Heroes versus Gorillon

For the King!

Heroes versus Gorillon

by sunnydaler » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:43 am

How long does it take for heroes to kill Gorillon that deals area damage and has 2800 health :?:
I used the first Gorillon in Snapvine Bridge Iron challenge as a target and repeated the test 3-4 times each.
(I made sure no other enemies come close to heroes in order not to trigger their AoE skill.

Cronan (Steam ver.): 39-40 seconds
it's a 50-50 chance of either killing it or being defeated. :lol:

Alric: 40-41 seconds :yey:

Grawl: 49-50 seconds

Dante: 50-53 seconds (when used as a ranged hero like this https://youtu.be/MbE_sp8fScE)

Kutsao: 50-54 seconds

Saitam: 68 seconds

-----------
Nivus could only halve its health before it go through the exit.
User

Re: Heroes versus Gorillon

by tmn loveblue » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:13 am

Woo-hoo, I would have thought Dante can do it the fastest, but apparently Alric is just out of everybody's league. Cronan surprises me, is this score owed to his debugged/buffed Deep Lashes? The 50-50 chance is not reliable, though.

I am not surprise about Nivus, since without any CC and lack of focused damage combined with his fraility, Nivus would not stand a chance.

Anyway, amazing duels you did there.
User

by sunnydaler » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:30 am

tmn loveblue wrote:Woo-hoo, I would have thought Dante can do it the fastest, but apparently Alric is just out of everybody's league. Cronan surprises me, is this score owed to his debugged/buffed Deep Lashes? The 50-50 chance is not reliable, though.

I am not surprise about Nivus, since without any CC and lack of focused damage combined with his fraility, Nivus would not stand a chance.

Anyway, amazing duels you did there.

Steam version of Deep Lashes is very powerful and has 9 seconds of cooldown. I think he can be good in the hands of a skilled player who can micro him in and out of melee well.

Alric needs no explanation. He can handle most situation staying cool, calm and collected. 8-)

Dante's basic damage per second is high but numbers don't tell the whole story.
(he got no armor and his offensive skills are all ranged.)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:32 pm

I bet Dante would do better using melee attacks, as they come out twice as fast as his ranged ones. If using him to his fullest damage potential, ideally, you’d move him to ranged every 15 seconds to use Silver Bullet, then return to melee. If he proves too squishy for that, use him in ranged at he heals, then return to melee. Then it would be a better test of them at full potential. ;)

Edit: To prove my point, I’ve recreated the scenario here. 40 seconds. :hero:

Also, you may notice smoke debris over the corpses of Savages when Dante uses Akimbo Style. That’s because he aimed his targetting-AOE outside of the Gorillon’s own range, meaning none of shots went towards it. Dante could easily cut off several seconds from his kill, if he used Akimbo Style to actually hurt the Gorillon.
BBB

by sunnydaler » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:33 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:I bet Dante would do better using melee attacks, as they come out twice as fast as his ranged ones. If using him to his fullest damage potential, ideally, you’d move him to ranged every 15 seconds to use Silver Bullet, then return to melee. If he proves too squishy for that, use him in ranged at he heals, then return to melee. Then it would be a better test of them at full potential. ;)

Edit: To prove my point, I’ve recreated the scenario here. 40 seconds. :hero:

Also, you may notice smoke debris over the corpses of Savages when Dante uses Akimbo Style. That’s because he aimed his targetting-AOE outside of the Gorillon’s own range, meaning none of shots went towards it. Dante could easily cut off several seconds from his kill, if he used Akimbo Style to actually hurt the Gorillon.

Wow, Dante attacks faster in melee combat (1.0 second) on mobile!
Unfortunately it is not the same on Steam where his melee attack is as slow as his ranged attack; 1.500 seconds in ranged and 1.533 in melee (recording FPS: 30). This is why I used him as ranged only.

It would have been better if Dante's Akimbo Skyle and Grawl's Stomp could be used on a single enemy--like Alric's Sand Warriors and Kutsao's Leopard Style. But my focus was on how well heroes do on a duel. So I tried to isolate the enemy and not to trigger those AoE skills.

Anyway, it is surprising that Cronan on Steam is better than Dante on mobile in efficiency.
When microed a bit, Cronan can kill Gorillon in 38-39 seconds with more than two thirds of his health remaining; even better than Alric both in time and remained health. :mrgreen: https://youtu.be/IMP2i_izKHk
Last edited by sunnydaler on Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:01 am

Theoretically, Dante could deal an additional 368-544 damage with Akimbo Style (the attacks deal his attack damage rather than 40 damage) so he could likely get close to 30 seconds, maybe even less than that, if he was able to use the skill and direct it entirely at the Gorillon (requires the other target dies before any shots go out) and be able to use the skill repeatedly. ;)

So, Dante still takes the cake for damage, though Alric is more powerful overall imo.
BBB

by sunnydaler » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:21 am

As a Steam player, I don't use Dante much because of his slow attack speed and lack of crowd-control and armor, but find him useful in Bonesburg and Desecrated Grove.
Do you have any other maps to recommend?
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:34 am

https://youtu.be/hPvRMhgAWsI

Grawl wins the damage contest! :lol:

sunnydaler wrote:As a Steam player, I don't use Dante much because of his slow attack speed and lack of crowd-control and armor, but find him useful in Bonesburg and Desecrated Grove.

Dante is my go-to hero for most levels, due to his great damage-dealing capabilities. The burst damage of Akimbo Style is high enough that he deals with small enemy groups well enough, even with his basic attack, and Silver Bullet is such a fast-recharging and universal skill that he excels against anything with at least 300 or so HP. If used when planned carefully, you can actually snipe a Blacksurge before it retreats into its invulnerable state, killing it, making him really good in Rising Tides. Holy Relic is a hard counter to the resistances of Bluegales and Bloodshells, who are already hard counters.

