Rotten Forest-Strategy

For the King!

Rotten Forest-Strategy

by EpicPhantom999 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:25 pm

Do you know a good stategy for the Rotten Forest? I have completed every level other than the Rotten Forest and Fangal Forest. I want something that will stop Swamp Things, Tainted Treants, Noxious Creepers, and Mutated Hatchlings to stop overwhelming me.
Easiest Solution: Rain of Fire
Problem: It has a long cooldown.
Second Easiest Solution: Artillery
Problem: I tried unseccessfully.
Thanks for any advice. :P
User

Re: Rotten Forest-Strategy

by RaZoR LeAf » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:05 am

Hum, this is Kingdom Rush related so you'll have more interest if it’s in the KR forum, not the 'generic games' forum. I will move it for you.
Yes it's me

by kicorse » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:05 pm

I'm assuming you don't want a walkthrough, because those are readily available, but just some pointers.

I use nothing but artillery and mage towers, aside from one set of palladins, on Rotten Forest. As long as I don't get too impatient with calling waves early, and as long as I don't misuse Rain of Fire, these do the job very comfortably. If you start with a fully upgraded Tesla tower, the various spiders, Husks, Necromancers and Demons (except Demon Wulves) don't pose much of a threat. Hence don't worry about the magical resistance of spiders and demons. You don't need archery towers.

The Treants can be dangerous because a few spawn near the exit, and also just through shear numbers. Numbers + high armour implies that Sorcerers plus Artilerry is a good idea. A bit of crowd control right at the back (e.g. one set of palladins and/or a couple of Level 1 Teleports) is also helpful. Use Rain of Fire on large crowds, but don't let your Teleport screw that up. They also have enough HP to be an okay target for a Level 1 Death Ray.

Swamp Things are potentially very dangerous. Don't let them sit there attacking your soldiers while receiving no damage. Place your soldiers right at the back of their range, and move them forward only once a couple of Swamp Things start using their ranged attack. Also use Tesla towers to ensure that Swamp Things continuously take damage, even though they're rarely at the front. Beware of their regeneration. This is why they're bad targets for Rain of Fire unless they're already at <50% HP. It's also why you should only buy Teleport once you've built enough towers that a teleported Swamp Thing will keep taking heavy damage. Level 1 Death Ray is great against them, obviously.

The only other enemy I give thought to is Demon Wulves, because one can sneak through. This is yet another reason to build Tesla towers, and you can also use Rain of Fire on a combination of them and Treants. Be ready to place reinforcements immediately afterwards because your soldiers may get wiped out by the infernal combustion.

So at the choke point I build Tesla - Paladin - Arcane - Arcane - Tesla - and spam fully-upgraded artillery and unupgraded Sorcerers after that. Hmm... actually that's not quite right - I build one sorcerer tower quite early: just in time to greet the first Treants near their entrance.

Gerald or Malik are well suited to the level, although I have done it on both with Alleria and with no hero.
User

by EpicPhantom999 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:43 am

RaZoR LeAf wrote:Hum, this is Kingdom Rush related so you'll have more interest if it’s in the KR forum, not the 'generic games' forum. I will move it for you.

Thanks, although I don't remember putting it in the Generic Games forum. :idea:
User

by EpicPhantom999 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:19 pm

Hmm, once I tried almost identical towers (I say this because I use Barbarians rather than Paladins), and it didn't work well against the Swamp Things, as my Earth Elemental died about five times, and I'd say 5 Swamp Things and numerous Tainted Treants, Demon Spawns, Demon Lords, Noxious Creepers, Mutated Hatchlings, Demon Hounds, Necromancers, and Greenmuck itself is quite overwhelming.
Rain of Fire gets the job done, but not until I lose 10 health.
Huge numbers of enemies come at the later waves, not to mention all my Barbarians dying and spawning Husks that distract my towers as easily as a Blazing Gem gets distracted.
User

by RaZoR LeAf » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:30 pm

Don’t use Barbarians, they have no armor and die too quickly. Paladins should be your only barracks, and you should save using them until you can get them right up to Paladins in as little time as possible and give them the armour boost. It's the only thing that will keep them alive against Treants and Swamp Things.

The best way to beat Rotten Forest is to use less towers so you can upgrade the skills,on the good ones. Arcane Teleport and Instakills, Tesla overcharge, Big Bertha missiles and Rangers Wrath of Forest.
Yes it's me

by AerisDraco » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:37 pm

Also, try to avoid using Earth Elementals. Each that dies spawns another Swamp Thing, and that's no good.
KRA is now complete.
Main Topic

by kicorse » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:38 pm

Yeah, I recommended using "unupgraded" Sorcerer Towers for a reason. Earth Elementals are a terrible idea. Upgrade artillery instead.

Similarly Barbarians will just turn into Husks and deal little damage to (armoured) Treants or (ranged attack) Swamp Things. Paladins are there to tank/block rather than to deal damage, although Holy Strike is very useful against Treants.
User