VOTING: Four Elements Tower Design

Do you have an epic idea? Share it!

VOTING: Four Elements Tower Design

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:48 pm

[+] SPOILER
Finally I am getting the recognition I deserve! I've conquered Linirea, put the Northern Tribes in their place, pummelled the Dwarves and squished those stupid Anurians. Now I have evil doers flocking to me, I'm having to fight them off with a stick! There are so many creatures coming to me with their ideas for battles I don't know what to do with myself. Hahahahahahah... I LOVE IT!

General, I'm relying on you to sort all these do-badders out. Get them lined up and ready for inspection.

The great Vez'nan is having his daily bath in Dragon's Milk and doesn't want to be disturbed. It's up to you to find out who has arrived at the castle and what they have in mind for a battle station, or what we in the business of conquest call a 'Tower'.

Contest Requirements
  • Create four KR: Vengeance style towers. Depending on the number of entries, they may be judged individually.
  • The four towers must be based on the four Classical Elements. More on these below!
  • Your towers do not have to conform to a particular type (Archer/Mage/Artillery/Melee) and can be any combination of the four or have unique or special features not seen before.
  • In addition to the Tower, you must also add an Achievement to each, to coincide with one of the skills.

The theme for the contest is the Four Elements. Each tower must be based on one of the four elements. Each core element has been given three additional themes that can be used within the creation of the tower, provided at least some hint of the original core element is featured.

• Earth (Metal, Plant, Darkness)
  • Fire (Lava, Energy, the Sun)
  • Air (Electricity, Weather, Light)
  • Water (Ice, Blood, the Moon)

Each element must be used, so you have a Fire tower, a Water tower, etc. You cannot have two Fire towers, or a Fire tower and a Lava tower, etc.

Your (Fire used here for the example) Fire tower can be any combination of Fire, Lava, Energy and the Sun, all of them in one, or just one single theme.

You cannot mix themes, such as a Lava/Electricity or Plant/Moon. The themes must remain in their core elements.

As entries have come from both the forums and Discord, they are being presented via Google Docs, instead of here on the forum.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1daD ... sp=sharing

Visit the master copy here, and you can go to each element and each tower individually. We have five entries, so there are five for each element, twenty towers for you to look at in total.

This thread is also for discussion and reviews of the entries.

• Voting will not be held using a Poll. You can either share your votes here in this thread (please be clear as to who you are voting for, use bold or make an individual post for your choices), or you can PM them directly to AerisDraco if you want to keep them private. Do not send them to me. Discord members will be messaging Aeris with their votes.
  • You cannot vote for yourself
  • You cannot get extra votes by voting as a forum member and as a Discord member. Attempting to do so will result in none of your votes being counted.
  • You can only vote for one tower in each category, and you must cast a vote for every category. There must be four votes for any of them to count.
  • Please do not vote 'strategically' (e.g. voting to even out the poll, or to break a tie)
  • If you have entered - Please do not reveal which entry is yours.
  • If you have not entered - Please keep your guesses as to who wrote an entry to yourself. Entries are to remain anonymous until the winner is announced.
  • You have until Sunday 9th to submit your votes (seven days)

Re: VOTING: Four Elements Tower Design

by Sirsquier » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:42 pm

I'll vote for earth first 5th entry wins my vote.
Next is fire 5th entry wins my vote for this
Wow air next 5th gains vote again
Water is won by 4th for me this is my vote
Last edited by Sirsquier on Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:05 am

Added a 5th entry that was barely in legal time for the contest. Edited the above post to better reflect this.

Also, Sirsquier, your vote is incomplete and will not be counted currently.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Sirsquier » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:19 am

I know I need time to think on each person
User

by GoddessArtemis » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:27 am

Earth

#1: good concept but the innate and some abilities are highly overcomplicated
#2: idea has potential but not very detailed, damage too low
#3: very detailed, but still a little complicated, Paradox seems useless, the other abilities are creative
#4: love the design and idea, the strategy of where to place it is unique, abilities are reasonable
#5: simple, clean tower, abilities are not too creative, quotes are a bit strange

Winner: #4, based on the unique mechanic
Runner up: #2, a simple but fitting tower, needs more polish

