KRV heroes not as good?

For the King!

KRV heroes not as good?

by Knight_Artorias » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:50 pm

Do any of u guys here think that the heroes in KRV aren't as memorable or good as previous games. The game is pretty solid though. Lynn,Regson,Denas,Nivus,Shatra and the lot were much more polished IMO. I also think some skills are pretty underwhelming like Veruk's warmongers(I hate that they are pretty much the range reinforcements on a long CD), Mortemis's AOE etc. Also shouldn't Veruk have at least med armour? Only doom has high armour but can't block. Here's hoping they bring heroes like Malacia,Lord Blackburn,Nazeru and good god a Saurian hero would be sweet.
User

Re: KRV heroes not as good?

by Ninja » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:50 pm

I agree that some are a little bland, notably Margosa, Mortemis, and Beresad, but even they are still fun for me to use sometimes. Asra is the one of the most engaging heroes in the series if understood well. Jigou is also one of my favorites in the franchise.

I especially like that they’ve done away with statistical passives as abilities; those were terrible. However, I must admit that the hero spells of this game are definitely not as well designed.
:hero:
User

by Knight_Artorias » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:15 pm

Yup, Asra is how mirage shud have been...I've no complaints about her. Stat passives were boring but I can't really be mad coz they did help a lot especially on grawl and Alric(2 passive stat skills no kidding). Also some hero passives in KRV are strange...doom tank did 1 DMG for me,Veruk's seem so weak and Mortemis summoned two 50 HP zombies when he died. Also, glad someone acknowledges Regson's potential..he was one my fav in the entire series...though my best vote goes to Lynn
User

by Ninja » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:50 pm

As a counter argument, though, the stat passives could have just been normally incorporated into the hero's stats rather than wasting an ability slot. It just seems lazy. For example, Grawl had a stat passive that brought his HP up to 900 in KRF but in KRV Jigou just naturally has 900 HP at L.10, which opens the door for a more creative and fun ability like Glacial Form.

I agree that some of the innate abilities are really bad in this game, mostly just the ones you mentioned and Margosa's, though. I think it's just a new idea (every hero having an innate), and that the devs will eventually settle into designing the innates better than this initial batch.

Yep, my favorite hero in the series is Reg'son (although Asra and Jigou are quickly rising). He's just so engaging and rewarding to play well.
User

by Knight_Artorias » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:16 pm

Might sound strange but my favorite hero in krf was karkinos..a lot of ppl hate him but after the devs fixed his invulnerability skill,I had a fun time using him..glad that carried into KRV with jigou...I didnt realised his HP was 900..seems too strong with his passive 30hp reg(still haven't bought him)..he has med armour ryt?
User

by Ninja » Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:22 pm

Knight_Artorias wrote:Might sound strange but my favorite hero in krf was karkinos..a lot of ppl hate him but after the devs fixed his invulnerability skill,I had a fun time using him..glad that carried into KRV with jigou...I didnt realised his HP was 900..seems too strong with his passive 30hp reg(still haven't bought him)..he has med armour ryt?

Karkinos is fun; he’s just not quite my style.

Oh, definitely. Jigou is insanely broken, one of the best heroes in the game (even in the series for that matter). He’s the single toughest friendly unit in the series, going to the point where he’ll only ever really die when being bombed by hordes of Gryphon Bombadiers while fighting a High Sorcerer. It’s actually insane. He’s also really strong in terms of damage, having the highest base damage of any hero in the game (balanced out by a slow attack rate, though), a super long range projectile ability that deals a ton of damage, and a stunning ability that deals a ton of damage and lasts for five seconds (as a bonus this even hits flying enemies).
User

by Knight_Artorias » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:24 pm

OK..you've convinced me to buy him..let's see how he fares. BTW,do u have any idea how to level diedra efficiently..its going too slow atm
User

by Ninja » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:47 am

Knight_Artorias wrote:OK..you've convinced me to buy him..let's see how he fares. BTW,do u have any idea how to level diedra efficiently..its going too slow atm

Awesome! Have fun. :veznan: Oh, also, one thing I forgot to mention: he’s extremely slow (though that could be seen as an obvious statement based on his archetype), so if you don’t like fairly immobile heroes, then he’s not a good investment for you.

Diedre always levels slow; everyone has that problem. I think it’s linked to the fact that (this is just my theory) using active abilities, especially ones that deal damage directly, gives the most XP of any actions that grant XP. Diedre just doesn’t have that type of ability due to her overabundance of passive abilities. The best way I’ve found to level her up is to grind on The Underpass (although this is generally true for all KRF heroes). :)
User

by SealDarklight » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:10 pm

I agree with the thing that KRV has somewhat underwhelming compair To the KRO mainly since some Heroes are bland. I find Asra, Jigou and doomtank to be really good and stand out. I like mortemis For Being a necromancer hero but some abilities suck. Beresad is basically Every dragon in the game and has all of the traits but the meteor shower stands out. Veruk is pretty offensive in terms of damage compair To other first Heroes but its also the weakest in terms of Being a tank since he has low armor, has pathetic health regeneration and has to relie on his health pool. Tramin is pretty much a range hero with aoe and the thing that stands out is his attack speed that is an active ability. Margosa is pretty much Regson 2.0. Oloch is pretty much all round range attacker.

I like the thing that gives them an automatic passive like teleport or regeneration but most Heroes have a weak passive that night as Well not exist. Veruk has the pathetic regeneration, Margosa and Tramin has teleport which is lazy and make them go faster, Oloch and Mortemis has a Last resort passive which is underwhelming other wise and Doomtank has the worst passive which does 1 damage If You drive on enemies. Beresad has good mainly For the good, Asra has teleport and its basically really good For the secondary hero standard and Jigou has insane regeneration rate which couple with health, armor and invunerability makea him super Hard To kill.

I find KRO Heroes to still be the best Heroes in the series but Vengeance isnt that and its second best in the series, i still think frontiers is the third mainly For the Upgrades and the level up system and the classic has the worst simply For forcing You To level up your hero to level 10.

I hope in the future kr Heroes Would have 2 active slots like the krc, having 1 passive slot, also having an automatic passive like KRV, having the hero spells and the 1 slot gives boost to tower, spells or wave similair to the upgrades but depending on what hero You choose.
User

by Knight_Artorias » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:52 pm

Ninja..I bought Jigou and he didn't disappoint...that HP reg tho!
User

by Ninja » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:31 am

Knight_Artorias wrote:Ninja..I bought Jigou and he didn't disappoint...that HP reg tho!

Yeah, it’s crazy. He has the Regen of a Troll Breaker from KR1 (30/s)! You can push just how tough he really he is to the limit by duking it out with Bolgur and Paragons. :hero:
User