Vengeance Heroes: Worst to Best

For the King!

Vengeance Heroes: Worst to Best

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:36 pm

This is my personal list of heroes ranked worst to best. Some of them may be very, very tightly close to each other, so really it's a matter of how much you value the traits of these heroes over other heroes' traits.

9. Tramin

Definitely my least favorite hero. His skills are really boring and don't leave an impact. Liquid Nitrogen would be helpful but it cancels every time he moves. Flashbang isn't very useful as it takes quite a while to recharge for what it is. His boombot bombs are rather weak as well, as they move slowly and have such small AOE that they may as well have none. His base attack is really weak and he makes for a poor blocker. I recommend not ever touching this hero.

8. Veruk

I like Veruk, but he has to be here because if his strength, or lack thereof. His hero spell is insanely powerful in the early parts of the game, only to be killed quickly in the later stages. Veruk himself gets killed easily, as his regen doesn't trigger until about 20% HP remaining. Jigou can regenerate at any time, and heals by about 15 times as much health per second. Duelist therefore isn't very good as he rarely fights an enemy for long enough to benefit from this. His Goblin summons are also pretty fragile. I know, what do you expect from Goblins? It's telling that the two weakest heroes are both from the Orc/Goblin tribe. Maybe I’m racist against the greenfolk.

7. Mortemis

I really like the idea of making a zombie army. He has a good setup: spawn armies of units to block other enemies, and then cast his poison AOE to kill all of the enemies being blocked together. However, he has one major flaw: he has absolutely no range in his abilities. So, zombies rarely ever spawn, and he rarely ever gets to cast his abilities. You have to force them to trigger, which seems more like you're trying to make up for a weakness rather than capitalize on a strength. This makes him rather weak so I cannot recommend Mortemis to anybody.

6. Margosa

By default of her DPS, Margosa is here. I would rather use Asra to deal with high-priority, tough targets, but Margosa is admittedly more consistent as she can take out units on her own more frequently. Her hero spell is almost always active, which also means that she rarely ever uses her other abilites. If a player is like me and calls every wave as soon as they see it, her hero spell will also be charged, so Margosa may never leave it over the course it a level. Entering Beast Form resets her other skills' cooldowns, so it has a few downsides. She can also die in it, which happens against Frost Giants and most ranged enemies grouping together. However, if you don't mind a hero who just attacks and attacks in melee for an entire level, I can only recommend her.

5. Oloch

As cool as he is, it's sad to see that he surpasses a couple of paid heroes. First, he has the best dialogue in the game, as well as the best voice. Second, his hero spell is so fast that I often times don't even know where to use it, as he's powerful enough on his own. Third, as I just said, he is quite powerful, as his abilities deal really high damage and recharge pretty quickly. All of these attributes make him a fun and reliable hero to use.

4. Asra

Asra is so, so good. Some other heroes have an Innate Skill slot dedicated to being slightly faster, like Tramin's rocket jump or Margosa's bat. Screw those. Asra can teleport. She also has possibly the fastest teleport in the series, though Magnus Spellbane and Vez'nan were pretty fast, too. Regardless, her passive trait to destroy 6% armor per attack is so good. It doesn't take long for an enemy to have no armor at all, allowing the player to not have to rely on mages for high damage, but rather can spam archers and artillery, allowing their strategy to be all the more focused because an entire possible weakness in the player's defense has now been eliminated. Obviously Asra doesn't make all armor nonexistent, but she doesna good job countering it nonetheless. Her instakill poison move is also really good, as she gets 1 regular melee attack before using it, making it easy for the player to not waste the skill by accident. Her shield makes it easier to sneak in and use this ability, but it can also trigger when she is in a ranged battle with Elves or Gryphon Bombers, which always looks really epic. Her hero spell is also really nice, though I believe it resets her instakill poison which should be fixed in a patch.

3. Beresad

You can expect the 3 most expensive heroes to dominate the top of this list. Yes, he is the most powerful, yes, he has an instant-win button for a Hero Spell, and yes, he has the full gamut of an instakill, AOE, and anti-fast enemy skills. However, I just find Beresad boring. Unlike Bonehart where it was fun to try to get enemies in a group and kill just 1 so that it triggered an explosion, or Phoenix in which you tried to get her killed despite being a flying unit as much as possible, Beresad doesn't really have a playstyle. When you know one ability is ready to be used, you use it and that's it. As powerful as he is, I can't recommend him.