Fire

#1: simple but good concept, Burny Stuff 2.0 might be a tad powerful, the launcher would fit dwarves better
#2: a bit too weak, Intense Heat is op, abilities are not very creative, again rockets are not the style of gnolls
#3: not a fan of the design but love the gameplay and abilities
#4: strange concept but would look cool, though it is similar to Blazing Gem, fire rate is confusing, Icarus Effect is too niche, otherwise well-rounded tower
#5: don’t understand how he attacks, quotes are too long and should be slightly adapted, only two abilities, Enhanced Magma would be really strong as it is basically an instakill, description should be shorter and not about ‘lore’

Winner: #3, creative design and abilities
Runner-up: #4, polished and good gameplay

Air

#1: reasonable concept but essentially just an archer that can be moved, Downdraft might be problematic as it needs new animations, but great idea, Better Saddles is super op
#2: unit attack rate missing, they seem too one-sided: op if there are no magic units but will die in one hit to most mages
#3: weird design but that is just my opinion, seems slightly weak, Lightbomb is too complicated, overheal is a great idea
#4: basic attack is a great concept, some abilities are really underpowered
#5: really expensive but still weak, another ability missing, Thunderbolt is weak as well

Winner: #4, great concept, though could have better abilities
Runner-up: #5, idea has potential, but needs more polish and balancing

Water

#1: would make a nice Deep Devils tower, love the innate, Shark Bait is a bit strong, Sharknado deals too much damage and would look silly
#2: uninteresting and weak basic attack, abilities are too strong
#3: love the frozen design, Chill is a great concept and I like the various uses, I would have the slow as innate and the death damage as an ability
#4: great design, similar to Grim Cemetery, Black Smoker doesn’t really fit
#5: I don’t really understand the concept (do they block enemies or travel up the path?), 1.4s spawn rate seems really op either way, abilities are uncreative

Winner: #3, my favourite of this contest, great design and unique mechanic, could still be simplified
Runner-up: #1, great innate, and #4, great design, though abilities could be improved in both

These are just some quick thoughts, if you want me to elaborate on my opinion on a specific tower, please tell me.
Btw are "points of armour" a thing? I thought it was only in percentages.
"To live an age, yet remember so little... Perhaps I should be thankful? All tragedy erased. I see only wonders... " - Quirrel
You probably won't click on this but here you go anyway.
User

by AerisDraco » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:10 pm

I'll ask for some elaboration post-contest as to not spoil who made which entry.

Points of armour are equivalent to percentages.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Sirsquier » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:35 am

AerisDraco wrote:Added a 5th entry that was barely in legal time for the contest. Edited the above post to better reflect this.

Also, Sirsquier, your vote is incomplete and will not be counted currently.

Will it be counted now?
User

by AerisDraco » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:06 am

Yes.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by RaZoR LeAf » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:57 am

I'll give my feedback once the winners have been announced
Yes it's me

by Sirsquier » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:37 pm

Well votings up
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:38 pm

Sirsquier wrote:Well votings up

Actually you have until 23:59 in Aeris' time zone to vote. Either way, you'll still have to wait for the results to be counted and posted which will be some time on Monday.
Yes it's me

by Sirsquier » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:43 am

Sorry it is 8:43 here. P.M.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:58 pm

The votes have been tallied and here are the results:

Earth:
1st: TARGET (3 votes) - RaZoR LeAf
2nd: Bulette Burrow (2 votes) - Nastybird339
3rd: Avatar of the Void & Ettin Stump (1 vote) - AerisDraco & proudgryffindor
No votes: Earth Shaman Shrine - Sirsquier

Fire:
1st: Stellar Focus & Saurian Sun Worshippers (3 votes) - AerisDraco & RaZoR LeAf
2nd: Fiery Boxer (1 vote) - proudgryffindor
No votes: Gnoll Fire Hurlers & Burners Hideout - Nastybird339 & Sirsquier

Air:
1st: Prism Channellers (3 votes) - RaZoR LeAf
2nd: Gryphon Aces (2 votes) - Nastybird339
3rd: The Fallen & Weather Madman (1 vote) - Sirsquier & proudgryffindor
No votes: Army of Light - AerisDraco

Water:
1st: Saghuain Priestess & Davy Jones' Locker (3 votes) - Nastybird339 & RaZoR LeAf
2nd: Frostbringer (1 vote) - AerisDraco
No votes: Dark Marsh & Pathfinder - Sirsquier & proudgryffindor

