Lore suggestions

The place to make/discuss Kingdom Rush suggestions.

Lore suggestions

by kevin32 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:27 pm

Here are some suggestions that if implemented will help immerse the player in the world of Kingdom Rush.

Intro Story

When the player starts a new game, a short story will play introducing the world of Kingdom Rush, explaining why the kingdom is under attack, and what the player's mission is. A human voice-over would work well here.

Kingdom Rush Origins

Where and when is the world of Kingdom Rush? Is it here on Earth, taking place now? Or was it a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away? What region of the main map are we seeing? Is it "the whole world"? Or only a small region of a much larger world? And who are the people who live here? What races exist and in what regions do they live? I think a few short sentences answering these questions allows the player to know as much about the people and land he has been tasked to defend, as he does the enemies and their locations. To add depth, consider adding some of the citizens to the actual campaigns as on-lookers of the battle.

Tower Origins

Archers, Soldiers, Mages, and Dwarfs. Who are they? What part of the world did they come from? Why is this their chosen profession? If there is a specific region of the world they come from, it would be neat to have a campaign each that 'passes through' their respective regions.

Hero Origins

I think it would be nice to have a little more information about the heroes' backgrounds. Specifically, what region of the world they come from, and what motivates them be part of your party. A bonus would be to create a special campaign for each region that requires its respective hero to complete it. Either that, or certain heroes can be unlocked after the player has helped them defend in the campaign. That campaign stage will then serve as a historical point for the hero's origin and why they are joining the fight. Ultimately, hero origins help the player better connect with the heroes.

Extended ending

I would also like to suggest extending the ending of the game to include how the world has improved or celebrated after the player beats the game. Even a 1-minute slideshow of the key areas would work. For example, King Denas had an ending sequence. How about the other heroes?

Of course, a much simpler option would be to include in a Lore book in the encyclopedia that provides a detailed account of the lands of Kingdom Rush, as well as a more in-depth background of the heroes, but I feel the above suggestions will create a more immersive experience.

Open to comments!
Last edited by kevin32 on Fri May 03, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 12 times in total.
User

Location: In Machu Picchu, communing with the gods of tower defense.

Re: Lore suggestions

by spark123 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:35 am

I for one, would like a heropedia. One that shows all the heroes stats etc.
Soccer is awesome, so is KR
User

by Santiago » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:10 am

Very good idea, i like it.
User

by silveroakelf » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:00 am

You kind of already get the backround story when you open the level "card", but theres nothing to do with the heroes...
The tribe has spoken, mon!
Quake and bake!
Time for target practice...
On the trail!
User

by ljvnl » Thu May 02, 2013 8:23 pm

I definitely like your ideas about introducing the heroes more and giving them some additional background.
It probably adds a more immersive touch to the game as you say, but its also an option to create some outspoken, thematic challenges.
Although enemies change, there is always a wide variation in them when playing. Just one type, like trolls as you say, could be some fun.
So, lots of possibilities there. Lots of fun and more depth to the game. Count me in ;)
User

by Vanzen » Fri May 03, 2013 7:10 pm

Loved your ideas Kevin :)
We thought about adding lore to the encyclopedia but sadly our plate is already full on development of Frontiers. Maybe in the future we can add it to a wiki or something since we'd love to show more of the depth and background about the world of KR.
Ironhide Developer

by spark123 » Fri May 03, 2013 10:07 pm

Vanzen wrote:Loved your ideas Kevin :)
We thought about adding lore to the encyclopedia but sadly our plate is already full on development of Frontiers. Maybe in the future we can add it to a wiki or something since we'd love to show more of the depth and background about the world of KR.

Cool. Heropedia with all stats and specials info..... Hint hint...
Soccer is awesome, so is KR
User

by Sinque Productions » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:17 pm

Vanzen wrote:Loved your ideas Kevin :)

What if the community came up with a lot of the stuff, or at least the character backstories? And then the community voted on backstories. That way, the developers could focus on the game, and we would get a story. I would love to make a story for my favorite character of all time, :veznan:!
The above message has been sent by The Killian Experience version of Addy.
User

by RZRider » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:41 pm

Sorry, dude, hate to crap all over your first post, but sadly your post is necromancy. Please look at the date of the post before before you post. :)

Ps please stay on the forums. We always try to welcome new comers. So welcome. Ignore the body in the attic, and forget that bloody knife, enjoy yourself!!! :lol:
I am a 12 year old boy who loves lifting weights and going outside. I am writing two books at the moment and learning programming. I love gaming and other nerdy hobbies. I am a active forum member and to all new members, welcome
User

Location: The house in Indiana were we finally got unlimited Data FOR INTERNET!!

by BigBadWolf » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:47 pm

OMG I wish I was blessed by the presents of a Dev...
Nice ideas, but Tower Origins? Really? I don't think we should go that deep.

Though a full world map would be cool...maybe you could play side quests that are given to you by NPCs that you can meet in-game.
I am your nightmares.
I am your fear.
I am the silent laughs you hear.
I am the Big Bad Wolf, and I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow the house down.
User