Kingdom Rush Wikia - Official Discussion Thread

For the King!

Kingdom Rush Wikia - Official Discussion Thread

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:14 pm

Just restarting the topic, as the previous one appears to have been deleted.

Kingdom Rush Wikia Project

http://kingdomrushtd.wikia.com/wiki/Kingdom_Rush_Wiki

As you may or may not be aware there is a Kingdom Rush wikia edited and updated by the fans. Most, if not all, of the contributors have come form this forum, and the active updaters at the moment are all members of this forum. This thread exists as a faster and more convenient means to communicate with each other, as well as allowing contributors to discuss pages that need changing, more information, etc. It's also a way for people who use the wikia but don't contribute to see what goes on and maybe lend a hand.

What the Wiki needs

Lets get straight into it. These are just a few things that the wiki needs:

From the main page

Detailed statistics towers, heroes and enemies
- Newer pages have taken precedence over the older ones, but time should be taken to go back and improve the quality of the older pages. This is mainly pages relating to the original Kingdom Rush game.

Full Level and Boss information
- Every level has three game modes, Campaign, Iron and heroic. We need wave formations for each one. This is a pretty tedious process to go through, but once you've done it and see it on screen, it's quite satisfying.

Editors who can make sure all pages follow similar formats
- Basically, pages are added quickly when requires, so they may not be of a high standard. Pages that have been edited over time are going to look better than the more recently added ones. We want all the pages to be of the same quality and not miss out any information. If you are correcting spelling errors, then make an effort of it. Go through ALL pegs, don't just pick one word here and there.

Strategy Information
- Towers have Tactics. Enemies and Bosses have Strategy. Heroes have Tips and Tricks. An in-depth and detailed guide with both the pros and cons of each should be on every page.

From observation

Waves
- As said previously, more level pages are missing information on the waves. If wikis are to replace text FAQs, then this is the sort of information people will be searching for.

Images
- Many pages have images of low quality. The highest quality you can get at the moment is between iPad and Steam. What we need on every page is images to be of the sharpest, cleanest quality. Take for instance the difference between these two images. Poor quality and high quality. All tower, enemy, and hero pages should have a gallery that demonstrates what the subject matter is capable of.

More contributors
- This is the main one. The wikia needs more people. It only has a small crew filling in where they can. Thos of us who are editing it can only do so at a steady pace. When new things are introduced, people on the forum state "there's nothing on the wiki about it". That's because we have to play the levels the same time as you. If you want to see things on the wiki, then help out.

I want to help out!

That's the spirit! Joining the wiki community is simple enough, all the instructions are on the main page if you haven't already registered with wiki before. Learning how to edit a wiki may take a while, but there are plenty of video and web tutorials on how to do the basic things around. Trust me, they are what I used and still use now. There are just a few things that are expected of you, when editing the wiki:

Make sure you are correct.
- Don't edit pages with speculation, or your casual observations without concrete proof. If you can provide the proof then do so, or get your theory tested by several different people first.

Spelling and Punctuation
- Make sure your spelling and grammar is good. We can accept a few spelling mistakes along the way, as people will pick up on them and correct them. If you've written 5000 words and you have a couple of errors, it's no big deal, but writing 100 words and 25 are incorrect then there may be a problem. ON that note, I think in the long run it is better that American English is used. It's what is used by Ironhide, and the majority of people editing use it too.

Be consistent
- If you are going to edit a page with certain details, to a particular degree then make sure you do the same for all pages in that category. For example, I recently edited all the enemy main photos to be the same size and quality. That's over 100 pages that all needed to be updated.

Don't forget your place
- This isn't meant to sound mean, but the wiki isn't a forum. It's an encyclopaedia of fact. Its primary focus is to educate people on Kingdom Rush, it's not a soapbox for you to preach your views and opinions. If your edits are wrong, then they will be changed. You have to accept that and move on, not change them back and complain. Editing the wiki isn't going to earn you any glory.

It is not a hosting site
- Please do not upload your fanart. There are numerous free websites where you can post your made up heroes and towers, but the wiki is not one of them.

If you want to help you, but don't want to sign up then this is also fine. You can still help out by gathering data. The biggest thing we want and need is waves. If you can get that data, and send it to a contributor then that would save us a lot of time and hassle.

The rest of this thread

The rest of the thread is for discussion of the ongoing updating of the wike. For contributors to co-ordinate updates, or to designate certain pages as theirs to update or other pages to stay away from. It's for people who are not contributors to say what they think needs updating or changing, or for them to offer help. Regardless of what is discussed, please remember that both Chimto and RaZoR LeAf are the admins of the wiki, basically making them boss. If we shoot something down, you are within your right to question it, but demands and accusations are not the way to go about it.

If we could get some of the devs to comment on this page with any information they can spare, that would be great. I don't want people sending them messages and trying to push them this way though. If they happen to stop by and see this thread, and kind of trivia or facts that you'd like to see on the page are more than welcome.
Yes it's me

Re: Kingdom Rush Wikia - Official Discussion Thread

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:18 pm

Just a couple of points that I can remember from the last thread:

• Is it worth splitting the enemies that appear in both Blackburn and Shadowmoon into two tabs, like Chimto recently did to Vez'nan? As the enemies have different stats (in some cases) and different strategies involved in killing them (due to the different towers and heroes) separate tabs would suit them better, without having to resort to an entirely separate page.
  • Level strategy. I raised this at one point but didn't get much of a response to it. I think we need to start this, but we need to come up with a way of doing it that's more of a tips guide rather than flat out step by step instructions.
  • Actually that's all I can remember.
Yes it's me

by Ashbite » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:43 pm

I think we should only split them into two pages if they're the different types. So split Vez'nan, but not Werewolves.
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with this attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.