Participants:
Entry #1: Nastybird339 (Forums/Discord)
Entry #2: Sirsquier (Forums)
Entry #3: AerisDraco (Forums/Discord)
Entry #4: RaZoR LeAf (Forums)
Entry #5: proudgryffindor (Discord)
Yes it's me

by RaZoR LeAf » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:01 pm

And my feedback:

Entry #1

Bulette Burrow **
First off I love the originality of using a creature we've never seen before though I may have to kill you for using the Baby Shark song (did you design the tower around the line!?). I really like the phases of the units going from egg to adult. Skills are interesting too, and those names...

Gnoll Fire Hurlers
Molotov’s, hah! I like the design and practicality of the tower, but nothing necessarily stands out. Nice quotes.

Gryphon Aces **
So it moves around like the Zeppelin? It's not quite clear, but I assume that’s what you meant. It’s a great idea (I did something similar in the past). Downdraft is nice but making Flying enemies engage with barracks would require them to have an attack. Blazing Saddles is way OP.

Saghuain Priestess **
I love the design of the tower, it would fit brilliantly in another Deep Devils update. The bloodlust innate is different and I imagine would look great with the tower animations, and I LOL'd at the Sharknado, that’s hilarious.

I did notice that all your towers had innate skills, which is a lot considering they’re not all that common as standard. The Gryphon Rider innate would have been better off as a skill.

Entry #2

Burner Hideout
It’s so basic, there’s just nothing to visualise for what the tower looks like. Just Gnoll Burners on a rock. Burning Heart is too expensive for a meagre 15% chance of an instant kill.

Earth Shaman Shrine
Again the description is so short and lacking anything, it goes from an Earth Shaman between two poles, to an Earth Shaman between three poles. There’s nothing else. Skills are a little basic.

Dark Marsh
A rock and a tree. Woah. The effort put into the design of these towers is out of this world. The descriptions are weak, a level four tower that just says "or is it" doesn’t make much sense. Terror of the Marsh is way too OP. 20 seconds? Do you know how long that is in the game? Dead’s Call is a nice concept but it’s just too OP. It’s a better version of possession for less cost and more benefit.

The Fallen
Finally a bit of description for the tower other than "enemy on a thing". The quotes don’t suit the tower. I get you’re going for just LotR quotes, but that’s no reason to use quotes that don’t match the tower theme. Other than one skill I'm not feeling the element. You stated air, but you have a single Lightning skill. This would have been better suited to darkness.

Entry #3

I had a bit of trouble visualising the tower, just from the strange angles of the portals, but I get the just of it and it sounds very nightmarish. I like the Distortion skill, it's like a looping teleport skill, very original, as is Paradox.

Stellar Focus **
I like the design of the tower, but it just seems a bit.. flat? Nerd points for the N-D reference. Supernova is nice, balanced out by its inability to attack further for a short period. Would Burning Corona stop at 0 or go into negative resistance (a la Blood Gnoll)?

Army of Light
The innate again seems like it should be a skill, it’s too detailed for a simple passive skills. I get that all the skills rely on the orbs, but the tower would be less complex without it, or with the orbs adapted into the other skills. Photon Wall is OP to peak at 90% you could build a wall at the end of a level of super powerful soldiers.

Frostbringer
You missed out the Tower Room Appearance, but that’s ok because it wasn’t an actual requirement. I like the idea that the traitor is trapped in ice, I guess the same ice the queen herself was trapped in. Innate is too powerful, should be a skill. Frozen Path would be better as the innate, just as a Slow within range. All your skills stack extra damage on top of an innate damage. They'll end up dealing so much damage that the tower becomes OP.

You have the same deal as Entry 1, all the towers have innate skills that are in many cases as powerful as the standard skills. Innates shouldn’t be a way to sneak in extra skills, they should be subtle and simple.

Entry #4

Ettins' Stump
It’s the Druid towers from Origins almost exactly. The quotes don’t really fit the tower. Crap on a cracker maybe a little bit, but the others don’t. "Not a bad way to spend ten grand" is as out of place as "Durax don’t text". Anger Issues seems to similar to the Weirdwood's Clobber skill.