2. Doom Tank

Although he cannot be blocked, his expendables can, so you basically get 3 units to stall rather than the typical 1 from this hero. His AOE slam is massive and can even stun flying enemies, making him really good if you place him directly in the middle of a huge battlezone, something that normally got heroes killed in the other games. His fire spin is actually worse than his normal attack because it deals its total damage over a long time, but that's not a problem unique to this hero so I don't count it much against him. He's just really solid and reliable. Highly recommended.

1. Jigou

The reason I have ranked him the highest is that he is the most consistent and reliable hero. Unlike Beresad, he can actually block enemies, and is almost totally invincible. 900 health, 24% armor, 30 HP per second, and a 9 seconds of invulnerability ability make him able to block even the final boss for over 15 seconds! His ranged attack is very fast and can be used to make him slightly better against tougher enemies but he's no DPS machine. However the support he gives to towers is immense, so it really doesn't matter that is damage isn't as insane as past heroes like Oni or Dante. His AOE stomp is really, really good, and his hero spell, while it has inconsistent damage sometimes, is also powerful. I recommend him the most because he basically amps up the traits of a normal hero to 11, rather than have some sort of unique feature like being flying or unblockable like Beresad and Doom Tank as an "excuse" to be maximum price.
BBB

Re: Vengeance Heroes: Worst to Best

by Ninja » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:22 pm

We have VERY similar lists, although I do like Beresad and Tramin a bit more. :) I might add detailed reasoning to this later. Heroes within tiers are more or less equal unless otherwise stated.

Tier list based strictly on power:

S: Beresad
A: Doom Tank SG-11, Jigou
B: Asra (Very much a gatekeeper before the busted bois. Not quite C, not quite A.)
C: Margosa, Tramin, Oloch
D: Mortemis, Veruk

Subjective list combining factors such as power, playstyle, and coolness:

S: Asra, Jigou, Oloch (he’s by far the coolest, but he’s just a tad weak IMO)
A: Margosa, Tramin, Beresad
B: DT SG-11, Veruk
C: Mortemis (I’m sad because I’ve wanted a Necromancer hero since KR1, but he’s so weak and obsolete that it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. :()
:hero:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:11 pm

I see Smash has inspired your hero ranking style, Ninja. ;)
BBB

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:35 pm

I agree with your top four.

I liked Mortemis a lot more than Oloch and Margosa. I found both of them would die a lot quicker, even when I was levelling them up on Casual, whereas Mortemis stayed alive in melee combat when I left the game playing without paying it attention. I also quite like Tramin, he seems fun but I’ve not used him extensively (most of my hero use was on Casual to level them up faster).
Yes it's me

by SealDarklight » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:37 pm

How would i rank them? Well based of my gameplay as well as testing i find the heroes in KRV to be Equal in Level to KRO mainly because of hero spells or hero balances. I find most of the heroes to be good while some leftovers are OK. At least better than KRC counterpart. It was a missed opportunity to call them Heroes since Villains is a better term. But anyway ill rank my favorite to least favorite. Most of it should'nt be taken in a grade of salt since i mainly rank them based of how unique, new or improved they are and how they were supposed to be designed as since id like it in order and not to mention how fun they are. Its not based of their gameplay but more on usage than how good they are in certain levels. Its not the worst to best but more of Favorite to least favorite since i mainly find most of the heroes to be good.

9. Oloch
I find Oloch to be the weakest mainly because he doesnt have good stats, has a last resort passive which for the most part is useless and has a pretty lackluster gameplay. Oloch isnt bad but he is mediocre at best since i find his Active skills to be good and his description to be interesting since he was the one who saved Veznan from Moloch in exchange for power which he did. Oloch himself wants to betray Veznan to be the best Dark Mage but Veznan is aware of it but waits after the battle. His active skills are good especially the tower boost and Teleport while not that great recharges the fastest in the game but could be better if he teleported enemies back to the beginning rather than few steps away. I must of say that his voice lines sounds cool.

