Lord of the Rings: Battle For Middle Earth II

Talk about anything game related!

Re: Lord of the Rings: Battle For Middle Earth II

by The Kingmaker » Fri May 20, 2016 8:30 am

I was explaining things to my dad who was peering over my shoulder, and I had to slow down and not explain what I was doing timewise but in general because everything moves so fast. It's definitely complex, but you get the hang of it. I hope You'll get to play it at some point :D
"Aragorn: [Elvish] Sit down, Legolas."

My treasured creations:
The Oddities, The Four Elementals, Gathering Twilight
The Community Improves Heroes
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri May 20, 2016 12:50 pm

I hope I can play any form of BFME2 at some point. :( Also, what do you think of doing our own version of BFME 2 vs, just not uploaded to YouTube?

Xstar, I need your help!!! :cry:
BBB

by xstargaming » Fri May 20, 2016 7:30 pm

Big Bad Bug wrote:Xstar, I need your help!!! :cry:

My apologies; I didn't see your initial message because I was at a competition. I would give Service Pack 3 a try over the the first, but sometimes the newer service packs cause access rights issues due to the additional layers of security. Start with the third, but if that fails (for whatever reason), give the first an attempt. If you're still having trouble, we can begin the slightly more complex solutions. :)
User

by Big Bad Bug » Fri May 20, 2016 10:56 pm

xstargaming wrote:
Big Bad Bug wrote:Xstar, I need your help!!! :cry:

My apologies; I didn't see your initial message because I was at a competition. I would give Service Pack 3 a try over the the first, but sometimes the newer service packs cause access rights issues due to the additional layers of security. Start with the third, but if that fails (for whatever reason), give the first an attempt. If you're still having trouble, we can begin the slightly more complex solutions. :)

I can't forgive you because I was never upset in the first place. ;)

I got the game's menu screen to appear. Although "Play" didn't work, "Technical Difficulties" did and it showed me this:

BBB

by xstargaming » Sat May 21, 2016 10:28 am

That's very curious... It sounds like it might be a display driver issue? Perhaps there was some trouble with being able to run the cutscene or the opening tutorial. Just in case, could you run a system check: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cy ... h-ii/10429

I expect your computer to pass exceedingly well, but this would reveal if there is a hardware issue of some kind. Otherwise, I would recommend installing DirectX 9 if you have 11 and 11 if you have 9 already. Technically, version 11 is backwards compatible, but there have been some known issues. Also, be certain your drivers are up-to-date -- something you can check in Device Manager. :)
User

by The Kingmaker » Sat May 21, 2016 3:22 pm

Hmm, that seems complex .

I think I could do some stuff in the map creator, but it would be against the AI so wouldn't be fully reliable

My treasured creations:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Sun May 22, 2016 5:52 pm

xstargaming wrote:That's very curious... It sounds like it might be a display driver issue? Perhaps there was some trouble with being able to run the cutscene or the opening tutorial. Just in case, could you run a system check: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cy ... h-ii/10429

I expect your computer to pass exceedingly well, but this would reveal if there is a hardware issue of some kind. Otherwise, I would recommend installing DirectX 9 if you have 11 and 11 if you have 9 already. Technically, version 11 is backwards compatible, but there have been some known issues. Also, be certain your drivers are up-to-date -- something you can check in Device Manager. :)

Well, I'm getting my tuxedo fitted for my uncle's wedding today, so I won't be able to test anything just yet. In case I forget, send me a PM reminder if I don't respond in a day. :)
BBB

by The Kingmaker » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:21 am

I'm really having lots of fun against hard AI now, although Dwarven and Elven AI are tricky.

I just beat my first brutal (an Angmar, who have the easiest AI besides the early hero spam and catapults) as Mordor, one of my least favourite factions, mainly by finding the ring pretty much the intent I bought Sauron, meaning his heavy AOE swings cleared out wave after wave of enemy fodder. As always I supplemented the free Orc and Orc archer spam with Cirith Ungol units, who are tie breakers, and by getting catalults and Rams from a seige works, granting Sauron another level when it hit level 3. Eventually, with upgraded reinforcement of Rhûn and Harad as well as Grond and a Mumakîl, I smashed the stupid AI :twisted:

They've announced the next faction as "Mae Govanen" (what Elrond says) so I'm so excited for Imladris/Rivendell because Arnor is my favourite faction because of their Elven units

My treasured creations:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:50 am