Fiery Boxer
It’s an... archer? The towers didn’t have to be set into the four original tower types, this could have been another Artillery tower (which would have suited it better). It has a nice look but I just don’t see Archer. The quotes don’t fit again, and they're very long. You talk about a Magma effect but don’t explain it, I assume that’s the skill we're missing.

Weather Madman
Missing a skill again

Troll Pathfinder
I like the concept of shooting soldiers down the path but it needs more explanation. The travel rate doesn’t state what the 100 is. Nodes? How does the tower work with a split path, does it randomly pick a route? The level description is way too long, that’s not going to fit into an info box on the game screen when you're building. Another skill is missing and the achievement is incomplete.

--------

I would very much like to hear all the feedback on my towers.
Yes it's me

by Sirsquier » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:46 pm

I redid some things just now as I realized. One of the abilities cost 20 when I ment 200. LOL. I may repost the towers I made after changing them.

Also whoever entry #5 is they are amazing. :hero:
User

by AerisDraco » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:27 pm

My opinions:

Entry #1
[+] SPOILER
Bulette Burrow:
-Interesting mechanic, but the innate having both a charge and adolescent maybe too complicated for a single innate.
-Abilities are good and thematic
-I assume Leap only occurs when the Bulettes are active on the field?

Fire Hurlers:
-Simple yet effective innate, though the 2.0 may last too long given the tower's fire rate
-How long does the oil last?

Gryphon Aces:
-Second level of Downdraft is weak for the cost
-Forcing fliers to engage barracks may be an issue since most Vengeance fliers lack an attack

Saghuain Priestess:
-Shark Bait's levels are unbalanced probably
-Sharknado duration is very long, damage may need to be toned down a little, otherwise balanced

Entry #2
[+] SPOILER
Burner Hideout
-Burning Heart is OP, especially for the cost
-Intense Heat is OP. Decrease duration significantly
-Torch Rockets is UP. Actually worse then the base attack, unless they set enemies on fire.

Earth Shaman Shrine
-Basic attack is too weak
-Mandrilos are OP
-Earth Armour fairly strong for the price

Dark Marsh
-I suppose high-CD low-cost abilities haven't been done, but I don't like them

The Fallen
-Physical immunity is very broken when maybe 3 enemies in vengeance deal magic damage
-Lightning Strike and Unholy Blade both triggering off of basic attacks doesn't feel right. Plus Lightning would be wasted if Unholy Blade was proc'd on the same strike.

Entry #4
[+] SPOILER
Sun Worshippers
-I don't like it as a base tower since it is essentially a clone of the Rotten Forest in terms of stats
-Icarus Effect is a bit niche
-Interesting that both of us did Sun towers and added a tower boost function

Davy Jones
-Marianas Trench is pretty good, but how long does the freeze last and how often is the 10% chance proc'd?
-Black Smoker is cool

TARGET
-Good to see a well-made firing cycle tower
-Narrow Shot is a waste of gold since the damage increase is the same as the area decrease
-Bejewelled is very hard to get

Prism
-AoE magic and pierce? Sign me up
-I'm somewhat torn on Infared Sight - it sounds cool, but it can be somewhat useless at times
-What's the CD for UV glow?

Entry #5
[+] SPOILER
Ettin
-Bigger Holes and Purified Stone are very boring
-Anger Issues is cool but the CD is too long (compare to Clobber)

Magma Boxer
-Magma Vomit is very UP, a <600 HP IK on a 60s CD for 500 gold?
-Conversely, Enhanced Magma is incredibly OP, as a permanent trap is essentially an IK

Weather Madman
-Interesting mage/archer concept
-"Electrifying" is already used by the Orc Shaman
-Thunderbolt is very UP, needs significant damage increase

Pathfinder
-At max level can deal more damage than upgraded Bone Flingers (already strong) but not limited by range
-Tacking on a 4.5s stun doesn't help
-I'm not entirely sure how Rocky Ice works

Thoughts on my own entries:
[+] SPOILER
-Intended to act as an interesting approach to an archer, and to kill high health targets.
-Even against giants like the high sorcerer or frost giant, it can deal mage-levels of damage, even while chipping armor.
-Distortion keeps enemies in the tower's range for longer, and may also prevent life loss.
-Paradox is best used at the start, where, against slow enemies, the DPS of the tower increases significantly.
-Eliminate was an attempt to be interesting with an IK.

