Post Your Kingdom Rush Pictures!

For the King!

Re: Post Your Kingdom Rush Pictures!

by sunnydaler » Sat May 26, 2018 12:25 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:It's with short clips like this that you can see things you didn't notice in the past. There's one Razorwing killed by arrows just as the others are killed by the Voodoo Doll, but after one of the skulls was destroyed. Only the arrow killed RW became a new skull, none of the others that were in range did. It's like the result of the Voodoo Doll killing them all acted like an insta-kill and left no remains as oppose to it just dealing a high amount of damage.

Here are 2 clips played half-speed.

This reminds me of Necromancer Tower in that sometimes it doesn't raise Skeleton from the dead humanoid in its range.
User

by sunnydaler » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:06 pm

KRF [Steam] Desecrated Grove campaign - veteran with Dante

This is my final layout for this challenge. and I cut it in 17 minutes. :mrgreen:
https://youtu.be/tP-AjyoXrUY
I usually don't fully upgrade Twister but did it on 3 Archmages. 2 Twisters were not enough to handle waves 13, 14 properly when I called the waves too early.

Even though all heroes are free on Steam, I mostly use free ones;
This is the first time I found him more useful than my go-to heroes; Alric and Bruxa. :mrgreen:
(Alric stalls better, and Bruxa kills basic mooks faster.)

My favorite ability of Dante is Beacon of Light. It is passive and can be unnoticeable but one could feel Assassins are stronger in his presence.
Last edited by sunnydaler on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:42 pm

I always get Lycans and Werewolves leaking out of the bottom route, I assume you moved the central Assassins around to where they were needed the most?
Yes it's me

by sunnydaler » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:11 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:I always get Lycans and Werewolves leaking out of the bottom route, I assume you moved the central Assassins around to where they were needed the most?

Yes yes yes. That is the best spot for barracks I can think of.
Never did this much micro management before but it was fun. :-)
User

by sunnydaler » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:12 am

KRF [Steam] The Sunken Citadel Iron challenge - veteran with Alric
https://youtu.be/I6ts-yh4-As
Alric is the most versatile and reliable hero! Who else can go toe-to-toe with Bluegales, or block multiple enemies?
Nobody. :mrgreen: That's why he is my favorite hero and the backbone of many strategies of mine. :yey:

Anyway, my layout is like this...

2 Necromancer Towers with level 1 Death Rider
1 DWAARP with level 1 Core Drill and level 3 Furnace Blast. Core Drill killed 2 Bloodshells and 5 Blacksurges. :lol:
1 bare Battle-Mecha T200
I left 3 Shrine of Regnos' as they were; no upgrade.

I started with 2 Necromancer Towers one each on both sides,
Battle-Mecha (w/o upgrade) on the East island, and level 3 artillery on the main island.
then, I upgraded it to DWAARP right away.

I learn a lot from playing challenge multiple times while devising a strategy. Today was no exception.
1. Everything goes like clockwork in a single-wave Iron challenge. Thus, if the timing of Core Drill upgrade is right on, you can get the most out of 400 gold. Even if it is disabled by Blacksurges, it cannot be stopped once the drill goes down.
I see no need to build Archmage Tower or to upgrade Shrine of Regnos.
2. Necromancer Tower with Death Rider and Battle-Mecha can take care of the East island by themselves.
3. For Blacksurges that spawn from the West and go on the ground path, I didn't use Shrine of Regnos to outright kill them but to bring down their HP. Otherwise, they would retreat into their shells and regen massively.
User

by sunnydaler » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:32 am

KRF [Steam] Port Tortuga Iron - veteran with Grawl
https://youtu.be/rPz9hbt7HrI
Only 3 Blacksurges appear in this challenge. But when a single turtle can disable 4 towers... they cause serious trouble.
Given its brainless targeting, Tribal Axethowers' Totem of Spirit is obsolete.

And there are 11 Gunboats, too. It's managable when they appear alone from time to time.
But it is a different story when three of them spawn 10 seconds apart (twice!) and shoot many more than before.

IMO, Grawl is the best fit for this challenge among humanoid heroes.
1. He has the highest health; 900 HP. When the others require micromanagement, he can tank all those damage in his place and do his job no matter what.
2. AoE ability to stun and damage; Stomp. With 15 seconds of reload time, it prevents leakage and gives units a breather. :yey:
3. Ranged attack; Boulder Throw. It kills a bunch of Desert Thugs in a single shot and deals a heavy blow to Desert Archers.

My favorite hero Alric doesn't fare well here. His Sand Warriors are only good for blocking and he has to go thru 1 by 1 to kill some.

At first, I maxed Rapid Reload on all Pirate Watchtowers (it is a must for this challenge while Parrot Bomb is costly, visually enjoyable though. :lol: ), and built 1 each of Crossbow Fort and Assassins (level 1 Sneak Attack, maxed the other abilities - Pickpocket is just for fun. :mrgreen: ) near the exit.
Rain of Fire is used only on Gunboats.

(I found Kahz also does it good. Bull Rush makes him effectively dodge Gunboat's cannon and stun many enemies, and Daedalus Maze can teleport one of three Blacksurges to the choke point. :lol: )
Last edited by sunnydaler on Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
User

by sunnydaler » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:00 am

https://youtu.be/ox_R5vjtPMs
KRF [Steam] Temple of Saqra Heroic - veteran with Alric
When all waves are instantly called, this challenge becomes very difficult and it takes only 6 minutes to beat.
The west side is dominated by 13 Gorillons with 54 Poukai Riders, and 25 Savage Hunters.
The east side sees only Savage Warriors and Shamans and is a lot easier to handle.