Alright, so, I tried to test the computer's abilities to run games, and the website told me that the operating system was the only issue with running the game. Looking into it further, the problem is because Windows 10 is too recent for the game, so it isn't officially supported as a feature. The website also claims (just as you told me earlier) that Windows XP should be the minimum requirement. However, every time I click "play" when the game menu opens up, it remains frozen. I've applied each and every type of windows to the game to no avail. I still didn't get any information about the display memory for the computer from the website, either.
BBB

by xstargaming » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:57 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:Alright, so, I tried to test the computer's abilities to run games, and the website told me that the operating system was the only issue with running the game. Looking into it further, the problem is because Windows 10 is too recent for the game, so it isn't officially supported as a feature. The website also claims (just as you told me earlier) that Windows XP should be the minimum requirement. However, every time I click "play" when the game menu opens up, it remains frozen. I've applied each and every type of windows to the game to no avail. I still didn't get any information about the display memory for the computer from the website, either.

If you could run a quick check on your video card (and the rest of your system specs), that would be marvelous: simply hit Ctrl + R and type in Dxdiag. When it's all done, just post the screenshots and that'll be all the information I need -- that is, enough to determine if it is, for some odd reason, a graphics card issue. Otherwise, providing there's nothing wrong on that front, it may be that Windows 10 virtualization of Windows XP is improperly supporting the game; you may need to use a more advanced virtualization tool, such as VirtualBox. Of course, that's a last resort, but available if the need arises.
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:50 am

I turned on the computer today, and all of a sudden, a message appeared that claims the computer has a virus! I just checked the system requirements lab website yesterday, and that was the only website I went on all day yesterday. Is it known for giving viruses to computers? My dad is talking to a person on the phone right now about fixing the virus. :(

This all happened before I had the chance to take your advice about running a check on my system specs, so I didn't do that, nor am I currently able to right now. :|
BBB

by xstargaming » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:15 am

Big Bad Bug wrote:I turned on the computer today, and all of a sudden, a message appeared that claims the computer has a virus! I just checked the system requirements lab website yesterday, and that was the only website I went on all day yesterday. Is it known for giving viruses to computers? My dad is talking to a person on the phone right now about fixing the virus. :(

This all happened before I had the chance to take your advice about running a check on my system specs, so I didn't do that, nor am I currently able to right now. :|

How curious. I can't say it's known for that; I have used it numerous times without any issues. What anti-viral software do you have?
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:33 pm

The new computer we have used Webroot but my dad uninstalled it after the virus occurred. He called someone for help (which cost us $137) and now the co outer has the base anti-virus system, which I believe is called Defender.

Despite all of the issues with the game on the new computer, my dad somehow got it to work on the older PC we have, and the game is functioning properly! :yey: :yey: :yey: All that I need now is a new set of speakers for the old computer so that I can hear the game. :P

Kingmaker, whenever you're ready for a game, I'll see if I can get online. :D
BBB

by The Kingmaker » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:50 pm

I'll have to look at getting online to work too :lol:

My treasured creations:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:48 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:I'll have to look at getting online to work too :lol:

I plan to use gameranger for online games, so let me know if you think that a different server would be better. Also, since I have yet to actually PLAY the game on the PC, we can just mess around and clash units to see which ones are better. I'm not going to get the Edain Mod just yet, either, until I enjoy the vanilla game.
BBB

by The Kingmaker » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:30 am

Could you inform RuudDevil that playing "High Pass" would be interesting. There's an Easter egg like the one in Harad for the Men of the East faction

My treasured creations:
User

by Big Bad Bug » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:58 pm

The Kingmaker wrote:Could you inform RuudDevil that playing "High Pass" would be interesting. There's an Easter egg like the one in Harad for the Men of the East faction

OK, I'll let him know on the next video that I see. :)

Also, I've made lots of custom heroes for the vanilla BFME2, including a Radagast hero. :D Haradrim warriors seem OP sometimes because they can convert units and steal resources, but the actual OP heroes are Men of the Wesr because you can stack Leadership on top of a Glorious Charge when you summon a whole army of units, plus a Spear Throw to nearly kill even Gimli in one shot, plus whatever 5th skill that you want. :twisted:

By the way, let me know when you get a gameranger account so we can play together. ;)
BBB

by sauron » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:05 pm

When you hat lord of the rings and you are sauron...

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:12 pm

You'd think the all seeing eye of Sauron would notice this thread is from 2016 and not reply to it.
Yes it's me

Previous