A villain dies a thousand times, a hero only once.

:veznan: :sheep: :veznan:
User

by Chimto » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:31 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:Just a couple of points that I can remember from the last thread

Aaand some more things I have to add:
  • Detailed stats for Endless minibosses.
  • The earliest wave at which an enemy appears in Endless.
  • Point growth for enemies in Endless.
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by Ashbite » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:11 am

Well according to my observation the HP growth is different in different games. In one game it went 50-> 52-> 56-> 62 and another 50-> 51-> 56-> 61.
I suppose it could be dependent on the number of enemies that spawn.
Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappointed with this attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.

User

by Chimto » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:47 am

Ashbite wrote:50-> 52-> 56-> 62

Ashbite wrote:50-> 51-> 56-> 61

Remember that the HP grows even if the enemy itself doesn't spawn during a wave. Are these stats are taken from 4 consecutive waves (with none in-between), or from 4 separated waves?
A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely. All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well.
User

by Ashbite » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:14 pm

Both from 4 separated waves.

User

by MisterX » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:41 pm

Is there an easy way to find those main menu maps in the wiki?
If i search for pictures named map then the kro map for example isn't found.
It is annoying to search for it and check each picture which was uploaded.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:16 pm

MisterX wrote:Is there an easy way to find those main menu maps in the wiki?
If i search for pictures named map then the kro map for example isn't found.
It is annoying to search for it and check each picture which was uploaded.

No there isn't.

You can blame all the people who upload files called tklhfdglkehrgkhdgkhwekgwhekgvjskvkzdhgksdghvksdvkdz.jpg instead of changing the name to map.jpg
Yes it's me

by The_TaTs » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:32 pm

I must issue an apology.

At some point last week, this sub-forum got massively spammed. I'm talking about 22 pages of Spam threads. I was in San Francisco and I tried to clean it up, but I must've deleted the Wiki thread by accident.

I'm super sorry about that lads. I'll try to contribute to your efforts with the wiki as soon as I can.
User

by Finwer » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:58 pm

The_TaTs wrote:I must issue an apology.

At some point last week, this sub-forum got massively spammed. I'm talking about 22 pages of Spam threads. I was in San Francisco and I tried to clean it up, but I must've deleted the Wiki thread by accident.

I'm super sorry about that lads. I'll try to contribute to your efforts with the wiki as soon as I can.

You guys also deleted the Controvesial Heroes topic(you know the one well we were complaining about how Phoenix got a nerf but other heroes are still unbalanced).
I SUPPORT HERO IMPROVEMENTS: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5322
I answered as sincerly as possible and I got my favorite color...YAY!
User

by The_TaTs » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:05 pm

Finwer wrote:

You guys also deleted the Controvesial Heroes topic(you know the one well we were complaining about how Phoenix got a nerf but other heroes are still unbalanced).

Sorry about that too. There were around 500 spam threads and I only had a few minutes to clean it up.
User

by Finwer » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:38 pm

The_TaTs wrote:
Finwer wrote:

Sorry about that too. There were around 500 spam threads and I only had a few minutes to clean it up.

"we were complaining about how Phoenix got a nerf but other heroes are still unbalanced"
Maybe now it would be more obvious.
User

by MisterX » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:37 pm

Suggestion...
If you check all the levels: For kingdom rush the steam map is displayed before the levels start.
Why don't you put an iPad picture of each map /main menu) into this section?
Like the steam map... the map of the main menu for each kingdom rush would be displayed at first and then all the levels...
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:52 pm

MisterX wrote:Suggestion...
If you check all the levels: For kingdom rush the steam map is displayed before the levels start.
Why don't you put an iPad picture of each map /main menu) into this section?
Like the steam map... the map of the main menu for each kingdom rush would be displayed at first and then all the levels...

It's been on my list to do, but every time I've gone to do it, there's been another update/beta that's added more to the map.
Yes it's me

by The_TaTs » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:11 pm

Finwer wrote:"we were complaining about how Phoenix got a nerf but other heroes are still unbalanced"
Maybe now it would be more obvious.

Rude. And repetitive. I've already compiled a long list of fixes suggested by this forum and talked to the team about it. If we have the time, we will try to make those fixes. But no one is more aware than us about the flaws in our own games. Thank you.
User

by MisterX » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:36 pm

Finwer, this is your punishment for enraging our pizza god ;P
just joking^^
User

by wailwail » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:50 pm

Lol he deserves that
User

Location: In Linirea , protecting Denas as his personal guard

by Juice Box » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:56 pm

Uhh. No, he didn't.

Finwer's really only reminded TaTs once. And besides, if Ironhide had fixed the heroes already (which they had more than a year to do), he wouldn't need to say that.

No offense to Ironhide, of course. Just reminding that Finwer technically isn't at fault.
User

by Finwer » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:34 pm

Juice Box wrote:Uhh. No, he didn't.

Finwer's really only reminded TaTs once. And besides, if Ironhide had fixed the heroes already (which they had more than a year to do), he wouldn't need to say that.

No offense to Ironhide, of course. Just reminding that Finwer technically isn't at fault.

Thanks JuiceBox,but I was a bit rude there.I rewrote that because Tats didn't respond to it like it wasn't there.
No offense,the KR series is really cool and I want IH to make the best out of it.
Now excuse me I have to hunt and kill Eridan for stealing my identity. :yey:
User

Next