earth. Snipers can take down any threat even before they know it to be a threat.

One shot, one killl
  • Very long range
  • No armor
  • High damage

SWAP UNITS

Squads may change their role to adapt to your strategy, simply by tapping on them.

DROPGUN

High caliber ammo, remotely controlled, and built to resist terminal velocity. Dropguns are a wonder of modern engineering.

It's raining guns!
  • Recharges over time
  • Medium range
  • Deals heavy landing damage

MINIGUN TOWER

Powerful defensive platform that can turn the tide of a battle. It fires a frightening hail of high caliber rounds that can hold back legions of enemies.

Drop dead or die!
  • Targets aerial and ground enemies
  • Medium range
  • Fast rate of fire

TOWER POWERS

Each Tower has 2 unique abilities to acquire to bolster your defenses.

FLAMEWALKER

A heavy armored mecha sending bursts of raging flames. Their fearless pilots break enemy lines in a cloud of fiery smoke.

Come on, light my fire!
  • Sets enemies on fire
  • Deals damage over time
  • Targets only ground enemies

SHELLSTORM

No aerial enemy can break our perimeter if a Shellstorm is on duty. From the rear of the battlefront, Shellstorm missile barrages can take down even the clouds in the sky.

Lets clear the air
  • Deals area damage
  • Attacks over barriers
  • Prioritizes aerial enemies

REFINERY UPGRADES

Refineries can be upgraded with radar stations and shield generators.

ROCKET BATTERY

Long-range-rocket launch platform equipped with the best targeting systems. Very effective against powerful airborne enemies.

It's in the air!
  • Area damage
  • Better vs erial enemies
  • Long range

GUARDIAN

Skilled alien warriors with deadly psychic swords. Extraordinary swiftness and battle prowess turns them into an unbelievable whirlwind of doom.

Strike at the heart
  • Melee combat
  • Fast attack speed

ENGINEER

Few have the nerve to wield an unstable plasma gun. Fewer have what it takes to calmly walk into enemy territory punching holes in fortified structures.

Suit up, marine!
  • Heavy armor
  • Ricocheting shot attack
  • Incremental ray damage

DIPLOMAT

Diplomats project strong psychic shields over allies and cast energy bolts that briefly stun enemies. They can't prevent war, but they can certainly save the lives of their allies.

Anger leads to hate
  • No armor
  • Stuns enemies
  • Casts shields over allies

BRAWLER

The heavyweight of all mecha squads, commanded by the bravest of pilots. They stand unflinching in the thick of the battle, crushing down the strongest enemies.

It's show time!
  • Melee combat
  • Superior armor and health

CHANNELER

Channelers lock and incremental psychic beam on an enemy until it's dead. They can turn into an energy sphere to travel very fast. Truly, they are unquestioned masters of the mind.

Free your mind
  • Low health
  • Travels at great speed
  • Increasing damage over time

LASER TOWER

State-of-the-art technology discovered while investigating Peripheroid weaponry. Its delicate components do not resist much damage, but its lens emits a powerful laser arc that melts, cuts, and slices enemies in a single pass.

Like butter!
  • Medium range
  • Best against ground enemies

WEAPONS SHOP

BOUNCERS
Image 50

A set of three precision bombs that detonate in a small area around the selected target.

Crowd control problems? Call the bouncers!

ETHERIUM SURGE
Image 60

Adds 50 Etherwatts to the reserve instantly. It may surpass your maximum capacity, until excess is spent.

Won't give you wings, but it's surely gonna give you energy.

REPLICANT MINES
Image 75

Explosive mines that replicates themselves every few seconds, creating a deadly minefield. Each replicant mine can produce up to 4 copies.

What is better that an explosive mine? An explosive mine factory!

ACCUMULATOR
Image 150

A structure that increases your maximum storage capacity by 50 Etherwatts. If destroyed, it releases stored energy in a deadly blast.

He who saves, wants for nothing…

FROSTBITE WARHEAD
Image 220

A bomb of liquid Helium-3 that cuts down the temperature in an area to almost absolute zero. All affected enemy units and structures freeze for a few seconds.

The ultimate ingredient for a galactic Margarita Frozen!!

PROXIMITY BOLLARD
Image 300

A defensive structure that remains hidden underground, popping up to electrocute nearby enemies.