Stellar Focus
-Meant to fight high-armor targets, unsurprisingly.
-Heavily influenced by Stellaris (same as my last contest entry).
-Interesting that both sun-element towers had a tower-boost ability.

Army of Light
-Was trying to think of ways to make a good stalling barracks that didn't have armor (DK) or numbers (Cemetery) as their main source of stall
-I chose healing instead
-The Army does pretty decent damage, around ~57 a second, which is enough to compete with offensive towers
-Lightbomb acts as burst damage/heal, and, with Photon Wall, burst armor.
-Photon Wall is really the center point of the barracks, as it can quickly out-tank Dark Knights.
-They're all named after Naaru from WoW.

Frostbringer
-Crowd fighting mage.
-Has a very satsifying combo from all its abilities. Frozen Path keeps enemies grouped, Hungering Cold spreads chill, and then Enveloping Hail hits hard, to set off a chain reaction which kills a horde.

I also managed to sneak in all of Kel'Thuzad's ult quotes from HotS, so I'm pretty happy about that.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by AerisDraco » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:52 pm

Responses to RaZoR's responses to my entry:

Stellar Focus
-Flat in what sense?
-Burning Corona would stop at 0. Blood Gnoll's negative magic resist is actually just an inc. to magic damage, code-wise.

Army of Light
-The orbs were the key part of the entry for me, as I wanted it to be distinct from other barracks, and most of the other archetypes are already covered. (DK tanks, Harasser ranged, Zombies numbers)
-The orbs have a max range limited by the tower, so it would be moderately difficult to get a superwall at the end of the track.
-That being said, Photon Wall could probably be toned down a bit.

Frostbringer
-I don't like the idea of switching the innate and Frozen Path, but limiting both so that they only trigger when in range of a Frostbringer seems like a good idea.
-Changing Deathchill to a flat number (say 10) is also probably a good idea.
-Base damage or attack speed could use a nerf, compared to other Vengeance mages.

General:
-I find innates to be a way to give uniqueness to a tower, hence why all of my entries had one. Even if the Stellar Focus innate was fairly simple.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by Sirsquier » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:40 pm

I'll do what Aeris just did as soon as I can get on my computer.
User

by GoddessArtemis » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:44 pm

I’ll give some more feedback to Razor and AerisDraco as they asked for it.

RaZoR LeAf

Saurian Sun Worshippers

- I really like the design, but it seems a bit unusual for Saurians to worship the sun
- I cannot really comment on the attack as the dps of ‘constant’ is not very clear
- Icarus Effect is complicated and very niche
- Solar Flare is missing a cooldown
- Is solar flare visually a pulse, as this might be confusing if it does not hit all targets it comes into contact with?

Davy Jones’ Locker
- I adore the design of the anchor becoming a ship at tier 4, skeletons would be nice to see and give me PotC vibes
- the gameplay is solid as a cheap tower with quick respawns but weak units, even though it is similar to Grim Cemetery
- Black Smoker could pose a problem with two rally points, but I guess you could click on the ability to move it

TARGET
- I really enjoy the design of the tower with the gemstones and the dwarf being flung around
- the gameplay is very unique, KR didn’t really have any towers that needed special positioning
- the reload time is fine, though honestly I could picture it just constantly firing
- again Blow Out makes it necessary to have even more consideration for positioning, which is great but might be a bit powerful

Prism Channelers
- I do think we need a high damage, slow rate of fire tower in the game
- again some missing cooldowns
- I understand why you decrease some stats as you upgrade the tower, but it could be avoided
- Infrared Sight seems quite weak: I think it should definitely be the enemy with the most health and maybe even constant
- Infrared Sight could be an innate to avoid the frustration of wasting shots on weak enemies
- the dps of the tower based on the highest damage is about 28; with three levels of Magnificent Seven, it’s 30, so while the number is nice it could use a buff

Overall, some very unique towers with great designs. I like the level of polish on all of these.
I notice you like to add a bonus for the last tier of upgrades. However, this might not be noticed by many players who assume it is just a number upgrade. Some of these also steer close to being too complicated, though I think that is a problem for everyone in an attempt to create something entirely new.
I believe all towers have two quotes for abilities, one written and one spoken, perhaps you could include some as I really like the quotes you choose.

