Realms of Belligerence

Talk about anything game related!

Re: Realms of Belligerence

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:07 am

I will hold back on rebalancing the units right now, as some of the troops I designed are balanced for certain gameplay scenarios that just wouldn't work as well with single troops. This is yet another time that I've not heeded advice, which I feel really bad about, but I feel like squads would work better, so I'm going to roll with that for now. Sorry Chimto. :? Thanks for caring enough to try to help, though. :)

Update with the Ulden Snipers. Ulden Imaplers, Ulden Galvanizers, and Ulden Assailants are next, along with a special variation of Ulden infantry unique to the faction, which will be posted between the Galvanizers and Assailants, hopefully all within the same day. :)
BBB

by phillipriv9 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:27 pm

How is the game coming along
1 there I put something here
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:52 am

phillipriv9 wrote:How is the game coming along

Psychic. :shock:

I just updated with the Ulden Impalers. I was going to wait until I got all of the basic Ulden infantry before announcing an update, though. How are the units so far, ignoring the squad aspect?
BBB

by phillipriv9 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:40 am

I like them a lot
1 there I put something here
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:27 pm

phillipriv9 wrote:I like them a lot

Thanks! Could you tell me what about them works for further help? I feel that the main downside to them right now is that th seem sort of basic. Even if they're meant to be well-rounded and versatile units, I feel as though there is something else that I can add to them besides the surprise I have in store. If you have any suggestions, let me know. :)

By the way, I updated with the Ulden Galvaniser, who is inspired by the Drummer Troll in BFME2. :P
BBB

by The Kingmaker » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:20 pm

Wow, there is so much depth and excellent drawings! :D any drawings I do, I always feather the edges of anything I draw, so they end up looking like they had a horrible accident halfway through teleportation.

Also, drummer trolls are the best unit ever, although I am waiting for the Ulendrai attack troll.
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:12 pm

Yet another update, featuring a simple but flexible mechanic for Ulden infantry: Evolution! :twisted:

The troops can be, for a high price, upgraded into much stronger units that will be a lot harder to kill and easier to kill with. ;) A very, very late game mechanic due to how costly it can be, but also effective against the growing hordes of enemy units. This is meant to give variety by allowing players to spend money on larger numbers of units or units of greater power and lesser number, adding to the versatility of the Uldenrai faction.

Mostly, it's meant to make the faction a lot cooler. Imagine an army of giant Ulden soldiers outside some large, Minas Tirith-like castle and charging as a Galvaniser blows his horn, making the troops roar and the enemy quake with fear...
BBB

by warbot1000 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:41 am

It all looks good but i have some questions.
On the map is it solely pvp or will there be wild neutral creatures which you can defeat for R and other bonuses?
If not could I make some for you?
How much R is earnt per minute and how do you increase this amount?, is the R per minute different for each class?
Because Ferons were "here first" do they get a starting bonus?
What are the stats of the buildings e.g. summoners pit and will there be other buildings?

my ideas
http://www.ironhidegames.com/forums/vie ... =15&t=4760
I am master of the elements, student of goku and digimon king
My friends an I fight for good beware of warbot the humanrobot!!

If its not JB its not right!
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:09 pm

Sorry for the long delay. I wanted to put some thought into Chimto's advice before adding anything else, and I had to make sure that I rebalanced things correctly.

warbot1000 wrote:It all looks good but i have some questions.
On the map is it solely pvp or will there be wild neutral creatures which you can defeat for R and other bonuses?
If not could I make some for you?
How much R is earnt per minute and how do you increase this amount?, is the R per minute different for each class?
Because Ferons were "here first" do they get a starting bonus?
What are the stats of the buildings e.g. summoners pit and will there be other buildings?

Neutral creatures are mostly treacherous Ferons and some other, less intelligent creatures. They appear on some but not all maps.
I'll take ideas after I post the other races, which won't be anytime soon, unfortunately.
R is generated by resource buildings that are constructed and upgraded by the player. Each faction has different units of different costs, but they all create the same amount of resources. Resources from neutral factions would be more or less valuable to other races if there were different amounts per minute.
Ferons spam units more easily, but otherwise, no.
Other buildings exist and can be destroyed by units, mostly special anti-building classes but also regular units and heroes. I will detail those later.

UPDATE!!!

I've taken Chimto's advice and rebalanced everything. A single troop is bought from buildings with a lesser cost, along with cheaper upgrades and less Command Points taken up. I also added a new stat for units, known as Training Points (TP) which determine how many units can be built at a time. Upgrading buildings increases how many training points they can manage at once, so that players can train multiple units at once if they have the resources to buy them all, but the units will still be separate once spawned. I hope this helps things.

I also changed the armour stat to have a flat reduction rather than a percentage reduction, to make high-damage attacks that much more valuable. Armor that goes over the damage amount of an attack will result in the attack dealing 1 damage.
BBB

by Big Bad Bug » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:26 pm

Update with the Ulden Assailants, the Ulden cavalry. :yey:
BBB

Previous