Keep him in the presence of a Totem of Weakness and Silver Bullet will deal 448 True damage, Akimbo Style will deal 512 - 760 damage, and his regular attacks will deal 64 - 95 damage. So, he can support a chokepoint very well with sheer damage. I would use him in any endgame stage. ;)
BBB

by sunnydaler » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:44 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:https://youtu.be/hPvRMhgAWsI

Grawl wins the damage contest! :lol:

sunnydaler wrote:As a Steam player, I don't use Dante much because of his slow attack speed and lack of crowd-control and armor, but find him useful in Bonesburg and Desecrated Grove.

Dante is my go-to hero for most levels, due to his great damage-dealing capabilities. The burst damage of Akimbo Style is high enough that he deals with small enemy groups well enough, even with his basic attack, and Silver Bullet is such a fast-recharging and universal skill that he excels against anything with at least 300 or so HP. If used when planned carefully, you can actually snipe a Blacksurge before it retreats into its invulnerable state, killing it, making him really good in Rising Tides. Holy Relic is a hard counter to the resistances of Bluegales and Bloodshells, who are already hard counters.

Keep him in the presence of a Totem of Weakness and Silver Bullet will deal 448 True damage, Akimbo Style will deal 512 - 760 damage, and his regular attacks will deal 64 - 95 damage. So, he can support a chokepoint very well with sheer damage. I would use him in any endgame stage. ;)

:lol: Grawl! That trick doesn't work on Steam though.
Thanks.
I think I need to alter my strategies a lot in order to use him.
He has such average melee dps (30-44.36) on Steam. And there is no incentive to micro him except for occasional use of Relic thing. If he were as powerful as he is on mobile, I would use him more.

Next I want to test how well heroes would do against Bluegale. :mrgreen:
User

by sunnydaler » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:26 am

[[Heroes vs. Bluegale]]

Bluegales have only 2400 health on veteran mode but their melee damage is very high (60-120). Fyi, Gorillon's dps is 24 and Bluegale's is 45.
And they can summon storm even when blocked.
(I found that Bluegales that spawn from Shipwreck in Storm Atoll do not summon storm when blocked.)

I tested heroes 4 times each on Steam. And here are their fasted recorded times.

Cronan: 26 seconds. I think I should use Cronan more. He is a killer!

Alric: 31 seconds

Grawl: 37 seconds

Kutsao: 39 seconds

Saitam: Defeated. He could only halve its health.
Last edited by sunnydaler on Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
User

by tmn loveblue » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:41 am

It is not easy to separate Bluegales from their fellow Deep Devils. Other Bluegales and Redspine's spears can muddle the result. How did you manage to isolate a Bluegale to perform the runs?

On the other hand, the Storm is definitely a big challenge in Bluegale duels. I figure it is why ranged heroes do not fare well against them, their durability cannot survive the damage of the Bluegale and its Storm. About the melee heroes, did you move them in and out to avoid damage or simply pit them until death? I am mildly surprise that more squishy ones like Cronan and Kutsao can win the fight (while Saitam, regen, armored and all, cannot).

Did Kutsao's Snake Style reduce Storm damage as well?

Did Saitam's silence stop Storm summoning?
User

by sunnydaler » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:53 am

tmn loveblue wrote:It is not easy to separate Bluegales from their fellow Deep Devils. Other Bluegales and Redspine's spears can muddle the result. How did you manage to isolate a Bluegale to perform the runs?

On the other hand, the Storm is definitely a big challenge in Bluegale duels. I figure it is why ranged heroes do not fare well against them, their durability cannot survive the damage of the Bluegale and its Storm. About the melee heroes, did you move them in and out to avoid damage or simply pit them until death? I am mildly surprise that more squishy ones like Cronan and Kutsao can win the fight (while Saitam, regen, armored and all, cannot).

Did Kutsao's Snake Style reduce Storm damage as well?

Did Saitam's silence stop Storm summoning?

I used Sunken Citadel Iron challenge for the test. They come one by one from the west in the middle of the challenge.

Even Alric can die if he fights them under the storm.
I didn't have to micro Kutsao, Grawl, and Alric as they can go toe-to-toe them.
But Cronan needs a break once or twice and his boars can block the enemy while he heals.
Kutsao cannot do anything about Storm. Saitam can silence them but cannot endure their high melee damage.
User

by tmn loveblue » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:01 am

sunnydaler wrote:I used Sunken Citadel Iron challenge for the test. They come one by one from the west in the middle of the challenge.

Even Alric can die if he fights them under the storm.
I didn't have to micro Kutsao, Grawl, and Alric as they can go toe-to-toe them.
But Cronan needs a break once or twice and his boars can block the enemy while he heals.
Kutsao cannot do anything about Storm. Saitam can silence them but cannot endure their high melee damage.

Hmm, great! :geek:

Saitam I guess it is because of the overly long CD of his abilities.

Thanks for replying :D
User

by sunnydaler » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:25 am

My pleasure. :)
Here's the video of Cronan killing Bluegale: https://youtu.be/ojaFkU96LUc

note:
Storm deals 15 damage per second and heals them by 15 health per second.
Bluegales ranged damage is rather weak (25-45 per 1.5 seconds).
User

by sunnydaler » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:36 pm

Guys,
Cronan's Deep Lashes buff is there on mobile, too.

I tested it on my android smartphone and applemasterexpert, an iPhone user and commumity member, confirmed that it is the same there.

Experience the power of Deep Lashes. 8-)
468 damage every 9 seconds is superior to Alric's Flurry.
User