Suggestion: The Dark Side

For the King!

Suggestion: The Dark Side

by Earendel » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:11 pm

The idea of you placing orcs & demon towers to fond off armies of humans, elves, dwarves, etc, has been mentioned before a few times by other people in other threads but it should probably have it's own thread.

Firstly, should you be able to play the evil side in the same game that you play the good side?
For example:
If you have Kingdom Rush 2, should Kingdom Rush 2 contain a Good Campaign and an Evil Campaign.
OR
Should there be a Kingdom Rush 2 game that contains a Good Campaign, and a separate game that contains an Evil Campaign.

If the evil campaign is a separate game, what should it be called? Dark Kingdom Rush? Horde Rush'?

I think having the evil campaign as a separate game has one major disadvantage:
If you have a story that goes back and forth between campaigns it would be quite confusing if the numbers don't match - something that would happen if at some later date a third faction were added.

Regardless of how a dark campaign is published a packaged, how should the dark side units fit into the Kingdom Rush tower roles?
Arrow towers = trolls?
Artillery towers = demons?
Magic towers = necromancers / undead?
Barracks = bandits / dark knights?

where do the spiders fit in?
would it be better to have demons in the magic towers, spiders in the artillery, and undead in the barracks?
User

Re: Suggestion: The Dark Side

by MaGnUs » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:23 pm

I like "Kingdom Horde". :)
Writer and letterer for hire!
Clockwork Chap
User

by Barrotes » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:35 pm

Earendel wrote:If the evil campaign is a separate game, what should it be called? Dark Kingdom Rush? Horde Rush'?

I vote for:
-Kingdom Rush: Evil Inside :twisted:
I'm a Donkey, what's your excuse ?
User

by Landbark » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:39 pm

Good idea, but I advise to wait for official announcement about KRush 2 or any other expansion.
I think that would show us If this idea will ever make through :)

The final cutscene of Kingdom Rush shows us possibility of having an evil army.
But I don't think that would work in this type of the world. It's good, positive and in tower upgrading we have a "good" type of choice (not between paladin or dark knight for example). But a a separate campaing or something why not?

Anyways, I'll give some ideas of mine :)

I think rather than defending some point, we should be invading. If the game would still be Tower Defense it could be a good idea to "defend" our invading forces from defenders (of castle, town or something). After the defenders are whipe out, we move in.

It would be funny to lead an army of creatures not seen in KRush, like cursed dark elfs, deep living morlocks or evil draconians. This could give opportunity to make a mission where you are fighting other evil warlord who wants to have you out of the way.

As for the towers,
Earendel wrote:Regardless of how a dark campaign is published a packaged, how should the dark side units fit into the Kingdom Rush tower roles?
Arrow towers = trolls?
Artillery towers = demons?
Magic towers = necromancers / undead?
Barracks = bandits / dark knights?

I think that would be too simple idea :] We want to give Ironhide members the ideas that are impossible to execute.
(These ideas are just random at some point but can provide some inner inspirations)

Warlock Tower - Shoots normal magic bolts. After upgrade it can become Necromancer tower or Alchemist tower. Necromancer shoots normal bolts and if enemy die, it will raise as a skelleton or skelleton warrior to defend the road. Alchemist has weaker attack but he poison the earth, creating deadlands. Deadlands slows enemy or decrease their armor.

Dungeon - home for slaves and others. Slaves are weak but can be reinforced very fast. Upgraded Torture chamber creates tortured souls which can curse enemies but cannot harm them. Deep Dungeon release powerfull monter, his role is similar to the earth elemental :)

Tree of pestilence - cursed long ago during elven civil war, home for the dark elves. Normal dark elves shoots spears at the enemies. Tree of shadows sends litte homing like shadows that attacks enemy at the great distance while Carnivore tree catches enemies at shorts distance and eats them ;]

Portal - summons skelletons that defend the road, quite healthy but with low damage. Hell portal summon demons and demon lords while Limbo gate summons revenats, long dead warriors cursed due their crimes.

These building differs from the "good" side, to develop new experience and tactics :D

That's all for now, stay tuned :)
User

by mrmaxmrmax » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:42 pm

Kingdom Rushed
User

by farisonja11 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:55 am

landbark your suggestions are awesome
User