KR: Vengeance Towers and Heroes

For the King!

Re: KR: Vengeance Towers and Heroes

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:26 am

collapsinghrung wrote:
All towers just deal damage at the most basic level, thats not changed in ny of the games, even barracks towers deal damage.

This isn't quite right; the barracks towers (and a few other towers) also slow enemies, and slowing is context-dependent -- it can't be easily converted into a fixed amount of damage.

So at the most basic level, you do have to account for two different effects.

That depends on how basic you want to go, and my basic doesn’t inter context. Barracks don’t slow Hyenas, but I wouldn’t right 'does nothing' as it’s basic ability because of that one context.
Yes it's me

by VolsFan14 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:16 pm

I’m gonna take a guess based on screenshots and the website and a gut feeling that the paid towers are gonna be the zombie/undead, witches, treants, zeppelins and maybe the dark crystal tower? I could be way off but only another day to find out :lol:
User

by MisterX » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:18 pm

I posted the same assumption 1-2 days ago at discord.
User

by VolsFan14 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:57 pm

MisterX wrote:I posted the same assumption 1-2 days ago at discord.

Great minds think alike I suppose haha. I think the lightning shaman and zeppelins are the ones I’m looking forward to the most
User

by MisterX » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:11 pm

I can tell you why I thin it‘s the case.

In KRF and KRO we had a bar for the heroes, the free ones were on the very left side. Then the paid ones began to start.

We also had a video for KRV which showed a bar for the towers, the 5 paid towers I named are arranged on the very right side of it.
User

by orophin » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:39 pm

VolsFan14 wrote:I’m gonna take a guess based on screenshots and the website and a gut feeling that the paid towers are gonna be the zombie/undead, witches, treants, zeppelins and maybe the dark crystal tower? I could be way off but only another day to find out :lol:

I think the same ! We don't see them in any trailer, just in some pics. Moreover, there is any pics of the zombie graveyard !

Anyways, all the elite towers seem really cool and seem to have a bit less common habilities. I really wondering how treant and zombie ...
User

by tiger_deF » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:33 pm

I can't be the only person who is very dissapointed by the monetization of towers.
Pie is tasty
So is cheesecake
User

by MisterX » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:59 pm

tiger_deF wrote:I can't be the only person who is very dissapointed by the monetization of towers.

It was a surprise to hear that heroes AND towers AND artifacts are sold as IAP this time, for sure.
We will see how the community will react.
Here in germany wednesday just started.
The end is nigh.
User

by tiger_deF » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:04 pm

MisterX wrote:
tiger_deF wrote:I can't be the only person who is very dissapointed by the monetization of towers.

It was a surprise to hear that heroes AND towers AND artifacts are sold as IAP this time, for sure.
We will see how the community will react.
Here in germany wednesday just started.
The end is nigh.

Are artifacts IAP as in you can only buy them with money, or IAP as in you can buy them but they can be acquired in the game or bought with gems? Same for the 5 elite towers.
Pie is tasty
So is cheesecake
User

by VolsFan14 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:26 am

For those that are curious, it is in the App Store to read now. Confirms Beresad as a hero and judging in app purchases so far, I’m guessing Margosa is the vampire lady. Added a few new screenshots as well
User

by BMoneyX1337 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:42 am

You aren't :cry: I hate micro-transactions
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:57 am

Just like Heroes in other the previous games, anything bought with real money is not essential. It’s a feature there if you want it, Kingdom Rush is not 'pay to play'. There are 16 towers in total, that’s twice as many as previous games and less than half of the total are premium. Nobody is making you buy anything, if you don’t like MTs, then don’t make them.

Artefacts are Gem bought.
Yes it's me

by VolsFan14 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:07 pm

So apparently the game is available to download now from what I’ve heard. I pre-ordered it but can’t download. iOS in the US, anyone else having this issue?

*Edit: tried cancelling pre-order then buying in the App Store and that worked
User

by MisterX » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:32 pm

That‘s also what I did 6 hours ago right after the release, annoying preorder.
User

Previous