CONTEST: Planet Design

Share your own epic stories, units, campaigns for Iron Marines.

CONTEST: Planet Design

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:52 pm

MARINES! ATTENTION! FALL IN!
AT EASE!

With Sagan-1 and Ascendaar well established in the Iron Marine history books, and Borealis fresh in the public minds, we are turning to you, our rookie recruits for information. You have come to us from the far corners of the galaxy, and whilst the Iron Marine Corps recognises a great number of worlds, we are not perfect. Your knowledge of the stars is invaluable to us. We want to know what you know.

Did you misunderstand me rook? Well you’re lucky I am such an agreeable officer that I’ll explain this in more detail for you. We want to know about a single planet that you know about. We need to know it’s history, it’s climate, it’s economical status, whatever you can tell us about it. And we need to know about it’s inhabitants, the people who live there and what kind of dangers they might be facing. Invasive wildlife, obnoxious plant life or invading overlords, we want to know everything.

Well get to it Rook, I won’t explain myself again!

Ahem.

Please excuse the General, he’s under a lot of stress at the moment from the Iron Council. I’ll break things down for you so you know exactly what we need.

A Location. It can be a Planet, a Planetoid, a functioning Asteroid, or even a Space Station. So long as it’s a significantly populated location that has a strategic interest either to us or to someone or something else.

We need to know everything we can about that Planet, so you need to give us some background on it. I think our historians referred to it as Lore.

Tell us about the inhabitants, if we can find Allies amongst the people there, and what skills they have to offer.

Don't forget the rogue aspects. The part of the planet that causes trouble and threatens the peace. The Enemies that the Iron Marine Corps takes out. We don’t need all of them, five will suffice, so long as they are varied. And don’t forget that there’s probably some kind of leadership, some sort of Boss.

It’s wildlife and geography. What indigenous life forms will we encounter, be they animal or plant. What about the environment itself? Basically, what kind of Hazards can we expect to deal with?

You have until October 28th to submit your entries. The longer period (3 weeks) is to allow new members time to get used to taking part, and as a result of the forum being quiet to give time for people to see the thread.

All entries must be sent to me via a Private Message or they will not be valid to enter.

I will accept edits and updates on your entries up until the closing date. Please resend the entire entry and I will use your most recent submission.

I need your entire entry in one PM. Sections sent separately will not be counted.

Images are not required, nor are detailed stats.

Entry to this contest will award ranked members with the standard 100 Tech Points, however, new recruits will be awarded a bonus 20 Tech Points, for this contest. Please refer to the Recruits Manual for more information.
Yes it's me

Re: CONTEST: Planet Design

by AerisDraco » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:05 am

Images are broke, but I'll try and participate if deadlines allow.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:28 am

This is awesome!! :hero:

What are the rules on incorporating special content the way the Y'Gar were included in Borealis?
BBB

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:38 pm

AerisDraco wrote:Images are broke, but I'll try and participate if deadlines allow.

Odd, they appear fine for me.

Big Bad Bug wrote:This is awesome!! :hero:

What are the rules on incorporating special content the way the Y'Gar were included in Borealis?

I'll add it into the guidelines.
Yes it's me

by Ninja » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:59 pm

Hmm ... interesting. I’ll make an attempt to participate this time around. :)
:hero:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:32 pm

Ninja wrote:Hmm ... interesting. I’ll make an attempt to participate this time around. :)

Yes! We may have a fully-realized contest once more! Man, I missed this sort of stuff. :D
BBB

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:36 pm

"It's showtime."
BBB

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:52 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:"It's showtime."

My bad. I've had a stinking head cold for the past two days and very little sleep. I will post the contest ASAP.
Yes it's me

by Ninja » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:05 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:"It's showtime."

My bad. I've had a stinking head cold for the past two days and very little sleep. I will post the contest ASAP.

Oh, that sucks. Get well soon. :hero:
:hero:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:17 am

^What Ninja said.
BBB