Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

What will the tower’s second ability be?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Fits into its shell and absorbs attacks, healing based on the damage received.
No votes
Transforms claws into jackhammers that deal rapid area damage for a time.
No votes
When slain, explodes for massive area damage (Passive).
No votes
Every attack received has a chance to strike a bio-engineered nerve, causing it to temporarily be buffed (We can vote on the specifics later if this wins).
No votes
Summons boiling water from below the earth, damaging and melting the resistances of enemies. Bloodshells cannot stand there or they’ll boil, too!
60%
Magnetizes enemies, absorbing and thus lowering some of their stats and adding them to itself for a time.
30%
Shells instantly turns metallic when struck by area damage, reflecting it twofold to nearby enemies.
No votes
Emits a pulse that damages and stuns enemies.
No votes
Extends its claw down the path, dealing damage to enemies in a line.
10%
Releases a biological disease that keeps enemies temporarily poisoned. If slain, they exist as miniature bioshells on the path for the remainder of the duration.
No votes

Total votes : 10

Re: Community Event: A TOWER IS BUILT

by AerisDraco » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:58 pm

Two questions:
1. Renaming abilities?
2. If an ability gets sufficient votes, will it be in the next poll?
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:28 pm

AerisDraco wrote:Two questions:
1. Renaming abilities?

Sure. If it wins I'll have a poll for what it can be named. I'll take any suggestions because I dislike naming things.

The self-destruct was almost called "Shell Destruct" by the way. :P

AerisDraco wrote:2. If an ability gets sufficient votes, will it be in the next poll?

[+] SPOILER
Big Bad Bug wrote:The choices that do not win but receive many votes will appear on the polls for the next 2 abilities. :hero:

RaZoR LeAf wrote:I voted for Bioshell because I like the idea of them looking a bit more like Karkinos but not going down the whole cybernetic route. So I’m voting for the explosive when they die.

Mm, perhaps I went a bit overboard on that. I'll try to balance the futurism of the abilities on the following polls.
BBB

by kiddykow » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:25 am

I have a request with the art style of the tower, please don't make it too mech like but instead put either a red/bloodshell theme or dark knight armor style
User

by Rush the kingdom » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:26 am

I'm voting for Nanites because they sound very useful and original, and can partially make up for the fact that our dude can only block one enemy at a time. An AoE attack plus the ability to make damaged enemies into walking damage dispensers sounds like it could result in untold damage. Maybe even strategically let an infected enemy past to act as a sort of bomb?
For the kingdom!
User

by Ninja » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:16 am

I’m going with Nanites Raid. These other abilities aren’t very appealing to me at all. Can we have a 48 hr. break for suggestions before the next ability poll is put up?
:hero:
User

by Noxen7 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:58 am

Claw hammers sounds like good stun CC, kind of like the blast furnace, I'm assuming?
User

by BLOODSHELLS » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:27 am

kiddykow wrote:I have a request with the art style of the tower, please don't make it too mech like but instead put either a red/bloodshell theme or dark knight armor style

Thats a really good idea
User

by tmn loveblue » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:03 am

Bioshell be like big, scary Bloodshell (bigger than KRF counterpart), but infused with vile magic and tainted technology that make its shell a charred black color. Lines of red run across the shell hinting at previous dissection and internal improvement, also pulsing when using abilities.
User

by kiddykow » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:22 pm

tmn loveblue wrote:Bioshell be like big, scary Bloodshell (bigger than KRF counterpart), but infused with vile magic and tainted technology that make its shell a charred black color. Lines of red run across the shell hinting at previous dissection and internal improvement, also pulsing when using abilities.

no no no no no no NOOOOOOOOO

I. Want Either. Juggernaut armor or maybe Red blood armor with biotech stuff

BIOSHELLS NOT BURNTSHELLS
Last edited by kiddykow on Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:57 pm

kiddykow wrote:
tmn loveblue wrote:Bioshell be like big, scary Bloodshell (bigger than KRF counterpart), but infused with vile magic and tainted technology that make its shell a charred black color. Lines of red run across the shell hinting at previous dissection and internal improvement, also pulsing when using abilities.

Thank god we'll be voting on it instead of having tantrums about a fictional tower.

Three-Bee, if you want me to mock up some designs let me know.
Yes it's me

by kiddykow » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:33 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:
kiddykow wrote:

Thank god we'll be voting on it instead of having tantrums about a fictional tower.

Three-Bee, if you want me to mock up some designs let me know.

We sure need to vote on its designs
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:42 pm

Sorry for the delay everyone. The polls can now resume as normal. This one will be for the second ability. I’ve taken all of the posts made into consideration, so hopefully these are more interesting to Ninja and also not too futuristic for RaZor’s tastes.

This one will last two days as well. I’m not sure exactly what I’ll vote on yet, myself, so I’ll wait and see other people’s reasoning for their own choices to see if that helps sway me.
BBB

by Ninja » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:56 pm

I'm choosing the boiling water AoE. It looks like a really cool way to incorporate the area damage aspect of the Bloodshell tower, and I like the touch of the crab getting cooked if you wait too long. :lol: One suggestion I have for the animation is the Bioshell using a water cannon like Karkinos rather than just summoning the water.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:01 pm

RaZoR LeAf wrote:Three-Bee, if you want me to mock up some designs let me know.

I would love that! I could try to whip up designs as well, though my work will stick out like a sore thumb next to your designs. :lol:

We won’t have a poll for appearance until at least a week from now, so that should be enough time for at least 5 designs, right?
BBB

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:44 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:
RaZoR LeAf wrote:Three-Bee, if you want me to mock up some designs let me know.

I would love that! I could try to whip up designs as well, though my work will stick out like a sore thumb next to your designs. :lol:

We won’t have a poll for appearance until at least a week from now, so that should be enough time for at least 5 designs, right?

Yep just let me know what you want
Yes it's me

by BLOODSHELLS » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:21 pm

Ninja wrote:I'm choosing the boiling water AoE. It looks like a really cool way to incorporate the area damage aspect of the Bloodshell tower, and I like the touch of the crab getting cooked if you wait too long. :lol: One suggestion I have for the animation is the Bioshell using a water cannon like Karkinos rather than just summoning the water.

No. Bloodshells are deep devils, that summon water from the ocean
User

by kiddykow » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:26 pm

I pick boiling water because the self boil sounds like a minor disadvantage that makes bioshells a "pro player" tower like the battlemech since it requires micromanagement. I agree with BLOODSHELLS because i think the fact the bioshells summon water fits my bloodtech/dark knight styled design
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:44 pm

So since it looks like the boiling ability is going to win, our current abilities are Nanite Raid, making enemies deal extra AoE damage when attacked, and "Boiling Blast", which melts resistances.
Making Nanite Raid deal physical damage to better complement "Boiling Blast" would be interesting.

As for ability #3, I feel it should be defensive, considering Bloodshells are primarily defensive and we lack any defensive abilities.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Ninja » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:59 am

kiddykow wrote:bloodtech/dark knight styled design

But we’re using the Bioshell design. :?
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:42 am

kiddykow wrote:I pick boiling water because the self boil sounds like a minor disadvantage that makes bioshells a "pro player" tower like the battlemech since it requires micromanagement. I agree with BLOODSHELLS because i think the fact the bioshells summon water fits my bloodtech/dark knight styled design

It’s not just YOUR design though is it?
Yes it's me

PreviousNext