8. Tramin
I find Tramin to be the second weakest since Tramin itself is basically ment to be used for fun rather than for serious gameplay. Tramins stats are mediocre and the only benefit Tramin has is his abilities. His passive rocket ability makes sense but doesnt do anything other than giving Tramin a teleport ability and to me could have been better if Tramin could self destruct which would make him range and melee capable hero. His abilities are his only saving grace since there really fun to since Tramin can launch rockets which does some serious damage, his stun grenade which works like Veruks stun ability, his nitrogen ability makes him fire more faster making it somewhat usefull, his mines are eh and his hero spell is alright and can deal up to 1800 damage which is the hugest dps hero spell output to this game. Overall i find Tramin to be weak but fun. His voicelines are genious especially the Fire in the Hole line (L4D reference i think?) and he is 100 times better than Bolin or Denas in KR1.

7. Margosa
I find Margosas lack of a good Passive to be disturbing. Margosa is basically Regson in this game but replaced allot of abilities and stats with other abilites and stats. Margosa has decent stats with the highest being the damage. Her bat ability is the weakest passive since it makes her just move faster which i find to be better if she got a better one. Her abilities are alright which includes the Teleport which is an improved teleport since she tends to use it on an enemy which is far back which proves to be better than Khazes teleport and never uses it if she is all the way near the exit. She has a mist which makes her deal damage as well as making enemy miss their attacks which is both usefull for her and the barracks. Her Bat is alright and i know some people hate it since its like Cronans eagle but it does the damage done. Her bloodsucking ability sound pretty familiar to Regsons passive heal ability but it replaces from enemies health to dealing damage which she will allways heal 9-15 health at level 10. Her hero spell is very unique and i find it to be really good. Her bloodsucking and bat works while being on the beast form but doesnt work with teleport or mist. It can die but it deals allot of damage and heal her if you used it and can work in an instant. While it doesnt last too long, its hidden ability is that if she kills a foe or more it lasts allot longer making it pretty good for clearing enemies and sending the next wave. Margosa herself is also interesting since she is in the mood for revenge after the defeat of Vasile. Overall Margosa is alright at best.

6. Veruk
Veruk is pretty decently good introduction to the first free hero and unlike the likings of Alric, Gerald or Eridan he is pretty bad at tanking and stalling since he has pretty low armor and has to relie on health rather than armor making it a really bad choice against an enemy with high damage with armor and health combinations. He also has a lackluster passive which heals 3hp per sec on low health which is pretty useless. However he has really good abilities and good damage and all the abilites and stats are specifically designed for the game like Eridan or Alric mainly because enemies come in huge numbers and most enemies dont have that much health or deal good damage. Veruks abilities include a damaging ability like alrics or eridan which is mainly designed for tougher enemies, his aoe stun which can be helpfull while overruned, goblins that tend to only be used for stalling and crowd control and his damage increase ability which increases his damage up to 30-80 while engaged which tend to be usefull against enemies like Barbarians, Palandins or the Maced Shielded Templars . His Hero spell doesnt last long but its purpose is very similair to the reinforcements in KR1 but tougher but cant last long. The hero spell is decent and can be really good against flying units or tougher enemies and rarely good against stalling troublesome enemies like the Mini Diedres. His lines are super hilarious especially the 'Are you not Entertained' Line or 'Manflesh'. He is the most hilairous first free hero as well as a decent sidegrade to a first free hero.

5. Beresad
I know what youre thinking? Why is Beresad number 5? simple! He is just another flying unit with most of his ability being redone from other dragons. He has the teleport of Faustus, the Block of Bonehart and his breath as well as an instakill of Ashbite which are somewhat improved versions of it which isnt too unique. His passive is pretty good and memorable since he has it like Blackthorne that makes him have more money from killed enemies near it which is really good and memorable if you remember him in KRF and KRO at how much he loves gold. He also has arguably one of my favorite hero spells which allows him to deal damage to all enemies in the stage which is much like Saitams scream ability which is really really good and stands out from others. He is also very interesting as to why he joined with Veznan since he want the gold from the dwarves which he agreed on to join for promise of their treasures. He can also speak which blows my mind with so much fanservice and his line 'I breath Death' which is a Smaug reference from the hobbit made him an excellent dragon that rivals Veznan´s appearance in Origins. He is an improved dragon and the only thing that held him back was that he wasnt that unique with abilites but i get why people liked it.