Sha'tra is the best fit for this because he can abduct 10 to 11 Gorillons.
But it felt like cheating :mrgreen: So I turned back to Alric. 8-)
It would be super hard if one opts to use other heroes.

My layout is consisted of...
3 Crossbow Forts - maxed Barrage
1 DWARRP - maxed Furnace Blast
1 Tribal Axethrowers - maxed Totem of Weakness
1 Necromancer
1 Battle-Mecha T200 - maxed Wasp Missiles

It was after the towers on the west are all set up that I moved Alric to the east.
User

by sunnydaler » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:18 am

KRF [Steam] Ma'qwa Urqu heroic - veteran with Alric

This challenge is not much different from the campaign. So is my layout.Just 2 less battle mechas.
I put Necromancer Towers on the corners in order to cover the most area, and Crossbow Forts in the back to catch leaks; Poukais.

I found out that Savage Zombies do not take toxic damage of Pestilence, just like Zombies in Shadowmoon. :!:
User

by sunnydaler » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:35 pm

KR [Steam] Pit of Fire campaign - veteran with Elora

I had to figure out when and where to use 2 spells in the first 3 waves. It was easy after that. :)
https://youtu.be/eAOI3HNCov8
3 fully upgraded Teslas
2 Rangers Hideouts (one fully maxed, the other with maxed vines)
1 Sorcerer Mage (Elemental and Polymorph)
1 Arcane Wizard (Teleport and Death Ray)
User

by nova_n » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:20 am

I AM THE VIC VIPER
User

by Ninja » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:30 am

Hmm ... that’s a lot of Musketeers. Interesting.
:hero:
User

by nova_n » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:44 am

yeah i beat the level with only those towers. The thing is, musketeers are really UP unupraded. And they have shitty CC. So it is best to start with alot of tier 3 archers, because they can deal with trolls and wulves. Musketeers are really powerful even with tier 2 upgrades. But theyre expensive, and thats why this gets really close. You have to have good reaction time to spam reinforcements and barracks. Thats another thing. SPAM SPAM SPAM REINFORCEMENTS
I AM THE VIC VIPER
User

by sunnydaler » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:17 am

Beheader's Seat Iron - veteran with Catha.
I started it with level-3 archer and level-1 barracks on the left, and Golden Longbow (w. level-1 hunter's mark) in the middle.
A never-ending stream of gnolls on the left side,
and die-hard big enemies on the right side.

I once thought this challenge is difficult without a powerful hero like Vez'nan. But Catha proved me wrong.
Her hero spell with a quick CD is really helpful in hindering enemies' procession and piling them together for thunderbolt.
And she is excellent in dealing with large groups of weak enemies due to pixie warriors and healing ability.
Sometimes I find her more useful than Eridan, though rarely. :mrgreen:
User

by sunnydaler » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:27 pm

Lost Jungle Heroic [Steam] - veteran with Arlic
I beat it in 5 and a half minutes. :yey:
No one seems to talk about this challenge. But, in my opinion, this is a really tricky one to crack.
Poukai Riders are :evil: :evil: and you have to kite them with Alric to make them stay in the towers' range.
Besides, it is crucial to know when and where to use Rain of Fire.

I started with 4 towers;
one each of level 1 and 2 mage
2 Crossbow Forts (lvl 1 barrage) on both sides

And I gradually upgraded two mages into Necromancer (lvl 1 death rider) and Archmage (lvl 2 twister, lvl 3 critical mass).
then I built 2 more Crossbow forts (lvl 1 barrage on both, lvl 1 falconer on the bottom), and 1 Tribal Axethrowers (lvl 2 totem of weakness).
User

by sunnydaler » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:49 pm

Bonesburg Heroic [Steam] Veteran, Hero: Alric

There's none of magic-resistant enemies in this mission. and ghouls and abominations have low armor.

I built Necromancer and DWAARP right off the bat.
I opted to build Battle Mecha on the left fork because enemies usually head to one path or the other. By changing its rally, I was able to maximize mecha's effectivenss.
User

by sunnydaler » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:13 pm

Dusk Chateau Heroic [Steam] veteran, hero: Alric
video https://youtu.be/eckqNUjbuxA

very tough one to beat. It took me many hours to devise a strategy.
This level gives only around 4k gold, which adds up to its difficulty.

I started with Archmage on the left and Battle Mecha.
Next came Necromancer,
then a barracks to stall Vampiressas.
2nd Archmage was the last to be built.
User

by AerisDraco » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:16 pm

Tainted Pit, Impossible difficult, 3 stars, only Barracks. Steam version.

Forest Keeper Ancient Oak Spear OP.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by sunnydaler » Sun May 12, 2019 5:21 am

Bonesburg.
this campaign is more crazy and harder than first 2 deep devil levels for me. :shock:
unlike those, this level requires some memorization such as RoF timing and position of reinforcements (I played in ninja(or bbb)'s way - calling waves instantly). I took some cues from bbb's bonesburg video.

it took me many hours to figure out what works and what doesn't.
User

Previous