AerisDraco

- as Razor said, I am a bit confused by the design but I am sure it would look cool
- the innate is a bit too complicated, but I understand the focus on high health enemies
- Distortion and Eliminate are very creative
- what is the point of Paradox? I guess towers can damage it if enemies are out of range or artillery deals double damage, but this is definitely not enough

Stellar Focus
- definitely a unique design, I like how you incorporated real science, though perhaps doesn’t fit the game perfectly
- again, the high damage, low fire rate tower is a good idea
- magnetic field is a good way to avoid the tower hitting weaker enemies
- so 1 point of armour = 1 percent?
- Dyson Swarm is a creative take on abilities that boost other towers

Army of Light
- personally I am not a fan of the design at all with the golden shapes and orbs, but that is just my opinion
- you could increase the attack and the innate could just include the heal to make it simpler
- Lightbomb is too complicated
- I like the concept of overheal, but how does the orb heal if the soldier is not in combat; are the orbs separate from the soldiers?
- overall, I like the idea of barracks with healing that you were going for, but its just a bit confusing and could use a burst heal

Frostbringer
- I really love this tower, shame it did not get many votes as it was my favourite
- the design is great with the wizard completely frozen and his eyes lighting up
- I would prefer for the lore to explain why he gets more powerful, e.g. he becomes one with the ice
- I agree with Razor, Frozen Path would be a better and simpler innate for an ice tower
- in fact, I think this tower has a lot of potential but could use some rearranging and simplification, so I will make my own version

Overall, your towers are also very polished and well designed. However, I do think most of them are very complicated and could be simplified.

If anyone else wants more specific feedback, please ask.
"To live an age, yet remember so little... Perhaps I should be thankful? All tragedy erased. I see only wonders... " - Quirrel
You probably won't click on this but here you go anyway.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:25 pm

GoddessArtemis wrote:I’ll give some more feedback to Razor and AerisDraco as they asked for it.

RaZoR LeAf

Saurian Sun Worshippers

- I really like the design, but it seems a bit unusual for Saurians to worship the sun
- I cannot really comment on the attack as the dps of ‘constant’ is not very clear
- Icarus Effect is complicated and very niche
- Solar Flare is missing a cooldown
- Is solar flare visually a pulse, as this might be confusing if it does not hit all targets it comes into contact with?

It's based more on Saurians as lizards living in the desert, than the underground armed with weapons. I probably should have made that more clear. Lizards are cold blooded aso need the sun's heat to survive, therefore they would worship it like a primitive God. I agree that Icarus Effect is niche, I honestly built the skill around the name as it's the one thing I could think of that was related to the sun.

GoddessArtemis wrote:Davy Jones’ Locker
- I adore the design of the anchor becoming a ship at tier 4, skeletons would be nice to see and give me PotC vibes
- the gameplay is solid as a cheap tower with quick respawns but weak units, even though it is similar to Grim Cemetery
- Black Smoker could pose a problem with two rally points, but I guess you could click on the ability to move it

God I didn't even think about there being two rally points >.< maybe it would have like a second rally flag 'bubble' just on the edge of the skill that could be used to reposition it.

GoddessArtemis wrote:TARGET
- I really enjoy the design of the tower with the gemstones and the dwarf being flung around
- the gameplay is very unique, KR didn’t really have any towers that needed special positioning
- the reload time is fine, though honestly I could picture it just constantly firing
- again Blow Out makes it necessary to have even more consideration for positioning, which is great but might be a bit powerful

And to think this is the tower I had the most trouble with.

GoddessArtemis wrote:Prism Channelers
- I do think we need a high damage, slow rate of fire tower in the game
- again some missing cooldowns
- I understand why you decrease some stats as you upgrade the tower, but it could be avoided
- Infrared Sight seems quite weak: I think it should definitely be the enemy with the most health and maybe even constant
- Infrared Sight could be an innate to avoid the frustration of wasting shots on weak enemies
- the dps of the tower based on the highest damage is about 28; with three levels of Magnificent Seven, it’s 30, so while the number is nice it could use a buff

You're right that Infrared could do with work.

Honestly, most of the ideas here are based on notes for towers from my Chronicles game.
Yes it's me

Next