4. Jigou
Jigou is arguably the best Hero you can get for this game and unlike Veruk he can stall and is the best staller for this game. His stats are good but his Passive is insane. He can regenerate and unlike Saitam or Cronan he regenerates in the rate of a Troll Breaker (30HP/PRS) which is insane making him pretty unstoppable. He was so good with it that they had to nerf the armor rate so he wasnt super OP in the Beta. He hits slow but hard and has enormous health pool and couple with insane health regen and armor as well as his passive invunerablility ability makes him tough to kill. I havent even talked about the abilities yet. Like i said i love the invunerability form and while it does make so he doesnt attack, it makes him even tougher to kill and the only enemies outside the bosses that can kill him are Frost giants coupled with huntresess which is insanely good. His snowball ability is like grawls rock throw and it deals far more damage, his freeze breath is also good and his stomp ability is like grawls but deals more damage. His herospell is maybe his weakest but it is good and can slowdown enemies but everything else makes him already good enough. My reason why i didnt put him number 1 is because while Jigou is stupidly Good, he isnt unique and i find other heroes to be either huge improvement or something new but other than that Jigou is basically a supperior Grawl that ties in the top with Alric or Bonehart as the OP best heroes in the series by far. Not to mention it is worth of money and can make impossible mode 100 times easier. I would recommend him.

3. Mortemis
While i do agree Mortemis isnt Great, Mortemis is higher mainly because he is the first Necromancer hero i wished for as a hero. Mortemis himself is alright at best in term of gameplay. He is pretty weak in all stats except for his damage and unlike other range heroes his range is pretty short. He also has the same problem as Oloch with his passive since its more of a last resort use which can be handy on rare circumstances so why isnt he lower than Jigou or Beresad? Well he isnt bad and can be really good if given a chance, He especially pairs well with the Knights since the knights can tank while he can hit very hard with his range attack and will resurect a zombie each enemy slayed. Once he has 6 zombies the choke point becomes nearly impossible to get passed by and many enemies dont usually can get pass by even if he isnt protected by the barracks if you have a powerfull archer or a mage on the choke. Mortemises abilities are alright to good. His AOE attack is alright and most weaker enemies dont have health more than 200 hp and can do good damage if stalled, his hypnosis ability is a miss since it could have been cooler if it made enemies fought for you, his armor drop aura while maybe lackluster isnt too bad since nearby zombies and knights can usually make it somewhat easier to kill the enemy and his rotten bodyguard hero spell is surprisingly bulky. The zombies themselves can stall enemies and they have more health and damage than the necromancers skeletons but the downside (If you can call it) drops 1hp per sec much like the Trees for the fungal forest tower. I know it sounds bad but zombies can last up to 100 sec mainly for balance purposes but it aint too bad. Overall i like Mortemis and while he isnt executed properly, hes not the worst. Also my favorite line is 'Join my army of duckness' because he sounds like that.

2. Doom Tank SG11
I find Doom Tank to be the Unique hero type since this time he is like a troll pathfinder or ghost but as a hero that cant be blocked. It makes him so that he cant be targeted by stronger enemies and while it may either suck or not since the only enemies that can harm him are range attackers or AOE dealers. Doom Tank itself has health and Armor but its biggest and greatest stat is his Attack which deals 88-164 dps. It fires pretty slowly but hits supper hard. His Passive ability to be honest while i do like it isnt great since it deals 1 damage and works if you move him around which would be great if it dealt like 10 or 20 damage. Doom Tanks Abilities are Good especially the stun and recruiting units to fight for him and stall. His Hero spell is OK (KRO type of OK) since its one of those AOE thing. Doom Tank itself is arguably the Funniest Hero in the series mainly because the Person saying those lines doesnt take the battlefield too seriously and makes those stupidly funny lines like 'Go Go Go' or 'Light em up boys' which made me laugh. Imagine if i saw someone having fun while causing damage. Also his death is a Wilhelm Scream which makes it even more of a funny Hero and feels like one of those TV shows you watch on for laughters. Other than that Doom Tank is both super unique and super funny.