Shockingly good at defending bases!

MORTAR TEAM
Image 500

Deploy a team of bombing experts! Their long ranged shots can go over barriers. This extra Squad does not count towards your Command Points total.

Big guns, great aim and barely sane. A perfect team!

ORBITAL STRIKE
Image 1000

Orbital batteries fire 50 highly explosive missiles at once, devastating enemies in a wide area.

You will love the smell of orbital missiles in the morning!
Yes it's me

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:17 pm

LEVELS

Placeholder
Yes it's me

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:18 pm

GAMEPLAY / TIPS

Post your tips and strategies for them to be added to the guide.
Yes it's me

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:48 am

After testing the speed of units traversing a specific path, I was able to measure how many seconds it takes for them to travel it:

Rangers: 15

Snipers: 20

Engineers: 22

Guardians: 20

Diplomats: 27

Channellers: 10

All Mechs: 30

Dropgun: 15

Taggins: 15

Kara: 15

Paragon: 15

I will test the premium heroes later. For now, I’d like to introduce some sort of system for putting a number to units’ speed. My goal is to make the faster units have a higher number, and since the faster units have a smaller number measuring their seconds taken to move, my working equation for this is to take some arbitrary value and divide it by those values (wow, it’s almost like speed itself is measured by taking some distance and dividing it by the time taken to cross it! I should become a physicist!).

I chose 90 because quite a few of these numbers are factors of 90. Engineers unfortunately had to screw all of that up, but there’s no way I’m using the least common multiple, 5,940. :ugeek:

Speed = 3

• Mechs

Speed = 3.5

• Diplomats
  • Dr. Graaff

Speed = 4

• Engineers

Speed = 4.5

• Guardians
  • Snipers

Speed = 6

• Rangers
  • Dropgun
  • All other heroes

Speed = 9

• Channelers
BBB

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:53 pm

I’ve compiled some of the data I gathered for the game into a brand new wiki for Iron Marines. It’s a completely fresh wiki so let’s hope all goes well. :)

https://iron-marines-official.wikia.com/wiki/Home_Page
BBB

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:28 pm

I've added the following pages to the wiki, mostly in Template form so the details can be copied to other pages and fleshed out.

* All Hero pages, including profile picture and skill pictures. Trabuco is the most complete so should be used as the base template.
* Heroes category page. I copied the table from the KR wiki.
* Planets. All three planets have a page, which need details and the levels on them. Ascender is the most compete (I use complete loosely, it has the most text on the page)
* 1 Mission and 1 Spec Op, both from Ascendaar, just to get the ball rolling on how those pages can look.
* A basic title page logo. It's up to BBB what he wants the main page to look like.

What's needed aside from the obvious data:
* enemy and boss pages
* units/towers/mechas/etc pages where missing
* achievements
* Shop
* misc stuff

Once the wiki is a bit more fleshed out I'll put a partnered with on the KR wiki and vice versa.
Yes it's me

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:44 pm

Thank you so, so much Razorleaf!

I'll try to draw up or photoshop some potential logos for the wiki and hold a poll on which to use (though I suspect we'll only see 2 or so votes).
BBB

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:32 pm

Apologies for my absence. The workload of school become unexpectedly more burdensome. However, I have some invaluable data for the wiki: a spreadsheet of all the stats for every unit and enemy (with the exception of heroes and bosses).

I’ve already updated the Rangers who will be the standard of content quality for unit pages. I expect the upgrades section of each page to be the most burdensome to complete but I know it will look really nice once it is done. :)

Because I’m not used to wikis, I had a bit of a rough time working with the Categories features. For example, I think I accidentally gave a redirect page the category that it is supposed to redirect to, so the Fell Category has a redirect to a page dedicated to the Fell. I’m so confused by this sotuation that I probably didn’t even explain it right, but you’ll see what I mean from the link.

I’d like to highlight the importance of getting all of the Borealis info done first. The reason is that, as the freshest content for the game, it is the most popular to look up. Nexus is the most popular page besides the Home Page and he has basically nothing.

Thanks for all of the work you’ve put in already, Razor and Chimto. I was happy to come back to the wiki a month later and see how many more pages have been added. It really was a morale boost for myself, having been absent from it for so long and dedicating my free time to beta testing. :)
BBB