Is Rotten Forest worth it?

For the King!

Is Rotten Forest worth it?

by EpicPhantom999 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:13 am

After playing a bit with Rotten Forest, I feel that this tower seriously needs to be buffed. Do I just suck at using it or is it as bad as it seems. I don't get why you don't just use Shadow Archers, or better yet, Bone Fligers. :?
User

Re: Is Rotten Forest worth it?

by sunnydaler » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:59 am

Not worth more than 2 bucks.

1. deals physical damage unlike normal artillery towers which deal explosive damage ignoring a half of the armor.
2. U dont need artillery towers anyway cuz they have little usage in krv, which is a design failure imo.
User

by SealDarklight » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:57 pm

sunnydaler wrote:Not worth more than 2 bucks.

1. deals physical damage unlike normal artillery towers which deal explosive damage ignoring a half of the armor.
2. U dont need artillery towers anyway cuz they have little usage in krv, which is a design failure imo.

Except for the Melting Furnace. It can stun, ignore 75% armor, hits decently hard and cheap with a cost of attacking the slowest. Also upgrade Burning Fuel since it has 1 tier and will increase the attack speed to half so you can stunlock groups of enemies.
User

by EpicPhantom999 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:15 am

Yeah, but I feel like building/upgrading Spector's Mausoleum is way more worth than building and upgrading Melting Furnace, since Melting Furnace both is bad for the Elite Levels, because it doesn't go with my tower selection and isn't good for Anurian Chasers because they just jump over the whole thing. I think Anurian Chasers seriously needs to be nerfed. They jump way too far for the main member of the Anurian Army.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:12 am

EpicPhantom999 wrote:Yeah, but I feel like building/upgrading Spector's Mausoleum is way more worth than building and upgrading Melting Furnace, since Melting Furnace both is bad for the Elite Levels, because it doesn't go with my tower selection and isn't good for Anurian Chasers because they just jump over the whole thing. I think Anurian Chasers seriously needs to be nerfed. They jump way too far for the main member of the Anurian Army.

If Chasers are jumping over the range of the Furnace, then change the placement of your barracks. They only jump to land on units, move the units away from the furnace and they won’t jump it.
Yes it's me

by wgknestrick » Fri May 10, 2019 3:13 pm

If you just use it alone, then not at all. It is more like the graveyard than anything, and I first thought it was WTF weak....until I discovered how to use it.

It is a force multiplier, especially with burning gems, and elite harassers. It is the cornerstone in my optimal tower list and a little OP IMO. If you don't have burning gem, or zeps, then I wouldn't invest in it.

Burning gem
Elite harassers
Zeppelin
Bone Flingers
Rotten Forest

RF slows enemies and is basically more of a barracks than artillery, but certainly a hybrid of each. Since the range of most towers sucks in KRV, I use it as a boxing "ring" where I move all the position-able towers towards/into. Best on maps that have more forward choke points by the entrances. (Levels 12, 13, 15, 16), but pretty universal with this strategy

RF is where you want to take the fight to the enemy, ie choke point, and you shouldn't have more than 1 per exit or entrance IMO. I usually have them on corner spots, with a Zep placed just on the entry of the RotForrest. Zep's tar barrels stack with the slow of the forest. Burning gem is placed to get full coverage of the slow forest, and harassers are moved forward into the back edge of the forest.

It turns a spot on the map into an impassible quagmire of death able to deal with any unit combo.
This has slowed mobs softened up by zeps, burning gem for tough enemies, elite harassers shooting the entire time and for flyers. Spamming Bone flingers with late cash are at the exit spots sending bone warriors into the forest battlegrounds.

Forrest upgrades:
Treants: #1 helps keep harassers shooting instead of blocking.
Fog: gives everything in fog 10% more health/ie dodge (treants, harassers, skeleton warriors, Zep bomber guy, hero). Weak on it's own, but you are exploiting this by having many more units inside it's protective area.
Thorns: stops enemies, and again they are getting hammered by Zep, burning gem, and harassers all the time. Helps bridge the gap between treant respawns
User