1. Asra
My only reason why i put Asra number 1 is mainly because she is not only super Sexy, Well balanced hero, Well given passive, well given abilities but she is also the most well made Secondary hero ever made. First she can lower enemies armor as making tougher enemies allot easier to kill. Second she has a shield and unlike Arivans rocks, it doesnt last but it blocks 600 damage which can benefit either doing the blocking with the Spider Bite or block from range attacks. Third she can teleport which can benefit for he Spider Bite ability as well as recover from injuries. Fourth is her magic barrage and while magic resistant foes may resist it, it can do some serious damage. And finally the Fifth is the Spider Bite and unlike many other abilites with poison it lasts forever making enemies either go to the exit or die. It starts out pretty weak but once fully upgraded. Couple all that and she is really good. May i also remind about the hero spell which recharges pretty fast and poisons the enemies? Not to mention she has lines that sounds super sexy while saying Darkness. Also her backstory is very interesting as she grew as an orphanage and grew to become an assassin once the shadowy figures got her and made her into an assassin. I also wonder if Asra is Mirages daughter since not only does Asra look like an edgier Mirage or being an assassin as well as well as the middle eastern name and hammerhold or desert terrain is where we meet Mirage for the first time which is in a middle eastern themed terrain. Id like to have a theory if Asra and Mirage are related since they are somewhat similair in a way. Either way Asra is one of My Favorite heroes and my Favorite Secondary hero in the series mainly because of everything she has what i think of her. :D

Thats all i had to say.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:44 pm

I like the thought of calling Asra super sexy. I take it you enjoy the way she whispers in your ear? :P

The support for Mortemis is interesting to me. I quite liked him myself because his theme seems so cool (everyone knows I am a fun of edginess) and has a decent playstyle, at least one that flows unlike Margosa’s or Tramin’s. However because of how weak his range is and how luck-depended his already slow attack is, I couldn’t stand using him when I knew I had other options that function way better.

Also, I forgot to add this, but Beresad’s firebreath may actually be detrimental to his DPS purely because it takes several seconds to actually deal all of its damage, but has an AOE too small to harm enemies for that long.
BBB

by Santiago » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:51 pm

I will just say that Asra is number 1 for me, she deals huge ammounts of damage, kills groups of enemies super easy and even brings down tough guys with the poison and shield breaking. Her passive is OP, allows you to keep her shooting arrows the entire game, dealing insane ammount of damage.
User

by Ninja » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:29 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:I see Smash has inspired your hero ranking style, Ninja. ;)

Indeed. ;) (Also: SMASH ULTIMATE IN 2 WEEKS REEEEEE)

@SealDarklight: Again, I really like the necromancy thing, but I feel that Mortemis is weaker than you’re letting on. Maybe I just play him terribly ... *shrugs*

@Santiago: Yes! She is one of the strongest and by far the most fun and engaging to play.
User

by SHlSEID0 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:45 am

Trivia here, din see it mentioned, Margosa's player active skill heals her fully right or did I miss something. Transform at low health to make use of this.
User

by Harkmen » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:46 am

While I haven't bought the official game yet, as a beta tester of KRV, I concur with most of what BBB posted.

Oloch I liked as a character, but not as a hero. I think it has to do with me being used to using squishy mages that can teleport themselves.

Margosa I wanted to like, simply because I thought her unique instant-activate / transformation hero spell would have been really interesting. Except all that did was give her more power, instant full HP...and that's about it. She could have been so much more.

Asra is my personal favorite, as she's everything I wanted in a fast ranger-esque hero. Poison, multi-hit, teleportation, a way to avoid some damage...not much more I could have asked for, honestly.

Jigou is the definition of being near-unkillable in a KR game, for the reason BBB already stated. And unless this has changed from the beta, but last I checked, his AOE stomping skill can actually hit flying enemies...
User

by Ninja » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:24 am

Jigou is the definition of being near-unkillable in a KR game, for the reason BBB already stated. And unless this has changed from the beta, but last I checked, his AOE stomping skill can actually hit flying enemies...

Yep, it still can. That’s actually my favorite part about the ability, even though it makes zero sense. :lol:
User